PDA

View Full Version : OU vs Oregon in another bowl game this season.

Dan Thompson
9/28/2006, 03:31 PM
What are the chances we could match up with Oregon in another bowl game?

I have seen the listing of bowl games the XII goes to based on conference standings at the end of the year, but I have not seen the same for the PAC 10.

So whats the chances of this happening?

yermom
9/28/2006, 03:38 PM
if they only lose to USC again they could easily be in the Holiday Bowl again, playing some Big 12 team (i can't imagine OU is 3rd again)

if they win out, and don't make the NC game, they should be in the Rose Bowl, most likely playing a Big 10/11 team

i can't remeber where the other Pac 10 bowls are

yermom
9/28/2006, 03:41 PM
the other possibility would be the Sun Bowl

TexasLidig8r
9/28/2006, 03:55 PM
Oregon loses to USC.

Oregon loses to Cal.

Oregon loses to Az. State.

Oregon is 4th in the Pac 10.

yermom
9/28/2006, 04:03 PM
it's the #2 Pac-10 team that goes to San Diego, i don't know about the other bowls

what are you saying Lid? if Oregon loses to all those teams, i think there is no chance of a Texass/Oregon game in the Longwh0n Bowl for you

San Diego was pretty nice, i see why you guys like going there so much ;)

Octavian
9/28/2006, 05:19 PM
I don't want to see the Oregon fanbase again anytime soon.

Three times in as many years is enough for programs that rarely meet.

Bowl games are much more enjoyable when the two fanbases can be freindly w/ one another while tailgating or exploring the city....and after the fiasco in Eugene, I don't think that'd happen.

PDXsooner
9/28/2006, 05:37 PM
what would it prove? we bet them here, beat them in a bowl, and they squeaked by in a pretty even game in eugene with the infamous ending.

Octavian
9/28/2006, 05:44 PM
6-1*

TheUnnamedSooner
9/28/2006, 05:47 PM
Oregon loses to USC.

Oregon loses to Cal.

Oregon loses to Az. State.

Oregon is 4th in the Pac 10.

Oregon loses to UW

Dan Thompson
9/28/2006, 05:48 PM
What would it prove?

If we beat them like I think we would I could tell the ******* USC defans that it was not the defense that lost the game.

It is always the first think out of there mount "...well OU gave up 501 yards, you deserve to louse", etc etc.

Bubba Duck
9/28/2006, 07:19 PM
What are the chances we could match up with Oregon in another bowl game?

I have seen the listing of bowl games the XII goes to based on conference standings at the end of the year, but I have not seen the same for the PAC 10.

So whats the chances of this happening?

I dont think that the Holidy Bowl would let it happen. Bowls usualy don't like to have repeat games. And rarely does a bowl like to have rematches of games that occured that season.

birddog
9/28/2006, 07:42 PM
this wouldn't be your run of the mill rematch after what happened a couple of weeks ago. i think the holiday bowl knows the ratings would be out the roof.

royalfan5
9/28/2006, 08:53 PM
Like you guys aren't going to win the South and end up in the Cotton Bowl at least. There is no way OU will fall to the Holiday Bowl this year unless you guys have randomly accumulated so much bad football karma that you have two or three games taken from you.

Jackal
9/28/2006, 10:12 PM
I am against playing Oregon again, and I bet Stoops would be too. Nothing to gain and if by some chance we lose then it would give them another reason to say they deserved to win during the regular season.

sooneron
9/28/2006, 10:19 PM
Actually, If we win out and Oregon loses only to usc- the condoms could end up in the Fiesta and oregon could go to the Rose and we could go to the rose ala 4 years ago.

Mich or tosu would have to lose two games or the orange could take them as runner up over us.

StoopTroup
9/28/2006, 10:21 PM
I think there's way to many big games left to think about stuff like this.

I quit thinking about waterfowl a few days ago.

sooneron
9/28/2006, 10:22 PM
I think there's way to many big games left to think about stuff like this.

I quit thinking about waterfowl a few days ago.
Me too, but the question was posed.

soonermaticsam
9/28/2006, 11:00 PM
I really don't want to see Oregon again. If we get put with them in a bowl game I will puke.

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2006, 08:43 AM
it's the #2 Pac-10 team that goes to San Diego, i don't know about the other bowls

what are you saying Lid? if Oregon loses to all those teams, i think there is no chance of a Texass/Oregon game in the Longwh0n Bowl for you

San Diego was pretty nice, i see why you guys like going there so much ;)

Even though Dallas is home.. I'd take a trip to San Diego over the Cotton Bowl any day. Golfing... the beach.. 2 day trip to Las Vegas... Mexico....

Oh..

Texas in the Fiesta Bowl against Neutered Dame.
OU and Cal in the Horiday Bowl
Nebbish and LSU in the Cotton Bowl.

book it Dano.