PDA

View Full Version : Good Sports Writers

IronHorseSooner
9/27/2006, 09:41 AM
I know that most of us would like to throw people like ******, May, Forde, Holtz, and Corso under the bus, but who are some of the "good" guys out there who actually give decent opinions based on analysis and insight? I like Craig James, Spencer Tillman, and to some degree Herbstreit. Get this, THEY ALL PLAYED FOOTBALL and were pretty good at it. Even though I might not agree 100% with what they say, they back it up with as many facts and as much analysis as they can.

stoopified
9/27/2006, 12:28 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

AustinTXHorn
9/27/2006, 12:31 PM
I've always liked Rick Reilly.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/27/2006, 12:31 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

like saying talented osu cowboy

TUSooner
9/27/2006, 12:38 PM
I thought we operated on this principle:
Writers who praise OU are good; writers who don't aren't.

The Maestro
9/27/2006, 12:42 PM
Well, talking heads are not sports writers. So, for clarification, guys like Tillman make good broadcasters, but writers they are not.

TUSooner
9/27/2006, 12:43 PM
I generally like Woijecz... Wojizc...Woijic... Gene with the Polish name on ESPN.com and Ivan Maisel.
I like lots of writers even when I don't agree with them.
I don't like Mark May (assuming he is a writer) even when I agree with him.

Fraggle145
9/27/2006, 12:52 PM
Mark May is awful... how he managed to string a sentence together is beyond me. Holtz is a drunk, him a schnelly hang out... I've seen it. Herbie is ok except for his Big 10 love. Chris Fowler is the best one because he doesnt get paid to have an opinion, but his articles on ESPN are generally good. Corso belongs on Mind of Mencia so whenever they say "Dee Dee Dee" they can trn and look at him before he flings poo at them. I think he drinks with Holtz and Schnelly.... Maisel is pretty good. Colin Cowherd needs to die an ironic death of being impaled by Tommy Trojan's Sword. Bob Davie is just another in the long list of failed coaches. his head looks like a paintbrush. Pat Forde gets annoying and he looks like one of those gys in the cartoons that either just got hit in the head with a brick or is about to get hit in the head with a brick really soon. Mel Kiper's head looks like a helmet from WWII but he knows his NFL pretty well, but the nfl is ghey... ok my rant is done. for now.