PDA

View Full Version : Another Side Story to the TO issue

SleestakSooner
9/28/2006, 04:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2606156

"The officers reacted because they were called to this location to do this job. Now they're being put under a microscope by some fancy little football person," Senior Cpl. Glenn White said. "Give me a break. Those officers are 10 times better than this man. ... We police officers don't go out to these calls and make stuff up."

Umm... I have seen cops lie before a judge personally, so I am sure it is highly possible that this super-human officer could have and would have misrepresented the truth for one of several reasons, if what they originally wrote in the report was so freaking true then why black it out before the public release?

It is this precise attitude coming from those chosen and who choose to "serve and protect" us average, everyday, normal citizens (who should count ourselves lucky to lick the dung from their boots) that makes me worry for our society today. We have glorified their roles too much, to the exclusion of our own rights and liberties.

A typical officer can get away with saying something this ridiculous and maybe get a slap on the wrist. This guy is the president of the Dallas Police Association, and I am sure he feels his officers are under the media microscope but hey... that's what PUBLIC servants do!

If they show this much contempt to someone who is a highly regarded professional athelete, how much less do you think they care for anyone else who makes them unhappy?

Sorry for the rant but this really is under my skin.

jk the sooner fan
9/28/2006, 06:29 PM
they black it out (redact) it because of privacy act laws....has nothing to do with what they want to hide or not hide

sanantoniosooner
9/28/2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah........I'd give the benefit of the doubt to TO in this case.:rolleyes:

There is so much spin and crap that the real truth may never come out.

EVERYBODY is in "protect their own a55" mode.

OKLA21FAN
9/28/2006, 07:17 PM
is this the same Dallas PD that cost the city millions in dozens of fake drug arrests?

jk the sooner fan
9/28/2006, 08:49 PM
yes, every officer on the entire force was involved in that

sanantoniosooner
9/28/2006, 08:50 PM
yes, every officer on the entire force was involved in that
:D
AAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahaha

this stuff cracks me up

jk the sooner fan
9/28/2006, 08:54 PM
how many officers on the SAPD got busted in that fake drug deal? was it the dirty dozen? or 11?

sanantoniosooner
9/28/2006, 08:56 PM
how many officers on the SAPD got busted in that fake drug deal? was it the dirty dozen? or 11?
what cracks me up is that every cop is dirty because of a few(according to some).

I got no idea how many dirty cops are down here. I tend to have more problems with little towns that make a living off traffic violations.

GrapevineSooner
9/29/2006, 12:48 PM
This is officially two-day old news. The DPD says either way, no crime was committed. As long as TO doesn't have another episode, we may never know exactly what this was.

critical_phil
9/29/2006, 12:57 PM
I got no idea how many dirty cops are down here.

99.97%

sanantoniosooner
9/29/2006, 01:03 PM
As long as TO doesn't have another episode
another? or the same?

TO will implode.

The thing that keeps you on the edge of your seet is how and when.