PDA

View Full Version : My fav SEC team mentioned on KMOD this am.

Okla-homey
9/28/2006, 08:11 AM
Auburn rolls into Columbia SC tonight to put a beatdown on the 'Cocks.

The guys mentioned that AU is heavily favored, particularly since South Carolina is not really playing college football this year.:D

It's kinda sad, my Gamecock fan b-i-l is going to limp up to his seat in Williams-Brice ("the stadium in the 'hood") despite his recent knee replacement surgery in order to observe the slaughter.

I just wish I knew how USC (not the one on the left coast) managed to offend the football gods so badly they are incapable of being competitive in the SEC despite repeatedly hiring former national championship winning coaches and pumping large stacks of cash into their program.

Vaevictis
9/28/2006, 09:32 AM
It's the name. I'd be leery of being recruited by ANY team known as the "cocks".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/28/2006, 02:19 PM
So, what's your favorite MAC team?

batonrougesooner
9/28/2006, 02:29 PM
So Auburn is going to beat on the Cocks.

That's kinda ghey.

VeeJay
9/28/2006, 02:39 PM
I hear the Cocks have gotten up for this game.

That was lame but it's all I got

Osce0la
9/28/2006, 02:42 PM
Lou Holtz was on the radio here in Birmingham talking about this game yesterday. This morning one of the radio show hosts said Holtz is in the running for the most unpopular guest EVAR on their show. They got a lot of emails from Auburn fans about his comments in the interview the previous day.

Holtz stated that South Carolina's defense would shut down Auburn's offense, and that South Carolina would win this game. He says Auburn has no big threat receivers (I wonder if Courtney Taylor was listening) and referred to Auburn as the "War Eagles". I believe he again called Auburn the "University of Auburn", just like on ESPN when he called USC "The University of the University of Southern California"...

dolemitesooner
9/28/2006, 02:52 PM
Your daughter goes to Auburn right hommie?

Fraggle145
9/28/2006, 04:28 PM
Go dawgs! oops couldnt resist. They my second team.

Okla-homey
9/28/2006, 09:58 PM
Phew, dodged a bullet...but the Tigers are victorious. Mainly because they maintained possession of the ball the ENTIRE third quarter by recovering an onside kick.

Scott D
9/28/2006, 11:05 PM
well that and that South Carolina didn't use Sidney Rice as a decoy on that 4th and 1 inside the 5 with less than 30 seconds left.

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 08:20 AM
So, what's your favorite MAC team?

If I had a kid who went to a MAC school, I'd have a MAC fav.;)

dolemitesooner
9/29/2006, 09:17 AM
Does your Daughter go to Auburn?

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 09:40 AM
Does your Daughter go to Auburn?

yes.

King Crimson
9/29/2006, 10:16 AM
pretty close game....

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 10:29 AM
pretty close game....

Its always dangerous for a top 5 team to go into a place where the underdog has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Frankly, that frosh USC QB was impressive as heck. He has some wheels on him too.

BTW, did anyone else notice the sign (for Holtz's benefit) the '**** fan was sporting that said: Dear Lou, Thanks for letting Kenny Irons leave us for Auburn.

dolemitesooner
9/29/2006, 11:03 AM
yes.
SO WAS SHE THE ONE THAT WAS GOING TO POUND THE COCKS? i AM CONFUSED.

cAUSE i WATCHED THE GAME LAST NIGHT AND SHE COULDNT EVEN FINISH THOSE COCKS OFF.

WHAT A QUITTER

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 12:18 PM
SO WAS SHE THE ONE THAT WAS GOING TO POUND THE COCKS? i AM CONFUSED.

cAUSE i WATCHED THE GAME LAST NIGHT AND SHE COULDNT EVEN FINISH THOSE COCKS OFF.

WHAT A QUITTER

No Dilbert, she was flying home to Tulsa last night to see her mama and daddy. Keep it up and I may have to hurt you next time I see you.:hot:

StoopTroup
9/29/2006, 12:20 PM
I thought the cocks were gonna score there in the end.

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 12:24 PM

I did too, but that AU D held.

Tommy said at one point Spurrier's Cocks were playing "basketball on grass" by using so many recievers.

I tell you what, Spurrier better keep that QB on a short leash, because if that kid doesn't kill himself with "big head disease" and some foolish off-field stunt, he's got a fine career ahead of him both in the SEC and NFL.

9/29/2006, 01:43 PM
Spurrier's squads will be contenders in a couple of years (if he stays there).So, what is your favorite MAC team? Hows about Big East?

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 01:48 PM
Spurrier's squads will be contenders in a couple of years (if he stays there).So, what is your favorite MAC team? Hows about Big East?

Since I send no money or DNA to either conference, I have no favs in either...although I have a nostalgic bent for Rutgers since they played the first collegiate football game evar.

The game, between Rutgers and Princeton took place on November 6, 1869 at New Brunswick, New Jersey. Rutgers won, by a score of 6 "runs" to 4.

Rutgers and Princeton, along with Columbia and Yale, met on 18 October 1873 to establish rules governing their athletic competition, and specifically to codify rules for the emerging sport of football.

9/29/2006, 02:03 PM
Since I send no money or DNA to either conference, I have no favs in either...although I have a nostalgic bent for Rutgers since they played the first collegiate football game evar.

The game, between Rutgers and Princeton took place on November 6, 1869 at New Brunswick, New Jersey. Rutgers won, by a score of 6 "runs" to 4.

Rutgers and Princeton, along with Columbia and Yale, met on 18 October 1873to establish rules governing their athletic competition, and specifically to codify rules for the emerging sport of football.Knew ya had an answer to give. Yeah, without a stake in another school, I don't really have a second choice fave-it's all Sooners.

slickdawg
9/29/2006, 02:32 PM
That third quarter domination was very impressive.

Scott D
9/29/2006, 02:38 PM
perhaps, but I have a feeling that Tuberville was more afraid of South Carolina having the ball at any point in the 3rd quarter than anything. His defense really didn't seem to have an answer for the Gamecocks attack, and was sucking wind at halftime.

9/29/2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry, Homey, Auburn needs to lose. Don't need another year where Aub. squawks about not being in the title game, which will be between suc and tOSU(go Bucks?).

dolemitesooner
9/29/2006, 02:45 PM
No Dilbert, she was flying home to Tulsa last night to see her mama and daddy. Keep it up and I may have to hurt you next time I see you.:hot:
I love you homie:D

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 04:25 PM
Sorry, Homey, Auburn needs to lose. Don't need another year where Aub. squawks about not being in the title game, which will be between suc and tOSU(go Bucks?).

I agree. I hope Michigan beats tOSU b/c there will be much wailing and gnashing of teef in the SEC if AU goes undefeated and wins their conference in a flippin' championship game only to get locked-out this year in favor of usucc...especially b/c AU plays no D-1AA patsy's like in 2004.

Don't get me wrong. OU deserved that shot at immortality b/c we earned it and that year, AU's SOS was not even on the same planet with OU and usucc.

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 04:26 PM
I love you homie:D

apology accepted...but you must respect the daughter.;)

Okla-homey
9/29/2006, 04:28 PM
That third quarter domination was very impressive.

I don't recall ever seeing an entire quarter in which the other team didn't get a single snap.

dolemitesooner
9/29/2006, 06:27 PM
apology accepted...but you must respect the daughter.;)cool cool:D

SelmaBamaFan
9/29/2006, 07:38 PM

I got the play on words there even though Homey didnt :D