PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with these kids?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/27/2006, 01:04 PM
Monday evening, a local Christian school principal said he needed me to come to the school Tuesday morning to talk to the jr high and high school kids.

I asked him why and he told me a 17 year old boy had went home after school, tied a rope to a tree limb, and hung himself in the front yard. He was discovered by his mother driving into her drive way after work, and seeing him hanging from a tree.

Being a small school, this is something all the kids are taken very hard right now. Keep me in your thoughts as I have been there Tuesday, tomorrow, and the rest of the week at least sorting through thoughts with kids right now.

But just a couple of things that are on my mind right now.

1. If you have kids, be apart of whats going on in there life.
2. Never assume that your kid is the kid that never would do something to hurt himself. The parents say that every single time.
3. Take time to communicate with people around you. You never know what the person your talking to is thinking about and showing concern may change their outlook.

Maybe this is inappropriate for this site, but im not a blogger and I m having to deal with a lot of hurting people right now..sorry

Hot Rod
9/27/2006, 01:19 PM
Sad situation. Hope all goes well during this time of grief.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/27/2006, 04:12 PM
It will be ok..Its just trying to tell a 13-18 year old they are one bad decision away from doing something they cant take back..they look at you as if to say "thanks for stopping by..there is the door"