PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Sooner of all-time

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 07:39 AM
Joe Carolla.

Played Guard under Schn............. . I believe he still holds the bench press record for OU.

He broke a bench at my fire station because he was laying on it and their was too much weight on the bench. Dude's a hoss.

Any others you guys remember?

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 07:40 AM
thanks a lot............

Strangest Sooner of all time on the way.

usmc-sooner
9/27/2006, 07:41 AM
Mike McKinley was pretty strong in the early 90's. I think Wes Simms could bench quite a bit.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/27/2006, 08:06 AM
What's the record?

southern sooner
9/27/2006, 09:17 AM
I would say AD is one of if not the strongest... Cant always be measured by bench press alone. I am amazed at what he does for his legs - stands flat on the ground and jumps on a 4 foot platform (hard enough to do) with 80 pound weights in each hand.... THAT IS STRENGTH...

sooneron
9/27/2006, 09:19 AM
Mike McKinley

Pigface1
9/27/2006, 09:56 AM
I was impressed to hear Gute benched 400lbs. That's f'n nuts

Tear Down This Wall
9/27/2006, 10:00 AM
Mike McKinley was pretty strong in the early 90's. I think Wes Simms could bench quite a bit.

Although he didn't quite have the grip to hold onto a football in the 1991 Texas game.

Matt O'Neal gets my vote as strongest Sooner.

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 10:08 AM
What's the record?

It's 500+. I'm not exactly sure, but I'll ask Joe next time I see him.

picasso
9/27/2006, 10:30 AM
Joe Carolla.

Played Guard under Schn............. . I believe he still holds the bench press record for OU.

He broke a bench at my fire station because he was laying on it and their was too much weight on the bench. Dude's a hoss.

Any others you guys remember?
he was a roid puppy though.

what kind of strength are we talking about here? There's weight room and then there's farm boy strength.

the latter has to go to Mike Reid? I think that's his name, the big guy who played with the Dolphins and is the one on the legends video who whipped our wrestling team.

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 10:35 AM
he was a roid puppy though...

I'll ask him. Can I have your phone number to give to him in case you're wrong? I'm sure he'd like you to explain that comment.

Never mind...I know where you live...darn garage sales. :D

picasso
9/27/2006, 10:38 AM
I'll ask him. Can I have your phone number to give to him in case you're wrong? I'm sure he'd like you to explain that comment.

Never mind...I know where you live...darn garage sales. :D
hey, I'm just going by the size of arms the dude had. wasn't he like 6'1" 285? he had some cannons I do remember.

was it Mike Reid or Mike Riley? he and Switz also told the story of his beating the NFL arm wrestling champion.

The Maestro
9/27/2006, 10:43 AM
Wanna see Mike McKinley's kryptonite? Just say the name "Bubba Jacques" to him. Ouch. Damn, I still hate the memory of that game!

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 10:47 AM
hey, I'm just going by the size of arms the dude had. wasn't he like 6'1" 285? he had some cannons I do remember...

He's even bigger now. Dude's a monster. But extremely nice. Even as a rookie, I cracked on him a bit (not too much...I was a rookie, and he's, well, he's freakin' huge). :D

picasso
9/27/2006, 10:47 AM
Wanna see Mike McKinley's kryptonite? Just say the name "Bubba Jacques" to him. Ouch. Damn, I still hate the memory of that game!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!

I was on the 40 yard line in full view.

fadada1
9/27/2006, 10:57 AM
i remember hearing about chris watkins (o-lineman i believe) my freshman year going for the squat record. apparently he "blew out a nut". needless to say, he did not make the record.

mikeelikee
9/27/2006, 11:42 AM
Lucious Selmon benched 530 pounds, which was a record at the time. I'm not sure what it is now.

The Maestro
9/27/2006, 12:04 PM
i remember hearing about chris watkins (o-lineman i believe) my freshman year going for the squat record. apparently he "blew out a nut". needless to say, he did not make the record.

OUch!

King Crimson
9/27/2006, 12:04 PM
hey, I'm just going by the size of arms the dude had. wasn't he like 6'1" 285? he had some cannons I do remember.

was it Mike Reid or Mike Riley? he and Switz also told the story of his beating the NFL arm wrestling champion.

Jim Riley. also a member of the 72 Dolphins I believe.

soonerlaw
9/27/2006, 01:49 PM
Steve "Dr. Death" Williams. I remember hearing that he lifted a car off some person during an accident, plus the beating he gave Kamala and Skandar Akbar was brutal.

SoonerBK
9/28/2006, 10:01 AM
I would say AD is one of if not the strongest... Cant always be measured by bench press alone. I am amazed at what he does for his legs - stands flat on the ground and jumps on a 4 foot platform (hard enough to do) with 80 pound weights in each hand.... THAT IS STRENGTH...

He does not actually do this.