PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Taken to the E.R.

pb4ou
9/27/2006, 12:50 AM
T.O. Taken To The Hospital (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am7QjvM1T1YJVJw.xNFa36NDubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-owenshospitalized&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

:eek:

batonrougesooner
9/27/2006, 12:57 AM
I read this story on espn.com earlier.

I can't think of any reason why you would induce vomiting in the ED. In fact, induction of vomiting is pretty well contraindicated in most all toxic ingestions

There is definitely more, or perhaps much less, to this story than we know.

OKC-SLC
9/27/2006, 01:06 AM
I read this story on espn.com earlier.

I can't think of any reason why you would induce vomiting in the ED. In fact, induction of vomiting is pretty well contraindicated in most all toxic ingestions

There is definitely more, or perhaps much less, to this story than we know.
thinking the same thing. charcoal lavage? NG action?

it's a hospital. if we need it out of your stomach, we don't need to 'induce vomiting' to get it.

SelmaBamaFan
9/27/2006, 01:10 AM
Dont medics use vomitting to releave pressure or something? Like when you have a really bad migraine and stuff?

SOONER44EVER
9/27/2006, 01:18 AM
I heard it was an allergic reaction to some medicine he took for his broken finger.

batonrougesooner
9/27/2006, 01:20 AM
No.

Induction of vomiting is an intervention that used to be encouraged in the home after a questionable ingestion by a child. There really is no place for it in the modern medical environment.

You can decompress a stomach with a tube down the nose into the stomach generally speaking, but this usually is done only after positive pressure ventilation or with a bowel obstruction (clearly not an issue here).

He may have been vomiting, or he may be sick from his narcotic pain meds from his fractured finger. This may simply be a mild, expected, and recognized side effect of medications.

To purely speculate here...it could be a case of either intentional or accidental drug overdose, which would require, at times, placement of a tube into the stomach and medication with activated charcoal and or washing out of the stomach with water (which recent studies have shown is not really useful or safe).

With the information we have so far, on the whole I would expect this is much to do about nothing, as they say.

SelmaBamaFan
9/27/2006, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I figure if its an OD or something ingested they'd just sock a tube down his throat and hit the on switch.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 01:39 AM
the gerbil in his bum was rejecting his nightly load of manmilk.

batonrougesooner
9/27/2006, 01:52 AM
You guys are killing me!

manmilk, heh.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 07:26 AM
the gerbil in his bum was rejecting his nightly load of manmilk.
That's all we need:rolleyes:

Now TO will be ripping his gerbil on the sidelines on national television.

swardboy
9/27/2006, 08:06 AM
Fox is saying suicide attempt according to a station in Dallas....stay tuned

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 08:07 AM
I'm torn.

Would that be good or bad news?

OUDoc
9/27/2006, 08:16 AM
TO thinks too highly of himself to try that.

fwsooner22
9/27/2006, 08:18 AM
It was a suicide attempt according to the police report.....Its not Funny any more guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
9/27/2006, 08:20 AM
That's all we need:rolleyes:

Now TO will be ripping his gerbil on the sidelines on national television.

I thought he'd sign it and throw it to the crowd.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 08:20 AM
Its not Funny any more guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Just back off a little........I'm trying to decide

BIG_IKE
9/27/2006, 08:24 AM
Soo.....ummmm Do I pull him from my Fantasy roster for this week. Dammit..I need those points.

mfosterftw
9/27/2006, 08:24 AM

I'm not so sure, with some question as to whether he can catch a ball with a plate on his finger, the suicide attempt sounds like the final act of a classical tragedy.

Marc

TUSooner
9/27/2006, 08:25 AM
Isn't suicide considered an act of extreme selfishness in most cases?

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 08:28 AM
too much material.........

"crossing the line" meter is pegged...........must log out........

okienole3
9/27/2006, 08:30 AM
Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

08:26 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WFAA-TV Staff

File / AP
Terrell Owens broke a finger in the Sept. 17 game against the Redskins.

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.

The report says Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

shocking

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 08:32 AM
They better go check Jerry Jones next

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 08:37 AM
Would it be completely out of line for me to say "if you really wanna do it T.O., buy a gun. Better yet, let me loan you one. It'd be worth, oh, maybe an extra hunnert or so on E-bay." ?????

Meh.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 08:38 AM
He obviously has some major problems. I hope for him he can get them worked on before he attempts this again successfully.

Won't beloing before all the "I told you so" people will pop up saying it was only a matter of time.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 08:48 AM
I wonder if this means Soonerboarder is gonna go back and pick up his Cuhboy season tix?

SelmaBamaFan
9/27/2006, 08:53 AM
The real question is:

If he gets counseling and gets help and ends up acting like a normal human being, will people be able to forgive him?

tbl
9/27/2006, 08:54 AM
In all cases...

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 08:57 AM
The real question is:

If he gets counseling and gets help and ends up acting like a normal human being, will people be able to forgive him?

Dude, the people of DC voted Marion Barry back in. The people of NO voted Nagin back in. This proves that a lot of people are ignormously stupid. Me? There's nothing to forgive. He's a complete self-absorbed *** who is a cancer on the NFL. I wish him nothing but a very quick exit from the league/media. People like him make me ill.

OUDoc
9/27/2006, 09:00 AM
I just figured TO loved TO too much to hurt TO. TO respects TO, and vice versa.
I guess I was wrong. :)

XingTheRubicon
9/27/2006, 09:01 AM
In all cases...

most

SelmaBamaFan
9/27/2006, 09:02 AM
I just figured TO loved TO too much to hurt TO. TO respects TO, and vice versa.
I guess I was wrong. :)

heh

Okla-homey
9/27/2006, 09:09 AM
What a ginormous a$$hole. All that money and the guy couldn't even pull-off snuffing himself.

soonerlaw
9/27/2006, 09:12 AM
Here in Dallas the story has become the headline, even considering Byron Nelson passed away yesterday. Everyone knew T.O was crazy... extremely crazy, but what he did was beyond even TO's craziness.

Everyone around here, and me included, really hopes he gets some help and playing football is not even an issue at this point.

Sooner in Tampa
9/27/2006, 09:12 AM
T.O. was trying to off himself??:eek:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/27/owens.report/index.html

SelmaBamaFan
9/27/2006, 09:13 AM
According to the two other threads on this site, I'd have to say yes.

soonerlaw
9/27/2006, 09:13 AM
The story coming out is that he injested 40 or so pain killers, and his girlfriend upon finding that out, called for help.

tbl
9/27/2006, 09:14 AM
most
The only time I could see it being the case is in a war situation. Even then I don't agree with it.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 09:24 AM
He obviously has some major problems. I hope for him he can get them worked on before he attempts this again successfully.

Won't beloing before all the "I told you so" people will pop up saying it was only a matter of time.
so, did they tell you so or not?

seriously

Hamhock
9/27/2006, 09:25 AM

He didn't commit suicide. If he really wanted to finish the job, he wouldn't have come up short and he wouldn't have done it with a witness there who was able to "put her fingers in his mouth to try to get the pills".

he needs a dose of reality. people all over the world are putting up with much worse circumstances than him.

tbl
9/27/2006, 09:25 AM
I foresee a possible retirement...

sooneron
9/27/2006, 09:26 AM
Well, I was going to post this-

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw TO pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I guess I won't.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 09:27 AM
The story coming out is that he injested 40 or so pain killers, and his beard upon finding that out, called for help.

fixed.

tbl
9/27/2006, 09:30 AM
He didn't commit suicide. If he really wanted to finish the job, he wouldn't have come up short and he wouldn't have done it with a witness there who was able to "put her fingers in his mouth to try to get the pills".
Exactly. If you want to kill yourself, you do it. I've known more than a couple of people that killed themselves on purpose, and there was no cry for help attempt. They got the gun and did it.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 09:31 AM
What a ginormous a$$hole. All that money and the guy couldn't even pull-off snuffing himself.

nice.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 09:34 AM

he needs a dose of reality. people all over the world are putting up with much worse circumstances than him.

Look, man...clinical depression is a horrible thing, a walking waking eternal nightmare. It is a serious mental illness. I've seen first-hand the devastating effects this has on everyone even remotely connected to the person suffering from it. It's horrible.

A little more compasson and a little less snarky judgement would serve you well. The fact that people are enduring worse circumstances than T.O. is besides the point. That fact actually plays into the self-loathing of the person suffering from the disease, makes him hate himself even more.

I'm personally praying for T.O. tonight, and I don't care about his football career. I want him to find peace.

sooneron
9/27/2006, 09:35 AM
Exactly. If you want to kill yourself, you do it. I've known more than a couple of people that killed themselves on purpose, and there was no cry for help attempt. They got the gun and did it.
Yep

Scott D
9/27/2006, 09:36 AM
Look, man...clinical depression is a horrible thing, a walking waking eternal nightmare. It is a serious mental illness. I've seen first-hand the devastating effects this has on everyone even remotely connected to the person suffering from it. It's horrible.

A little more compasson and a little less snarky judgement would serve you well. The fact that people are enduring worse circumstances than T.O. is besides the point. That fact actually plays into the self-loathing of the person suffering from the disease, makes him hate himself even more.

I'm personally praying for T.O. tonight, and I don't care about his football career. I want him to find peace.

Look man, it's hard for a guy like T.O. to stay in the closet. So pray all you want, eventually he's going to have to come out of that closet.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 09:37 AM
this doesn't add up.

An Eye witness said that his stomach was NOT pumped.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 09:37 AM

Look, man...being a giant prick is a horrible thing, a walking waking nightmare. I've seen first-hand the devastating effects this has on everyone even remotely connected to the person suffering from it. It's horrible.

**** T.O. I don't share my compassion with selfish losers who have spent their entire life dogging on others, pontificating, and being a complete and total punk.

The only compassion T.O. gets from me is the bare basic "he's a human being" thing. Nothing more. He's made his smelly bed, now he's gotta sleep in it.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 09:38 AM
this doesn't add up.

An Eye witness said that his stomach was NOT pumped.

they didn't want another Rod Stewart situation.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 09:38 AM
And who wants to bet there's gonna be all kinds of ESPN/CNN/NBC "specials" about "how horrible this is." Just what we need, more TO. Meh.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 09:40 AM
TO hasn't banked any good will.

There's only two types of people that have anything nice to say right now.

1-People who are setting his character aside and only making this about a human in distress.

2-Cowboy fans that just heard their season splash in the crapper and want to pretend they are #1

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 09:41 AM

So basically, you're saying he did this for publicity sake.

I can dig that.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 09:44 AM
I am certainly not worthy to quote scripture, and lecture people on it. I like to believe that compassion and forgiveness are natural qualities of the human soul. I also think that condemning people suffering from depression is no different than blaming people suffering from cancer.

A little less hate, please.

tbl
9/27/2006, 09:46 AM

A disease? I suppose alcoholism is a disease as well. :rolleyes:

Look dude... My Dad committed suicide, one of my step-dads, and two of my best friends. NONE of them suffered from anything except the unwillingness to face their problems like men. They all felt sorry for themselves, and mostly for situations that they had put themselves in. Not one of them stopped to think about how their selfish action would affect everybody else around them for the rest of their lives.

My grandmother is still devestated to this day by my Dads suicide, and it's been 13 years since that happened. By now he would have been out of prison and he would have had two amazing grandchildren, but he chose to hurt everybody that loved him and leave us here asking the questions every suicide family member asks: Why? What could we have done different? However I know the answers. He was extremely selfish and only cared about his own circumstances and didn't give a rip about his mother, son, or brother.

All the other suicides I've been directly connected with all share one common theme, as do ALL suicides; selfishness.

Like I said, there are extreme circumstances that are the rare exception, but for the vast majority of suicides (and ALL related to "chemical depression") the ultimate reason is selfishness. I'm not saying people can't be sad and depressed, but that is never an acceptable reason for suicide. NEVER.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 09:46 AM
I am certainly not worthy to quote scripture, and lecture people on it. I like to believe that compassion and forgiveness are natural qualities of the human soul. I also think that condemning people suffering from depression is no different than blaming people suffering from cancer.

A little less hate, please.

Nope. I'm gonna hate all over his pathetic, selfish, sorry, no-account, money grubbing, team mate destroying, overpaid, did I mention selfish? ***.

Is condemning people suffering from massive prickness no different than the whole cancer deal? That's what I thought. Depression my ***.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 09:47 AM

I can dig that.

thats what I am leaning towards... You aren't allowed to just leave, after you try to commit suicide right?

tbl
9/27/2006, 09:53 AM

I can dig that.
I'm not saying I know why he did it. Millions of people do it without having the high profile for publicity sake. Frankly, I've never understood the fake suicide attempt. It seems to me as a "feel sorry for me" ploy, but I don't know.

All I know is that if he is back for the Philly game, he's gonna wish he had finished the job. Those people are going to be RUTHLESS. That's why I think retirement might be a possibility. It's hard for somebody with his high profile to come back from something like this. I hope he does, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't want people to think I'm insensitive about this, but my feelings on suicide are based on much personal experience. I get frustrated that people try to condone suicide by using the depression angle.

Rhino
9/27/2006, 09:54 AM
This is crazy.

I hope he gets some help ASAP. And I hate the guy.

mdklatt
9/27/2006, 09:55 AM
He had a reaction to the painkillers he was taking for his finger. He's been released form the hospital already--probably not something they would do if it was a suicide attempt.

soonerlaw
9/27/2006, 09:55 AM
TO hasn't banked any good will.

There's only two types of people that have anything nice to say right now.

1-People who are setting his character aside and only making this about a human in distress.

2-Cowboy fans that just heard their season splash in the crapper and want to pretend they are #1

You're right. TO hasn't banked any good will. As a Cowboy fan, I don't think TO has done that much this season to believe that the season is tanked. Personally, I think he adds a whole of talent, but takes away a whole lot of chemistry. So that has nothing to do with it.

Its more that this guy has everything in the world... money, talent, fame... and still is so F*#$ed up in the head that he would do this. Regardless of how you feel about "TO the player" this is a sad sad situation for "Terrell Owens the person."

mdklatt
9/27/2006, 10:03 AM
In all cases...

Like you even have a ****ing clue. :rolleyes:

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 10:03 AM

Look dude... My Dad committed suicide, one of my step-dads, and two of my best friends. NONE of them suffered from anything except the unwillingness to face their problems like men. They all felt sorry for themselves, and mostly for situations that they had put themselves in. Not one of them stopped to think about how their selfish action would affect everybody else around them for the rest of their lives.

Are you sure about that? Maybe they thought they were sparing you the pain and enduring problems of their existence. Suicide is mistake, and a selfish act, no doubt about it. But depression IS a mental disorder and as such is indeed a physical illness. Everything you just said feeds into the pain and self-loathing of the person suffering from it. They know they're weak, they know they're hurting others. They also want this mental anguish to end, and eventually convince themselves everyone who loves them will be better off without them. They convince themselves they are committing an act of love, by sparing everyone the problems associated with their continued existence.

All the other suicides I've been directly connected with all share one common theme, as do ALL suicides; selfishness.

In some cases, the choice to drag a family through a wringer could be called selfish, the suicidal person thinks he is sparing those he loves that pain, and therefore believes he is doing the best thing for those he or she loves.

I'm not saying people can't be sad and depressed, but that is never an acceptable reason for suicide.

Agreed. But I pray for T.O. and hope he comes to understand what you do. I don't hate him because he's suffering. That's not Christian, that's not American, and it damn sure ain't Texan.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 10:05 AM
nm

tbl
9/27/2006, 10:08 AM
Like you even have a ****ing clue. :rolleyes:
Nice response. Anything else to add?

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:10 AM

My grandmother is still devestated to this day by my Dads suicide, and it's been 13 years since that happened. By now he would have been out of prison and he would have had two amazing grandchildren, but he chose to hurt everybody that loved him and leave us here asking the questions every suicide family member asks: Why? What could we have done different? However I know the answers. He was extremely selfish and only cared about his own circumstances and didn't give a rip about his mother, son, or brother.

Like I said, there are extreme circumstances that are the rare exception, but for the vast majority of suicides (and ALL related to "chemical depression") the ultimate reason is selfishness. I'm not saying people can't be sad and depressed, but that is never an acceptable reason for suicide. NEVER.

the sarcastic older brother in me would in a childish moment point out that you seem to be the connection. The regular person in me says that situation sucks.

Octavian
9/27/2006, 10:11 AM
once again, TO manages to divide people who don't even know him as much as he does to those who do....

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:11 AM
Agreed. But I pray for T.O. and hope he comes to understand what you do. I don't hate him because he's suffering. That's not Christian, that's not American, and it damn sure ain't Texan.

What about the fact that he's an in the closet pole smoker? Is that Christian?

mdklatt
9/27/2006, 10:13 AM
Nice response. Anything else to add?

No.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 10:13 AM
Geez law dude. Nobody "hates him because he's suffering." Where in the hell are you coming from?

We hate him because he's a prick of epic proportion. Get it straight.

colleyvillesooner
9/27/2006, 10:14 AM
Scott, what's with the gay angle? Just asking...

soonernija
9/27/2006, 10:14 AM
He's a prick but he's also human

Sooner in Tampa
9/27/2006, 10:15 AM
He had a reaction to the painkillers he was taking for his finger. He's been released form the hospital already--probably not something they would do if it was a suicide attempt.1430 The Buzz in T-Town said they just had a live report from the Dallas PD an T.O. is still in the hospital.

I would think that they would keep him after finding 30 or some odd painkillers in his stomach.

:pop:

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:16 AM
1430 The Buzz in T-Town said they just had a live report from the Dallas PD an T.O. is still in the hospital.

I would think that they would keep him after finding 3 or so quarts of manjuice in his stomach.

:pop:

that's just nasty man.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:18 AM
Scott, what's with the gay angle? Just asking...

I'm jus' sayin'....someone who went to the lengths he went to to prove Garcia was gay is probably gay himself.

I'm sure the self absorbed narcissism, and excessive flamboyance have nothing to do with it though ;)

Octavian
9/27/2006, 10:19 AM
TBL,

Everyone around you seem to commit suicide. Can it be because you are a selfish unforgiving, critical, and mean a**hole?

completely uncalled for...

that's ridiculous, especially w/ 14 posts to your name, directed towards a guy who's very well liked on here

Texas Law Student
What about the fact that he's an in the closet pole smoker? Is that Christian?

Personally, I think people who are truly homosexual were born that way. As a Christian, I don't believe in hate and judgement, and I especially don't believe that God makes mistakes. Homosexuals are not mistakes, they are part of God's plan which mankind has yet to comprehend. As a Christian, they are fellow brothers and I hope they pray for me as I pray for them. Words like "pole-smoker" betray your own hate, and I hope one day you come to realize such words don't make you macho, manly, or powerful. They make you stupid, ignorant, and hateful.

Sooner in Tampa
that's just nasty man.:O

:D :D :D :D :D

sooneron
9/27/2006, 10:21 AM
That's not Christian, that's not American, and it damn sure ain't Texan.
I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but this last part made me want to barf.

"Texas, it's a holier than thou country"

Scott D

that's ridiculous, especially w/ 14 posts to your name, directed towards a guy who's very well liked on here

I need a memo on who is liked on here, I keep losing track.

Scott D
Personally, I think people who are truly homosexual were born that way. As a Christian, I don't believe in hate and judgement, and I especially don't believe that God makes mistakes. Homosexuals are not mistakes, they are part of God's plan which mankind has yet to comprehend. As a Christian, they are fellow brothers and I hope they pray for me as I pray for them. Words like "pole-smoker" betray your own hate, and I hope one day you come to realize such words don't make you macho, manly, or powerful. They make you stupid, ignorant, and hateful.

or it makes me one sarcastic muh****ah. Being Christian I'll let you judge.

sooneron
9/27/2006, 10:22 AM

Concur, classeless. I believe you will be having the neg-bomb sandwich if that isn't edited out pronto.

soonernija
Guys:

PLEASE act like decent human beings. Even if this guy attempted suicide, he needs to be pitied, not vilified.

Octavian
I need a memo on who is liked on here, I keep losing track.

then I'll just speak for myself...I like lebowski

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:24 AM
then I'll just speak for myself...I like lebowski

yeah but you like liver and onions, so that speaks for you as well. :D

sooneron
9/27/2006, 10:25 AM
I like Jed, that's it- I pretty much hate Turk, Dean, Bri, SAS, SLC, King Crimson, jkm, ........

:D

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:26 AM
I like Jed, that's it- I pretty much hate Turk, Dean, Bri, SAS, SLC, King Crimson, jkm, ........

you know...I know some people out in Joisey. How would you like to meet Jimmy Hoffa if ya catch muh drift ;)

MiccoMacey
Guys:

PLEASE act like decent human beings...

This coming from the guy who accused someone of being the reason his family committed suicide.

Damn, that's ballsy. Unbelieveably frickin' stupid. But ballsy.

tbl
Yeah dude.... I'm the reason my Dad killed himself when I was a teenager, my step-dad did when I was 7, and 2 of my buddies did. My dad was going to go back to prison and he obviously did not want to do that, my step-dad had just got out and was messed up in the head, one of my buddies had a girl break up with him so he used suicide for revenge, and the other guy was a severe drug addict. I'm failing to see how I caused any of those, but I can definitely see how those have affected my outlook on suicide (don't ya think?).

TO does not fall into their categories b/c he did NOT committ suicide, nor did he intend to. He took the pills while a woman was there watching him. If he really wanted to do it, he would have waited till he was by himself and really done it. I do hope he pulls through this and gets better. My arguments actually had nothing to do with TO, but suicide itself. Why don't you go re-read the thread...

It might turn out that this wasn't a suicide attempt after all. Reports are coming out now saying it isn't... but my opinions about the act of suicide are still the same.

Hamhock
9/27/2006, 10:27 AM
I don't care about his football career. I want him to find peace.

I can agree with this.

i'm not bagging on TO the person, I'm perturbed that this guy's plea for help/publicity stunt is gaining national attention. As Dean said, people kill themselves every day. He created this circus in which he occupies the center ring.

If he was truly so deeply, clinically depressed that he wanted to end it all, he would have found a UT football player, borrowed their 9mm and ate a bullet.

I would bemoan that event as a tragedy, because a human took his own life.
This is the latest episode in the freak show.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 10:27 AM
Guys:

PLEASE act like decent human beings. Even if this guy attempted suicide, he needs to be pitied, not vilified.

1. You called a fellow poster a name. Clearly a rules vioation.

2. You're self-righteous.

3. TO will not get a single ounce of pity from me. And I'm a human's human. Mother Theresa ain't got **** on me.

4. I'll give you about 2 minutes to edit your name calling post.

Octavian
9/27/2006, 10:28 AM
yeah but you like liver and onions, so that speaks for you as well. :D

dayum...the gloves come off :D

don't be messin' wiff muh liver un' uniuns, boi!

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 10:29 AM

Dude,

What about me? I'm pretty harmless. :)

Scott D
Guys:

see, my little quip didn't mean you could say what you said. the difference here is that tbl knows I'm not being serious about it...you, he dun know.

sooneron
I'm glad Dean wasn't on my hate list.

The
Guys:

I pity people with real problems. TO's got it rough? **** on him.
My $.03

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:30 AM
dayum...the gloves come off :D

don't be messin' wiff muh liver un' uniuns, boi!

you know, one time beans and cornbread had a fight, and beans knocked cornbread outta sight...

on that note I'm tempted to have red beans & rice for lunch.

william_brasky
And I'm a human's human. Mother Theresa ain't got **** on me.

Classic.

sooneron
Dude,

What about me? I'm pretty harmless. :)
Alright then

I absolutely LOATHE Micco!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Scott D
1. You called a fellow poster a name. Clearly a rules vioation.

2. You're self-righteous.

3. TO will not get a single ounce of pity from me. And I'm a human's human. Mother Theresa ain't got **** on me.

4. I'll give you about 2 minutes to edit your name calling post.

You forgot

5. You will refer to me as King *********.

sooneron
Classic.
Yeah, that will end up in someone's sig line

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/27/2006, 10:31 AM
"Lucky Man"-Emerson, Lake and Palmer

tbl
9/27/2006, 10:32 AM
You guys crack me up... :D :D :D

Scott, I was going to reply to your original post about me being the black widow with some smilies, but ninja got serious about it so I had to go there.

The joke about me being the suicide causer is right there for everybody to see, but I was pretty surprised to see somebody actually make a serious accusation about it.

BTW, don't ever become my friend. If you see me at the tailgate, RUN!!!!

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 10:32 AM
You forgot

5. You will refer to me as King *********.

If you are to use my formal title, at least get it right:

His Royal Highness, King OF the *********s.

I've beheaded a peasant for less.

swardboy
9/27/2006, 10:33 AM

Interesting....how do you interpret this scripture?....

Apostle Paul: "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error." (Romans 1:26-27)

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:34 AM

Good thing I'm a Knight of the Buddy Guy Table then muh****ah.

tbl
Check mate by swardboy!

sooneron
you know...I know some people out in Joisey. How would you like to meet Jimmy Hoffa if ya catch muh drift ;)
Don't even step to that, I'll introduce you to cha cha from the pastry shop in Lil Italy!:cool:

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 10:35 AM
Good thing I'm a Knight of the Buddy Guy Table then muh****ah.

Damn Right it's a Good Thing......

Octavian
you know, one time beans and cornbread had a fight, and beans knocked cornbread outta sight...

Then we can go eat some hay, lay by the bay, I just may, what do you say?"

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5694/happygilmorenm3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Okla-homey
Geez law dude. Nobody "hates him because he's suffering." Where in the hell are you coming from?

We hate him because he's a prick of epic proportion. Get it straight.

...and, the league would be better off with him out of it. Don't forget that part.

william_brasky

In Mexico, Senor El Doucho Bago.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:36 AM
...and, the league would be better off with him out of it. Don't forget that part.

We talking about T.O. or Jeremy Shockey?

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 10:36 AM
We talking about T.O. or Jeremy Shockey?

Yes?

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:37 AM
Then we can go eat some hay, lay by the bay, I just may, what do you say?"

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5694/happygilmorenm3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Yeah, there's a little party on the 9th green at 7pm...why don't you come to it..and wear your best suit.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 10:37 AM
In Mexico, Senor El Doucho Bago.

Damn gringo. It's "El Fey de los Bagos ******s'"

****in' hillbillies anyhow.....

Octavian
9/27/2006, 10:38 AM
I'm there ;)

Okla-homey
9/27/2006, 10:38 AM

Apostle Paul: "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error." (Romans 1:26-27)

check.

BTW, the kid's display of moral relativism is troubling, but perhaps understandable given the circumstances.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:39 AM

I want to point out the irony of that passage being in ROMANS. That is all.

william_brasky
9/27/2006, 10:41 AM
Damn gringo. It's "El Fey de los Bagos ******s'"

****in' hillbillies anyhow.....

Folks, there you have it. Dean is bi. :texan:

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 10:42 AM
Alright then

I absolutely LOATHE Micco!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks. :)

I just want to be one or the other...loved or hated. I just need to belong to a group.

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 10:43 AM
I want to point out the irony of that passage being in ROMANS. That is all.

ROFL.

Okla-homey
9/27/2006, 10:45 AM
Join the T.O. hate-fest! Come on, its fun!

BTW, who knew T.O. was a closeted ghey? I sure didn't until I read it there...but I don't get out much so its prolly no scoop.;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79136

william_brasky
9/27/2006, 10:45 AM
Just found this nugget from a Dallas blog.

Right now, on 610 WIP in Philly, the fans are talking about T.O. Some of the calls are sympathetic. The majority, however, are pathetic. A number of people have chanted "O.D., O.D., O.D., O.D." One guy said he hopes that Owens dies.

I've always heard that Philly is the toughest sports city in the nation.

batonrougesooner
9/27/2006, 10:52 AM
I'm thinking this is like 99% of all "suicide attempts" seen in the ED...

"I'm sad, life is horrible, I'm going to take a few of my pills, get some attention and sympathy from those closest to me, manipulate those who care about me, be a victim because that's what I'm good at."

I doubt his ingestion ever reached toxic levels. If so, he would have been admitted for several doses of a really nasty medicine which helps protect the liver in these situations. He was discharged this morning. Perhaps the charcoal they undoubtedly gave him prevented absorption. Who knows?

All I can say is, I'm not impressed. I'm not buying this.

fwsooner22
9/27/2006, 10:52 AM
WOW

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 11:01 AM

The same way I see other quotes in scripture that are from another time, such as what animals man should eat, and how women must always cover their heads and faces when entering the church, and how women must not be allowed to speak in a church. Products of their time.

I believe in Christ and Christ's words -- words of healing, compassion, non-judgement, brotherhood, and forgiveness. The moment you allow scripture to justify hate, that's the moment you betray Christ.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 11:05 AM
Lookie here. We're getting preached to be a wannabe Texas lawyer. Anybody else find that ironic?

MiccoMacey
9/27/2006, 11:06 AM
The same way I see other quotes in scripture that are from another time, such as what animals man should eat, and how women must always cover their heads and faces when entering the church, and how women must not be allowed to speak in a church. Products of their time.

I believe in Christ and Christ's words -- words of healing, compassion, non-judgement, brotherhood, and forgiveness. The moment you allow scripture to justify hate, that's the moment you betray Christ.

I agree, but your interpretation of "non-judgement" is skewed I think. I can call a sin a sin. I just can't judge the man and say whether he's going to a hotter place when he dies. Homosexuality is wrong, according to God. I can say someone who practices that is going against God's will. I just can't say how God will treat him, because that's between he and God.

Hamhock
9/27/2006, 11:06 AM

you don't believe God hates sin ?

opksooner
9/27/2006, 11:08 AM
From JockBio.com. I'm not posting this to justify his past behavior(s), but an understanding of his past may shed some light.

GROWING UP

Terrell Eldorado Owens was born December 7, 1973, in Alexander City, Alabama. Terrell was the first son to his mother, Marilyn Heard. Only 17 at the time, she was the product of a dysfunctional family herself. Most of Marilyn's childhood was spent in fear and silence. Marilyn's mother, Alice, was cruel to her children, raising them in a confined environment with little love or support. Marilyn wasn't allowed to play with other children, and had to come home directly after school. If she didn't, she would pay the price in welts and bruises.

A man named L.C. Russell lived across the street with his wife and kids. Russell was 14 years older than Marilyn, but that didn't matter to either. She craved love and human contact, and he became the father of Terrell. Despite the awkward situation, Russell stayed in the neighborhood with his family.

Marilyn tried to keep her pregnancy a secret from her mother and stepfather, but could only do so for only so long. One night Marilyn's younger sister ran away to live with an aunt. She remained at home with Terrell, who was just a baby.

After Terrell, Marilyn had a girl named Latasha. She was married to the infant's father for a brief time. Then in the early 80's came two more babies—Sharmaine and Victor—fathered by another man.

Terrell often stayed with his grandmother Alice. She was as hard on him as she was on Marilyn. Alice gave him a bike but he could only ride it in the yard. Terrell was permitted no spare time with his friends and couldn't watch TV. He was also whipped regularly. For all the abuse, however, Terrell loved Alice, viewing her as a second mother.

When Terrell was young, Alice's marriage fell apart and she began drinking heavily. The youngster often had to take care of her until she sobered up. One time Alice was so intoxicated, she put her purse in the oven and burned up all her money. Ironically, Alice seemed to lighten up as her alcohol problem worsened. She even bought Terrell a go-cart, which they would drive on the highway.

When Terrell turned 12, he befriended a girl across the street. Her father noticed and confronted him, warning Terrell that the girl was actually his half-sister. Thus the youngster learned who his father was.

To escape his tortured home life, Terrell became immersed in sports. Basketball, baseball and swimming were his favorites. He also loved football, idolizing San Francisco star Jerry Rice. He played despite stark opposition from Alice. Marilyn, by contrast, supported her son completely, knowing sports made him happy.

Marilyn bounced from job to job, and often found herself back in Alice’s house with Terrell. Her other children hated it there, however, so she eventually moved with them into a beat-up two-bedroom home. Terrell stayed with Alice because there simply wasn’t room for him in the cramped dwelling.

Terrell’s athletic career began to blossom when he entered Benjamin Russell High School in the fall of 1988. During his career, he lettered four times in football and track. Plus he accumulated three letters in basketball and one in baseball. Terrell actually didn't start for the football team until his senior year. He even thought about quitting the sport, but his coaches talked him out of it. They say great talent in him, even if he didn’t yet.

Tall, lanky and exceedingly fast, Terrell had the skills to play Division I football. But recruiters were slow to scout him. In fact, many got their first look at him only because they were watching teammates who were also excellent prospects. Few schools pursued Terrell as aggressively as the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The coaches there had no problem with Terrell becoming a multi-sport star. For the teenager, the opportunity to compete in more than one sport at the college level was a major selling point.

william_brasky
9/27/2006, 11:10 AM
Eldorado is a friggin' sweet middle name.

opksooner
9/27/2006, 11:12 AM
Eldorado = the gilded one. Yeah, riiiiiiiight!

sooneron
9/27/2006, 11:14 AM
Eldorado is a friggin' sweet middle name.
No ****!

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 11:24 AM
you don't believe God hates sin ?

I must have missed the whole "pole smoker" language in the 10 Commandments, or condemnation of gays in the gospels of Christ. The rest -- such as women not being allowed to speak in church -- I chalk up to men talking, not God.

tbl
9/27/2006, 11:26 AM

Look dude, you cannot change what the Bible says. Think about it; if Paul were merely addressing something that was a product of his time, he wouldn't have spoken negative about homosexuality. Homosexuality was acceptable in the Greek and Roman cultures, therefore why would Paul point out the sinfullness of it?

You're also mixing the OT & NT. All the dietary restrictions are found in the OT law, not the NT law of grace.

tbl
9/27/2006, 11:30 AM
I must have missed the whole "pole smoker" language in the 10 Commandments, or condemnation of gays in the gospels of Christ. The rest -- such as women not being allowed to speak in church -- I chalk up to men talking, not God.
I agree that derogatory terms like that have no place coming from a Christian. However I don't know many guys on this board that claim to be Bible thumpers like I do. ;)

If you're going to chalk some of the Bible up to men talking rather than God, then you have a very weak foundation. Either the Bible is the Word of God or it's the words of men... it can't be both. You can't pick and choose which Scriptures you like and which you don't. You either accept it as a whole or reject it.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 11:30 AM
Look dude, you cannot change what the Bible says. Think about it; if Paul were merely addressing something that was a product of his time, he wouldn't have spoken negative about homosexuality. Homosexuality was acceptable in the Greek and Roman cultures, therefore why would Paul point out the sinfullness of it?

You're also mixing the OT & NT. All the dietary restrictions are found in the OT law, not the NT law of grace.

If you want to talk the New Testament, quote the passage in the gospels where Christ justifies hate against homosexuals, or justifies hate and judgement of any kind. I don't give a damn what Paul said. He was a man. He also said women should never speak in church. Whatever.

I care about what Christ said.

sooner_born_1960
9/27/2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah. Only quote the books of the Bible that I approve of.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 11:34 AM
I agree that derogatory terms like that have no place coming from a Christian. However I don't know many guys on this board that claim to be Bible thumpers like I do. ;)

If you're going to chalk some of the Bible up to men talking rather than God, then you have a very weak foundation. Either the Bible is the Word of God or it's the words of men... it can't be both. You can't pick and choose which Scriptures you like and which you don't. You either accept it as a whole or reject it.

No, I accept the gospels of the New Testament. I don't believe that the instructions to the church in the years after Christ were the words of Christ. Christ himself constantly chastized and corrected the apostles for their lapses in logic, wisdom and compassion. Christ dies and suddenly they all become infallible? No. They still sinned and erred after Christ's death. If you don't think so, then you need to keep your wife, mother, sisters and daughters for speaking or singing the next time you go to mass.

Penguin
9/27/2006, 11:37 AM
How did this turn into a "God hates fags" thread?

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 11:39 AM
Getting back to the topic at hand...

If Owens was groggy and lethargic when the first responders arrived, might it be possible that he didn't understand the question of whether or not he was trying to harm himself?

soonerlaw
9/27/2006, 11:42 AM
Lookie here. We're getting preached to be a wannabe Texas lawyer. Anybody else find that ironic?

Hell Yeah. I do. ;)

tbl
9/27/2006, 11:43 AM
If you want to talk the New Testament, quote the passage in the gospels where Christ justifies hate against homosexuals, or justifies hate and judgement of any kind. I don't give a damn what Paul said. He was a man. He also said women should never speak in church. Whatever.

I care about what Christ said.
Wow.... So you think the NT is just the four Gospels??? I've never seen a Christian say they don't care what

Even if you do take the four Gospels and only listen to the words of Christ, you're still missing the point. Christ CONSISTENTLY condemned sinners. He was sent to pay the penalty for sin and He is also the judge of sin.

To say that we as Christians are not supposed to discern sin is ridiculous. Christ commanded us how to deal with brothers in sin.
Matthew 18:15 "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.
16 But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Expulsion from the Church is a pretty severe thing to do, but Christ commanded us to do so.

Look at Christs condemnation of the pharisees and see how light he was on sin. Look at how many more times he spoke of hell and judgment than he did of heaven and reward. All of this He spoke so that people would turn from their sin and turn to him.

If we don't confront sinners with the reality of sin, they have nothing to repent of, therefore there is no need for a savior.

Homosexuality IS a sin, and to say otherwise is to do what you have done; completely disgregard the clear teachings of the Bible.

tbl
9/27/2006, 11:45 AM
No, I accept the gospels of the New Testament. I don't believe that the instructions to the church in the years after Christ were the words of Christ. Christ himself constantly chastized and corrected the apostles for their lapses in logic, wisdom and compassion. Christ dies and suddenly they all become infallible? No. They still sinned and erred after Christ's death. If you don't think so, then you need to keep your wife, mother, sisters and daughters for speaking or singing the next time you go to mass.

All of Christs corrections of the apostles were given before they had received the Holy Spirit. Try reading Acts some time to get some insight into how the Church was formed by the resurrected Christ.

Unbelievable...

tbl
9/27/2006, 11:48 AM
How did this turn into a "God hates fags" thread?
Send your thanks to the new horn... I'm done now.

Penguin
9/27/2006, 11:51 AM
I sure wish I had his problems. :rolleyes:

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 11:57 AM
All of Christs corrections of the apostles were given before they had received the Holy Spirit. Try reading Acts some time to get some insight into how the Church was formed by the resurrected Christ.

Unbelievable...

Try putting your hand over your mother's mouth the next time she goes to church, and make sure she covers her head.

That's unbelievable, too.

GrapevineSooner
9/27/2006, 12:03 PM
Can we get back to the topic at hand? :mad:

There should be some rule that Horns or Trolls Dressed as Horns are not allowed to threadjack.

Except for Lid, ATH, and caphorns.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 12:04 PM
Wow.... So you think the NT is just the four Gospels??? I've never seen a Christian say they don't care what

Even if you do take the four Gospels and only listen to the words of Christ, you're still missing the point. Christ CONSISTENTLY condemned sinners. He was sent to pay the penalty for sin and He is also the judge of sin.

To say that we as Christians are not supposed to discern sin is ridiculous. Christ commanded us how to deal with brothers in sin.
Matthew 18:15 "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.
16 But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Expulsion from the Church is a pretty severe thing to do, but Christ commanded us to do so.

Look at Christs condemnation of the pharisees and see how light he was on sin. Look at how many more times he spoke of hell and judgment than he did of heaven and reward. All of this He spoke so that people would turn from their sin and turn to him.

If we don't confront sinners with the reality of sin, they have nothing to repent of, therefore there is no need for a savior.

Homosexuality IS a sin, and to say otherwise is to do what you have done; completely disgregard the clear teachings of the Bible.

Christ was without sin, hence he had the standing with which to render judgement. What human has such standing? Where did Christ condemn homosexuals, or state it was okay to persecute them? These are people, they are God's children. Mind your own house before you start condenming others, or using the words of Christ to justify your hate.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 12:07 PM
this has officially become a south oval topic. Time to move it.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 12:10 PM
this has officially become a south oval topic. Time to move it.
testing forum please.

Okla-homey
9/27/2006, 12:12 PM
Christ was without sin, hence he had the standing with which to render judgement. What human has such standing? Where did Christ condemn homosexuals, or state it was okay to persecute them? These are people, they are God's children. Mind your own house before you start condenming others, or using the words of Christ to justify your hate.

Look Slappy, even when Christ interceded on behalf of the woman caught in adultery who was about to be stoned to death for her sin, his parting words to her were..."Go, and sin no more." That last bit is the part you libs always leave off when attempting to impute and imply Christ's acceptance of sinful lifestyles. Sheesh.

sanantoniosooner
9/27/2006, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that all religions would unite to give TO another bottle.

StoopTroup
9/27/2006, 12:14 PM
I sure wish I had his problems. :rolleyes:
If I had his problems...

I'd get me one of those gold toophs...

http://www.4billybobteeth.com/images/orig_gold.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
9/27/2006, 12:19 PM
Dark. Too dark for me.

Texas Law Student
9/27/2006, 12:23 PM
Look Slappy, even when Christ interceded on behalf of the woman caught in adultery who was about to be stoned to death for her sin, his parting words to her were..."Go, and sin no more." That last bit is the part you libs always leave off when attempting to impute and imply Christ's acceptance of sinful lifestyles. Sheesh.

I voted for Bush. Republcian Texan and all that.

Christ wasn't defending prostitution. He was chastising others for their hate and judgement. There's a lot of that in this thread, especially towards T.O.

You go forth and sin no more, and root that hate and judgement out of your heart.

OCUDad
9/27/2006, 12:42 PM
"Lucky Man"-Emerson, Lake and PalmerThis post is proof of something -- I'm just not sure what.

Oh, and TO -- great career move.

VeeJay
9/27/2006, 12:59 PM
Is this going to generate as much interest as Paris Hilton's DUI?

StoopTroup
9/27/2006, 01:03 PM
Is this going to generate as much interest as Paris Hilton's IUD?
fixed.

YWIA. :D

tbl
9/27/2006, 01:05 PM
When did Christ condemn rapists?? I suppose since He was silent on the issue, we can assume that rape is okay. Beastiality must be acceptable too...:rolleyes:

What you're not getting is what He COMMANDED US TO DO. Obviously He was without sin, but He didn't leave us here to just wink at every sin out there. He left a shining example and explicit commands, yet you seem to ignore that. Apparently the Bible is only good in the parts that you think are good. You even ignore many parts of the 4 Gospels which you claim to believe. Like I said, unbelievable.

Guys - Please move this to the SO. It doesn't need to be here on the football board since it's turned into a religious debate. I apologize for it going this way.

Norm In Norman
9/27/2006, 01:14 PM
Did you guys read that article? I'm pretty sure the second page was written by a 2nd grader.

william_brasky
9/27/2006, 01:26 PM
This could be one of the worst threads of all-time.

http://insidethepitbox.com/graphics05/larrycablelg.jpg

If it wasn't before, it might just be now.

Git 'R Done!

tbl
9/27/2006, 01:27 PM
That should be the nail in the coffin. Thank you!

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 01:34 PM
Moved from the football board.

And just to recap:

Most of us think TO is a POS. Some of us even wish he'd have done the job right. A couple don't care. One or two think we're all the anti-Christ because we're not all "give TO your love, not your disgust." But you can be your own judge. Me? **** him, feed him fish heads.

The
9/27/2006, 01:41 PM
"Fish head, fish heads...rolley polley fish heads...fish heads, fish heads...eat them up, yum!"

Beef
9/27/2006, 01:50 PM
Will we ever be able to give a thread negative stars?

Fugue
9/27/2006, 02:05 PM
Will we ever be able to give a thread negative stars?

this brings up an important question.

Bugs Bunny is clearly acting like a gay hair dresser when he is styling that big red hairballs hair before using dynomite as curlers and blowing him up. Question, would there be outrage at Bugs Bunny if this sort of anti-pc cartoon was made today?

discuss

Crimson_Balls
9/27/2006, 02:25 PM
I've been reading this thread since its conception on the Football Board...I have to admit that it belongs in the SO now.

Spek to tbl for putting this bullsh*t in its proper place.

CatHunter
9/27/2006, 02:27 PM
I'm gay. There. I said it.

C&CDean
9/27/2006, 02:31 PM
I'm gay. There. I said it.

Roger that Captain Obvious.

pb4ou
9/27/2006, 02:34 PM
While driving to school last night, I was listening to one of the Dallas local sports stations and the host was re-playing a interview from the Terrell Owens show (a radio segment show done by a florida espn guy whom interviews Owens every week)

The host plays a clip for Owens where Hall of Fame member Mean Joe Green was totally ripping on the selfishness of Owens. Owens said that he didn't care what Mean Joe was saying, but this made me think maybe after a few days the thoughts of Mean Joe's words couldn't get out of Terrell's mind.

Discuss...

Scott D
9/27/2006, 03:14 PM
I rule for my most awesome threadjack :)

tbl
9/27/2006, 03:24 PM
No joke! This all started with your pole smoker comment. Nice move... ;)

It now looks like the publicist knee jerked. I'm assuming this publicist will now be looking for a replacement client. Now everybody can get back to openly hating TO like they did before and stop feigning pity... cept Norm and Dean. They stuck to their guns, even when they thought he was trying to off himself. Brazen!

I'm a Cowboys fan (refrain from the neg spek), but I was none too thrilled with his acquisition. I just hope he scores a lot of TD's, gains a lot of yards, and keeps his trap shut.

Stoop Dawg
9/27/2006, 04:14 PM
I agree with Dean about TO.

I still have no idea how Christians decide which parts of the Bible are "for real" and which are not. 1 Corinthians is in the NT, right? Weird.