PDA

View Full Version : Where will they move The Pride in 07?

SeattleOUstudent
9/26/2006, 09:59 PM
A new Big XII Conference rule requires schools to move their bands from behind the opposing team's bench starting in 2007;[2] no decisions have been made concerning the 2007 seating configuration.

Move to the North or South endzone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaylord_Family_Oklahoma_Memorial_Stadium

SoonerStud615
9/26/2006, 10:14 PM
north. south has the handicapped section which would put them farther from the field.

booomer
9/26/2006, 10:16 PM
I say north too. The south end is so loud already with the jumbotron.....I doubt the band will want to sit there.

SoonerStud615
9/26/2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah i sat in the south endzone for the first time at the game against washington. i didnt like it near as much as ay other seat in the stadium. you lose a lot of sound out of there, and the scoreboard was way too loud over there. so i was hearing the wrong kind of noise. oh well, thank goodness my season tickets are on the west side...

afs
9/26/2006, 10:26 PM
seeing what Joe C. has done in the past, I'd imagine they get put in the south endzone. Waaaaaay up in the upper east corner.

SeattleOUstudent
9/26/2006, 10:40 PM
seeing what Joe C. has done in the past, I'd imagine they get put in the south endzone. Waaaaaay up in the upper east corner.

Kinda like the OSU band. :)

GottaHavePride
9/26/2006, 11:37 PM
If I had a say, they'd be in the NW corner, sitting right over the tunnel. That way the whole stadium could hear them, and they'd still be pointed directly at the opposing bench AND student section.

That said, yeah, they'll probably stick them on the south end of the west upper deck.

badger
9/26/2006, 11:42 PM
put em on the sideline, ou-tx style. who cares if they can't see the game? they should be watching the drum major, instead! :D

GottaHavePride
9/26/2006, 11:45 PM
Come to think of it, they probably WILL find some way to squeeze the band on the sidelines so they can sell more tickets.

OUTrumpet
9/27/2006, 01:08 AM
Come to think of it, they probably WILL find some way to squeeze the band on the sidelines so they can sell more tickets.

That's what Big 10+1 schools do...

But from what they're saying is that it's still not a sure thing. Several schools are against this, with OU being one of them. They won't let the band taunt the team (:rolleyes: ) and Joe C really likes that. He doesn't want to imagine the kind of hell the student section would cause there, because that's who would move in. It could come up with another Ruf/Nek vs F'in Hillbilly situation very easily.

They've said if the legislation holds, the band will move one section to the north, or directly behind the north end zone, as both have very convient entrances to the field for the band.

They won't move to the south end zone, the band can't cross behind the player's benches after pre-game.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2006, 08:33 AM
They won't move to the south end zone, the band can't cross behind the player's benches after pre-game.

True, but they COULD re-write pre-game drill to exit the field to the south and eliminate that problem.

Not saying they will, but they could.

KaiserSooner
9/27/2006, 09:57 AM
I'd prefer the south endzone. That way, they'd be facing more people, and more fans in the stadium will be able to hear them....ie, both east and west sides, as well as the north endzone.

Beyond that, I'd go for either of the corners.

mrowl
9/27/2006, 10:05 AM
among some students I know, they all say that the pride and the students are moving to the south end zone.

which would make sense. That way more seats would be for sale at a premium.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 10:35 AM
they'll build a little orchestra pit outside the stadium for the band.....it'll be Britt's wet dream come true.

SeattleOUstudent
9/27/2006, 01:10 PM
Should have titled this thread "How will Brian Britt ruin OU football games for me in 07?"

fadada1
9/27/2006, 01:16 PM
Should have titled this thread "How will Brian Britt ruin OU football games for me in 07?"
be careful, or they'll put them in the o'connells parking lot.

Dio
9/27/2006, 03:36 PM
What does the big XII do for us, again?

OUstud
9/27/2006, 07:48 PM
Ghey. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're a D-1 athlete, and you are bothered by a marching band, then I don't know what to tell you.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/27/2006, 11:19 PM
I kind of like the way Notre Dame places its band at home games, at field level, behind one corner of the end zone. The opposing team's band gets a corner at the opposite end zone.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but ND has a lot more room on their sidelines than we do. that's one of the things I like about our stadium - the crowd is damn near on the field.

badger
9/27/2006, 11:43 PM
well, they can always create an area on one of the open corners off the south endzone, right? :rolleyes:

I see them taking a few stand rows, and bleachers down to the field, so that part of the band is in the stands, and part is on the field. That way, there's more seats for rich donors, and less for freeloading students :stunned:

prrriiide
9/28/2006, 01:44 AM
True, but they COULD re-write pre-game drill to exit the field to the south and eliminate that problem.

Not saying they will, but they could.

NEVER!!!!!

If the BigXII want to change a tradition dating back longer than most of the fans have been alive, I say F-EM!!

What are they going to do? OU brings more money into the conference than any other school except maybe texass, and we probably bring in more than they do. Tell them to fvck right off.

Little Kevy Cheeseberger is right at the top of the Items to be Flushed list right now anyway.