PDA

View Full Version : Aggies vs Tech

1991SOONER
9/26/2006, 05:58 PM
Anyone care to share your opinion about this game?

I'm thinking Aggies have the advantage being at Kyle Field, and Tech is not nearly as good as they were last year in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

A&M -- 24
Tech -- 13

SapulpaSooner
9/26/2006, 06:09 PM
Aggies 27

Tech 17

Readyfor8
9/26/2006, 06:29 PM
Aggies suck and the Raders suck. Aggie 13, TT 14.... BOOK IT!!!

1991SOONER
9/26/2006, 06:42 PM
Aggies suck and the Raders suck. Aggie 13, TT 14.... BOOK IT!!!

Can't hardly argue that both teams suck, but I'm hatin TT much more right now and wanting to see the Ags win.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/26/2006, 07:17 PM
Ags-2
Sand Ags-0

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2006, 07:21 PM
leach's comments about them not being real soldiers last year was priceless..then he said that tech would be a pirate school.

jbstrick
9/26/2006, 09:03 PM
leach's comments about them not being real soldiers last year was priceless..then he said that tech would be a pirate school.

http://www.patientvisitredesign.com/articles/coach_leach_goes_deep.html

goingoneight
9/26/2006, 09:04 PM
They should just fire him and let us take him back... I mean, what would they be missing, four to five more wins per year??? Woot.

jbstrick
9/26/2006, 09:08 PM
They should just fire him and let us take him back... I mean, what would they be missing, four to five more wins per year??? Woot.

You should read that article. He is worth the entertainment value alone.

:pop:

Octavian
9/26/2006, 09:13 PM
Tech already has a loss....A&M is undefeated and I don't want the Aggy delusion to be at a fever pitch when OU goes to Collie Station b/c TT is the best team Aggy will face before meeting us.

We'll get our own chance for revenge against Sand Aggy...

I'm pullin' for Mike's Pirates.

critical_phil
9/26/2006, 09:25 PM
Tech already has a loss....A&M is undefeated and I don't want the Aggy delusion to be at a fever pitch when OU goes to Collie Station b/c TT is the best team Aggy will face before meeting us.

We'll get our own chance for revenge against Sand Aggy...

I'm pullin' for Mike's Pirates.

exactly.

sand pirates - 35
collie humpers - 20

Sco
9/26/2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah... I just don't see A&M getting out of this one... their talent is closer to OkSt... Tech is slightly better...

TTU - 27
ATM - 24

sooneron
9/26/2006, 10:32 PM
zorros - 31
sheep - 24

Jewstin
9/26/2006, 10:38 PM
0-0. Both are awarded losses and automatically removed from BCS calculations.

I despise both of these programs almost as much as I despise UT.

Jewstin
9/26/2006, 10:41 PM
Although, I *do* like Mike Leach ... crazy, but the good kind of crazy.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/27/2006, 12:14 AM
this will be a tough game. Our defense has improved but I'm not sure it is ready to take on tceh. I'm worried about this game. However, it doesn't seem to be the same tceh team as last year. But with Hicks back, maybe they'll be able to get that Air Raid going again. One thing is for sure, the 12th Man will be out for blood on Saturday. We are going to RATTLE young Harrell.

Fraggle145
9/27/2006, 12:37 AM
wouldnt it be better for us when we beat a 9-0 aTm at their house?

OKC-SLC
9/27/2006, 12:54 AM
tornado 2

tx also-rans 0

batonrougesooner
9/27/2006, 12:59 AM
I give the edge to ATM just on the home field and their hatred for Tech.

Wouldn't be surpirsed if Tech killed them though.

Looks like Tech remembered where they left their playbook after last week.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2006, 08:38 AM
this will be a tough game. Our defense has improved but I'm not sure it is ready to take on tceh. I'm worried about this game. However, it doesn't seem to be the same tceh team as last year. But with Hicks back, maybe they'll be able to get that Air Raid going again. One thing is for sure, the 12 fans we will have in the stands will be out for blood on Saturday. We are going to RATTLE young Harrell.

Can you guys spell any school's name correctly?

Let's see... there is... tu (which is not insulting, not insightful.. just.. stupid)... now tceh?... Do you call OU the "gooners?".. how about... lorBay?...

SOONERKAT
9/27/2006, 09:15 AM
I am pretty sure the "TCEH" reference has to do with the flag incident a few years back. I'm sure any ag you know would be more than willing to provide a pic.

Oh, and ags at home is probably a safe bet.

sooneron
9/27/2006, 09:16 AM
lorBay sounds like a nice place to vacation

MRNOTDUCKS
9/27/2006, 10:41 AM
http://img63.exs.cx/img63/5253/TCEH.jpg

http://people.consolidated.net/bkovar/BellRinger.gif

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2006, 11:26 AM
http://img63.exs.cx/img63/5253/TCEH.jpg

http://people.consolidated.net/bkovar/BellRinger.gif

lol.. those two things are funny.. gotta give you that.

PAW
9/27/2006, 11:32 AM
Fran hasn't beaten a 1-A school with a winning record since 2004 and was about 10 seconds from losing to Army last week.

Tech 23
A&M 17

toast
9/27/2006, 01:23 PM
I'll watch this game only if there's a promise for goal posts in the stands at the end of the game.

Luthor
9/27/2006, 02:47 PM
I look forward to watching the sheep humpers and the cotton choppers go at each other every year. It's just pure comedy relief. I understand tech has ordered in a 55 gallon drum of KY for the game. The sight of 2 dozen tech fans charging around the field like a rabid bull trying to draw a bead on aggy with that goal post projectile is still priceless.

Octavian
9/27/2006, 03:53 PM
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3428/agsdh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OUster
9/27/2006, 05:51 PM
Can you guys spell any school's name correctly?

Let's see... there is... tu (which is not insulting, not insightful.. just.. stupid)... now tceh?... Do you call OU the "gooners?".. how about... lorBay?...

Whoooaaaa there lid, this posts sounds a little more full of bile and venom than your usual posts. Get yelled at by a judge this morning or something? Why the hatred?

OldGuyinStudentSection
9/27/2006, 06:44 PM
How can Ag fans say their defense is improved? They've faced the 162nd toughest schedule so far this year. Yes, you read that correctly. There are over 40 D1-AA schools that have faced tougher schedules than Texas A&M.

Argggggggghhh 34
Fran's Phonies 27

MRNOTDUCKS
9/27/2006, 09:06 PM
The defense has improved because last year they gave up embarassing amounts of yardage to similar schools. (Texas State?) They aren't doing that this year. How that will translate to Big 12 play, we will find out on Saturday. But this defense has improved. I'm seeing things I didn't see last year like the secondary actually getting their hands on passes. Tackles after the catch. Just basic things the defense didn't know how to do last season. The 4-2-5 seems like it's going well so far.

arlington
9/27/2006, 10:53 PM
Texas State ran up big numbers last year because they were better than ANYONE A&M PLAYS THIS YEAR! The AG defense still has very little depth and team speed, which are killers against a team like Tech..Tech D is playing well against the one legit offense they have played(TCU) and with an experienced team that has allready had there coach go nuts on them, they wont be intimidated by Kyle field..

Tech-35
12th man-17

MRNOTDUCKS
9/28/2006, 09:05 AM
The Tech D did not play too well against UTEP.

Texas State better than the Sooners, Nebraska, texas, Texas Tech? C'mon!

Tear Down This Wall
9/28/2006, 09:37 AM
I can't really predict the outcome of the game, but with two ag schools playing one another, I put the over/under of bib overall wearers attending the game at 20,000.

http://www.workingclassclothes.com/images/overall.gif
A! Gig 'em Aggies!

http://www.raybial.com/portfolio/images/ppo-bibkids.jpg
Guns up! Go Raiders!

NOLARaider
9/28/2006, 11:24 AM
Tech has potentially the most explosive O we've put on the field but it has had some [cough] problems getting uncorked.

Hopefully Jarrett Hicks return will loosen things up in the mighty ag secondary.

Fran is going to throw the kitchen sink at the Raiders this weekend. A loss by the aggroids will dispell any illusions they might have about an improving team this year. Fran's longterm outlook becomes illusory as well with a loss.

It's gonna be entertaining, regardless of the outcome.

TexasLidig8r
9/28/2006, 12:06 PM
In honor of that great academic institution... Texas M & A

http://s88027846.onlinehome.us/ygga.mpg

Pepper
9/28/2006, 11:20 PM
I'm mad at Tech for acting like a bunch of jerks every time we play them, but I'd still like to see A&M get pushed around another year. Kick 'em when they're down, I say. We'll take care of Tech ourselves in Norman.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2006, 01:13 AM
For some reason, methinks the spirit of the 12th Man will be strong in helping the Ags to a win over the Red Rayduhs.
A&M 27, Tech 24.
BTW, Tech scored three points at TCU, which got throttled tonight at home by BYU. So what does that tell you?

humblesooner
9/29/2006, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=NOLARaider] Fran is going to throw the kitchen sink at the Raiders this weekend. QUOTE]

Just my opinion, but I kind of think Mikey is more of a "throw the kitchen sink at 'em" kinda guy.

Flagstaffsooner
9/29/2006, 02:34 PM
Lets just all get silly drunk this weekend and yell...
http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videoGoRaiders.html

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2006, 02:49 PM
In a NYT Magazine article... a great Leach-ism...
__________________________________________________ ______________
. . . The story also mentioned that the wife of an A&M assistant coach created a scene in the Jones AT&T Stadium skyboxes after Tech's victory, saying that she would rather live in College Station than Lubbock.

"First of all, we just beat them, 56-17," Leach said in the article. "By all rights, she should now be a Red Raider slave."
__________________________________________________ ______________
bwahahahahahahahahah.... :D

Luthor
9/29/2006, 03:12 PM
I'm thinking Fran may threaten to lock the gate again. Oh man, now this could get reeeeealy ugly. If JaPorker happens to stumble and land on a tech guy. Better yet, maybe a massive sword duel between the corp turds and Leach's pirate brigade. Plastic sabres flashing in the sun. I may pass up watching The Piano Guy on PBS just to see this clash of warriors.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/29/2006, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking Fran may threaten to lock the gate again. Oh man, now this could get reeeeealy ugly. If JaPorker happens to stumble and land on a tech guy. Better yet, maybe a massive sword duel between the corp turds and Leach's pirate brigade. Plastic sabres flashing in the sun. I may pass up watching The Piano Guy on PBS just to see this clash of warriors.

It is funny how the fat guy is the leading scorer in the nation. lol

1991SOONER
9/29/2006, 03:41 PM
I'll be rootin for the ags. I don't know how many of you know it but Tech can have some of the most classless jerks around. And extremely arrogant.

Funny thing is, they really have no basis for their arrogance...:confused:
Their school is 3rd tier (and not even highly ranked as a 3rd tier school).
Their football program has ZERO national titles and ZERO big 12 titles, no heismans, etc etc. Where does the arrogance come from???

I used to like Tech until I moved to Houston and been around some of them..

Gig 'em