PDA

View Full Version : Who Goes to the Fair?

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 09:45 AM
I haven't been in years but I think we're going this year. I've always found it to be dirty and redneck-y but I'm sure that's changed. :D

We went to Disneyworld in June so it'll be interesting how they compare.

So, who still goes?

NormanPride
9/28/2006, 09:55 AM
You're actually going to compare Disneyworld to the Fair? Wow.

Widescreen
We need a "Yes, I go and it sucks" option. I'm taking the family next Thursday. Although the Texas State Fair is far less gross and sucky than the Tulsa State Fair.

sooner_born_1960
I voted no. OK, I really didn't vote, but I would vote "no" if I voted.

Widescreen
9/28/2006, 09:56 AM
Well, they both feature "Fantasyland". They just mean VERY different things.

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 09:56 AM

Yes. Seriously.

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 09:58 AM
Although the Texas State Fair is far less gross and sucky than the Tulsa State Fair.

Well, of course it is. Since there's only a few "fairs" and they travel around from location to location, I'm sure the clean, good ones go to Texas.

:rolleyes:

SoonerInKCMO
9/28/2006, 10:01 AM
We need a "Yes, I go and it sucks" option. I'm taking the family next Thursday. Although the Texas State Fair is far less gross and sucky than the Tulsa County Fair.

Fixed.

frankensooner
9/28/2006, 10:02 AM
Yea! Pat's back. In all seriousness, you cannot compare the fair to Disney World. The OKLAHOMA State fair here in Oklahoma City was quite nice this year though. I went on the first day and it was clean and the carnies weren't too surly, the ones who spoke english anyway. I even thought Bobo the clown wasn't nearly as offensive as in years past. He only referred to my baldness the once. I have a good friend who does say, if you are feeling bad about yourself, go to the fair and you will start feeling much better.

bri
9/28/2006, 10:05 AM
What is this "Oklahoma State Fair" of which you speak? Is that, like, the sh*tty version of the Tulsa State Fair for all you red-dirters who can't afford the toll? :D

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 10:07 AM
Fixed.

I was wondering when the other Oklahoma-haters would show.

Welcome.

:D

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 10:08 AM
And for those of you who still think I was serious.....no, I am not going to actually compare the fair with Disneyworld.

Tear Down This Wall
9/28/2006, 10:09 AM
We're going tomorrow, opening day. It's all my wife has been able to talk about for three days. Friday night, I'll be sick with funnel cakes, corn dogs, and those corn on the cobs on a stick thingys. And, I'll have seen every f'n 2007 car and probably some 2008s. Wheeeeee-doggy!

Beef
9/28/2006, 10:11 AM
And for those of you who still think I was serious.....no, I am not going to actually compare the fair with Disneyworld.
Seriously?

SoonerInKCMO
9/28/2006, 10:13 AM
I was wondering when the other Oklahoma-haters would show.

Welcome.

:D

Oklahoma hater? No, I just think it's silly to call something "City Name State Fair". Especially when there already is an actual State Fair held in the same state.

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 10:16 AM
Oh, okay.

bri
9/28/2006, 10:18 AM
Oklahoma hater? No, I just think it's silly to call something "City Name State Fair". Especially when there already is an actual State Fair held in the same state.

Yes, but is it more or less silly than having a Kansas City, MO? ;)

Fugue
9/28/2006, 10:19 AM
what fair did the pic of the hairy brown toof come from?

Widescreen
9/28/2006, 10:20 AM
Well, of course it is. Since there's only a few "fairs" and they travel around from location to location, I'm sure the clean, good ones go to Texas.

I'm talking about the general cleanliness of the fairgrounds, not the hygiene of the carnys.

jk the sooner fan
9/28/2006, 10:24 AM
normally my answer would be no, but mrs jk has never been to the state fair of texas, so we're going to go this weekend

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 10:26 AM
normally my answer would be no, but mrs jk has never been to the state fair of texas, so we're going to go this weekend

I hear it's way clean....have fun!

jk the sooner fan
9/28/2006, 10:29 AM
haha, i know better.....she has to learn on her own :)

Widescreen
9/28/2006, 11:43 AM
I hear it's way clean....have fun!
:mad:

Boarder
9/28/2006, 11:50 AM
I'll have to say, Tulsa State Fair concert selection beat out OKC this year.

Kutless and Disciple
Bowling For Soup
Rick Springfield
AND... Morris Day and the Time

yermom
9/28/2006, 01:03 PM
Morris Day and mother****in' Time?

yermom
9/28/2006, 01:03 PM

well, seeing as the one in Texas is going on at the same time as the Tulsa one...

bri
9/28/2006, 01:04 PM
Yes indeed.

Jerome, bring me my hat...and a turkey leg!

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 01:05 PM
well, seeing as the one in Texas is going on at the same time as the Tulsa one...

Right. They got the clean one with the carnies who wear tuxedos.

frankensooner
9/28/2006, 01:07 PM
I'll have to say, Tulsa State Fair concert selection beat out OKC this year.

Kutless and Disciple
Bowling For Soup
Rick Springfield
AND... Morris Day and the Time

Uh, we had Foghat!!! We also had Bowling for Soup, Raven Simone, Sawyer Brown, Blake Shelton, Jo Dee Messina, Midnight Star and Superfreak, not to mention the Elvis Extravaganza! (I forgot to also mention Kalazh, Shooter Jennings and the Centennial Rodeo Opry. Sorry, my bad)

Foghat alone...

Viking Kitten
9/28/2006, 01:08 PM
...I even thought Bobo the clown wasn't nearly as offensive as in years past. He only referred to my baldness the once...

That right there is a good reason to avoid the fair. Who the hell wants to see the kindler, gentler Bobo? I want my Bobo vicious and cruel. Bobo should make people hurt. Why try to gentrify the fair anyway? The fair should be dirty, the crowd should have four teeth all together, and the food should be deep-fried, powdered sugar-coated lard. That's why it's the fair, man. When I want to hang with polite, sanitary yuppies I'll go join an Amy Tan discussion group at Barnes and Noble or something.

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 01:09 PM
Uh, we had Foghat!!! We also had Bowling for Soup, Raven Simone, Sawyer Brown, Blake Shelton, Jo Dee Messina, Midnight Star and Superfreak, not to mention the Elvis Extravaganza!

Foghat alone...

Raven Simone?

frankensooner
9/28/2006, 01:16 PM
Raven Simone?
http://www.technotunes.net/photos/images/Raven_Simone.jpg

She is one of the Cheetah girls! Doy! ;)

Viking Kitten
9/28/2006, 01:17 PM
They're gonna need a bigger bus.

Mjcpr
9/28/2006, 01:17 PM
Cheetah girls?

The only Raven anything I've ever heard of was on The Cosby Show.....her? I had no idea she sang.....or whatever she does.

Dang.

Viking Kitten
9/28/2006, 01:18 PM
She's not actually in the Cheetah Girls anymore. I think they split over artistic differences.

frankensooner
9/28/2006, 01:19 PM
I guess she sings, my daughters watch those Cheetah girl movies, I have no idea, and as you might have guessed I didn't go to any of the aforementioned shows, although Foghat is one of the best concerts I have seen, they really rock for being old english doods.

bri
9/28/2006, 01:50 PM
She's not actually in the Cheetah Girls anymore. I think they split over artistic differences.

"Artistic differences", my *ss. Judging from that pic, they split because bitch at all the damn pie.

frankensooner
9/28/2006, 01:54 PM
I think she is a much better role model than Lindsay Lohan ;)

NormanPride
9/28/2006, 02:05 PM
I think she is a much better role model than Lindsay Lohan ;)

So is a futon.

bri
9/28/2006, 02:25 PM
So is a futon.

Pshaw, I say. A futon is only a bench/bed.

Lindsay Lohan, on the other hand, is a TRIPLE-THREAT! Actress/singer/whore!

C&CDean
9/28/2006, 02:42 PM
Focus people. We're talking about fairs, not skank hoes.

I go to one fair, and one fair only. I hate it with a passion, but until they move the game out of the Cotton Bowl, I will continue to technically attend the Texas State Fair.

I don't eat no Fletcher's. I don't drink no ****-warm beer. I don't eat no sausage-on-a-stick. I don't stand in line and buy a single food ticket. The only things I even look at are the animals in the ag barns (and only because we have to pass by them when we come through that entrance), and every once in a while we go to one of the shows in the barn by the CB. A couple years ago they had some Irish dancers, and I've seen the Lippizan Stallions there too I think.

After the game, I immediately retrace my steps to the exit, and get as far away from that POS place as I possibly can.

I have NEVER gone to the OK fair, and only will if one of my kids were performing there. And by "performing" I don't mean in a freak show.

slickdawg
9/28/2006, 02:44 PM
We are taking slickdaughter to the fair sometime. I don't think they'll
have a whorn-free night, so we'll have to tolerate them.

dolemitesooner
9/28/2006, 02:49 PM
The Texas state fair is the only fair I go to. All others suck balls.

bri
9/28/2006, 02:51 PM
We are taking slickdaughter to the fair sometime. I don't think they'll
have a whorn-free night, so we'll have to tolerate them.

Heh, the 7th will be pretty whorn-free after we win. :D

dolemitesooner
I don't eat no Fletcher's. I don't drink no ****-warm beer. I don't eat no sausage-on-a-stick. performing there. And by "performing" I don't mean in a freak show.
If that wasn't a sausage on a stick than what the **** kind of sauasge did I see you sucking on last year?

KaiserSooner
My parents would take my brother, sister, and I to the State Fair every year when we were kids. Now, I try to go every year but don't usually make it. I only go to the Texas State Fair when I go to the OU/UT game. As far as the Tulsa fair...I've never been.

dolemitesooner
9/28/2006, 02:53 PM
Shouldnt it be called the "Tulsa city extravaganza"

C&CDean
9/28/2006, 02:54 PM
If that wasn't a sausage on a stick than what the **** kind of sauasge did I see you sucking on last year?

From where you were, the only thing you could see clearly was my belly button.

bri
9/28/2006, 02:55 PM
The Tulsa State Fair is awesome. The best part is that the fair midway runs right into Bell's. You're just walking along, riding rides and playing games and all of a sudden, you're in an entirely different amusement area.

It's kinda like backpacking through Europe. "Hey, weren't we just in a different country? I didn't see a sign..."

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/28/2006, 02:55 PM

ZANG!!!

dolemitesooner
9/28/2006, 02:57 PM
I know and it smelled like ****......dude you got to waRsh that **** out.....I MEAN DAMN:D

Viking Kitten
9/28/2006, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry, did every single one of you miss the fact that DEAN LIKES TO WATCH IRISH STEP DANCING???

C&CDean
9/28/2006, 02:58 PM
I know and it smelled like ****......dude you got to waRsh that **** out.....I MEAN DAMN:D
Uh, that wasn't my belly button.....

KaiserSooner
9/28/2006, 03:00 PM
It's kinda like backpacking through Europe. "Hey, weren't we just in a different country? I didn't see a sign..."

Don't watch Hostel.

dolemitesooner
9/28/2006, 03:00 PM
Uh, that wasn't my belly button.....
Ohh gawd..I was really drunk I guess:O

bri
9/28/2006, 03:02 PM
Don't watch Hostel.

Why not? I love boobs and copious gore and violence.

Ya pansy.

C&CDean
Ohh gawd..I was really drunk I guess:O

Not as drunk as me. Hell, I was watching Irish dancing.

dolemitesooner
You guys are going to get me fired...I got to be getting back to work...

bri
9/28/2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, apparently the salads aren't gonna toss themselves...

IB4OU2
9/28/2006, 03:31 PM
The Tulsa State Fair is awesome. The best part is that the fair midway runs right into Bell's. You're just walking along, riding rides and playing games and all of a sudden, you're in an entirely different amusement area.

you mean from grimeyland to slimeyland......;)

I never did like fairs but the Tulsa fair IS better than the Okla. State fair.

sooneron
9/28/2006, 03:48 PM
That right there is a good reason to avoid the fair. Who the hell wants to see the kindler, gentler Bobo? I want my Bobo vicious and cruel. Bobo should make people hurt. Why try to gentrify the fair anyway? The fair should be dirty, the crowd should have four teeth all together, and the food should be deep-fried, powdered sugar-coated lard. That's why it's the fair, man. When I want to hang with polite, sanitary yuppies I'll go join an Amy Tan discussion group at Barnes and Noble or something.

Du

Jour!!:D