i thought that was a great episode.......intense..answered a few questions

yermom
10/25/2006, 09:27 PM
poor Costanza :D

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2006, 11:20 PM
poor Costanza :D

heh, another classic nickname.

Good episode. The island the others are currently on is what that station on the map in the water must have been. Hydra I believe. But their living quarters, housed in the clearing, is back on the main island. That's my guess anyways.

SeattleOUstudent
10/26/2006, 12:49 AM
this season makes my head hurt. Im not liking this season as much as the previous two.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 12:50 AM
what the hell was that creature on the video monitor in the previews for next week?

swardboy
10/26/2006, 06:09 AM
what the hell was that creature on the video monitor in the previews for next week?

Tivo'd it....just a guy with an eye patch

OU4LIFE
10/26/2006, 07:04 AM
wasn't there a previous character with an eye patch?

and when Benry came to get the blonde chick, didn't he say that the SUB[ was back? Sure sounded like it.

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2006, 07:07 AM
Tivo'd it....just a guy with an eye patch

and remember the glass eye the tailies found in the Arrow hatch?

i am da connectar!!!! ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 07:18 AM
wasn't there a previous character with an eye patch?

and when Benry came to get the blonde chick, didn't he say that the SUB[ was back? Sure sounded like it.

I think so. You think they would have brought her back n the sailboat, but the must a have a mode of transportation (sub) to get back to the min island.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 08:00 AM
if they gave the only boat they had to michael and walt...assuming thats the only one they had, it would explain why benjamin wanted the sailboat......they've got to have a way to get to the other island

i'll say this,.....the losties are in total control of everything

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/26/2006, 08:18 AM
You think Jack will save Benry or botch it accidently on purpose? I do know that he will use his surgical skills as a bargaining chip.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 08:30 AM
do you think the shark we saw could actually be a sub? it had a dharma logo on it, and could just be a "shark shaped sub"

perhaps?

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 08:36 AM
do you think the shark we saw could actually be a sub? it had a dharma logo on it, and could just be a "shark shaped sub"

perhaps?

That would be jumping the shark, ironically, with a fake shark.

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 08:37 AM

How so? I don't disagree, just curios as to your reasoning.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 08:39 AM
well, they've conned the con man, they've got the leader of the losties under lock and key.....every attempt to "get the others" has failed miserably...back at the beach, the only guy that can lead any type of attempt is locke, and he's been duped by everybody ever

sayid and the koreans are god knows where....

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 08:46 AM
crap, its early

i meant THE OTHERS are in total control

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 08:50 AM
crap, its early

i meant THE OTHERS are in total control

I agree! We know that they wanted Jack b/c of his surgical skills, but what could they possibly want with Sawyer and Freckles?

And W/T/F was Desmond's experiment all about?

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 08:54 AM
I agree! We know that they wanted Jack b/c of his surgical skills, but what could they possibly want with Sawyer and Freckles?

And W/T/F was Desmond's experiment all about?

they have to have sawyer and kate to use as leverage against jack.....'we'll hurt them if you dont play doctor"

i think desmond can see into the future and the past, and knew that the storm was coming and would strike Claire's roof.......so he created a lightening rod to divert from the baby to the 5 iron

OU4LIFE
10/26/2006, 08:54 AM
You think Jack will save Benry or botch it accidently on purpose? I do know that he will use his surgical skills as a bargaining chip.

I think you are assuming that it's Benry that needs the surgery. I'm thinking it's Blondie, and not Benry.

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 08:55 AM
i think desmond can see into the future and the past, and knew that the storm was coming and would strike Claire's roof.......so he created a lightening rod to divert from the baby to the 5 iron

He can definitely see into the future.....that could be a decent subplot going forward.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 08:56 AM
they have to have sawyer and kate to use as leverage against jack.....'we'll hurt them if you dont play doctor"

Good thinkin! So did Desmond's powers come from the implosion? And if so...then maybe locke and eko were affected in some way as well.

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 08:56 AM
I think you are assuming that it's Benry that needs the surgery. I'm thinking it's Blondie, and not Benry.

Yep....either that or they gave it away in the previews for next week and you know that's not going to happen.

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 08:57 AM

No, he said the xrays were of a man, around 40.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 08:58 AM
if they gave the only boat they had to michael and walt...assuming thats the only one they had, it would explain why benjamin wanted the sailboat......they've got to have a way to get to the other island

If they gave michael and walt the only boat they had...Then how did they get to the sailboat? Wasn't it on the losties island? :confused:

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 08:59 AM
did i actually say he can see into the past?

good lord, this coffee deprivation thing i'm on is really getting bad

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 09:00 AM
No, he said the xrays were of a man, around 40.

But how many men on that island are around 40? It could be any of them, however, Benry would be the most logical choice because of his importance to the Others.

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 09:00 AM

I don't like to talk about it much because of all the media attention it might gather, but I can too.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 09:01 AM

LOL :D

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2006, 09:01 AM
He can definitely see into the future.....that could be a decent subplot going forward.
or going backwards ;)

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 09:03 AM
If they gave michael and walt the only boat they had...Then how did they get to the sailboat? Wasn't it on the losties island? :confused:

the sub!!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 09:13 AM
But how many men on that island are around 40? It could be any of them, however, Benry would be the most logical choice because of his importance to the Others.

I was just pointing out that it's not Juliette.

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 09:14 AM
Mrs Mj suggested it might be Jack......nothing would surprise me.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 09:15 AM
Mrs Mj suggested it might be Jack......nothing would surprise me.

oh wow, talk about your plot twists

or what if its Locke? maybe that would explain the paralysis

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 09:17 AM
Ohhhh....good one.

There is no way to predict anything on this show.....way too many twists. That's why I just like to lay back and enjoy it.

Wait a minute....

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 09:19 AM
the sub!!!!!!!

ummm...I guess I missed that. Must of been when my 21 month old was screaming. Which show was it, So i can go back and re-watch it?

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 09:23 AM
well, last nite when they were on the walkie talkies......they said 'the sub is back"

in season one, at the end of season, they had an underwater scene with a shark tail that swam by, it had the dharma logo on it

i'm thinking that was actually a sub

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 09:26 AM
oh wow, talk about your plot twists

or what if its Locke? maybe that would explain the paralysis

or Sawyer.

OU4LIFE
10/26/2006, 09:43 AM

they could be xrays of one of the losties. Doesn't HAVE to be an other.

skycat
10/26/2006, 09:57 AM
well, last nite when they were on the walkie talkies......they said 'the sub is back"

in season one, at the end of season, they had an underwater scene with a shark tail that swam by, it had the dharma logo on it

Nah, that shark used to be in Jack's cell, like the bears used to be in Kate and Sawyer's cages.

crawfish
10/26/2006, 09:58 AM
All I know is, Kate has sold out. There is no question.

We now have a good idea why they wanted Jack. Did they bring Kate to influence Jack, or did they bring Sawyer to influence Kate to do something? Sounds like they really don't care what happens to Sawyer when they're done...

crawfish
10/26/2006, 09:59 AM

Only if the others are munchkins...

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 10:01 AM

Another what?

crawfish
10/26/2006, 10:05 AM
Another what?

bad pun.

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 10:14 AM
I don't think puns can develop toomahs.

picasso
10/26/2006, 10:16 AM
show is retarded. just sayin.

the commercials for it are hard enough to watch.

crawfish
10/26/2006, 10:21 AM
show is retarded. just sayin.

the commercials for it are hard enough to watch.

Me, I don't usually watch or post in threads about shows I think are retarded. You and your opinion of Lost might be made for each other. :D

picasso
10/26/2006, 10:25 AM
I usually don't either. but I've tried to watch it. it seems to me like the plots are written each night before filming.

it's wonderful stuff.

guess it's better than being another crime lab show.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 10:28 AM

Oh I gotcha! The shark tale in S1 w/the dharma logo....I thought was an actual shark w/a tatoo on its fin. :O Guess that's what I get for being a blonde! :D

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 10:30 AM

True. :)

crawfish
10/26/2006, 10:46 AM
I usually don't either. but I've tried to watch it. it seems to me like the plots are written each night before filming.

it's wonderful stuff.

guess it's better than being another crime lab show.

It requires a great deal of commitment - moreso than any other TV show ever has. Lost is probably the closest thing to a novel on TV - and by that, I mean that any normal show is going to cut the lengthy character-building and background (or eliminate it altogether). Lost takes no shortcuts and takes its time.

It's not for everybody. But I'm incredibly picky about my entertainment, and Lost is one of the best things I've ever watched.

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2006, 10:49 AM
It requires a great deal of commitment - moreso than any other TV show ever has. Lost is probably the closest thing to a novel on TV - and by that, I mean that any normal show is going to cut the lengthy character-building and background (or eliminate it altogether). Lost takes no shortcuts and takes its time.

It's not for everybody. But I'm incredibly picky about my entertainment, and Lost is one of the best things I've ever watched.

'we need to watch that again'

crawfish
10/26/2006, 10:50 AM
Another thing I liked with last night's episode was how Jack started working on Juliet psychologically. Kind of like Ben did in the hatch against Locke.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 10:50 AM

Me too. Lost is the ONLY show on TV that I have to watch! The other ones I will catch on reruns if I dont get to see them.

I tape every episode then rewatch it, just to make sure I get most of the events. Plus the kiddos are asleep by 9 and I can watch it in silence.:D

picasso
10/26/2006, 10:52 AM

sorry bro but they "lost" me when the polar bears showed up.:D

I'm picky too, that's why I shun network shows.

it would be interesting if they had a show where the crime investigator worked alone, without the token hot blonde with cleavage, black dude, nerdy smart guy and computer chick.

thanks.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 11:04 AM

it would be interesting if they had a show where the crime investigator worked alone, without the token hot blonde with cleavage, black dude, nerdy smart guy and computer chick.

thanks.

I think the polar bears were part of a genetic experiment. That would explain how they got there.

You must watch alot of movies! :)

crawfish
10/26/2006, 11:05 AM

thanks.

(they had a research zoo on the island) ;)

I'm a sci-fi geek. Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars and Heroes are the only shows worth my time at present. I don't like lawyer/doctor shows, and most cop shows don't do anything for me, either.

To each his own. At least I got you to respond four times in this thread, though. :D

picasso
10/26/2006, 11:09 AM
I don't care if the Nazis were there experimenting.

Movies? I read and paint mostly, movies are tops too though. usually ones with midgets or dwarfs.

OUinFLA
10/26/2006, 11:31 AM

thanks.

I dont like to watch shows that dont have a hot blonde with cleavage.

Ike
10/26/2006, 11:40 AM
I prefer lost (and now Heroes) to most other shows as well. Primarily because it breaks the format that most other shows follow in which pretty much every episode is a complete and independent story. I get tired of those because there isn't a lot of room for surprise. With lost, they have a lot more leeway to throw crazy *** twists and turns at you. However, they are going to have to run into an over-arching plot before too long. Otherwise it just becomes Gilligans Island meets the Mysterious Island.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 11:55 AM
crawfish nailed it, i agree completely

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2006, 11:58 AM
I dont like to watch shows that dont have a hot blonde with cleavage.
she died in the middle of season two

(i hate it when that happens)

picasso
10/26/2006, 11:59 AM
OUinFLA nailed it, i agree completely

fixed

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 12:00 PM
she died in the middle of season two

(i hate it when that happens)

She will probably be back in some flashbacks...Not to Worry:D

yermom
10/26/2006, 12:06 PM
who needs a hot blonde when you have Shortcake?

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 12:09 PM
who needs a hot blonde when you have Shortcake?

My hot blonde is Sawyer! :D

Widescreen
10/26/2006, 12:38 PM
I keep waiting to see if Hurley is going to lose weight. They've been on this island for 70 days and he still looks the same.

Sooner98
10/26/2006, 12:40 PM
My hot blonde is Sawyer!

I don't care much for Sawyer's cleavage. :D

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 12:43 PM
I keep waiting to see if Hurley is going to lose weight. They've been on this island for 70 days and he still looks the same.

ok you do remember the big stash of food he had right?

Widescreen
10/26/2006, 12:54 PM
ok you do remember the big stash of food he had right?
Yeah, I guess I figured he would've run out awhile back. Wait, wasn't there a drop-shipment of more food at one point?

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 12:58 PM
yeah, a HUGE drop shipment

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 01:41 PM
yeah, a HUGE drop shipment

There so much unexplained stuff from seasons past, it makes you wonder if they will go back and explain it, or just let it go. Like the drop shipments. The others must have a plane too.

Ike
10/26/2006, 01:46 PM
The whole thing was orchestrated by Benry to get Jack there to fix his bad back. All of it. The rest of them are just collateral damage that the others are surveiling to see if they might make good 'converts' before they nuke em all.

and yes, the others killed Jacks dad to set this all up.

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 01:49 PM
what if sawyer IS the one with the tumor? he's close in age...

Ike
10/26/2006, 02:01 PM

I don't think they had time to X-ray sawyer.

They didn't really have time to put any kind of device in him either. He saw the girl being taken in on a stretcher before they pulled him in for the 'operation'. When he got back, He saw Jack being led to the O.R....Which means that sawyer couldn't have really been gone too long.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 02:02 PM

Better not be :(

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2006, 02:19 PM
I don't think they had time to X-ray sawyer.

They didn't really have time to put any kind of device in him either. He saw the girl being taken in on a stretcher before they pulled him in for the 'operation'. When he got back, He saw Jack being led to the O.R....Which means that sawyer couldn't have really been gone too long.

They could have been taken when they knocked them out and brought them to the other island.

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 02:26 PM
According to what fake beard guy said....They want Sawyer dead....why would they want to save him? I do not think that it is one of the losties b/c why would the others care if one of the losties has a tumor on his back?

yermom
10/26/2006, 02:39 PM
that one guy wants Sawyer dead(the one with the stuffy nose) not the group

i'm pretty sure it's Benry with the tumor, but i don't think they orchestrated Jack getting to the island, they crashed because of waiting to push the button. if they were after Jack how would they make sure he lived through the crash? i think they got all the info on the people after they crashed and happened to need a doctor with Jack's skillz

skycat
10/26/2006, 03:27 PM
The whole thing was orchestrated by Benry to get Jack there to fix his bad back. All of it. The rest of them are just collateral damage that the others are surveiling to see if they might make good 'converts' before they nuke em all.

and yes, the others killed Jacks dad to set this all up.

I like this idea. I don't think it's true, but it would be pretty cool if it was.

yermom
10/27/2006, 12:59 AM
ok, i rewatched it and remembered something i forgot to mention :D

anyone else catch the Pulp Fiction nod? "like in the mo..."

also, i didn't catch the "Chinatown" thing, Sawyer is awesome :D

http://www.cinestrenos.com/cinefilia/temas/polanski/3.jpg

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2006, 01:51 AM
ok, i rewatched it and remembered something i forgot to mention :D

anyone else catch the Pulp Fiction nod? "like in the mo..."

also, i didn't catch the "Chinatown" thing, Sawyer is awesome :D

http://www.cinestrenos.com/cinefilia/temas/polanski/3.jpg

I notcied that too, especially when he started counting to three...

LANCE
Well, you're giving her an injection
of adrenaline straight to her heart.
But she's got a breast plate in front
of her heart, so you gotta pierce
through that. So what you gotta do
is bring the needle down in a stabbing
motion.

Lance demonstrates a stabbing motion, which looks like "The
Shape" killing its victims in "HALLOWEEN".

VINCENT
I gotta stab her?

LANCE
If you want the needle to pierce
through to her heart, you gotta stab
her hard.

Then once you do, push down on the plunger.

VINCENT
What happens after that?

LANCE
I'm curious about that myself.

VINCENT
This ain't a ****in' joke man!

LANCE
She's supposed to come out of it
like –
(snaps his fingers)
– that.

Vincent lifts the needle up above his head in a stabbing
motion.

He looks down on Mia.

Mia is fading fast. Soon nothing will help her.

Vincent's eyes narrow, ready to do this.

VINCENT
Count to three.

Lance, on this knees right beside Vincent, does not know
what to expect.

LANCE
One...

RED DOT on Mia's body.

Needle raised ready to strike.

LANCE (O.S.)
...two...

Jody's face is alive with anticipation.

NEEDLE in that air, poised like a rattler ready to strike.

LANCE (O.S.)
...three!

yermom
10/27/2006, 03:17 AM
heh, that's not quite directly from the movie...

"i stab her three times?"

nanimonai
10/27/2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I guess I figured he would've run out awhile back. Wait, wasn't there a drop-shipment of more food at one point?

Dude was eating ranch dressing like a bowl of pudding.
That jar of ranch alone had enough calories to feed everyone on the island for six months. :twinkies: :twinkies:

OU4LIFE
10/27/2006, 07:00 AM
what if the x-ray was of Locke? It could be before the crash. They've shown to be able to get current records of the losties, they had Jack's dads autopsy. What if the xray's were of Locke's L4, and that was the reason he was in the wheelchair until he got to the island? We still don't know how he ended up in the wheelchair, and it could easily be that there was a tumor that was causing his paralysis, and he knew it was a tumor, so that's why he was taking the trips like the one he wanted to be on before the crash.

damn that's interesting.

jk the sooner fan
10/27/2006, 07:34 AM
that was my first thought....Locke, but he's older than 40..although you have to think that medical diagnosis is somewhat subjective

OU4LIFE
10/27/2006, 08:02 AM
oh yeah, well I posted it first. ;)

jk the sooner fan
10/27/2006, 08:05 AM
oh yeah, well I posted it first. ;)

did you now? (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1617816&postcount=284)

OU4LIFE
10/27/2006, 08:15 AM
did you now? (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1617816&postcount=284)

yes, I did.

just cause you Hiro'd and then came back and posted that, not my problem.

jk the sooner fan
10/27/2006, 08:17 AM
ahh, ok, i see how it works.....

OU4LIFE
10/27/2006, 08:22 AM
:D

jk the sooner fan
10/27/2006, 08:31 AM
now i'm wondering if you didnt actually have a hole in two ;)

crawfish
10/29/2006, 10:21 PM
So...according to the promo commercials airing this weekend, a major character dies. It looks like it might be Eko, although they've misled us many times before. I know it won't be Kate, Jack, Locke or Sawyer from the next week's episode description...who will it be?

colleyvillesooner
10/29/2006, 11:49 PM
My money is on Eko. He's a "taily". I read somewhere on the net (here?) that the original plan (from a writer) was to kill off half the original cast in the first season, but people became too attached to the characters. The poster surmised that the "tailes" were only created to have characters to kill off.

Mjcpr
10/30/2006, 09:07 AM
I'ma be ****ed if they kill of Eko.

OU4LIFE
10/30/2006, 09:57 AM

I'ma be ****ed if your grammar don't improve none.

OU4LIFE
10/30/2006, 12:18 PM
So...according to the promo commercials airing this weekend, a major character dies. It looks like it might be Eko, although they've misled us many times before. I know it won't be Kate, Jack, Locke or Sawyer from the next week's episode description...who will it be?

I'm going to guess it's either Jin, Sun or Sayid.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 01:18 AM
My money is on Eko. He's a "taily". I read somewhere on the net (here?) that the original plan (from a writer) was to kill off half the original cast in the first season, but people became too attached to the characters. The poster surmised that the "tailes" were only created to have characters to kill off.

I win.

Mjcpr
11/2/2006, 09:07 AM
So what's with the lack of posts after the show.....nobody like it?

OU4LIFE
11/2/2006, 09:14 AM
hated it.

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 09:23 AM
hated it because eko died, but loved it otherwise

i have a couple of thoughts/questions

1. the whole "fake movie" thing with jack and the hot fertility doctor....ok, one of two things, either she's for real.....or she's doing that on behalf of ben to see where jacks mind is before he puts ben under the knife.....i think ben knows that jack harbors ill will towards him, so it would be wise to test his loyalty to the medical profession before letting him cut on him

2. ben said that he had lived on the island all his life....i've yet to see any children on the island so what is the point of having a fertility doctor? i could see where they might want to procreate their population to remain on the island and keep the projects going

yermom
11/2/2006, 09:34 AM

i'm thinking you should probably take a 40 day vow of silence

Hot Rod
11/2/2006, 09:41 AM

1. the whole "fake movie" thing with jack and the hot fertility doctor....ok, one of two things, either she's for real.....or she's doing that on behalf of ben to see where jacks mind is before he puts ben under the knife.....i think ben knows that jack harbors ill will towards him, so it would be wise to test his loyalty to the medical profession before letting him cut on him

Yeah, that was sad. I'm starting to think that the "black smoke" can take shape or manipulate their minds to see things.

I can never tell whether or not to trust Juliet. I love their TV/Video capabilities.

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 09:46 AM
The killing of Eko was senseless. The show has jumped the shark

yermom
11/2/2006, 09:47 AM

2. ben said that he had lived on the island all his life....i've yet to see any children on the island so what is the point of having a fertility doctor? i could see where they might want to procreate their population to remain on the island and keep the projects going

maybe that's why they have a fertility doctor?

of course they did take the kids from the tail. where are they? were there not other kids around when they were showing Walt there before?

so did the black smoke monster thing become Jack's dad too? did they intentionally lead the group to the cave? what about Hurley's imaginary friend Dave?

did Locke see a bright light because he's "good"? at first they tried to take Eko because he was on the "good" list. maybe they didn't know his full story yet?

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 09:47 AM
The killing of Eko was senseless. The show has jumped the shark

No, Eko's arc had run it's course. There was no where else to go with him.

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 09:48 AM
whats strange is that none of the losties have any idea how Eko died....they dont know what killed him

and whats the meaning of "you're next"

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 09:49 AM
whats strange is that none of the losties have any idea how Eko died....they dont know what killed him

and whats the meaning of "you're next"

Locke did, and I think Desmond did too. Locke knew what that sounds was immediately, and he knows the power of the smoke monster. My guess is Desmond has seen it too.

My guess is the smoke monster isn't the work of the others, but something else on the island. The french lady said it was a security system, right?

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 09:49 AM
did Locke see a bright light because he's "good"? at first they tried to take Eko because he was on the "good" list. maybe they didn't know his full story yet?

thats kind of what i was thinking....

skycat
11/2/2006, 09:50 AM
Well, it's pretty hard to give "you're next" positive connotations when spoken by a man with mysterious fatal injuries.

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 09:51 AM
No, Eko's arc had run it's course. There was no where else to go with him.
He hadn't Built the church. There are tons of things they could have done with Eko. :mad:

crawfish
11/2/2006, 09:52 AM

1. I don't think so...basically, she wants Jack to flub up the surgery, and never intends for him to talk about it to her. However, while we know Ben is dangerous, I suspect that Juliet might be just as dangerous. Or possibly, they're just messing with his head.

2. We know Dharma was involved in some long-life stuff that probably would have required her type of expertise. Besides, she seems pretty acceptable for procreation purposes. ;)

I'm a little weirded out by the black smoke stuff. They'd better have a very good explanation for that, at some point, but I have no idea what it might be.

I'm also ****ed that eko is dead. Even moreso that he turned out to not be so "good".

Mjcpr
11/2/2006, 09:53 AM
Why do you think he wasn't so "good" ?

crawfish
11/2/2006, 09:54 AM
thats kind of what i was thinking....

Obviously, he was told to choose to be good or bad, and he chose bad. ly.

sooner_born_1960
11/2/2006, 09:54 AM
There are tons of things they could have done with Eko.
Like, build a church.

crawfish
11/2/2006, 09:55 AM
Why do you think he wasn't so "good" ?

Rather than confess and repent of the wrongs he'd done, he chose to justify it. The island must have a fundamentalist view of good and evil. :D

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 09:56 AM
1. I don't think so...basically, she wants Jack to flub up the surgery, and never intends for him to talk about it to her. However, while we know Ben is dangerous, I suspect that Juliet might be just as dangerous. Or possibly, they're just messing with his head.

2. We know Dharma was involved in some long-life stuff that probably would have required her type of expertise. Besides, she seems pretty acceptable for procreation purposes. ;)

I'm a little weirded out by the black smoke stuff. They'd better have a very good explanation for that, at some point, but I have no idea what it might be.

I'm also ****ed that eko is dead. Even moreso that he turned out to not be so "good".
Juliet truley does not like ben. We know this from private conversations of theirs. I mean **** she didnt invite him to the book club. Thats like thumbing your nose at someone right.

Eko was good ...He did what he had to do to live

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 09:56 AM
well, its like he said....he did what he had to do, yet there were other examples around him that were able to survive and be good at the same time

they're going to kill off characters on this show, we've already found that out...i would guess eko wont be the last character thats well liked that meets his maker

makes me wonder what would have happened had he confessed....

and i realize that having a fertility doctor is necessary, but i'm not sure i see any results...so it makes me a little suspicious

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 09:58 AM
**** this show.....its going to continue to get bad

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 09:59 AM
Don't watch then. There's still a couple of million people that think it's awesome.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 10:00 AM
Oh, and the new couple seem REALLY forced. Like they won a contest to be on Lost.

crawfish
11/2/2006, 10:00 AM

We'll miss you in this thread, then. :rolleyes:

Mjcpr
11/2/2006, 10:02 AM
So who was the guy with the eye patch? Anyone we've seen before or a new addition (in February :mad: ) to the cast of characters?

Discuss.

jk the sooner fan
i thought last nites show was pretty damn deep, one of the deeper "thinking" episodes that i can remember

there's alot going on with the relationships.....i'm not convinced juliet is on jacks side just yet, i want to believe she is, but the "others" have a propensity to con the losties

they have a name for people like her in sociological experiments, but i cant for the life of me remember what it is

Mjcpr

Word. Don't let the door knob hitcha where yermom splithca.

Hahahahahahahha.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 10:03 AM
So who was the guy with the eye patch? Anyone we've seen before or a new addition (in February :mad: ) to the cast of characters?

Discuss.

Apparently, it's a new guy, maybe the guy that runs the smoke monster.

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 10:05 AM
I am sure you will.

I don't know why you people have blind loyalty for a show that good to start but is losing steam fast.

I will continue to watch so that is it good and they tie up everthing I will admit I was wrong and the directors did know what they were doing. If its becomes bad ...which it will then I will say told you and move along

yermom
11/2/2006, 10:06 AM

Discuss.

it kinda seems like he was on the boat when they took Walt

yermom
11/2/2006, 10:06 AM
i thought last nites show was pretty damn deep, one of the deeper "thinking" episodes that i can remember

there's alot going on with the relationships.....i'm not convinced juliet is on jacks side just yet, i want to believe she is, but the "others" have a propensity to con the losties

they have a name for people like her in sociological experiments, but i cant for the life of me remember what it is

confederates?

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 10:07 AM
Its probaly the leader of the new spin off show...Losties Lost again...Or will it just be Lost SVU

yermom
Oh, and the new couple seem REALLY forced. Like they won a contest to be on Lost.

i was thinking "redshirt" myself ;)

colleyvillesooner
I am sure you will.

I don't know why you people have blind loyalty for a show that good to start but is losing steam fast.

I will continue to watch so that is it good and they tie up everthing I will admit I was wrong and the directors did know what they were doing. If its becomes bad ...which it will then I will say told you and move along

That's fine, but what I think he is saying is, if you think it's bad and everyone else in here thinks it's good and like to post/discuss it, we don't really need to continue with the "this show is bad, jumped the shark" posts.

Run. on. sentence.

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 10:08 AM
YERMOM HIT IT ON THE HEAD

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 10:09 AM
That's fine, but what I think he is saying is, if you think it's bad and everyone else in here thinks it's good and like to post/discuss it, we don't really need to continue with the "this show is bad, jumped the shark" posts.

Run. on. sentence.
ITS BAD ....ITS JUMPED THE SHARK VERY BAD THERE WAS NOREASON TO KILL EKP JUMMPING THE SHARK STYLE HOW DO YOU LIKE THATRUN ON SENTENCE

Mjcpr
11/2/2006, 10:11 AM

I bet there's a screen shot of that somewhere around the innerwebs.

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 10:13 AM
confederates?

yes, thats it,......thanks

and doleo, its not blind loyalty, its just that we still like the show

crawfish
11/2/2006, 10:14 AM
I am sure you will.

Wow...I had no idea you were that limber. :texan:

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 10:16 AM
I bet there's a screen shot of that somewhere around the innerwebs.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage.php?album=486&pos=1023

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season1/exodus4/normal_exoduspart2-1028.jpg

crawfish
11/2/2006, 10:26 AM
One thing I really liked was Locke's reaction to the eye-patch guy. "Well, I guess they'll be expecting us".

I also liked his comment on how he did things differently from Jack. He's getting his edge back.

OKLA21FAN
11/2/2006, 10:28 AM
i think it is no coincidence that the smoke moster reappeared and we see 'eye patch' dude for the first team.

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 10:28 AM
i didnt care for how sayid just showed back to the camp.....where were sun and jin? i figured if sayid is joining in any hunt, that jin would have been involved.....maybe not

locke seems to be taking a more direct leadership role.....and hurley isnt nearly as passive as in the past

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 10:43 AM
any screen shots of the black smoke last nite so we can see what images were inside it?

OKLA21FAN
11/2/2006, 10:45 AM
any screen shots of the black smoke last nite so we can see what images were inside it?
i didnt notice any images inside od Smokey this time

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/6380/3581/1600/ekoandsmokey.jpg

Mjcpr
11/2/2006, 10:48 AM

This website doesn't seem to work for me, at all, but on the left hand side there is a screen capture of the smoke holding somebody in the air so it would just about have to be Eko. Maybe one of you geniuses can get the pic to work....I can't.

http://lost.cubit.net/

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2006, 11:00 AM
I still think the island is testing people. Eko passed his test. Eko has gone through the last few years of his life blaming himself for everything that happened to his brother and and afterwards. I think he finally realized that in order to save his brother, he would have killed anyone and he couldn't apologize for what other had done to him. If he asked for forgiveness, i think the monster wouldn't have attacked him. In the same manner Jack is being tested. I think he has to choose to save Behnry because that is what is right not because of any other reason. I think that this series is just interesting because there is about 100 different ways this show can go and the show doesn't assume we are idiots who can't handle intricacy

crawfish
11/2/2006, 11:09 AM
http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049

I can't believe the smoke monster killed Mr. Eko!

Sure, the stick-toting warlord wasn't exactly my favorite character, but he was a fascinating creature, not to mention one of the last remaining survivors of that cursed tail section. Why did Eko have to go? That's a question for Lost boys Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, who addressed Eko's passing — and the exit of his portrayer, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje — in an interview with yours truly earlier this week.

Ausiello: Another actor leaves Lost just months after he's pulled over in Hawaii for a traffic violation. This is the part where you guys tell me there's absolutely no connection.
Carlton Cuse: We actually work very closely with the Honolulu police department, and they have final script approval.
Damon Lindelof: Look, we feel very strongly about traffic violations, no matter how minor they are. All we can say is that Evangeline Lilly got a parking ticket last week, and she better not count her chickens.
Lindelof: The honest answer is, this story was sailing for months before his brush with the law — which was widely blown up by the press. What actually happened is not anything remotely illegal. (FYI: The charges were later dropped.)
Cuse: When Adewale came on the show, he didn’t want to make a long-term commitment to a series. We love him and so we agreed that he would come on the show and then we would find a time in which his arc would come to an end. And we sort of felt after a lot of conversations with him — most of which took place at the end of the spring last year — that we would finish his character somewhere in [these first] six episodes. And as we started talking about what was going to really help the drama of these six episodes, we thought, “Well, this is the perfect place to do it.” As we said, we all kind of went into this [with the idea] that it was only going to be for a limited period of time.

Ausiello: It's no secret that Adewale wasn’t the most beloved cast member. Did that play any role in his departure? [FYI: In next week's issue of TV Guide magazine — on sale Nov. 9 — my colleague, Shawna Malcom, reports that, per multiple sources, the 39-year-old actor had become an increasingly difficult presence on set, refusing to film scenes as scripted, insisting on rewrites and even "demanding" several times to be released from his contract.]
Lindelof: We don’t really talk about anything other than the creative decisions made on the show. If you’re hearing it from other people, you’re not hearing that from us. Not to mention, we’re in L.A. So we would never let that kind of thing determine the creative direction of the show. We’re all in the service of the story.

crawfish
11/2/2006, 11:10 AM
I still think the island is testing people. Eko passed his test. Eko has gone through the last few years of his life blaming himself for everything that happened to his brother and and afterwards. I think he finally realized that in order to save his brother, he would have killed anyone and he couldn't apologize for what other had done to him. If he asked for forgiveness, i think the monster wouldn't have attacked him. In the same manner Jack is being tested. I think he has to choose to save Behnry because that is what is right not because of any other reason. I think that this series is just interesting because there is about 100 different ways this show can go and the show doesn't assume we are idiots who can't handle intricacy

Of course, sometimes they're wrong. :D ;) :pop:

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 11:15 AM
This website doesn't seem to work for me, at all, but on the left hand side there is a screen capture of the smoke holding somebody in the air so it would just about have to be Eko. Maybe one of you geniuses can get the pic to work....I can't.

http://lost.cubit.net/

http://gallery.lost-media.com/thumbnails.php?album=1191&page=16

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 11:24 AM
what noise did they hear down in the hatch that let them know they needed to get back up to the top? i dont remember it was the noise of eko being slammed against the trees and ground.......was it a scream or some other noise?

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 11:42 AM
what noise did they hear down in the hatch that let them know they needed to get back up to the top? i dont remember it was the noise of eko being slammed against the trees and ground.......was it a scream or some other noise?

It's a metallic noise/howl.

Go here http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing , clikc on lost 11/1 episode, and it's at the 40:10 mark

skycat
11/2/2006, 11:55 AM
To me it sounds like the smoke monster is moved by a heavy rope/pulley system.

OKLA21FAN
11/2/2006, 12:01 PM
To me it sounds like the smoke monster is moved by a heavy rope/pulley system.
in Season One, Rose said she thought the sound was 'familiar' and had heard it before coming to the island.

no one has really been able to identify it yet though

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 12:34 PM
http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049
If this is the case and he wanted out of his contract then I understand. I really liked the charcter but if they were needing him off the show I guess that is differant.

OKLA21FAN
11/2/2006, 12:38 PM
moral of the story.

don't be cast on LOST, and get a traffic ticket

(thats makes three for three for being 'killed off')

dolemitesooner
11/2/2006, 12:40 PM
Of course, sometimes they're wrong. :D ;) :pop:
All I am saying craw is that when a show gets good like this and the studio wants to make more money they seem to drive them into the ground.

I think that there is such thing as one to many intricacys.

I am not saying that the show has not been great. I think that in the first 2 seasons this show has been one of the greatest on television. It has been great at times this season also.

I guess what I am saying is at some point the writers run out of ideas, and when they do even the great ones will push out mediocrity. The writers said in the first seasons DVDS that they had a 5 year plan...I think that the show has become to big for this plan.

I have to leave the office I will give you more of my thoughts which you don't care to hear when I get back.

swardboy
11/2/2006, 01:52 PM

Discuss.

Some speculate it's Radzinsky, the "push-button" mate of the hatch-mate that Desmond killed.

OU4LIFE
11/2/2006, 01:56 PM
I'm sure it's not exactly right, but it seems like whenever one of the "Others" dies, one of the main characters dies too.

Ike
11/2/2006, 02:03 PM
Some speculate it's Radzinsky, the "push-button" mate of the hatch-mate that Desmond killed.

was it just me, or did eye patch dude look a whole lot like the commandant of the military school in Malcolm in the Middle...at least thats what I was thinking.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/2/2006, 05:42 PM
Where are Rose and Bernard?

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2006, 05:44 PM
Where are Rose and Bernard?

THEY'LL BE BACK.

TexasSooner01
11/2/2006, 05:57 PM
I agree with the idea that Juliet does not like Benry and Benry does not like Juliet. Why else would Benry lock Juliet in the room w/jack when Jack pulled the hatch door and flooded the room. I just dont know what to think about her intentions and where her loyalites are.

I am totally at a loss of ideas on how to explain the smoke monster. This episode explains what happened to the air plane piolet in S1. I do believe that it makes the losties see things. Jack saw his dad, Hurley saw his hospital friend, Kate and Sawyer saw the horse, Shannon saw Walt, etc...

I was not too suprised that Eko died. I have thought all along that they brought the tailies in to have people to kill off. Bernard better watch out, after all he was a tailie!

That is about all I got at the moment. :D

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 06:02 PM
well if he needs jack to operate on his back, why would he let jack drown in a flooded room?

seems to me he knew that it wasnt as dangerous a situation as Juliet thought

Sooner98
11/2/2006, 06:17 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8z_zVROAdLU

Widescreen
11/2/2006, 06:34 PM
I told you guys! Hurley should've lost some weight by now!

OU4LIFE
11/3/2006, 08:29 AM

that's great.

yermom
11/3/2006, 09:07 AM
heh, how did they get Maggie Grace?

colleyvillesooner
11/3/2006, 09:48 AM
Maybe she has a good sense of humor and knew it would be really funny.

crawfish
11/3/2006, 09:50 AM
Maybe she has a good sense of humor and knew it would be really funny.

Maybe she really, really, really needs a job right now. :texan:

Mjcpr
11/3/2006, 09:51 AM
heh, how did they get Maggie Grace?

Who?

yermom
11/3/2006, 09:55 AM
Who?

OU4LIFE
11/3/2006, 10:32 AM
you know, sticks.

dolemitesooner
11/3/2006, 11:23 AM
WTF DID I JUST WATCH

TexasSooner01
11/3/2006, 01:09 PM
WTF DID I JUST WATCH

That was what I was thinkin too! :eek:

Norm In Norman
11/3/2006, 03:31 PM
I agree with the idea that Juliet does not like Benry and Benry does not like Juliet. Why else would Benry lock Juliet in the room w/jack when Jack pulled the hatch door and flooded the room. I just dont know what to think about her intentions and where her loyalites are.
I always thought that was planned for her to win Jack's trust.

TexasSooner01
11/3/2006, 03:46 PM
I always thought that was planned for her to win Jack's trust.

True. These other people seem to be good at planning and manipulation. :)

I think Jack should let Benry die. If he dosnt it will make me :mad:

and if they kill Sawyer next week i will be super :mad: :mad:

Thats all I gots for now. :D

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2006, 04:05 PM
Fall Finale tonight. Looks to be a good one

crawfish
11/8/2006, 04:11 PM
My anticipation is tempered only by my sadness at 12 weeks without Lost. :(

OU4LIFE
11/8/2006, 04:25 PM
My anticipation is tempered only by crawfish's sadness.

crawfish
11/8/2006, 04:29 PM
My anticipation is tempered only by crawfish's sadness.

YOU LOVE ME! YOU REALLY LOVE ME!

http://weblogs.variety.com/photos/uncategorized/oscar_web_1.jpg

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 10:01 PM
February 7th??!!!

Son of a . . .

Mjcpr
11/8/2006, 10:52 PM
Yep....that's 3 months for those of you scoring at home.

OUinFLA
11/8/2006, 10:55 PM
Yep....that's 3 months for those of you scoring at home.

someone's scoring at home?
a married guy??????
unbeliveable.

Blue
11/8/2006, 10:57 PM
That episode seemed like it covered all of about 5 minutes of real time.

I'm ready for the losties to start kicking some ***. Action Damnit!

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 11:08 PM
well the losties certainly gained some advantage in the control department.....

crawfish
11/8/2006, 11:23 PM
One word: whoa.

Fantastic episode.

Who is "Jacob"?

SoonerTitan
11/8/2006, 11:38 PM
I can't believe we have to wait till next year to see what happens next!!

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2006, 11:44 PM
I think Jacob is HIM.

Blue
11/8/2006, 11:48 PM
The smoke monster really ****es me off. everyting else in the show, "In theory" is possible except for the magical killing smoke thing.

I think we like the show because it's possible. Like I only like scary movies that are possible(i.e.-the exorcist).

The smoke monster makes it cheesy IMO.

dolemitesooner
11/8/2006, 11:58 PM
I think Jacob is HIM.
HIM ...WHO THE **** IS HIM.....EXPLAIN PLEASE

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/9/2006, 05:11 AM
Well in theory, they believe with Nanotechnology that they may be able to create a dark cloud like that....don't you read Michael Crichton!!

Newbomb Turk
11/9/2006, 07:33 AM
February 7th??!!!

Son of a . . .

the last straw - I've had it with this show.

crawfish
11/9/2006, 08:15 AM
The smoke monster really ****es me off. everyting else in the show, "In theory" is possible except for the magical killing smoke thing.

I think we like the show because it's possible. Like I only like scary movies that are possible(i.e.-the exorcist).

The smoke monster makes it cheesy IMO.

The exorcist is possible. Heh.

I'm gonna have to wait and see what the smoke monster is. It is possible they can suitably explain it. I was definitely a bit taken aback by what it did - but at least it explained how the pilot got pulled out of the plane in the first episode (I was wondering how the smoke monster as we saw it was able to do that).

crawfish
11/9/2006, 08:18 AM
the last straw - I've had it with this show.

See ya. :)

OU4LIFE
11/9/2006, 08:27 AM
and just where is Kate going to run to?

they are on a wholly different island......but alas, ze Jack...he do not know that....and apparently he wasn't on "the list".

and as for Jacob...Danny said that Sheppard wasn't on Jacobs list. Well I think that may have been the real name of the guy the losties killed. Ethan I think he said his name was. Benry sent people to make a "list", remember. I think that's the list Danny was referring to, but then maybe not.

OKLA21FAN
11/9/2006, 08:27 AM
okay problem number one with 'jacks plan'

Jack doens't know that they are on a 2nd island, but want Kate and Sawyer to 'run away to safety'. Not sure where they can run to.

and who is 'Jacob'? (maybe the real 'HIM' that the others refer to many times?)

crawfish
11/9/2006, 08:30 AM
and as for Jacob...Danny said that Sheppard wasn't on Jacobs list. Well I think that may have been the real name of the guy the losties killed. Ethan I think he said his name was. Benry sent people to make a "list", remember. I think that's the list Danny was referring to, but then maybe not.

I thought Ethan and Goodson were supposed to get lists of ALL the survivors...perhaps there was somebody who compiled them in lists of "good" and "bad"?

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 10:54 AM
anybody remember the story jack told kate on the beach in season 1?

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2006, 10:58 AM
JACK: Well, fear's sort of an odd thing. When I was in residency, my first solo procedure was a spinal surgery on a 16-year-old kid. A girl. And at the end, after thirteen hours, I was closing her up, and I -- I accidentally ripped her dural sac. Shredded the base of the spine where all the nerves come together.
Membrane, stenos tissue and ... So it ripped open. Nerves just spilled out of her like angel hair pasta. Spinal fluid flowing out of her, and I ... and the terror was just so ... crazy. So real. And I knew I had to deal with it. (As he talks, tears leak from his eyes.) So I just made a choice. I'd let the fear in.
Let it take over. Let it do its thing. But only for five seconds. That's all I was gonna give it. So I started to count. One ... two ... three ... four ... five. Then it was gone. I went back to work, sewed her up, and she was fine.

Your Welcome.

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 11:01 AM
you're my favorite string puller

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2006, 11:02 AM
as you are mine. :D

OU4LIFE
11/9/2006, 11:06 AM
I thought Ethan and Goodson were supposed to get lists of ALL the survivors...perhaps there was somebody who compiled them in lists of "good" and "bad"?

I only remember Benry saying "make a list".

crawfish
11/9/2006, 11:08 AM

Didn't Goodwin's list have all the talies on it?

dolemitesooner
11/9/2006, 11:09 AM
as you are mine. :DI thought I was your fav:mad:

OKLA21FAN
11/9/2006, 11:17 AM
yes, Benry said
'make lists'

but he didnt mention 'good or bad' at that time

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2006, 11:28 AM
GALE: You run and you can make that shore line in an hour. Ethan, get up there to that fuselage. There may actually be survivors; and you're one of them. A passenger -- in shock -- come up with an adequate story if they ask. Stay quiet if they don't. Listen, learn, don't get involved. I want lists in 3 days. Go.

Norm In Norman
11/9/2006, 11:36 AM
OK, so what is the connection between the girl and Benry?

OU4LIFE
11/9/2006, 11:39 AM
see, so THAT could be the "list" Danny was talking about. And Sheppard not being on it.

I think my head may explode.

So is Locke headed North?

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 11:41 AM
they definitely have an interest in the children

ok, so juliet is a fertility specialist, yet the only children they seem to have are the ones they kidnap....i'm thinking the girl with the slingshot last nite is french chick's daughter, and maybe benry is the baby daddy......

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 11:43 AM

i wondered if that meant "virtual north" or something else.....but it sure got his attention

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2006, 11:44 AM
they definitely have an interest in the children

ok, so juliet is a fertility specialist, yet the only children they seem to have are the ones they kidnap....i'm thinking the girl with the slingshot last nite is french chick's daughter, and maybe benry is the baby daddy......

I'm starting to think the Benry may bat from both sides of the plate. Tom seemed awfully concerned last night when Jack cut Benry, and we know Tom told Kate "trust me, you're not my type."

Maybe the Juliet/Benry tension isn't from a previous relationship, but maybe a power thing.

OU4LIFE
11/9/2006, 11:46 AM
Jacob Vanderfield is a member of the Board of Directors on the Hanso Foundation.
Enlarge

He was sentenced to four years for taking bribes from a Chinese cigarette smuggling syndicate. He served only six months of the sentence, and according to Persephone did it at a "federal country club" (probably a minimum security prison). Persephone speculates that Peter Thompson may have helped Vanderfield get out of prison early. Thompson was, at the time, the attorney for Vanderfield's fellow board member, Lawrence Peck. .

OU4LIFE
11/9/2006, 11:48 AM
and WTF ever happened to the outpost of the two guys, one of which looked like Jack, who received the signal that Desmonds significant other was searching for?

The were obviously not near the island.....that's still bothering me.

that, and the giant statue of the foot with the sandal that they saw from the boat.

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2006, 11:49 AM
and WTF ever happened to the outpost of the two guys, one of which looked like Jack, who received the signal that Desmonds significant other was searching for?

The were obviously not near the island.....that's still bothering me.

that, and the giant statue of the foot with the sandal that they saw from the boat.

Producers have said the fact that the island was "visble" will be talked about in the second half of the season.

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 11:52 AM
ok, what was jacks motivation to do the surgery after seeing Kate and Sawyer all nakey in the cage?

what is going on there

Rhino
11/9/2006, 11:53 AM
I thought the ending was fairly anti-climatic. No one starting running, Kate didn't tell Jack why she couldn't start running, You knew Sawyer wasn't going to get shot, no real drama. Just, "I can't!"

So why is Alex not wanted at the camp? What did they do with her boyfriend? What did he do to get put in the cage?

No follow-up to the Patchy story?

Where are:
-Rousseau
-Ms. Klugh

I accidentally found that three characters (minor) are coming back to the cast in February. Should be interesting, unless it's in flashback form.

dolemitesooner
11/9/2006, 12:00 PM
I thought the ending was fairly anti-climatic. No one starting running, Kate didn't tell Jack why she couldn't start running, You knew Sawyer wasn't going to get shot, no real drama. Just, "I can't!"

So why is Alex not wanted at the camp? What did they do with her boyfriend? What did he do to get put in the cage?

Where are:
-Rousseau
-Ms. Klugh

I accidentally found that three characters (minor) are coming back to the cast in February. Should be interesting, unless it's in flashback form.
Exacty...at least someone with some ****ing intelligence agrees with me. This show has been patchy for weeks and its getting ****ing old. The writers are running out of ideas quick either that or everthing will be sowed up and it will be the greatest show ever.

I am leaning twords we are all morons getting milked for our veiwing time....But I got those basterds by the balls. I watch this **** on DVR.

Mjcpr
11/9/2006, 12:18 PM
Exacty...at least someone with some ****ing intelligence agrees with me. This show has been patchy for weeks and its getting ****ing old. The writers are running out of ideas quick either that or everthing will be sowed up and it will be the greatest show ever.

I am leaning twords we are all morons getting milked for our veiwing time....But I got those basterds by the balls. I watch this **** on DVR.
Ha-Ha!

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3918/nelson800x6007ax.gif

Rhino
11/9/2006, 12:28 PM
Exacty...at least someone with some ****ing intelligence agrees with me. This show has been patchy for weeks and its getting ****ing old. Patchy, not patchy.

http://lostpedia.com/images/8/81/Patchyontv.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/9/2006, 12:29 PM
INDIANA JONES!!!!

OKLA21FAN
11/9/2006, 12:42 PM
I'm starting to think the Benry may bat from both sides of the plate. Tom seemed awfully concerned last night when Jack cut Benry, and we know Tom told Kate "trust me, you're not my type."

Maybe the Juliet/Benry tension isn't from a previous relationship, but maybe a power thing.

i think we might have a winnar!

Mjcpr
11/9/2006, 12:44 PM
I dozed off during last night's episode so everything is all Patchy to me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/9/2006, 12:49 PM
Actually perhaps, they know when people are supposed to die, and maybe Jack hasn't passed all the test to die yet

Sooner98
11/9/2006, 01:03 PM

Maybe Alcatraz is north of the main island?

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 01:04 PM
Patchy, not patchy.

thats funny, my computer says i'm on firefox version 2.0, but i'm running 1.5

;)

this show has never been one to answer a number of questions in one show......its a midseason cliff hanger episode

but there are alot of things i want to see them explain or pursue....like how sayid, jin and sun got back to the camp without any issues or problems when they were deep in "other" territory

Widescreen
11/9/2006, 01:22 PM

I thought you weren't watching this crappy show anymore.

Sooner98
11/9/2006, 01:23 PM

http://www.austinpowers.com/notes/img/2.jpg

He's been busy with a few things: overseeing Benry's empire for the last 30 years, running the multi-billion dollar company Virtucon, is the main shareholder in Starbucks, and has been attempting to acquire sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

"I spent the last 30 years of my life turning this two-bit island into a world class multi-national. I was going to have a cover story with Forbes. But you, Benry, like an idiot, want to take over the world. And you don't even realize that there is no world anymore! It's only corporations!"

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 01:32 PM
i wonder if the black smoke isnt a personal thing.....others can see it, but its only meant for one individual

the smoke has only confronted locke and eko so far......it tried to pull locke down that hole, and it slammed eko around like a WWE event, and its only appeared directly to them

Blue
11/9/2006, 02:02 PM
The exorcist is possible. Heh.

Well you know, if you believe in God and Satan and demons and stuff...

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 02:05 PM
who wants to bet with me that Walt and Michael come back

they never explained his special "powers"

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2006, 02:28 PM
who wants to bet with me that Walt and Michael come back

they never explained his special "powers"

They'll be back, but not this season.

crawfish
11/9/2006, 03:02 PM

I think there's a good reason for that - we really don't know what action they'll take. Jack doesn't know they're on another island and can't get off without a boat. Mr. Unstable is going to be mad he can't shoot Sawyer. By their reaction to Alex earlier (how did she get here?), there MAY be another way off that island.

There are a lot of people not accounted for - the black woman who made the deal with Michael, the kids, the survivors who'd been kidnapped, and whoever Jacob is - and it seems that the village in the season opener was on the main island. There's probably another location where the rest are kept.

Sooner_Bob
11/17/2006, 05:02 PM
Is it February yet?

TexasSooner01
11/17/2006, 05:03 PM
Is it February yet?

:mad: :mad:

NO!!!!!!!!

:mad:

crawfish
12/19/2006, 03:14 PM
So...the latest word?

http://www.fangasm.com/01television/lost/lost-to-return-early.php

Norm In Norman
12/19/2006, 09:43 PM
Hmmm - that would be good.

yermom
12/19/2006, 09:47 PM
excellent.

just as college football is over :D

crawfish
12/19/2006, 09:48 PM
I can't find a better source, BTW. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

OU4LIFE
2/7/2007, 03:02 PM
bumpity bump.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2007, 03:17 PM
i am stoked for this tonite!

skycat
2/7/2007, 03:23 PM
You should be watching basketball tonight.

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2007, 03:48 PM
Here's what you do:

DVR lost and the game.

Start watching the game. Watch and finish Lost at halftime, and catch back up on the game and finish it live.

Brilliant!

OKLA21FAN
2/7/2007, 04:00 PM
in!

sooneron
2/7/2007, 06:02 PM
woot!

Sooner98
2/7/2007, 06:30 PM
I forgot this show was still on!?! What is the premise again? Something about an island?

;)

Newbomb Turk
2/7/2007, 10:06 PM
Here's what you do:

DVR lost and the game.

Start watching the game. Watch and finish Lost at halftime, and catch back up on the game and finish it live.

Brilliant!

watch the game.
DVR Lost.
Watch Lost tomorrow.

yermom
2/7/2007, 10:35 PM
the TiVo recorded the first one, but the not the second one

i manually started recording but it looks like it missed like 5 minutes :mad:

Hatfield
2/7/2007, 10:41 PM
http://www.mittelosbioscience.org/

Rhino
2/7/2007, 11:32 PM
The stolen Final Destination tactic worked great tonight. Didn't see that one coming even though I thought about it briefly when she said it.

I think Carl is going to turn evil.

Where is Patchy?!?

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2007, 12:07 AM
Awesome episode.

Action packed start to finish. Thought it was pretty obvious that she was gonna shoot Danny.

They've got an awful long way to row since, no one on the main island knew that island existed, they must live on the other side.

yermom
2/8/2007, 01:34 AM
you fell for the "Wookiee prisoner" con?

from Star Wars to A Clockwork Orange in like 30 seconds