PDA

View Full Version : Texas Will Lose the Red River Shootout

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 09:25 AM
For the life of me, I don't understand why Texas is ranked #7...Texas is rebuilding after losing its key offensive weapon. We have a rookie babyfaced quarterback who got creamed the first time he faced a real opponent. All OU has to do is shut down the running game, because we have no passing game. Vince Young was a scrambling, fumbling freak of nature, the kind of player impossible to defend against. Without him, all we have is Mack Brown, and Mack Brown aint no Stoops.

So OU fans should rightly get ready to celebrate. You shut down the run, you'll shut down Texas.

Oh the pain...

sooneron
9/27/2006, 09:27 AM
not

buying

it....

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 09:38 AM
You're not buying that OU will cream Texas this year? Not buying that Mack Brown without Vince Young is just Mack Brown? With a baby quarterback?

We can run the ball. We have great talent there. We have a good offensive line. But you shut down the run, you shut down Texas.

OU wins the RRShootout (God I hate the PC revision...Red River Rivalry...it is and will always be the Shootout).

OUster
9/27/2006, 09:48 AM
You're not buying that OU will cream Texas this year? Not buying that Mack Brown without Vince Young is just Mack Brown? With a baby quarterback?

No, my young brother barrister, I believe my fellow Sooner is saying that he does not buy that, as a Horn, you believe OU can win. Your post makes too much sense and is in agreement with what has been posted on this board. Neither of these two thoughts are the kind for which Horn posters are known. Until I read something that indicates sarcasm, which I haven't yet, I believe you are being genuine...but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

The Maestro
9/27/2006, 10:04 AM
Well, for what it's worth, he's exactly right. It may be hard to execute, but the strategy is pretty simple.

Sonner magic923
9/27/2006, 10:09 AM
dang Law if your fellow whorns read this you could be in trouble back on whorns.com but hey the truth hurts right

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 10:11 AM
Well, for what it's worth, he's exactly right. It may be hard to execute, but the strategy is pretty simple.

I'm a law student. Facing reality and advising clients of the reality they face will be my career. There are terrible lawyers out there who sue at the drop of a hat, and they give all of us a bad name. The majority of us earn our living by advising people to face reality...they have no case. The boss calling you in to work on a Saturday is not harassment, a bad look from a co-worker is not assault, that car accident you got into resulting in a dented bumper does not justify a million dollar claim, etc. Yeah, there are *********s who file those kinds of things, and that's what makes the news.

But a good lawyer is one who faces the truth.

And the truth is, OU is going to win this year, because all OU has to do is shut down the running game, and pressure the rookie babyface QB. That's what Ohio State did. That's all you need to do.

The writing is on the wall.

OU wins by at least ten points. Hell, maybe thirty points.

Octavian
9/27/2006, 10:13 AM
OU wins the RRShootout (God I hate the PC revision...Red River Rivalry...it is and will always be the Shootout).

it was the Red River War before it was the RRS...

Widescreen
9/27/2006, 10:17 AM
OU wins by at least ten points. Hell, maybe thirty points.
You were doing OK until you threw this in there. Come on.

OU has only stopped MTSU's running game. Unless we improve in a hurry, Texas will be able to run all over us due to their OL. If OU is to win, we're going to have to score a lot of points (which I think we can do). It's not going to be because of our run-stopping ability - unless of course we've been sandbagging. JMO.

The Maestro
9/27/2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah, easy does it on the 30 point wins. Turnovers, broken tackles and big plays can totally change a game. That said, I do see Texas rushing for under 200 yards, a stat I think they desparately need to achieve in order to win.

soonermagicgirl
9/27/2006, 10:29 AM
I'm taking OU and the points.

picasso
9/27/2006, 10:32 AM
Apparently TLS hasn't seen our defense play.

caphorns
9/27/2006, 10:40 AM
There are terrible lawyers out there who sue at the drop of a hat, and they give all of us a bad name.

But a good lawyer is one who faces the truth.

I hope ya'lls friends at hornfans like Macanudo don't fall for this troll. I know Lid ain't biting (I HOPE).

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 10:56 AM
Troll? I'm not flaming, not hurling insults. I'm talking the truth. Texas can't beat you this year, and won't. You shut down the run, you shut down Texas, because baby Colt is two years away from being a decent QB, and Mack Brown is still Mack Brown. Bob Stoops is a great coach. Mack is only as good as his players. You think Mack called the play in the Rose Bowl on 4th and 7 where Vince ran it in? He didn't. Mack didn't call any of Vince's freak plays. Vince did that, and made Mack look good.

Mack doesn't have Vince, he doesn't even have Chris Simms.

OU wins, and wins big.

caphorns
9/27/2006, 10:59 AM
That's Fumbles McScrambles troll. Get it straight or Lid will eat you up.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.yourfamilyclinic.com/pro/fish.jpg

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 11:27 AM
A shark can be snared on the same hook. Better to be that fish than a shark.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2006, 12:03 PM
A shark can be snared on the same hook. Better to be that fish than a shark.

If you aren't a shark, you won't survive long...

Oh.. I much prefer the word "Pistris."

It just flows better.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 12:07 PM
If you aren't a shark, you won't survive long...

What does it profit a man to gain the world entire yet lose his soul?

You be a shark.

I'll be the guy defending against you.

We'll both end up in the grave. You get there your way, I'll get there mine.

picasso
9/27/2006, 12:09 PM
I think you both suck if that helps any.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 12:23 PM
It does.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2006, 12:25 PM
What does it profit a man to gain the world entire yet lose his soul?

You be a shark.

I'll be the guy defending against you.

We'll both end up in the grave. You get there your way, I'll get there mine.

lol... You haven't been told yet? Your soul is removed, along with your morals, your last semester in law school in a combined soul-moralectomy operation.

And.. I do about 95% defense work...

In any event.. down the hatch baby.

caphorns
9/27/2006, 12:26 PM
Lid would wipe TLS clean in the courtroom. He'd be a Soonerfan by the time Lid was done with him.

jdsooner
9/27/2006, 12:34 PM
Load the box and make Colt beat us through the air.
The team that has the most turnovers will lose.
It is going to be a tight game, IMO.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/27/2006, 12:37 PM
it was the Red River War before it was the RRS...

It was the Red River Thoat Slashing Gesture before it was the RRW.

BIG_IKE
9/27/2006, 12:50 PM
For the life of me, I don't understand why Texas is ranked #7...Texas is rebuilding after losing its key offensive weapon. We have a rookie babyfaced quarterback who got creamed the first time he faced a real opponent. All OU has to do is shut down the running game, because we have no passing game. Vince Young was a scrambling, fumbling freak of nature, the kind of player impossible to defend against. Without him, all we have is Mack Brown, and Mack Brown aint no Stoops.

So OU fans should rightly get ready to celebrate. You shut down the run, you'll shut down Texas.

Oh the pain...

This guy must forget that we are not on the team. The PLAYERS are who you want to think this. Not us. Unlike your whorn brethren we know there is much more to this game than what you suggest. It will be no walk in the park for us, we know your team is better than you suggest...and we know with the right effort and planning, we can beat them. Just like any team in any sport on any league can be beaten..on ANY DAY. Nice try though :pop:

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 12:57 PM
Texas is better than the #7 ranking?

If only that were true...

sooneron
9/27/2006, 01:07 PM
Only one thing pops into my mind on this thread...

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/lindstroms/caveman-lawyer2.jpg

Norhtwah
9/27/2006, 01:24 PM
OU can't stop the run. All Colt has to do is hand it off...

Readyfor8
9/27/2006, 01:43 PM
You guys keep saying "Nice Try" when what he is doing is working perfectly. This reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny joke where:

Bugs: Duck Season
Daffy: Rabbit Season
Bugs: Duck Season
Daffy: Rabbit Season
Bugs: Rabbit Season
Daffy: Duck Season!! FIRE!!!

Just look through this thread and see all the Sooners defending sexat. Its a shame you all fell for it.

Stoop Dawg
9/27/2006, 01:47 PM
While it's certainly not the type of OU/TX thread one would expect a week and a half before the game, if one is honest they will easily see that the game will be tight.

However, this board is no place for honest opinions.

OU wins going away.....

Luthor
9/27/2006, 02:32 PM

Oh the pain...

AggiePhil, is that you?

Bourbon St Sooner
9/27/2006, 02:56 PM
I'm a law student. Facing reality and advising clients of the reality they face will be my career.

With that attitude you'll never win a case. Lawyers are supposed to create their own reality and then put a bunch of dopes on the jury that will buy it. I ain't no dope. I'm not buying it.

caphorns
9/27/2006, 04:17 PM
Only one thing pops into my mind on this thread...

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/lindstroms/caveman-lawyer2.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you.

Widescreen
9/27/2006, 05:18 PM
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. One of the strangest made-up SNL characters ever. Who thought "Let's have a caveman, who gets thawed out in the present day, and becomes a court attorney!"? :D