PDA

View Full Version : So my wife brings home Rudy's tonight

Cam
9/27/2006, 08:31 PM
Here's the conversation near the end of dinner.

Daughter: Mommy, can I have my pudding now?
Wife (Looks at her plate): If you don't eat your :meat:, you can't have any pudding.
Me: How can you have any pudidng if you don't eat your :meat:?

At that point I started singing the rest of the song. My wife and daughter are both looking at me like WTF? My wife had no clue she quoted actual lyrics from Pink Floyd.

I almost cried I was laughing so hard.

Rogue
9/27/2006, 08:33 PM
It sucks when people don't get our movie/music references.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 08:35 PM
all in all it's just another brick in the wall.

Cam
9/27/2006, 08:48 PM
At first I thought it was pure genius and she was taking advantage of a golden opportunity. Sadly, I was mistaken. :(

Viking Kitten
9/27/2006, 09:49 PM
Dang. Your wife seemed so cool when I met her. I mean... come on man. It's Floyd.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2006, 10:44 PM
Here's the conversation near the end of dinner.

Daughter: Mommy, can I have my pudding now?
Wife (Looks at her plate): If you don't eat your :meat:, you can't have any pudding.
Me: How can you have any pudidng if you don't eat your :meat:?

At that point I started singing the rest of the song. My wife and daughter are both looking at me like WTF? My wife had no clue she quoted actual lyrics from Pink Floyd.

I almost cried I was laughing so hard.

Awesome. I probably would have done the exact same thing.

Paperclip
9/27/2006, 10:52 PM
This happens to me a lot. My wife typically says, "I'm sure that's a movie line or something and I'm sure it's hilarious, but I don't get it."

OKC-SLC
9/27/2006, 11:17 PM
at least she doesn't thrash you within inches of your life.

Paperclip
9/27/2006, 11:21 PM
at least she doesn't thrash you within inches of your life.

Well, she's not fat or psychotic either.

Sooner98
9/28/2006, 12:01 AM
Did you say it in kind of a loud, screechy, British accent voice, over and over?

silverwheels
9/28/2006, 01:08 AM
:D

That's awesome. Sometimes I think it's better when people don't get it, because then you get to laugh at their ignorance in addition to your own hilarity.

SoonerJack
9/28/2006, 08:25 AM
Hilarious!

crawfish
9/28/2006, 08:25 AM
This happens to me a lot. My wife typically says, "I'm sure that's a movie line or something and I'm sure it's hilarious, but I don't get it."

It's good to know I'm not alone. :)

Fortunately, I'm starting to get my 14-year-old into some of this stuff...in another five years or so he'll get ALL my pop references.

And still roll his eyes. :rolleyes:

Fugue
9/28/2006, 08:40 AM
did the same thing with meat and ice cream the other day. flew right over the wife and kids heads.
snotty kid --> "Why did you just repeat that all switched around?"
annoyed fugue --> "cause I'm funny dagnabbit"

GrapevineSooner
9/28/2006, 09:45 AM
Wrong!!!

Do it again!

BeetDigger
9/28/2006, 09:57 AM
Nobody asks for more beans at our house anymore. They know that I am going to scrunch up my nose, wave my hand in front of my nose, say "gall darn" followed by "I think you've had enough".

Boarder
9/28/2006, 11:46 AM
A friend of mine got married a few years ago. They didn't tell anyone where the honeymoon was until the night of the wedding. When I asked him where they were going he said, "Aspen"

I said, "Mmmm, California...Beautiful!"

He said, "Uh, no, it's in Colorado."

I was so hurt.

yermom
9/28/2006, 01:13 PM

replace wife with girlfriend and this is a common occurance in the Yermom household

yermom
9/28/2006, 01:15 PM
A friend of mine got married a few years ago. They didn't tell anyone where the honeymoon was until the night of the wedding. When I asked him where they were going he said, "Aspen"

I said, "Mmmm, California...Beautiful!"

He said, "Uh, no, it's in Colorado."

I was so hurt.

I'll tell you where. Some place warm. Where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin about a little place called "Aspen".

Osce0la
9/28/2006, 01:32 PM
My wife and I were riding in the car the other day and she says "Can we listen to the radio...or anything that ISN'T Pink Floyd?". It hurt...

colleyvillesooner
9/28/2006, 01:54 PM
I'll tell you where. Some place warm. Where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin about a little place called "Aspen".

I don't know, Lloyd, the French are *******s.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/28/2006, 01:58 PM
Tell Mary Samsonite I said 'hi'!

Cam
9/28/2006, 07:57 PM
Dang. Your wife seemed so cool when I met her. I mean... come on man. It's Floyd.
That's the thing, she is pretty cool. I guess I just need to play more Pink Floyd. :D

Did you say it in kind of a loud, screechy, British accent voice, over and over?
It wouldn't have been right if I didn't. That was the main reason for the WTF looks.

Paperclip
9/28/2006, 08:39 PM
replace wife with girlfriend and this is a common occurance in the Yermom household

Really? I would have thought Doleo was more hip than that.

:D

StoopTroup
9/28/2006, 09:04 PM
I've watched The Wall quite a few times...

Who is Rudy?