PDA

View Full Version : T.O. at the hospital

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 08:02 AM
Channel 8 news in Dallas is reporting now that TO's trip to the hospital was because of an attempted suicide - by attempted overdose of pain pills

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 08:09 AM
If true.......what does it say about all that talent and money.

Means nothing if a guy is an a-hole.

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 08:10 AM
he's a human, regardless of his antics.......i've always thought he was a million dollar talent with a nickle brain....but it appears he has more going on than anybody knew

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 08:43 AM
he's a human, regardless of his antics.......i've always thought he was a million dollar talent with a nickle brain....but it appears he has more going on than anybody knew

Exactly.

Nice SAS.

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 08:47 AM
If true.......what does it say about all that talent and money.

Means nothing if a guy is an a-hole.

Very uncalled for. Truly in poor taste.

It's one thing to be an arse and to act childish. But for someone to attempt this, if true, indicates something seriously wrong. Lots of people do and SAY childish and STUPID things but are mentally healthy enough to not attempt suicide (yes, those are bolded on purpose in case you didn't catch the drift).

PAW
9/27/2006, 09:21 AM
According to his publicist its nothing serious. And, yes . . . it was an attempted suicide.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 09:23 AM
My point is, you can have everything in the world at your disposal and it doesn't mean squat if you are screwed up or have screwed up priorities.

Next time I'll draw a flow chart.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 09:29 AM
My point is, you can have everything in the world at your disposal and it doesn't mean squat if you are screwed up or have screwed up priorities.

Next time I'll draw a flow chart.

Funny, in your point, you don't call him an ahole.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 09:32 AM
Just admit that you just saw your Cowboys season hit the skids and you are testy.

a-hole=screwed up in the head. Sorry I gotta be PC for the diaper wearing types.

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 09:45 AM
Just admit that you just saw your Cowboys season hit the skids and you are testy.

Of all of the things he has done, I think this one has the least potential to take down the Cowboys and instead has the potential to be a catlyst for furture success for the team. I don't know if TO will play any this year for them. But up to this point, he has been a non-factor and I believe even without him the team has plenty of offense to have a great year. TO's other behavior has been a cry for attention. To me, this is a cry for help.

And BTW, they are not MY Cowboys. In fact, I am not allowed to talk about them because I am not a Cowboy fan. So take the above as someone who is looking at this objectively.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 10:07 AM
yeah......Mr. "I only care about him as a person".

And Dean's showing his true self over there too. Man up and cry foul to him.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 11:11 AM
yeah......Mr. "I only care about him as a person".

And Dean's showing his true self over there too. Man up and cry foul to him.

Dude, I deleted my post. I'm done with the whole topic.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 11:21 AM
Dude, I deleted my post. I'm done with the whole topic.
I get you. My post was prior to your deletion.

Boarder
9/27/2006, 12:08 PM
Personally, I think it was just some sort of reaction from taking a pain pill and an anti depressant. I don't think it was a suicide attempt at all and is being blown WAAAY out of proportion.

However, whether it was or wasn't...whatever happened, it's all part of the media circus that is owens.

Implosion. That's what he does. I just heard that within an hour owens will speak in front of his hous ewith his agent.

Look familiar?

Jerry Jones needs to be beaten with a stick for getting this guy.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 12:21 PM
agree boarder, WFAA has the story wrong IMO.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 12:28 PM
T.O. to speak in just a bit.

Which means 2:15.

BTW, WFAA was just going off of what the police report said.

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 12:45 PM

So, it's really the POLICE that are blowing this way out of proportion. Damn Police frenzy.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 12:49 PM
Disclosure time.

I'm at work. I'm judging WFAA by what was released on their website, which just about echoes everything that's in the police report.

I never said either organization was blowing this out of proportion.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 01:03 PM

no, they weren't, they went off of what their "source" in the police said, and a draft of what the police report would be. The official police report does not mention the suicide attempt.

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 01:03 PM
his publicist is quoted as saying "he could barely answer their questions"

so there IS a possibility they asked him any number of questions, which he may have mumbled "yes" too

and its also possible he actually did try to commit suicide and now realizes the media circus as a result

personally i thnk this guy has created conflict everywhere he goes because he's got some demons up in his head.....he's created more attention to himself than he probably realized he was able to handle because the publicity has turned from bad to worse

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 01:05 PM
Disclosure time.

I'm at work. I'm judging WFAA by what was released on their website, which just about echoes everything that's in the police report.

I never said either organization was blowing this out of proportion.

I know. My comment wasn't at you. It was at folks who think that the media is blowing this out of proportion. Well, actually, the two aren't mutually exclusive. The media WILL blow this out of proportion, regardless of how big it is. The police report appears to be contradictory to what TO publicist is now saying (which is what you are saying). I don't know what motive the police have for saying anything other than the facts in this instance.

TO's folks can deny all they want. But if the guy really needs some help, I hope they get it for him.

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 01:16 PM
no, they weren't, they went off of what their "source" in the police said, and a draft of what the police report would be. The official police report does not mention the suicide attempt.

you should read it again

mrowl
9/27/2006, 01:35 PM
you should read it again

the police report posted on dallasnews.com is not the official one. I haven't seen the one they handed out at the press conference anywhere online.

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 01:38 PM
there's an unofficial police report?

mrowl
9/27/2006, 01:42 PM

:D

there is tons of info out there, and from what I saw at the police press conference this morning, they said that the info that was leaked out was not correct, and they then handed out the official release to the press there.

from dallasnews.com

You've probably read where the Dallas police have issued a new report regarding last night's events. This one apparently has some of the details blacked out. And the police now said they released the report "prematurely."

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 01:48 PM

It appears that the "Official" one is the same as the "Un-Official" one only with certain sections blacked out. I don't believe that the two are any different in any regard other than that. They blacked out sections due to privacy laws (I assume HIPAA). Since no laws were broken, the report only mentions the non-health related information.

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 01:55 PM
ok yeah i get all that, however in the report linked to wfaa.com, the responding officer writes that while at the hospital, TO said he was depressed, and when asked if he meant to harm himself, TO responded yes.........the report also says "attempted suicide" near the top of the first page

i'm sure TO and the cowboys are going to spin this however they want.....will be interesting to watch

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 01:56 PM
spin control has kicked in.

Riese is responsible.

Jackal
9/27/2006, 01:59 PM
Considering the media frenzy around T.O. and his desire to be the center of attention, I am dubious of any account so far. I will let time tell the whole story.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 02:14 PM
Time covers sports? ;)

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 02:24 PM
While anything around TO deserves a healthy (no pun intended) amount of scepticism, I seems odd that he would fake a presciption overdose to garner publicity. It is equally odd that he would actually attempt to kill himself. Therefore, perhaps it really WAS a mistake and/or an allergic reaction.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 02:27 PM
Drew Bledsoe's on BaD Radio right now. Says he doesn't believe that T.O. tried to commit suicide.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 02:39 PM
why do I believe him?

I don't see why he would try suicide... yes, I think he is crazy, but...

mrowl
9/27/2006, 02:46 PM
I think his publicist is lying about something though...

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 02:52 PM
I liveblogged TO's presser on my blog.

Here’s T.O.

Apologizes to the Cowboys…There was no suicide attempt…Went home, took a few pain pills, got groggy, took extra pills with supplements…Bottle was empty but the rest of the pills were in a drawer…Rumor that he took 35 pills is absurd. I wouldn’t be here today if I did…Did not have stomach pumped…I wasn’t as coherent as the paramedic thought I was [when he was asked if he was trying to harm himself]…Refers more specific questions to his publicist, Kim Etheridge…Thinks he can play on Sunday…I’m not depressed by any means…Says it was an allergic reaction.
Kim Etheridge speaking now.

Owens was no coherent to speak…Had a long day and had some treatment…Was in a lot of pain when he came home from practice…Did not tell police officers that Owens was depressed…Upset that people take advantage of Owens…She called 911 because he was not feeling well and not coherent…Also says it was an allergic reaction…States she did not take anything out of his mouth.
T.O. speaking again.

Thanks staff of Dallas FD and E.R. staff at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas as well as all his well-wishers across the league.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 02:54 PM
I think maybe something happened, but it wasn't a suicide attempt.

And would anyone be surprised if the dallas pd got a report wrong?

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 02:57 PM
i want to hear the 911 call

jk the sooner fan
9/27/2006, 02:58 PM
I think maybe something happened, but it wasn't a suicide attempt.

And would anyone be surprised if the dallas pd got a report wrong?

in this circumstance? actually yes....i can just imagine how many police reports you've personally filled out and submitted.....

mrowl
9/27/2006, 03:00 PM
in this circumstance? actually yes....i can just imagine how many police reports you've personally filled out and submitted.....

I have been in some reports. :D

Just relating the record and the employees of the city of dallas to the police dept.

And yes, I agree on the 911 call.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 03:01 PM
He said/They said.

I'm honestly shocked it's come to this. ;)

I'm getting to work on that request with the Dallas Fire Department right now to get the 911 call released.

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 03:21 PM
In the end, it doesn't matter what we think the truth is. The fact remains that if he is depressed then he and his "people" need to acknowldege this and get him some help. If he's not depressed then great, no issue.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 03:50 PM
Norm Hitzges is going to be on the O'Reilly Factor tonight.

I finally have a reason to watch that show, again, after three years.

Wonder if Norm will throw out some wild *** stat.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 03:52 PM
Norm Hitzges is going to be on the O'Reilly Factor tonight.

I finally have a reason to watch that show, again, after three years.

Wonder if Norm will throw out some wild *** stat.

hopefully Andy Panda will be on also.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 04:12 PM
Maybe O'Reilly will get deluged with fan mail from Andy after the visit. :D

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 10:18 PM
Hmm, they had recently laid off columnist Kevin Blackistone on instead.

BeetDigger
9/28/2006, 10:00 AM
Hmm, they had recently laid off columnist Kevin Blackistone on instead.

Whoa. I hadn't noticed his articles in the paper. Didn't realize there was a reason for it.

mrowl
9/28/2006, 02:32 PM
Whoa. I hadn't noticed his articles in the paper. Didn't realize there was a reason for it.

he took the buyout along with dozens others...

including Gerry Fraley, which I will miss.

The DMN and BELO are in bad shape. They are probably still paying bills on the Cuecat. :D

BeetDigger
9/28/2006, 02:35 PM
he took the buyout along with dozens others...

including Gerry Fraley, which I will miss.

The DMN and BELO are in bad shape. They are probably still paying bills on the Cuecat. :D

Yeah. I just did a news search and saw the article on this. I will not miss with Blackistone or Fraley. I have some friends who are editors in the sports department. They hated Gerry Fraley. He was not a good guy to work with. I need to ask them about all this when I next see them.

mrowl
9/28/2006, 04:38 PM
welp... the DPD has changed their tune some.

mrowl
9/28/2006, 04:44 PM
they have re-classified their report from a suicide, to an "accidental overdose"