PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Suicidal?

Rogue
9/28/2006, 08:30 PM
Or a publicity stunt?

I take depression seriously, let's get that out of the way right up front.

I also know that men who seriously want to off themselves usually use more violent means. This could be a serious attempt or a cry for help from a dood that's really depressed, or who knows.

What I DON'T buy is that he mixed up his meds and took a whole bottle of the wrong pills. Nope, that ain't it. Trust me on this.

Is it odd to anyone else that his "publicist" found him and called 911?

All things considered even if he takes the high road and tries to be a spokesman for depression, he's still not a role model.

What says you, soonerfans.com?

Cam
9/28/2006, 08:33 PM
I think he likes himself too much to attempt suicide.

He's either hittin the PR gal or she's a beard.

StoopTroup
9/28/2006, 08:34 PM
I think it's a private matter and that I hope he's OK.

If he's not OK...

He shouldn't be playing for awhile.

afs
9/28/2006, 08:34 PM
publicity stunt

OhU1
9/28/2006, 08:35 PM
More importantly, should I start him or bench him in my fantasy league this week?

Rogue
9/28/2006, 08:35 PM
Had to look that up....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(female_companion)

In gay slang, a beard is a female companion used to hide a gay man's sexuality by appearing in public as if she and the gay man were a heterosexual couple. To do this with a heterosexual woman without letting her know you are gay is generally considered poor form. The term originated in the mid-1960s. It is derived from the notion that a man with a woman on his arm looks more butch, like a man with a beard. A male companion who accompanies a lesbian woman for the same purposes is sometimes called a merkin.

Merkin also explains something to me from the crotch-shaving thread.

sanantoniosooner
9/28/2006, 08:36 PM
http://www1.collegehumor.com/news/to.jpg

Mongo
9/28/2006, 08:37 PM
I dont know about yall, but if I take a couple of pain pills I get backed up for a little bit. Wonder what 35 pills will do to TO's dookie schedule?

jk the sooner fan
9/28/2006, 08:53 PM
i think he's bi-polar

Cam
9/28/2006, 09:03 PM
i think he's bi-polar
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case.

SeattleOUstudent
9/28/2006, 09:35 PM
His fiance and babys momma broke up with him on Monday. His kids birthday was on Monday. I dont think he was trying to kill himself, but maybe wanted to go numb a little bit and hit the sack....to bad that ratty-*** publicist was in his house. Im sure he wasnt responsive after takin 2-3. Doubt he needed to go to the hospital either. Way to freak out, Kim. You suck as a publicist.

StoopTroup
9/28/2006, 09:42 PM
I heard they were suppositories....

Rogue
9/29/2006, 06:15 AM
I don't know. With a new book, "there's no such thing as bad press."

SoonerJack
9/29/2006, 08:26 AM
And nobody's really picking on her phrase, "a man of his statue...." which I thought was hilarious.

OUDoc
9/29/2006, 08:31 AM
He took Methadone too?
My wife saw it in the paper this AM.

jk the sooner fan
9/29/2006, 08:32 AM
i think anna nicole's kid is the one that took methadone

OUDoc
9/29/2006, 08:34 AM
i think anna nicole's kid is the one that took methadone
Ahh. Stupid wife. :O

BeetDigger
9/29/2006, 08:48 AM
And nobody's really picking on her phrase, "a man of his statue...." which I thought was hilarious.

I picked up on that phrase, I took it to mean inconsequential.

C&CDean
9/29/2006, 09:29 AM
OK. I'll say it.

It's too bad he didn't finish the job right. *******s like him ain't even worth killin'.

VeeJay
9/29/2006, 10:10 AM
Parcells is the Big Winner in all this.

It gave him a reason to storm out of yet another annoying press conference.

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 10:23 AM
OK. I'll say it.

It's too bad he didn't finish the job right. *******s like him ain't even worth killin'.

I agree. The NFL, and the planet would be better off without him. Perhaps he'll try it again someday with a gun.

Dear T.O., Easy steps to snuff yourself. This works every single time or your money back:

1) Chamber a round into the handgun (pistol or revolver) of your choice. Note: Choose .380 or larger to ensure the outcome.

2) Insert muzzle of handgun in mouth, being careful to point the handgun towards the roof of your mouth. To be sure of proper alignment, rest the pistol slide or revolver barrel/cylinder top strap (depending on barrel length) on your chin. Of course, if using a pistol, upon firing the slide recoil may chafe your chin, but it won't matter and you won't feel it.

3) Click off safety and gently squeeze the trigger. Absolutely painless, absolutely effective.

NormanPride
9/29/2006, 10:29 AM
The first thing I thought of was that it all kind of fits. Lots of times guys like that act like *******s because they're a mess inside. I like to think I'm a forgiving person, so the best outcome of this would be he gets help, gets on some meds, and his attitude improves. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll happen. :(

Newbomb Turk
9/29/2006, 11:28 AM
911 Call

Kim Etheredge: "Hi, I have an emergency please."

911 operator: "You need the police out there?"

Etheredge: "I need an ambulance please."

911 operator: "Let me give you the paramedics."

Etheredge: "Thank you."

911 operator: "Stay on the line."

---

Paramedic: (Garbled) "Dallas Fire."

Etheredge: "Hi. Hi I need an ambulance please, immediately."

Paramedic: "OK. What's your address?"

Etheredge: (gives address, crying)

Paramedic: "What's wrong?"

Etheredge: "I think he took too many pills. Please. Now. (Garbled) What do I do if the pills are down the throat?"

Paramedic: "OK. What's your phone number? We are already on the way now, ma'm. What's your phone number?"

Etheredge: "Oh God!"

Paramedic: "What's your phone number?"

Etheredge: (Deleted)

Paramedic: "Is that 214?"

Etheredge: "Yes."

Paramedic: "OK. Is he still breathing?"

Etheredge: "Yes."

Paramedic: "OK, we're on the way there, ma'am."

Etheredge: "Thank you. Thank you."

Rogue
9/30/2006, 03:18 PM
Looks like he'll be ready to play tomorrow. NOT suicidal.

TerryThree
9/30/2006, 03:33 PM
He loves himself too much to kill himself.

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2006, 04:28 PM
i keep reading that "loves himself too much"

thats pure BS - that wont ever keep somebody from committing suicide.....people who commit suicide typically have mega-poor coping skills...TO seems to have issues coping with criticism and has a private side of his life we've never heard about.......i'll compare him to the Boz ........a complete different persona on the field than off

like i said before, i think he's got bi-polar issues.....both of his former teams urged him repeatedly to get counseling which he never did.....i think last week was a time when we got to see him at a low

sanantoniosooner
9/30/2006, 04:29 PM
He's definately bi-polar.

And neither one of his personalities is likeable.

Newbomb Turk
9/30/2006, 05:23 PM
He's definately bi-polar.

And neither one of his personalities is likeable.

heh

soonercody
9/30/2006, 05:37 PM
FWIW, Bipolar d/o and "multiple personalities" are entirely different things. For my take, one is real and one is not.

sanantoniosooner
9/30/2006, 09:36 PM
FWIW, Bipolar d/o and "multiple personalities" are entirely different things. For my take, one is real and one is not.
That's not what your other self said.

Cam
10/1/2006, 05:55 PM
i keep reading that "loves himself too much"

thats pure BS - that wont ever keep somebody from committing suicide.....people who commit suicide typically have mega-poor coping skills...TO seems to have issues coping with criticism and has a private side of his life we've never heard about.......i'll compare him to the Boz ........a complete different persona on the field than off

like i said before, i think he's got bi-polar issues.....both of his former teams urged him repeatedly to get counseling which he never did.....i think last week was a time when we got to see him at a low
Ever personally known somebody who's tried suicide, or are you just going by what you've found on the job?

Cam
10/1/2006, 06:00 PM
If I'm reading into your post correctly, your take would be 100% incorrect. Try living many years with somebody with MPDO and get back to us.

Both are very real. Bipolar's much more common, so I can see why you'd think what you do.

jk the sooner fan
10/1/2006, 06:02 PM
Ever personally known somebody who's tried suicide, or are you just going by what you've found on the job?

yes and yes

does that help?

i've investigated close to 50 of them, and the army has this habit of doing what they call "psychological autopsies"

which means i got to become the personal fact finder for the head shrink doing it

trust me........suicide is a subject i'm quite knowledgeable on

i've seen two in the act as well...

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2006, 06:05 PM
booticide isn't pretty either.

And, no. I don't know what that means.

Cam
10/1/2006, 06:16 PM
yes and yes

does that help?

i've investigated close to 50 of them, and the army has this habit of doing what they call "psychological autopsies"

which means i got to become the personal fact finder for the head shrink doing it

trust me........suicide is a subject i'm quite knowledgeable on

i've seen two in the act as well...
Just curious man, don't get your panties in a bunch every time somebody asks you a question. Is it so hard to believe that somebody might be simply asking you a question and not taking a shot???????

I've got a little knowledge on the subject as well and my experience is a 180 from yours. Luckily, I only need one hand to count the times. Each and every time it was the person not liking themselves or what they've become or done. Hell, you could even see that as coping. What I have never seen, is a person who's into themselves even contemplate suicide. They like themselves wayyyyyy too much to think about doing something like that. They also feel they can get the best of any situation they're in, regardless of how bad the situation is. TO fits into that catagory to me.

At the end of the day, even if there's a note, it's tough to really know what the reason is. You and I could guess all day long and never get the answer right.

jk the sooner fan
10/1/2006, 06:32 PM
i hear ya...and i agree on never getting it right or having the right answer

its my opinion that TO, when he's in that "love me" mode, is in the manic stage of the bi-polar....of course, this is just a laymans diagnosis and means nothing....but when they're on their high, they are in a total love fest with themselves, they think they are invincible

its when they hit the lows that they cant cope and do stupid things

i'm by no means an expert on the subject but i've had a buttload of exposure to it.....unfortunately

the one constant thing i ALWAYS heard (less one or two cases at the most)...was "i never thought he'd do that......he wasnt the type to do that"....etc etc......rarely do they leave enough warning signs for one single person to figure it out