PDA

View Full Version : AD Sweepstakes

Rhino
9/26/2006, 05:19 PM
Here I'll try to keep track of the crappiest teams in the NFL.

Since it's early, we'll just include the teams with zero wins. Trust me, Green Bay, Miami, Buffalo, San Francisco, Arizona - all of them (and more) have a chance to jump into the sweepstakes at some point this season.

Cleveland Browns
God, their running game is horrible. That's what happens when three centers get injured or retire, eh? Still, I'd love to see AD in Cleveland.
Current RB(s): Ruben Droughns

Houston Texans
Maybe they're realizing their draft mistake from this year?
Current RB(s): Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy, Domanick Davis

Oakland Raiders
It'd be cool to see AD in silver and black, but not while Al Davis is bungling up the team and rehiring old, failed coaches. Besides, they only draft wide receivers.
Current RB(s): Lamont Jordan, Justin Fargas

Tennessee Titans
They're just horrible all over the field. I don't see how AD's running style could fit here with them banking on VY at QB.
Current RB(s): Chris Brown, Travis Henry, Lendale White

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Will Gruden be there next year? They've taken a serious slide since Super Bowl XXXVII. Carnell is too young for them to throw him to the wayside.
Current RB(s): Carnell Williams

Detroit Lions
Martz's system would be an odd fit. Kevin Jones is still young and they like him. Besides, they only draft wide receivers.
Current RB(s): Kevin Jones

Kansas City Chiefs
Highly unlikely they'd draft a RB even if they got first pick with LJ in the backfield. Probably would trade it away.
Current RB(s): Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett

AllAboutThe'O'
9/26/2006, 05:54 PM
My money's on the Texans.

Sooner_Bob
9/26/2006, 06:21 PM
Here I'll try to keep track of the crappiest teams in the NFL.

Since it's early, we'll just include the teams with zero wins. Trust me, Green Bay, Miami, Buffalo, San Francisco, Arizona - all of them (and more) have a chance to jump into the sweepstakes at some point this season.

Cleveland Browns
God, their running game is horrible. That's what happens when three centers get injured or retire, eh? Still, I'd love to see AD in Cleveland.
Current RB(s): Ruben Droughns

No way I'd want him to have to suffer in Cleveland.

Houston Texans

Oakland Raiders
It'd be cool to see AD in silver and black, but not while Al Davis is bungling up the team and rehiring old, failed coaches. Besides, they only draft wide receivers.
Current RB(s): Lamont Jordan, Justin Fargas

I could settle for the Texans, but the Raiders flat out suck.

Tennessee Titans
They're just horrible all over the field. I don't see how AD's running style could fit here with them banking on VY at QB.
Current RB(s): Chris Brown, Travis Henry, Lendale White

I'm a huge Jeff Fisher fan and have been an "Oiler" fan forever. I could see AD as a Titan. A newer version of Eddie George if you will.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Will Gruden be there next year? They've taken a serious slide since Super Bowl XXXVII. Carnell is too young for them to throw him to the wayside.
Current RB(s): Carnell Williams

Detroit Lions
Martz's system would be an odd fit. Kevin Jones is still young and they like him. Besides, they only draft wide receivers.
Current RB(s): Kevin Jones

Kansas City Chiefs
Highly unlikely they'd draft a RB even if they got first pick with LJ in the backfield. Probably would trade it away.
Current RB(s): Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett

Sheesh . . . the Bucs, Lions or Chiefs . . . that's pretty much pick your poison.

Personally, I'd love to see AD in a Steeler uniform. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2006, 06:24 PM
I would not be surprised if the Jets dont end up in that mix

Readyfor8
9/26/2006, 06:26 PM
San Fran baby... 1-2 and this year if we play the texans on the last game for the first pick I will personnally fire bomb the stadium if San Fran ever gets ahead.

mrowl
9/26/2006, 06:27 PM
Houston Texans

ahhhh, the conspiracy comes together. I see houston winning the sweepstakes.

OUfan7
9/26/2006, 06:29 PM
I would love for him to become a Titan just so I could watch him in person at least 8 times per year. Yes, I am biased because I live in Nashville. The Titans O-line sucks big time though.

Sco
9/26/2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe if the Panthers keep sucking it up AD can go to my team...

'Cept Steve Smith is back from injury.... so probably not...

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/26/2006, 07:29 PM
I dont care where he goes, but I thought the Packers would be in the mix?

SelmaBamaFan
9/26/2006, 08:17 PM
I get the feeling the Texans are a young team that might explode soon with a couple of good drafts.

Seeing AD there would be awesomeness.

I also think they didnt draft Bush because they want an AD type of back (physical). He'd fit right in to that system IMO.

umberto
9/26/2006, 08:19 PM
The Texans getting AD makes sense. They could try a little ball control to keep the ball out of Manning's hands for a change.

momark
9/26/2006, 08:50 PM
icould see {wishfull thinking} the RAMS trading a couple of 1st round picks for several yrs to come just so we could move up and capture us some AD

westcoast_sooner
9/26/2006, 09:33 PM
I'm betting he ends up with the Lions. Steve Owens and Billy Sims both played for them and they don't have a good ground game. I'd rather see him in Dallas with TRRW, though.

The Maestro
9/26/2006, 09:39 PM
How could anyone dare want AD in the backfield with Wonderlic boy? That would be annoying as hell!

If the Raiders could, and I don't mean this bad, get Al Davis to pass on to another world, sign a real quarterback and get AD, man, I think he could totally resurrect that entire organization on his own.

Rhino
10/5/2006, 04:39 PM
UPDATE!!!!

Still in the hunt:
Tennessee Titans (0-4)
Detroit Lions (0-4)
Oakland Raiders (0-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-3)

Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs all lose momentum by winning last weekend.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 04:42 PM
i see a team that is good but in need of a rb trading up to get him...jets, panthers....if addai doesnt work out in indy i wouldnt be surprised to see them make a move

Rogue
10/5/2006, 04:54 PM
The Titans are selling out to win the AD lottery. Naming VY as the starter convinced me. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Nashville myself. It's just a few hours from here and a great road trip. Texans and Raiders are the next most likely at this point. Detroit will surprise a few folks.

My longshot = Buffalo.

mikeb
10/5/2006, 05:21 PM
I guess da bears are out of the question. huh?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 05:23 PM
I guess da bears are out of the question. huh?

not really.....if they dont win the SB or are ousted out of the playoffs due to lack of running game, they could make a couple of moves up the list and get AD....teams that are contending realize that the window of being a contender/SB winner closes rather rapidly and will want someone who can step in right away and be a difference maker.

birddog
10/5/2006, 05:52 PM
icould see {wishfull thinking} the RAMS trading a couple of 1st round picks for several yrs to come just so we could move up and capture us some AD
you're not high on stephen jackson? he's a pretty big, physical back and they're pretty happy with him.

Rhino
10/9/2006, 11:45 AM
UPDATE!!!!

The teams remain the same:

Tennessee Titans (0-5)
Detroit Lions (0-5)
Oakland Raiders (0-4)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-4)

Tennessee and Tampa Bay came dangerously close to winning a ball game this week.

KC//CRIMSON
10/9/2006, 11:49 AM
I still say San Francisco. He would look f-ing fantastic in Cardinal Red and Metallic Gold.