PDA

View Full Version : The Official Lost - Season 3 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

OU4LIFE
5/10/2007, 07:56 AM
man, that was a good show. You should rent the DVD's. good stuff.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 07:57 AM
ok i'm lost.......who/what is the uncle rico reference? is that from another show?

i cant help but think that the name Jacob is synonomous with something else, perhaps a biblical reference or something

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 07:59 AM
He was also Broots in the old Alias series with Jennifer Garner.
and was 'Lazlo' in Real Genius.

crawfish
5/10/2007, 08:09 AM
ok i'm lost.......who/what is the uncle rico reference? is that from another show?

i cant help but think that the name Jacob is synonomous with something else, perhaps a biblical reference or something

That would be...Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle Rico.

Jacob = son of Isaac son of Abraham, father of the namesakes of the 12 tribes of Israel. He was a bit of a trickster, conning his brother Esau to give up his firstborn inheritance, and his father into blessing him instead of Esau. He was later conned by his father-in-law Laban into marrying the wrong sister, and having to work seven more years to marry the sister he wanted (Rachel).

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 08:10 AM
is the little girl that was friends with boyhood the same woman that Sun shot on the sailboat?

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 08:11 AM

[slaps forehead]oh yeah, him[/slaps forehead]

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 08:12 AM
is the little girl that was friends with boyhood the same woman that Sun shot on the sailboat?
i am going to guess and say no.

all of 'Dharma' (with the excpetion of Patchy and Kelvin in the hatch) were killed in the purge. or that is what we are led to believe

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 08:13 AM
well that was my first guess that she was killed, but they sure went to lengths to establish some importance of her to ben......

although he was admiring that doll in the tent in the opening scene, so maybe that was a "moment" he had remembering her....

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 08:13 AM

when he and Ben were in the VW (just before Ben pulled the gas attack)

i kept waiting for him to say 'i bet i can throw a football over those mountains'

may have been the 'line' of the series

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 08:20 AM
and the 'Whispers' are back in full force. (key that whispers is plural)

and somehow I think they are connected to Jacob very closely.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 08:24 AM
Jacob = son of Isaac son of Abraham, father of the namesakes of the 12 tribes of Israel. He was a bit of a trickster, conning his brother Esau to give up his firstborn inheritance, and his father into blessing him instead of Esau. He was later conned by his father-in-law Laban into marrying the wrong sister, and having to work seven more years to marry the sister he wanted (Rachel).

Didnt Rachel die giving birth to Benjamin (in the bible)?

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 08:29 AM
Didnt Rachel die giving birth to Benjamin (in the bible)?

yes,

but i have said all along, that the 'biblical coincidences' are just deflections the producers are trying to confuse people with. almost a ruse so to speak.

SoonerJack
5/10/2007, 08:30 AM
They definitely got our attention with this episode. My wife swears that if Locke is really dead, there are some writers at ABC that better watch their back.

Personally, there's just too much character killin' in this show. Of course, given the regenerative properties of the island, they may not be gone forever.

Characters I miss and reason for missing them:

Mister Echo - cool voice and his awesome stick
Anna Lucia - smokin-ness and good with weapons
Libby - anyone that loves Hurley for who he is is fine with me
The Blond Sister - forget her name, can't forget her bikini

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2007, 09:05 AM
They definitely got our attention with this episode. My wife swears that if Locke is really dead, there are some writers at ABC that better watch their back.

Personally, there's just too much character killin' in this show. Of course, given the regenerative properties of the island, they may not be gone forever.

Characters I miss and reason for missing them:

Mister Echo - cool voice and his awesome stick
Anna Lucia - smokin-ness if you like chicks that look like dudes and good with weapons
Libby - anyone that loves Hurley for who he is is fine with me
The Blond Sister - forget her name, can't forget her bikini

Fixed.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 09:21 AM
the musers are talking about lost..........a couple of jacob references earlier in the season

in one show much earlier in the season, Tom with the others says "jack isnt even on Jacobs list"

and then when Rousseau's daughter's boyfriend is found in that clockwork orange room, one of the things flashed on the screen says "god loves you as he loves jacob"

and wasnt juliette's sister's name rachel?

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2007, 09:31 AM
yep she was

OUinFLA
5/10/2007, 09:35 AM
well that was my first guess that she was killed, but they sure went to lengths to establish some importance of her to ben......

although he was admiring that doll in the tent in the opening scene, so maybe that was a "moment" he had remembering her....

Wasn't this day Ben's birthday?
And the doll was a birthday present when he was a kid.
Perhaps that was why he was having a "moment"?

Im having a hard time believing that Ben would have been agreeable to gassing his "girlfriend". She was the only one that seemed to care for him when he arrived at the island.

So, according to Dharma's island introduction, "the island has strange properties and we are here to study them"

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 09:39 AM
Wasn't this day Ben's birthday?
And the doll was a birthday present when he was a kid.
Perhaps that was why he was having a "moment"?

Im having a hard time believing that Ben would have been agreeable to gassing his "girlfriend". She was the only one that seemed to care for him when he arrived at the island.

So, according to Dharma's island introduction, "the island has strange properties and we are here to study them"

are we even sure that the 'girlfriend' was even alive or on the island when the purge occurred? quite a bit of time had passed.

skycat
5/10/2007, 09:52 AM
are we even sure that the 'girlfriend' was even alive or on the island when the purge occurred? quite a bit of time had passed.

No we're not. I think it was telling that they didn't show her dead body following the gassing. If she had been there, Ben surely would have, at the very least, gone to the body.

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 11:03 AM
BTW
the Losties/Others 'murder head count' just took a huge jump to the other's side after the revelations last night.

so much for being the good guys.

SoonerAtKU
5/10/2007, 11:11 AM
It looks as if the Losties are gearing up to try to even the kill count in the next episode or two. It feels like Jack and Juliet found Rousseau to help them booby-trap the tents Juliet was supposed to mark. That's what her dynamite is for.

yermom
5/10/2007, 11:15 AM
[slaps forehead]oh yeah, him[/slaps forehead]

you guys have avatars turned off or what? :D

yermom
5/10/2007, 11:16 AM

i'm thinking that she had somehow been killed and that kinda pushed him to where he would let all of them die

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 11:31 AM
It looks as if the Losties are gearing up to try to even the kill count in the next episode or two. It feels like Jack and Juliet found Rousseau to help them booby-trap the tents Juliet was supposed to mark. That's what her dynamite is for.

i like it, good call

SoonerObsession
5/10/2007, 02:11 PM
This show is so freakin sweet! I don't know if I can follow it till 2010 though.

Blue
5/10/2007, 03:10 PM
Could little girl w/ ben = rousseau. her first name by chance?

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2007, 03:13 PM

oh crap, good question........thats a real possiblity, since she's the mother of Ben's daughter - or as we're led to believe

yermom
5/10/2007, 03:13 PM
i guess it's possible... i am trying to remember what she told Sayid when she caught him back in the day though

crawfish
5/10/2007, 03:14 PM

Rosseau's first name is Danielle.

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 03:17 PM
Rosseau's first name is Danielle.
and that little girl no speakasee w/ a french accent.

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2007, 03:28 PM
It'd be more plausible that it was Juilette than Rousseau, although I don't think she's either.

springs sooner
5/10/2007, 03:30 PM
she will pop up sooner or later, the writers dont give her that much face time and not have a future roll.

Sooner98
5/10/2007, 06:48 PM
I thought the girl said her name was Annie. Does anyone remember the woman's name that Sun shot in the boat?

I thought it was strange, too, that when the gassing happened, they made it a point to show Ben's sympathy toward the man that welcomed young Ben to the island when he first got there (by having Ben shut that guy's eyes), but there was no sign of Annie among the dead. This could be a loose end that gets tied up in a future episode/flashback.

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 06:51 PM
I thought the girl said her name was Annie. Does anyone remember the woman's name that Sun shot in the boat?

her name was Colleen (wife of danny pickett)

Cam
5/10/2007, 07:30 PM
I'm waiting for Locke to pop out of the hole and say "It's just a flesh wound".

Shaz-Bot
5/10/2007, 07:33 PM

Locke and Ben fighting:

http://www.iksv.org/film/i/2006/f/150/monty%20python%20and%20the%20holy%20grail.jpg

OKLA21FAN
5/10/2007, 07:35 PM
or

'i just got the wind knock out of me'
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/fullmonty/35/spr10.jpg

Taxman71
5/11/2007, 09:11 AM
If Ben would kill his own dad, I would think a girlfriend also be expendable. Plus, Ben is likely psychotic in a Rev. Jim Jones way.

The shock on the Others when they found out Ben was taking Locke to see Jacob and the girl giving a gun to Locke....does Ben kill everyone he takes to see Jacob? Is it his birthday tradition to sacrifice someone for Jacob? (see biblical reference).

OKLA21FAN
5/11/2007, 09:36 AM
worthless observation of the week:

i couldn't figure out where we had seen 'Horace' before
http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season3/3x20-curtain/1/curtain-cap084.jpg

the Green Mile 'wimp' guard
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1221394/article_images/thevillainouspercywetmore.jpg

skycat
5/11/2007, 09:48 AM
If Ben would kill his own dad, I would think a girlfriend also be expendable.

I don't agree. By keeping the dolls that she gave him, it's obvious that Ben had genuine affection for Annie. He also obviously hated his dad.

Sooner Mommy
5/13/2007, 09:43 PM
Did anyone else notice the bullet hole in the skull of the deceased Dharma worker in the scene where Ben shot locke? The camera pans up the torso and then we catch a glimpse of the skull. I wonder what the story is behind that? I didn't catch the name on the coveralls.

Great episode! I don't know if I can handle such a long break between seasons! I guess that's what the DVD's are for.

Rhino
5/13/2007, 10:49 PM
all of 'Dharma' (with the excpetion of Patchy and Kelvin in the hatch) were killed in the purge. or that is what we are led to believe I don't think they all were.

Ben said, "I was one of the people that were smart enough to make sure that I didn't end up in that ditch." Which leaves open the door that others were involved in the purging.

yermom
5/13/2007, 11:29 PM
worthless observation of the week:

i couldn't figure out where we had seen 'Horace' before
http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season3/3x20-curtain/1/curtain-cap084.jpg

the Green Mile 'wimp' guard
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1221394/article_images/thevillainouspercywetmore.jpg

that was bothering me the whole show, i was thinking Shawshank or something

Mjcpr
5/15/2007, 07:42 AM
There sure are a lot of folks involved in this show with a dead father, either by their own hand or someone elses.

Ben, Jack, Locke, Freckles, Sawyer.....who else?

When young Ben came to the perimiter where the "fence" is and saw his mom, it sure seemed to make sense that those outside of the fence are dead....like the Losties. But that's too easy and has been shot down numerous times so who knows?

Sooner_Bob
5/15/2007, 10:15 AM
So how the heck did Locke's daddy show up?

And what the heck was up with Jacob?

crawfish
5/15/2007, 10:38 AM
Word is that at least two main characters will die in the next few weeks.

Maybe Charlie's finally gonna kick the bucket.

OKLA21FAN
5/15/2007, 10:40 AM
Word is that at least two main characters will die in the next few weeks.

Maybe Charlie's finally gonna kick the bucket.
i think Charlie is too obvious

Locke is finished (just hopin)

and i am thinking title 9 will demand a female death.

yermom
5/15/2007, 11:32 AM
i think we have lost enough hotties

OUDoc
5/15/2007, 11:37 AM
i think we have lost enough hotties
And losing Charlie would be your last straw? ;)

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2007, 11:38 AM
i'm kinda thinking desmond and juliette may buy the farm

OKLA21FAN
5/15/2007, 11:39 AM
btw,
they are all already dead

:pop:

dolemitesooner
5/15/2007, 11:47 AM
i think Charlie is too obvious

Locke is finished (just hopin)

and i am thinking title 9 will demand a female death.
If he dies I am going to punch you in your teeth

crawfish
5/15/2007, 11:59 AM
i'm kinda thinking desmond and juliette may buy the farm

I'm thinking Ben.

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2007, 12:02 PM
ben is a good choice, but i'd bet money that his death would come at the hands of his own...

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2007, 12:04 PM
charlie...they usually don't do what they say they are going to do, but I bet he bites it just to throw us off.

Widescreen
5/15/2007, 12:07 PM
I read this morning in TV Guide that the next season of Lost doesn't begin until Feb. 2008 and will only have 16 episodes. Just when I thought the producers might actually have a clue...

Sooner98
5/15/2007, 12:16 PM
The more I think about it, I'm liking the prediction that was made earlier (I think by Crawfish) about how Locke is healed, kills Ben, and becomes the leader of the others. It just seems like the others are always in awe of Locke whenever he is around, like when he was beating the crap out of Patchy, they just stood there and watched, even though Ben wanted him to stop.

Mjcpr
5/15/2007, 12:18 PM
There sure are a lot of folks involved in this show with a dead father, either by their own hand or someone elses.

Ben, Jack, Locke, Freckles, Sawyer.....who else?

That's a good observation, Pat.

Sooner98
5/15/2007, 12:18 PM
I read this morning in TV Guide that the next season of Lost doesn't begin until Feb. 2008 and will only have 16 episodes. Just when I thought the producers might actually have a clue...

Yep, they decided on 48 more episodes to wrap up the series. They were going to do two more seasons of 24 episodes, but then decided to break it up into three seasons of 16 each. I don't get it, either.

Widescreen
5/15/2007, 12:42 PM
That's a good observation, Pat.
Don't compliment that ******.

;)

Sooner_Bob
5/16/2007, 10:10 PM
Am I the only one who's wondering why they don't just cut the dang cable that runs to the looking glass?

jk the sooner fan
5/16/2007, 10:11 PM
i dont think they have the right kind of scissors

that was totally a set up show for the season finale, the previews look really good

OUinFLA
5/16/2007, 10:17 PM
previews always look good,
they're like puppies.

crawfish
5/16/2007, 10:28 PM

Do you actually READ this thread? :rolleyes:

crawfish
5/16/2007, 10:31 PM
i dont think they have the right kind of scissors

that was totally a set up show for the season finale, the previews look really good

Desmond swims down to the station, shown holding a gun.

Somebody with a gun looks like they're drowning.

Lots of others fly around in the explosion!

Shooters captured by others.

I predict: Ben gets shot by Locke. Locke takes leadership of the others. Lets the losties go, but...thwarts their efforts to get off the island.

I know, I know...I just assured it won't happen now. :D

OUinFLA
5/16/2007, 10:37 PM
Desmond swims down to the station, shown holding a gun.

Somebody with a gun looks like they're drowning.

Lots of others fly around in the explosion!

Shooters captured by others.

I predict: Ben gets shot by Locke. Locke takes leadership of the others. Lets the losties go, but...thwarts their efforts to get off the island.

I know, I know...I just assured it won't happen now. :D

So................I can safely miss next week's show?

Sooner98
5/16/2007, 11:42 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed, but the lady that Charlie saved in the alley is Sayid's old girlfriend, Nadia:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1320997/

Widescreen
5/17/2007, 12:53 AM
Do you actually READ this thread? :rolleyes:
Just your posts.

whatsername
5/17/2007, 06:30 AM
Don't know if anyone noticed, but the lady that Charlie saved in the alley is Sayid's old girlfriend, Nadia:

Good catch. I didn't know who she was, but I just knew she had to be someone, knowing the show like I do.

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 07:07 AM

I caught that at the time, and told my wife. She was like 'so?'. I also thought the robber was Charlie's brother, that's why he didn't fight.

heh

well, they get two hours next week to fill it all in. there's supposed to be a Jack-Locke confrontation, and who knows what else. I'm hoping it's intense.

achiro
5/17/2007, 07:42 AM
When Charlie was playing the guitar on the street just before the rain, the helicopter crash chick was standing there watching him.

Mjcpr
5/17/2007, 08:32 AM
We had seen that flashback before with Charlie playing the guitar in the rain. I don't remember when, but I was expecting to see somebody there (I was expecting Desmond for some reason) from the show, but I didn't (not counting helicopter ho).

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 08:35 AM
and now we have another station for Locke to blowup!

(provided he survives)

yermom
5/17/2007, 08:48 AM
We had seen that flashback before with Charlie playing the guitar in the rain. I don't remember when, but I was expecting to see somebody there (I was expecting Desmond for some reason) from the show, but I didn't (not counting helicopter ho).

Desmond did see him before it started raining after leaving the jewelry store, i think

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 08:55 AM
Am I the only one who's wondering why they don't just cut the dang cable that runs to the looking glass?

No, but I think I'm the only one wondering why an underwater complex that is obviously on pillars, needs an anchor cable....it's not like it's going to float away.

OUinFLA
5/17/2007, 08:55 AM
I had a thought last night.
Could Claire have been one of the two chicks sleeping with Charley in the hotel room when his bro came in and gave him the ring?
Leading to...........Claire's baby is Charlie's?

Im just perverted that way.

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 08:56 AM
Desmond did see him before it started raining after leaving the jewelry store, i think

pretty sure that was a different time. Charlie was wearing a diff. shirt in Desmonds flashback. So I'm thinking Charlie got rained on more than once while street performing.

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 08:58 AM
When Charlie was playing the guitar on the street just before the rain, the helicopter crash chick was standing there watching him.

I'm almost 100% positive this is incorrect.

achiro
5/17/2007, 09:23 AM
I'm almost 100% positive this is incorrect.
The chick in the hat sure did look like her to me. I didn't pause it or anything so you might be right. Don't get a big head though cause I am still smarter than you.:D

Mjcpr
5/17/2007, 09:24 AM
Don't get a big head though cause I am still smarter than you.:D

His bulbous melon is the result of genetics, nothing else.

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 09:31 AM
question:

if the purpose of shutting down the looking glass station was because of the signal jamming. I'm thinking the first step (and easier one) would have been to cut that cable. (assuming it was a power cable)

the losties have enough dynamite and if they could blow up a tree to smithereens, that cable should be no problem.

Fugue
5/17/2007, 09:33 AM
Ima dumass

crawfish
5/17/2007, 09:51 AM
question:

if the purpose of shutting down the looking glass station was because of the signal jamming. I'm thinking the first step (and easier one) would have been to cut that cable. (assuming it was a power cable)

the losties have enough dynamite and if they could blow up a tree to smithereens, that cable should be no problem.

Sayid said, from the schematic, that it was an anchor cable. Wouldn't have done any immediate good to cut it.

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 09:56 AM
Sayid said, from the schematic, that it was an anchor cable. Wouldn't have done any immediate good to cut it.

screw me then

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 10:07 AM
His bulbous melon is the result of genetics, nothing else.

it's my ego. not genetics. Get it straight

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 10:08 AM

and I still say that an anchor cable makes NO sense. It's not like it's floating out there. It's on pillars. DAMMIT.

crawfish
5/17/2007, 10:13 AM
it's my ego. not genetics. Get it straight

I think it's a tumor.

OU4LIFE
5/17/2007, 10:15 AM
tooomah!

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2007, 10:16 AM
and I still say that an anchor cable makes NO sense. It's not like it's floating out there. It's on pillars. DAMMIT.

right, because so much else about this show makes sense

yermom
5/17/2007, 10:21 AM

it achors the island, duh

crawfish
5/17/2007, 10:27 AM

I'm sure if I was in that thing I wouldn't mind some redundant protection from being swept out to sea.

skycat
5/17/2007, 10:38 AM
I'm sure if I was in that thing I wouldn't mind some redundant protection from being swept out to sea.

Because a 2 or 3 inch diameter cable provides adequate protection against a storm that can shear that station off multiple large reinforced concrete pillars.:cool:

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 10:43 AM
question here:

isn't this the same cable that Syrid followed the first time and found Danielle's hide out?

it was considered a 'power cable' then wasn't it?

crawfish
5/17/2007, 10:49 AM
Because a 2 or 3 inch diameter cable provides adequate protection against a storm that can shear that station off multiple large reinforced concrete pillars.:cool:

It could also keep some pressure off the pillars before they break.

IT COULD!!!

skycat
5/17/2007, 10:57 AM
It could also keep some pressure off the pillars before they break.

IT COULD!!!

It was obviously not under tension when Charlie went swimming down to the station last night. Or when they have picked it up freely numerous times on the beach.

So...

IT COULDN'T!!!

:D

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2007, 10:58 AM
an anchor cable wouldnt be coated....its a comm cable of some sort

skycat
5/17/2007, 11:02 AM
I was glad to see Bernard and Rose last night. I really like their characters and wish they were utilized more. Particularly Rose. I see her as the surrogate mother for the Losties.

crawfish
5/17/2007, 11:19 AM
an anchor cable wouldnt be coated....its a comm cable of some sort

ANCHOR CABLE!!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/728/anchoraw9.jpg

You wouldn't keep the cable taut. That would put pressure on the connections. You leave it loose, and during periods of extreme duress (strong currents, etc) it tightens and provides extra support.

It's not there to hold the station in place. It's there for emergencies.

skycat
5/17/2007, 11:23 AM
ANCHOR CABLE!!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/728/anchoraw9.jpg

You wouldn't keep the cable taut. That would put pressure on the connections. You leave it loose, and during periods of extreme duress (strong currents, etc) it tightens and provides extra support.

It's not there to hold the station in place. It's there for emergencies.

Ummm.... Sorry, but with the amount of slack in that cable, it wouldn't get under tension unless the station had moved several feet. Meaning the structural supports would have to have failed completely.

It's not a bad idea to have a redundant safety cable or cables in case the support structures failed I guess, but that one relatively small (and obviously light) cable ain't close to doing the job.

skycat
5/17/2007, 11:26 AM
If you keep going with this, you're going to force me to start drawing free-body diagrams. :mad:

Rhino
5/17/2007, 11:27 AM
Um...the island has a monster(s) on it.

The cable can be as small as it wants and anchor the rest of the world.

skycat
5/17/2007, 11:29 AM
Are you trying to tell me that a smoke monster can carry enough load in tension to hold that station in place?

crawfish
5/17/2007, 11:44 AM
Ummm.... Sorry, but with the amount of slack in that cable, it wouldn't get under tension unless the station had moved several feet. Meaning the structural supports would have to have failed completely.

It's not a bad idea to have a redundant safety cable or cables in case the support structures failed I guess, but that one relatively small (and obviously light) cable ain't close to doing the job.

We need a real engineer to chime in on this. :)

skycat
5/17/2007, 11:47 AM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OUinFLA
5/17/2007, 12:37 PM

I think the cable is there so the island people can find their way to the submerged station. (and vice-versa, so the station hotties can find their way to the island for their scheduled servicing).

Im not a real engineer, but I do have several HO guage locomotives I used to play with a lot.

I consider that a much better engineer qualification than booking a room at a Holiday Inn Express for the night.

crawfish
5/17/2007, 12:39 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, as a software engineer, I'd DEFINITELY put an anchor cable there. ;)

TexasSooner01
5/17/2007, 01:02 PM
My predictions

Naomi is with DHARMA and the ship the losties think could rescue them is also DHARMA people. Dharma lost contact w/the island after Locke blew up the Flame so Dharma came to investigate.

Locke will live and will challenge Ben for leadership of the others. The group that splits into 2 fractions will be the others. Some going with Ben and some (perhaps the island natives) going with Locke. Locke's group will join the losties group to help fight the DHARMA people.

probably wrong but it sounds good anyways....

Rhino
5/17/2007, 01:51 PM
Ever since Naomi landed on the island and Patchy showed up and saved her life and tried to take the phone, I've thought she was an Other.

TexasSooner01
5/17/2007, 02:11 PM
I am thinking that Patchy knew that when the Flame blew up that the DHARMA people would come to the island to investigate. That is why Patchy appeared to be looking for Naomi in the jungle.

I think Ben was also expecting Naomi too b/c he shure looked spooked and eger to find her when Patchy told him that she was on the island. Ben also was expecting DHARMA to investigate.

it seems that Ben and the others have pretended to be DHARMA people and DHARMA had no idea that the purge happened. Since the Flame blew up DHARMA knows something is wrong.

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 02:28 PM
it seems that Ben and the others have pretended to be DHARMA people and DHARMA had no idea that the purge happened. Since the Flame blew up DHARMA knows something is wrong.

good point,

also that explains why the food drops continued. the DHARMA from the 'main land' had no clue about the purge and simply continued the re-supply a status quo.

Whether if it was the Flame station being destroyed or the Swan station being blown up, it triggered to the suppliers that something had gone wrong and are investigating.

yermom
5/17/2007, 02:40 PM
well, Penny seems to know that Desmond is on that island and was looking for magnetic disturbances to find him

skycat
5/17/2007, 02:43 PM
well, Penny seems to know that Desmond is on that island and was looking for magnetic disturbances to find him

Yup.

And wasn't it last season's finale where we found that out? And yet we haven't seen present day Penny at all this season. Doesn't she pretty much have to make some kind of appearance in this season finale?

TexasSooner01
5/17/2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe Penny or Penny's daddy is somehow associated with DHARMA :pop:

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe Penny or Penny's daddy is somehow associated with DHARMA :pop:
yes,

Windmore industries has connections with DHARMA right? (i was thinking they actually built the stations on the island for the HANSO Foundation. but that maybe wrong.)

Blue
5/17/2007, 06:29 PM
How in da blue hell does the looking glass station not flood with a big *** hole in the bottom of it. Did Charlie go through "the lookin glass" into some "other" dimension. Ughhh.

Sooner_Bob
5/17/2007, 08:12 PM
How in da blue hell does the looking glass station not flood with a big *** hole in the bottom of it. Did Charlie go through "the lookin glass" into some "other" dimension. Ughhh.

It's pressurized . . .

Sooner_Bob
5/17/2007, 08:15 PM
No, but I think I'm the only one wondering why an underwater complex that is obviously on pillars, needs an anchor cable....it's not like it's going to float away.

nevermind

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 08:25 PM

ever turned a glass upside down and put it in the water?

Blue
5/17/2007, 08:53 PM
ever turned a glass upside down and put it in the water?

No. Should i be...?

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 08:58 PM
No. Should i be...?
it will help answer your question, and maybe let you see how water pressure works

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 08:59 PM
btw,
LOST producer 'update' show on in 5 minutes (thurs 9 CST)

tulsaoilerfan
5/17/2007, 09:00 PM
I still don't trust Juliet

Blue
5/17/2007, 10:07 PM
it will help answer your question, and maybe let you see how water pressure works

That's nuts. I had no ideer.

OUHOMER
5/17/2007, 10:21 PM
Well, I missed the first 30 mins, but i dont think they really answered a whole lot of questions

yermom
5/17/2007, 10:38 PM
That's nuts. I had no ideer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_bell

this kinda explains it too

OUinFLA
5/17/2007, 10:40 PM
Well, I missed the first 30 mins, but i dont think they really answered a whole lot of questions

if you had watched the first 30 mins, you would feel assured of your supposition.

Sooner98
5/17/2007, 11:23 PM
For an episode titled "The Answers", they sure didn't answer much. Maybe they named it that just to confirm to us that the answers do in fact exist somewhere out there, and they will at some point in the future reveal them. Thanks.

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2007, 06:07 AM
i think that was more of a way to bring new viewers to the show......people that were afraid to start watching because they werent caught up on everything........dont really think that was made for the true Lost fans who've seen every episode, because they left out ALOT of little details that matter

tulsaoilerfan
5/18/2007, 07:52 PM
Well if they gave away the answers, then why would anyone watch the last 3 seasons?

TexasSooner01
5/21/2007, 10:12 AM
Well if they gave away the answers, then why would anyone watch the last 3 seasons?

Because Sawyer is Hawt! :D

Blue
5/23/2007, 10:07 PM
Hmmmmm. What did everyone think about that?

I knew it was a future flashback. A futback if you will.

Now why are they living a lie and who gives out golden tickets besides Willy Wonka. Why weren't they supposed to leave? Why did Locke know that?

This ****es me off.

jk the sooner fan
5/23/2007, 10:09 PM
a flash forward.......the ultimate tease by the producers of the show........now we know that they will indeed get off the island, at least 3 of them......

i wish to hell i knew who's casket that was

Shaz-Bot
5/23/2007, 10:09 PM
How was Jack's father alive in the future flashback?

Alternate Universe??

Sooner98
5/23/2007, 10:10 PM
Who was the person that died? Why do they need to go back?

Yay! More unanswered questions!

:mad:

PAW
5/23/2007, 10:19 PM

That was my question. ??

OUinFLA
5/23/2007, 10:20 PM
I couldn't be much more confused than I am tonight.
I assume I'll make the same statement a few times next year as well.

Blue
5/23/2007, 10:21 PM
Great episode though...

I'm buying the alternate reality scenarios...

OKLA21FAN
5/23/2007, 10:26 PM
Great episode though...

I'm buying the alternate reality scenarios...
its a ruse....book it.... no more 'star-trek 'time line' dealios.....just saying

(just as the 'religious' stuff is)

but it was a great cliffhanger :pop:

yermom
5/23/2007, 10:30 PM

Now why are they living a lie and who gives out golden tickets besides Willy Wonka. Why weren't they supposed to leave? Why did Locke know that?

This ****es me off.

Walt told him

OUinFLA
5/23/2007, 10:31 PM
Interesting analysis by my local ABC "Lost Expert".

She says regarding the "future flashback" :
Most viewers have been thinking that when the losties get off the island the show would be over.

The producers have now tossed us a view of the future.
And in that future, some of the characters (at least 3 got off the island) are still "lost" in their lives, which is afterall, the theme of the show. So, there is now viewer hope that even after getting off the island, there will still be "lost" characters continuing the theme of the show.

She also pointed out that Jack (in the future) is trying to get back to the island, but as has been stated in the show, "once you leave the island, you can't come back".

Oh, well, her thoughts, not mine. Im just "Lost".

usmc-sooner
5/23/2007, 10:36 PM
could the person in the casket be Walt's dad, Sawyer, Ben, Locke? I don't think a lot of people would show up for their funeral.

Blue
5/23/2007, 10:39 PM
They were kindof in the ghetto. I'm thinking Hurley?

Not stereotyping though!:D Just from where he started.

Sooner98
I think Jack's dad is dead. He was probably just lying to the pharmacist, who wouldn't have known that his dad was dead anyway, and the chief surgeon really gave no indication that he believed what Jack was saying. He was probably too drugged up, or still in denial about the whole thing.

The scene where Hurley saves the day with the bus, Sayid goes Jack Bauer and breaks the guy's neck with his legs, and Sawyer executes Zeke, was one of the best scenes in the series' history.

OUinFLA

Alternate Universe??

How about this?

Since the people on the island have shown great resiliency towards death and injuries (cyclops man is the best example), perhaps Jack's dad, who was in a coffin on the Oceanic plane was a beneficiary of the island's healing/resurection power?

But, there do seem to be a bunch of dead bodies that didn't come back. Reference Locke's grave buddies and Ben's dad.

I'm just grasping at straws here.

Blue
5/23/2007, 10:42 PM
Oceanic crashed, hence "we're sorry! Here's a ticket thats good forever." Duh

Scratch that question off.

yermom
5/23/2007, 10:46 PM
could the person in the casket be Walt's dad, Sawyer, Ben, Locke? I don't think a lot of people would show up for their funeral.

Michael is a good guess

"why would i go?"

OUinFLA
So, in the future, Kate is married (?) to someone other than Jack.
Someone who "will get suspicious" if she is gone too long.
Sawyer?

Also, Kate must have met Jack at the same spot at the airport before as Jack said "you know where".

Oh, and she looked especially hawt all cleaned up.

skycat

I'm thinking either Ben or Locke. When Kate says that she "Has to get back to him", I was assuming that the "him" was Sawyer.

One thing I didn't like was everyone's disregard for Naomi after Locke threw a knife into her. I know that they're excited about getting off the island, but still...

Blue
5/23/2007, 10:47 PM
RIP Charlie! WE ARE EVERYBODY!

skycat
5/23/2007, 10:48 PM
And it was weird to see how much older Walt looked. It doesn't really feel like this show has been around all that long to me.

Blue
5/23/2007, 10:49 PM
Well Locke does now OWN the island.

You think the next 3 seasons will be the Losties living "Lost" w/ flashbacks of the island? How are they going to work this out for 3 more years? That was almost like a series ender right there.

OUinFLA
5/23/2007, 10:51 PM
One thing I didn't like was everyone's disregard for Naomi after Locke threw a knife into her. I know that they're excited about getting off the island, but still...

Well, it's not like she's been there long enough to .... you know...make pals, have dinner together, play cards, get drunk, have sex.......... all the usual bonding events.

skycat
5/23/2007, 10:53 PM
Well, it's not like she's been there long enough to .... you know...make pals, have dinner together, play cards, get drunk, have sex.......... all the usual bonding events.

Yeah, I know, but she did bring them (what they and we assume to be) a rescue.

OUinFLA
5/23/2007, 10:53 PM
I think the door(or window in this case) is open for Charley to not be really dead. The viewing hatch looked big enough to swim out of IMO.

And if cyclops man can deal with a spear through his heart, suit up in his diving gear and swim outside to pull the pin on a grenade, then surely Charley can swallow a bit of water and come back to life.

OUinFLA
5/23/2007, 10:56 PM
Anyone else wondering why Penny is on the receiving end of the transmission from the underseas habitat?

And the communications was initiated by her. It said "incoming message". So, Penny and or her dad is tied into the island big time.

yermom
5/23/2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone else wondering why Penny is on the receiving end of the transmission from the underseas habitat?

And the communications was initiated by her. It said "incoming message". So, Penny and or her dad is tied into the island big time.

i think we have known that...

i think her dad got him stuck there and she found out and is looking for him

that scene with Charlie and the marker was really good

RIP Charlie :(

Blue
5/23/2007, 11:04 PM
You know how Desmond keeps reliving things? Are the losties now reliving the days up to their next trip to the island?

Would explain Jack Sr. being alive? Jack said that Doc was new. Has that other doctor been in any flashbacks?

OUinFLA
5/23/2007, 11:16 PM
. Has that other doctor been in any flashbacks?

No, he's the ex-valet current security chief at the Montecito in "Vegas"
He's just a doctor in the slow season.

tulsaoilerfan
5/23/2007, 11:16 PM
Could the whole thing be a product of Jack's imagination? Maybe he went insane at some point

tulsaoilerfan
5/23/2007, 11:17 PM
Who was the person that died? Why do they need to go back?

Yay! More unanswered questions!

:mad:
Juliet? that could explain why Jack took it so hard:pop:

yermom
5/23/2007, 11:25 PM
i could have sworn it was a guy

tulsaoilerfan
5/24/2007, 12:00 AM
i could have sworn it was a guy
I can't remember if there was any mention of what sex the person was; i will have to re-watch the ending tomorrow :confused:

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2007, 07:21 AM

that casket didnt appear to be 'full size'. like it was shorter than an adult sized casket. if that is the case, i am thinking it was Walt.

colleyvillesooner
5/24/2007, 07:44 AM
Awesome episode and great cliff hanger.

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 08:14 AM
I think it was Ben because when the funeral director asked if he was friend or family, Jack said "neither"

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 08:14 AM

Alternate Universe??

I was wondering the same thing.

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 08:16 AM

This ****es me off.

wouldn't it be a "flash forward"?

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2007, 08:20 AM
I think it was Ben because when the funeral director asked if he was friend or family, Jack said "neither"
the obit said that the 'man' was from New York

so i'm thinking that rules out Ben.

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 09:08 AM
The dead person has to be someone that Kate cared less about. Thus, either it was an "Other" (Ben?), a Lostie who turned into a bad Other (Locke?) or someone who we will learn is a bad person over the next 3 seasons (Sawyer?).

The surrounding neighborhood certainly implies it was Michael or Walt, yet I would think both would have visitiors (i.e. Walt's mother). It has to be someone with zero family and friends, other than on the island. Maybe an Other, Locke or Sawyer. Could be the French lady or her daughter (assuming they really pi$$ off Kate in the next 3 seasons). Maybe some child born on the island?

PS - I like Kate better when you can see her freckles.

crawfish
5/24/2007, 09:20 AM
The surrounding neighborhood certainly implies it was Michael or Walt, yet I would think both would have visitiors (i.e. Walt's mother). It has to be someone with zero family and friends, other than on the island. Maybe an Other, Locke or Sawyer. Could be the French lady or her daughter (assuming they really pi$$ off Kate in the next 3 seasons). Maybe some child born on the island?

PS - I like Kate better when you can see her freckles.

Walt's mother is dead.

It could have been Michael. Walt might have wanted nothing to do with him after finding out what he did to get him released. However, I don't think that Jack would have had the emotional response to Michael's death - assuming that he's tortured for thinking he'd made a mistake getting them off the island, and he had nothing to do with Michael's departure.

Oh, and you assume that the flash-forward events are happening AFTER the last season. I wouldn't put it past the writers to start next season with most of the survivors off the island, trying to get back on.

yermom
5/24/2007, 09:21 AM
Walt's mother is dead

Michael killed Libby and Ana Lucia to get off the island, i don't think he's on anyone's friend list right now

Mjcpr
5/24/2007, 09:22 AM
Also, Walt's mother is dead.

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 09:23 AM
Good points. If we follow the path of the writers thus far, the events leading up to the "flash-forward" haven't even been shown yet, including whoever is in the coffin.

yermom
5/24/2007, 09:24 AM
Walt's mother is dead.

It could have been Michael. Walt might have wanted nothing to do with him after finding out what he did to get him released. However, I don't think that Jack would have had the emotional response to Michael's death - assuming that he's tortured for thinking he'd made a mistake getting them off the island, and he had nothing to do with Michael's departure.

Oh, and you assume that the flash-forward events are happening AFTER the last season. I wouldn't put it past the writers to start next season with most of the survivors off the island, trying to get back on.

the emotional response is an interesting point

i think i'll be kinda ****ed if they start next season like that :eek:

OUinFLA
I wouldn't put it past the writers to start next season with most of the survivors off the island, trying to get back on.

well, you just ruined my day.

skycat
Why wouldn't Walt's mother be there if it was Walt's funeral?

Anybody know?

OUinFLA
Also, Walt's mother is dead.

still running a close second I see.

yermom
5/24/2007, 09:25 AM
oh and w00t for Kate's freckles ;)

Mjcpr
5/24/2007, 09:26 AM

She's an enochlophobe which, it turns out, wouldn't have mattered.

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2007, 09:30 AM

Anybody know?

she died in a flashback in season one didnt she? that was the reason Micheal got walt in the first place. 9i think)

oops.....

Pricetag
5/24/2007, 09:31 AM
that scene with Charlie and the marker was really good

RIP Charlie :(
It was touching when Aaron cried after he drowned.

Ike
5/24/2007, 09:42 AM
Walt's mother is dead.

Honestly, I bet they start next season with everyone off the island and "flashbacks" to what happened on the island.

skycat
5/24/2007, 09:49 AM
Honestly, I bet they start next season with everyone off the island and "flashbacks" to what happened on the island.

Yeah, that sounds right.

Tiptonsooner
5/24/2007, 09:50 AM
Maybe the whole thing has been a flashback series and last night was the first bit of the here and now...:rolleyes:

Hot Rod
5/24/2007, 09:53 AM
Did anyone else think we could've used less "upcoming news at 10" news bars across the screen from Channel 5? I swear they tried to fill up the screen a few times with that and the weather warnings, which were understandable for that part of the state.

As for Lost, towards the end, I was starting to agree with the Ben and Locke as to Jack not using the phone. Felt sad for Aaron, losing the only father that truly cared for him and Claire.

crawfish
5/24/2007, 10:14 AM

I bet a few of them - Locke, Rose, Bernard - join the others on the island, considering they don't want to leave. The others become the hunted as the invaders - Dharma? - come back onto the island in full force.

Perhaps what the island is will become more clear as we see what happens to them when they leave it.

Mjcpr
5/24/2007, 10:20 AM
Perhaps what the island is will become more clear as we see what happens to them when they leave it.

Whatever website you got that from is deep, man.

colleyvillesooner
5/24/2007, 10:23 AM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3705/officiallostei4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hatfield
5/24/2007, 10:24 AM
yes, i care not what is going on in lipscomb and slapshot

and as far as jack mentioning his father....could have just been the ramblings of a stoned drunken man....oxy's plus beer seem to not mix well in the realm of rational thought.

dolemitesooner
5/24/2007, 10:28 AM
Why is no one talking about the temple......I am wondering if maybe Ben is protecting something on the island. What if there is some artifact they are there to protect at said Temple.

dolemitesooner
5/24/2007, 10:29 AM
Maybe Ben is a Good guy...and he and locke are right about staying on the island ad jack has realized this finaly after getting off the island.

Pricetag
5/24/2007, 10:52 AM
Did anyone else think we could've used less "upcoming news at 10" news bars across the screen from Channel 5? I swear they tried to fill up the screen a few times with that and the weather warnings, which were understandable for that part of the state.
In Tulsa, we got "Teenage Fight Club" and "Stripping for College Credit" bars across the screen several times.

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 11:36 AM
Have you noticed that nearly everyone on the island doesn't have much to return home for (family, work, etc.)? Maybe the island really is meant to be their paradise? (except for the not having kids part....which makes you understand why Ben wants to resolve this issue ASAP).

Boarder
5/24/2007, 11:50 AM
the body of something ****tham of New York? What's everyone's last name?

Rhino
5/24/2007, 11:57 AM
So, why did Locke get out of the pit, have Walt tell him he has work to do, then doesn't stop anything from happening? What's up with that? And how did he know to go to the radio tower?

Did anyone else think we could've used less "upcoming news at 10" news bars across the screen from Channel 5? I swear they tried to fill up the screen a few times with that and the weather warnings, which were understandable for that part of the state. A few more would have done the trick. Weather map at logo top right, scroll bar top left, logo bottom right, news teaser bottom 1/4 of the screen. There was still some space where we could see their torsos that should have been used.

colleyvillesooner
5/24/2007, 11:59 AM
So, why did Locke get out of the pit, have Walt tell him he has work to do, then doesn't stop anything from happening? What's up with that? And how did he know to go to the radio tower?

My guess is he went to the camp, and the others told him.

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2007, 11:59 AM
the body of something ****tham of New York? What's everyone's last name?

that last name doesn't fit any of the character's names (that we currently know of)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Lost

however, there are a few possibilities of 'men' from NY.

Micheal
Walt
Bernard

soonerbrat
5/24/2007, 12:18 PM
Walt's mother is dead. Just wanted to make sure you all knew that.

colleyvillesooner
5/24/2007, 01:03 PM
Yep, cause when someone is dead on Lost, they are DEAD. ;)

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 01:23 PM
A few more would have done the trick. Weather map at logo top right, scroll bar top left, logo bottom right, news teaser bottom 1/4 of the screen. There was still some space where we could see their torsos that should have been used.

I watched it in HD over the air and don't remember seeing any weather map. I definitely saw it on the DVR version though. Either I just didn't notice it in HD or they only put it on the cable and regular digital signal.

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 01:31 PM
Another point to the mysterious dead guy...whose death would drive Jack to wanting to Peter Pan off a bridge? Up to now, only Kate would have that kind of impact.

Of course, it didn't say how the guy died. Maybe there is a hit-squad taking out the now-home Losties one by one.

crawfish
5/24/2007, 01:47 PM
Another point to the mysterious dead guy...whose death would drive Jack to wanting to Peter Pan off a bridge? Up to now, only Kate would have that kind of impact.

Of course, it didn't say how the guy died. Maybe there is a hit-squad taking out the now-home Losties one by one.

I think it's because he was the leader of the effort to get off the island. He pushed hard and made tough decisions to make it happen. When everybody got back and started struggling with being off the island, he felt incredibly guilty for those decisions and thus his drinking (and suicide) problem.

I imagine he knew all too well the person's struggle with the island's pull and felt responsible for his suicide.

OKLA21FAN
5/24/2007, 02:08 PM

it did hint of suicide or an accident as it said he was 'found in a loft', 'loud noise' and then something about a 'BEAM' can be seen.

we have alot of months to speculate :pop:

SeattleOUstudent
5/24/2007, 04:19 PM
Does it not say "the body of Jo/e____(wrinkled)"
:pop:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3705/officiallostei4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

yermom
5/24/2007, 04:23 PM

i don't think that is what is driving him to jump off the bridge, i think the same thing that makes him want to Peter Pan off the bridge is the same thing that makes him want to get back on the island

OUinFLA
5/24/2007, 04:45 PM
i don't think that is what is driving him to jump off the bridge, i think the same thing that makes him want to Peter Pan off the bridge is the same thing that makes him want to get back on the island

You think he's going to try to fly there !!!!:eek: :eek:

Spray
5/24/2007, 04:49 PM
I need a quick update on this show without reading this cluster of a thread. The last episode I saw was a few after they opened the hatch. Just a quick synopsis of the last season and a half will do.

TIA!

Mjcpr
5/24/2007, 04:52 PM
Can we type that up for you or will an executive summary right here do?

TexasSooner01
5/24/2007, 04:55 PM
I need a quick update on this show without reading this cluster of a thread. The last episode I saw was a few after they opened the hatch. Just a quick synopsis of the last season and a half will do.

TIA!

Geesh...you dont want much do you?

;)

Spray
5/24/2007, 04:57 PM
Heh.

Just highlight all 346 current plot lines and all connections amongst them therein. Also, brief character bios for all major and minor characters, including flight attendants, taxi drivers, nurses, and any other character who may or may not have been in focus during filming. Just have it on my desk, bound, with a clear front cover and blue backing at 7:36:32 AM CST tomorrow.

Oh, and a chili cheese dog from Sonic.

You rock, Pat!

OUinFLA
5/24/2007, 05:01 PM

TIA!

Cliff Notes version update: Most of the original surivors are still on the island, or not. Depending on your time frame.

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2007, 05:07 PM
if dead guy is john locke, then that means they dont get off the island right away

i thought the whole twist was genius because many fans were starting to wonder "are they ever going to get off the island".......well now we know they are

the question is.......how, when, and how many of them

tulsaoilerfan
5/24/2007, 05:12 PM
Very mysterious ending, and it sucks that we have to wait until February for a new episode.

OUinFLA
5/24/2007, 05:14 PM
Very mysterious ending, and it sucks that we have to wait until February for a new episode.

yep, it's a lot like football.

Taxman71
5/24/2007, 09:58 PM
I also thought it was brilliance that the code to the jammer was Good Vibrations....given what happened when the Losties quit punching the code in the computer a while back.

Blue
5/24/2007, 11:09 PM
wouldn't it be a "flash forward"?

No. Futback sounds much better. Say it a few times...Futback, footback, put your futback.

OUHOMER
5/25/2007, 05:13 AM
Seems to me Charlie could have ran out the door and shut it in time before the room filled up. I guess he was just accepting his fate. cyclopes is 1 tough SOB

Norm In Norman
5/25/2007, 05:50 AM
He was afraid that if he lived the rescue wouldn't come so he sacrificed himself so claire and the baby would be saved.

OUinFLA
5/25/2007, 07:26 AM
Desmond will swim around, and cpr Charley back to life.

Otherwise, the band will be without a bass player.

OKLA21FAN
5/25/2007, 07:29 AM
need AUDIO confirmation:

re watched the finale last night and the scene where Kate is taking a rock out of her boot and Jack is hiking up to her, you hear the heavy breathing of the characters.

mixed in that sound, you can hear at least two times the name 'MICHEAL' (sounded alot like Libby whispering or gasping it)

if i heard this correctly, the only significance i can see is that this might be another clue to the 'who is in the gasket' mystery.

(along with the clues from the funeral home, the location and such)

Can anyone else listen /watch this scene and confirm what I think I heard?

crawfish
5/25/2007, 07:55 AM
I played it backwards, it said "Paul is dead"...

OKLA21FAN
5/25/2007, 08:06 AM
I played it backwards, it said "Paul is dead"...

good one...;)

there is also an audio dealio when Jack is thinking about Peter Paning off the bridge. the audio doesn't sinc up with the video, and I really can't understand what he is saying.

OU4LIFE
5/25/2007, 09:05 AM
"Hoffs Drawlar" - the name of the funeral parlor is an anagram for Flash Forward...

the first name of the person in the casket definitely starts with 'Jo' and ends in 'antham' But, since several of the losties were sort of on the run, this could have been a fake identity of any one of them. Sawyer killed a man in Australia...and could have changed his name. But that still doesn't explain why Jack wouldn't consider him a 'friend or family'.

good ep. can't wait for more.

OUinFLA
5/25/2007, 10:38 AM
I'd think Kate would have gone to Sawyer's funeral.
I know Id go to the funeral of all the wimmin Ive had sex with.

(Both of them. )

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2007, 10:40 AM
when Kate said "he'll know i'm gone", or whatever it was she said......it was said in a way that Jack knew who "he" was

the more i think about the episode, the more questions i have.....i'm going to watch it again tonite

OU4LIFE
5/25/2007, 10:42 AM
this seems like as good a place as any to throw out a 'GET A LIFE'.

;)

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2007, 10:44 AM
you first!

ok why would Jack say they need to go back? that means there's some unfinished business, or some were left behind when they shouldnt have been

OU4LIFE
5/25/2007, 10:48 AM
Dude, tonight I am packing for Eureka Springs for 4 days, not REwatching an old tv program.

so there.

I think Jack just thinks he needs to go back because his life back on the mainland is so effed up. At least on the island he was sort of a leader.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2007, 10:56 AM
need AUDIO confirmation:

re watched the finale last night and the scene where Kate is taking a rock out of her boot and Jack is hiking up to her, you hear the heavy breathing of the characters.

mixed in that sound, you can hear at least two times the name 'MICHEAL' (sounded alot like Libby whispering or gasping it)

if i heard this correctly, the only significance i can see is that this might be another clue to the 'who is in the gasket' mystery.

(along with the clues from the funeral home, the location and such)

Can anyone else listen /watch this scene and confirm what I think I heard?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5849/thatsracistdk6.gif

usmc-sooner
5/25/2007, 10:56 AM
Jack wants a threesome with Juliet and Kate

I'd go for a foursome with Kate, Juliet, the Oriental girl, and the chick with the baby.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2007, 10:58 AM
Jack wants a threesome with Juliet and Kate

I'd go for a foursome with Kate, Juliet, the Oriental girl, and the chick with the baby.

You need help with math.

usmc-sooner
5/25/2007, 10:59 AM
You need help with math.

ok a fivesome

OUinFLA
5/25/2007, 11:01 AM
three , four , five.........doesnt matter, it's all fantasy.

well, until you get to 72, then it's fananticism

usmc-sooner
5/25/2007, 11:01 AM
hell throw in Sawyer and make it a half dozen, he's a good looking guy.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2007, 11:02 AM
heh

crawfish
5/25/2007, 11:05 AM
You need help with math.

You assume he wants to be directly involved. ;)

crawfish
5/25/2007, 02:23 PM
This is a great list:

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Blogs/News/Suck_My_Blog/Top_10_Moments_of_the_Lost_Season_Finale/

Heh. I forgot to mention Hurley's driving. That moment had me standing up and cheering. :D

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2007, 02:32 PM
One of the guys on the local radio station wanted to know why Michael Finley showed up on the island. :D
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/blogmedia/suckmyblog/lost/walt.jpg

yermom
5/25/2007, 02:34 PM
yeah, he was growing too much, that was why they had to get him off the show in the first place

in theory that could be future Walt...

Mjcpr
5/25/2007, 02:35 PM
yeah, he was growing too much, that was why they had to get him off the show in the first place

in theory that could be future Walt...

I thought it was so his dad could get some Carmex.

yermom
5/25/2007, 02:52 PM
his dad is Ashy Larry?

SeattleOUstudent
5/25/2007, 04:32 PM
Refresh my memory...when Dezi said "ive got to get my honor back"...what was he referring to?

Could he have been referring to the island? Thats how Penny knows the general area where he probably is, thus why she is on the transmission end or the bubble place?

If he leads Penny to the island he gets his honor back...kinda like Jack wants to get back to the island. My line of thinking is that maybe he struck a deal to get off the island with Kate and someone else and feels so ripped up about it that he wants to get back?

Grasping at straws.

Taxman71
5/25/2007, 04:36 PM
I thought it was so his dad could get some Carmex.

Actually, I was just glad his dad didn't have an Oz confrontation with Eko/Adibisi.

Blue
5/25/2007, 04:41 PM
I'm just sitting in the glow of what was probably the best episode of tv I've ever seen. Can't wait for the next 3 seasons. I don't think the writers are going to let us down. They TOTALLY REDEEMED themselves on the last 6 or so episodes. Of course it's always been decent.

OUHOMER
5/25/2007, 04:53 PM
OK , with the flash to the future deal, Why is Kate not in jail. I don't think they forgive murder just because you were lost on a island.

yermom
5/25/2007, 05:35 PM
i would imagine that if someone can find all that info about them, they can forge some documents or remove some data somewhere

crawfish
5/25/2007, 05:48 PM
One thing claimed on another website (pat)...the newspaper was a 2010 edition. The apartments that the article stated whoever killed themselves at are currently not slated to be open for a few years.

We might be underestimating how far ahead the flash forward actually is...

OKLA21FAN
5/25/2007, 05:50 PM
OK , with the flash to the future deal, Why is Kate not in jail. I don't think they forgive murder just because you were lost on a island.

Kate 'looked' a bit different, no freckles, maybe some plastic surgery? Jack mentioned if 'tired of living the lies'. perhaps some on the plane were able to assume different identities in exchange for the secrecy of the 'cover up' of the island. may also explain the 'golden ticket'

So Kate may have assumed a new name and life.

also, Michael may also have assumed a new name and he was actually the person that died in the newspaper article. Jack for what ever reasons, knows the new identities and feels (in the flash forwards) it is time to come clean.

Blue
5/25/2007, 05:54 PM
golden ticket= Oceanic Air's attempt to say, "Sorry we crashed yo *** on a deserted island."

We covered this. C'mon people.

OUHOMER
5/25/2007, 05:58 PM
And why would Michael need a new identity? Kate and Sawyer i can understand