PDA

View Full Version : Lord help me, I'm watching Thursday Night Thunder

bri
9/28/2006, 10:07 PM
I mean...TNA Impact.

And Jeff Jarrett is on my television. Urge....to....change.......channel....RISING.

Mixer!
9/28/2006, 10:37 PM
Wait... Slapnuts is still wrestling? :eddie:

bri
9/28/2006, 10:41 PM
Yep. Slapnuts BOUGHT HIS OWN COMPANY.

People like to bitch about Triple H using his family connection to the McMahons to keep himself in the main event in WWE, but at least he doesn't keep himself full-time World Champion. :D

Sooner24
9/29/2006, 07:44 AM
Jeff Jarrett does not own TNA. He did but he doesn't now.

Hot Rod
9/29/2006, 07:48 AM
Has anyone noticed that all of these shows seem to take place in the same "arena"? Is the show local, or does it actually tour like the WWE does?

bri
9/29/2006, 08:53 AM
They tape all their episodes at Universal Studios in Orlando. In fact, they usually tape about a month's worth at once, which is why they're so appealing to old, washed up "talent". All you have to make is three tapings and one PPV a month, and cash the check on your way home to take a nap. :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/29/2006, 08:54 AM
One of these days...I'm gonna watch this stuff. The way you guys talk about it MAKES me want to watch it.

Lord help me...

bri
9/29/2006, 09:01 AM
Heh...YES!!

And 24, I know Jarrett doesn't own TNA anymore...but he's still on the booking committee. Sample meeting:

Random booker: Okay, we've got Christian Cage coming in from WWE. He's way over with the fans, and they're gonna want us to put the World Title on him as soon as possible.

Jeff Jarret: HEY!

Random Booker #2: Come on now, Jeff. It'll be good for the company if we take a guy who could never get a legitimate main event push in WWE and put one of the most historic titles in the industry on him in less than a month, because he's our new toy.

Jeff Jarrett: Well....alright. But I get the title right back after, like, a couple of weeks, right?

Random booker: Well, DUH. Don't you worry, we'll let the fans enjoy someone they like watching as champion for a month, then we'll send him back down to the mid-card faster than you can say "Southern Justice".

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2006, 09:40 AM
Not to mention they don't show a match with 6 of their best athletes...instead they show Rhino feuding with Christian...I mean hell Vince could have misused them and paid them more

bri
9/29/2006, 09:43 AM
I know. I love how the IWC sh*ts all over ANYTHING that WWE does, but TNA does basically the same crap, and it's the greatest thing ever. Stupid Canadian marks. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2006, 10:34 AM
It amazes me how in one hour, they show 12 Cena Trailers, at least 15 minutes of Jarrett whining, 8 minutes of Sting posing, 8 minutes of Jim Cornette, 8 minutes of either Luger, Bagwell or Nash. And then you still have to hear about how TNA shows actual wrestling unlike the WWE. Hell Shelton and Jeff wrestled longer than anyone on TNA. TNA is acting like they got 6 hour time slot.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2006, 11:04 AM
Jeff Jarrett has become the person that he used to always have problems with..remember him getting tired of Hogan throwing his weight around..

bri
9/29/2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah...Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes. :D

What I want to know is, how the f*ck does TNA think they can release a Sting DVD when, like, 80% of his footage is owned by Vince? I laugh at the sucker TNA marks who shell out $20 for it...

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2006, 12:17 PM
yeah....It will be 30 minutes of his TNA crap

bri
9/29/2006, 12:21 PM
Exactly.

WWE should crap out a Sting DVD real quick, just to stick it to TNA. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2006, 12:40 PM
have you seen the ultimate warrior dvd yet?

bri
9/29/2006, 02:07 PM
No, but I want to.

I'm holding off on getting any of the WWE DVDs until they release the new DX one. :D

Petro-Sooner
9/29/2006, 02:13 PM
Is Jeff Jarrett the guy that was using the WWF to "spring board" himself into the country music business? HEH. ANd whats TNA?