PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

fadada1
9/28/2006, 09:09 AM
when having a "one sided" discussion with those you supervise (ranging in age from 16 to 70), how many four-letter words are appropriate in a 5 minute span. concurrently, if the discussion is regarding the same topics and concerns you've AT LEAST 5 times prior, does the appropriate number of four-letter words used increase?

critical_phil
9/28/2006, 09:17 AM
you should never use four letter words around subordinates.

that way, when you do use ONE, they know you mean business.

sooner_born_1960
9/28/2006, 09:35 AM
Patton single-handedly defeated the Germans by cursing at every sumb!tch he communicated with, subordinate or superordinate.

frankensooner
9/28/2006, 10:39 AM
Your position with this organization is in jeopardy should this occur again.

Can you send them home without pay for a day or something? Sounds like a time-out is needed.

My boss never cusses and I am more afraid letting him down more than anything.

Tear Down This Wall
9/28/2006, 10:41 AM
I say "cake" all the time to anyone I please, as much as I like...and everyone just has to deal with it in their own way.

Beef
9/28/2006, 10:45 AM
If you have throat punched them properly, you shouldn't need to cuss at them and they shouldn't be able to talk back and tell you if it was inappropriate.

Vaevictis
9/28/2006, 10:55 AM
when having a "one sided" discussion with those you supervise (ranging in age from 16 to 70), how many four-letter words are appropriate in a 5 minute span. concurrently, if the discussion is regarding the same topics and concerns you've AT LEAST 5 times prior, does the appropriate number of four-letter words used increase?

Five times prior? At that point, I usually skipped the four letter words and went to the five letter words -- You're fired.

fadada1
9/28/2006, 10:55 AM
If you have throat punched them properly, you shouldn't need to cuss at them and they shouldn't be able to talk back and tell you if it was inappropriate.
heh. i like the way you think.