PDA

View Full Version : OU TX ticket question...

goingoneight
9/28/2006, 08:49 PM
Have any of you ever bought tickets outside the game, like Friday or something??? I only have two, and would prefer two more if possible and I was wondering how much you paid for them if so. I know the price varies, but I have not a F'n clue right now what to expect... Thanks in advance...

SpiderInMyPeanuts
9/28/2006, 09:22 PM
I bought one last year for 100 on friday.--tickets are few and far between outside the stadium, in my opinion

StoopTroup
9/28/2006, 09:33 PM
Find the spider in the peanuts and win two OU Texas Tickets. ;)

http://www.pacfolio.com/images/instock_pics/shipping_peanuts.jpg

GottaHavePride
9/29/2006, 12:04 AM
On Friday? You're looking at a few hundred per ticket. If you're ok with that, you might find a ticket.

Fraggle145
9/29/2006, 07:45 AM
I was curious if anyone here had picked one up on Saturday before the game... like right up until/just a little bit past kickoff? If so how much were those? Also I have heard that a $50 used to to work well given to the ticket guy, given that many of the people running the gates come from the low income area surrounding the fairgrounds... any truth to that rumor?

sooner n houston
9/29/2006, 07:47 AM
EBAY

sooner_born_1960
9/29/2006, 08:20 AM
I was curious if anyone here had picked one up on Saturday before the game... like right up until/just a little bit past kickoff? If so how much were those? Also I have heard that a $50 used to to work well given to the ticket guy, given that many of the people running the gates come from the low income area surrounding the fairgrounds... any truth to that rumor?
It's been a lot of years, but $20 to a ticket taker got me in once. You have to scout around to find one willing to let you do it.

SOKCSooner
9/29/2006, 08:21 AM
I have a pair in Sec. 2 Row 10, and a single in Sec 30 Row 2. Send me an offer @ [email protected]
Thanks

MiccoMacey
9/29/2006, 08:58 AM
What side of the stadium do OU fans sit?

trey
9/29/2006, 09:04 AM

i paid a ticket taker $40 to get into the '01 roy williams game. the scalpers outside were still asking for $250 ten minutes into gametime.

mithrandir2398
9/29/2006, 11:32 AM
One time I didn't have tickets but went to the fair to just mess around and about 5 minutes after the game started, I found a guy w/ 4 trying to get $100 for Section 35 in the endzone bowl, but he went to $20 a piece after 10 minutes

Fraggle145
9/29/2006, 11:43 AM
but he went to $20 a piece after 10 minutes

Unfortunately that is more my price range :(

grad student = poor

mithrandir2398
9/29/2006, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately that is more my price range :(

The tickets sucked royal hole though. That section is on the diagonal from the uprights and we were on the 3rd row back. So, we could see sweet buck all. When I was still in high school the OU / TX game was the one away game my dad took me too and he dropped $475 on a pair of 40 yard line, section 4, 50 rows up. It was a beautiful stretch of field, you could see everything. That was a good day too.

The Maestro
9/29/2006, 11:56 AM
In '01 I bought a single outside the stadium a few hours before kickoff for $75. Both teams were unbeaten and ranked in the top 5. But the ticket taker rumor is true. A horn friend of mine went that route and had great seats by halftime in the Texas end zone. In fact, he was mere yards away from Roy and Teddy for the ending.

Good times, good times.

Fraggle145
9/29/2006, 12:38 PM
I wish I was there eating a turkey leg and pounding as many beers as I can at halftime before I can got back in... most I ever got was 4 beers and one turkey leg during a halftime.... which I think is impressive given lines and limits on drinks.

Sooner_Havok
9/29/2006, 03:17 PM
Got my tickets from the ticket office today...And for the fourth year in a row, I get some of the worst seats in the stadium :mad: My first year, I was understanding, I was a sophomore. But I am a bloody fifth year senior! When the ticket buyer guys asked me, "What section you have?" I told them and they said "never mind, we can't sell tickets in the bad of a section" The frustrating part is as we are leaving the ticket office, we hear all these jackarsses with three letters across their chest screaming, "Yes 40 yard line!" We were group 5! FIVE, how do I constantly get screwed over on this deal? :confused: