PDA

View Full Version : OU-Texas player swap

The Maestro
9/28/2006, 04:45 PM
So, as Sooner fans, what starters from Texas would we take right now in place of our own? Just curious where we think Texas is more talented...curious what Texas fans might think as well.

On offense, I like ALL my backfield guys and receivers. I'll take AD, Pleasant, Kelley, Iglesias, Johnson, Strong, PT and Joe Jon over the Texas bunch. I don't need a one. Now some Texas fan might try to sell Sweed on me, but Kelley is better, in my book, and I'll go to war with him. On the offensive line, Texas has a couple of fresh faces that haven't proven much yet. I'd say the first starter for Texas I would take would be Blalock. Sendlein and Studdard might get a shot, too, but I am still trying to decide if I think they are that great or if VY made them great. Definitely Blalock, maybe the other two and NO skill players in front of OU's starters.

On defense, Frank Okam would be a pick at tackle, Ross at corner and maybe one linebacker...not sure, though. I'll take our ends, Bennett, Rufus and Latimer, Smith, Walker and Harris in the backfield for certain. I'll even take our kicking team as well.

In other words, I just think we have a better team, especially at skill positions. If Texas doesn't just DOMINATE the line of scrimmage, our talent will win the game.

XingTheRubicon
9/28/2006, 06:36 PM
So, as Sooner fans, what starters from Texas would we take right now in place of our own? Just curious where we think Texas is more talented...curious what Texas fans might think as well.

On offense, I like ALL my backfield guys and receivers. I'll take AD, Pleasant, Kelley, Iglesias, Johnson, Strong, PT and Joe Jon over the Texas bunch. I don't need a one. Now some Texas fan might try to sell Sweed on me, but Kelley is better, in my book, and I'll go to war with him. On the offensive line, Texas has a couple of fresh faces that haven't proven much yet. I'd say the first starter for Texas I would take would be Blalock. Sendlein and Studdard might get a shot, too, but I am still trying to decide if I think they are that great or if VY made them great. Definitely Blalock, maybe the other two and NO skill players in front of OU's starters.

On defense, Frank Okam would be a pick at tackle, Ross at corner and maybe one linebacker...not sure, though. I'll take our ends, Bennett, Rufus and Latimer, Smith, Walker and Harris in the backfield for certain. I'll even take our kicking team as well.

In other words, I just think we have a better team, especially at skill positions. If Texas doesn't just DOMINATE the line of scrimmage, our talent will win the game.

Limas Sweed.

XingTheRubicon
9/28/2006, 06:38 PM
Oh, you mean #1 WR v #1 WR.....

OK, then yeah, nobody.

Octavian
9/28/2006, 06:39 PM
Blaylock or Robison

OK2LA
9/28/2006, 06:50 PM

No disrespect meant here, but I don't like the thread. I have a difficult time with these "Let me axe you a hypothetical question" threads . . . although - I believe that I've started a few . . . hehe.

Now yours on the other hand - it kinda crosses the line of normal rationale. I despise anything in burnt peach. Once they are a texan - they are the enemy. :texan:

I might liken it to me asking you:

"If you could bang any guy out there - who would you bang?" (not that there's anything wrong with that . . . if you're into that kind of thing)

I dunno . . . I might be missing the point:D

Egeo
9/28/2006, 10:56 PM
i know lots of guys who do other guys....

in prison!

StoopTroup
9/29/2006, 01:09 AM
I'd trade Bomar for Chris Simms spleen. ;)

BIG_IKE
9/29/2006, 01:42 AM
I would take

Robison
Okam
Bobino
and the Griffin twins off their defense..

and maybe an O-lineman or two

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2006, 01:50 AM
Not a single one of 'em. I understand what you're saying, but every single one of the guys on our team chose to wear Crimson and Cream. Every single one of the guys on their team chose to wear Orange-and some of them made that choice when they could have worn Crimson and Cream.

Don't want 'em.

SicEmBaylor
9/29/2006, 04:04 AM
Not a single one of 'em. I understand what you're saying, but every single one of the guys on our team chose to wear Crimson and Cream. Every single one of the guys on their team chose to wear Orange-and some of them made that choice when they could have worn Crimson and Cream.

Don't want 'em.

I was about to post something very similar.
There are definitely some players that I'd like on our team, but I could never bring myself to say I'd want them instead of whoever they'd be replacing.

JediSooner
9/29/2006, 06:19 AM

Don't want 'em.
I concur 100%!

sooner_born_1960
9/29/2006, 08:22 AM

Don't want 'em.
I couldn't have said it any better. So I won't try.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
9/29/2006, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't take any either! Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

KYHonorarySooner
9/29/2006, 08:32 AM

Don't want 'em.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

OUmillenium
9/29/2006, 08:51 AM
None, we do not have time for the massive de-pussification of Texas players to take place in order for them to don the C-n-C.

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2006, 09:04 AM
Wow.. according to your fan base, it would appear as if OU has better talent at all positions. Then there should be no excuse at all for OU NOT to win convincingly....

Bourbon St Sooner
9/29/2006, 09:04 AM
None. Anybody that can wear that nasty crapped on orange and feel good about themselves is someone I don't want on our team.

NormanPride
9/29/2006, 09:40 AM
Wow.. according to your fan base, it would appear as if OU has better talent at all positions. Then there should be no excuse at all for OU NOT to win convincingly....

Meh. This is more of a "I like our boys because they wear the Crimpson!" discussion.

I'd trade almost the entire Oline, really. I think they're just better, and it's hard not to argue that. The only difference is that we have a different type of OL. Texas' is good at playing in space, but still suffers a bit just trying to mash people. Ours is about equal at both, but not as good as theirs yet.

I'd trade their SS if we can move Reggie back to corner, and I'd take Okam as a DT. But that's really about it.

T_Boner
9/29/2006, 10:05 AM
Call me crazy, but I’d trade Venables for Chizik, and trade DTs and O-Lines. Hook 'em

GrapevineSooner
9/29/2006, 11:29 AM
I'd trade our CB's for their CB's.

And OL's for certain.

And Limas Sweed for one of our receivers.

mithrandir2398
9/29/2006, 11:54 AM
Take none from Texas. Because they go to UT, they have been infected and are now unclean. We need to sterilize our players and burn all equipment that touched a Texas player after the game.

I had to root for Texas at their title game and I vomitted a bit into my mouth every time I sent out a cheer, but I saw that as ok b/c I hate USC more than Texas. I also started crying that night b/c I realized that I hated a team more than Texas. I am tearing up right now just thinking about it. I have to go sit in the corner and try to breathe now

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2006, 12:57 PM

Lid, you're better at reading than that. There's absolutely no way you could miscontrue what I wrote that badly, so I'm going to have to assume that you're deliberately misrepresenting what I wrote.

Octavian
9/29/2006, 01:01 PM
Lid, you're better at reading than that....

maybe he ain't so good ;)

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1928/hutz06pj3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Luthor
9/29/2006, 02:53 PM
This thread is a perfect cross section representation of the sooner fan base. To be fair it's probably representative of every football board in the country. Some of you are pragmatic and realistic. The rest are irrational lunatic homers who believe if it ain't home grode it ain't $hit.

NormanPride
9/29/2006, 02:56 PM
This thread is a perfect cross section representation of the sooner fan base. To be fair it's probably representative of every football board in the country. Some of you are pragmatic and realistic. The rest are irrational lunatic homers who believe if it ain't home grode it ain't $hit.

Would you have it any other way? :D

Pepper
9/30/2006, 12:22 AM
Aside from the argument about who I would take, let's just rephrase it to say which positions are better on their team than ours. I think Sweed is better than most of our receivers, except maybe for Malcolm Kelly. Their O-line also looks to be better. Offensively, OU appears to have better players overall. Defensively UT probably has the advantage. However it looks to be a close matchup. OU will have to play better than they played in the first 3 games to win.

olevetonahill
9/30/2006, 01:00 AM
and your point ?

Readyfor8
9/30/2006, 01:12 AM
Meh. This is more of a "I like our boys because they wear the Crimpson!" discussion.

I'd trade almost the entire Oline, really. I think they're just better, and it's hard not to argue that. The only difference is that we have a different type of OL. Texas' is good at playing in space, but still suffers a bit just trying to mash people. Ours is about equal at both, but not as good as theirs yet.

I'd trade their SS if we can move Reggie back to corner, and I'd take Okam as a DT. But that's really about it.

You might think their OLine is leaps and bounds ahead of ours, but the truth is that while we have faced a 9-6 combined opponent record and they have faced a 6-9 combined opponent record, we have allowed only one more sack than sexat's offensive line. And we have consistantly had great rushing this season (although in no small part to the man carrying the ball.)

And you may argue that they have a better defense but they haven't really shown that either in the stats world. They have a much stronger Rush Defense but thats not because we have no talent, its because our fundementals are off. Besides that you didnt mention any Linebackers, and only one DT, and he was an after thought it seems. While you mention taking the SS from Texas we still have a much much much better passing defense than Texas does.

Now you might say alot of that was skewed by the MTSU game, but MTSU is still 2-2, Rice and UNT are combined 1-7 so there is no reason after 4 games to say they are stronger in any one area than we are, except run defense which as mentioned above is more closely related to proper positioning than talent.

mikeb
9/30/2006, 01:25 AM
Why dont you home grow your @$$ to hornfans.com?:pop:

KingDavid
9/30/2006, 01:55 AM
Blalock and Okam.

Sure, you could take Sweed . . . but not for Kelly. Sweed has had ONE big grab in his entire career. Extremely over-rated. Sure, he could have a break-out year . . . but he's got nothing on Kelly except ONE big grab in a big game.

Outside of Blalock and Okam, there's nothing really compelling.