PDA

View Full Version : Persons knowledgeable about Cingular

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:38 PM
It is my understanding that if you have a Cingular cell plan you can call any other Cingular customer for free. I believe they call this Mobile to Mobile.

However (from the Cingular web site):

Minutes will be depleted according to usage in the following order: night and weekend minutes, mobile to mobile minutes, anytime minutes and rollover minutes.

Does this mean that if I had a plan with 5000 night and weekend minutes I would lose minutes talking to other Cingular customers until all 5000 minutes had been used up? That succs.

Also:

Final month's charges are not prorated.

Bitches. :mad:

Petro-Sooner
9/26/2006, 04:40 PM
Just another reason why I dont do cell phones. :twinkies: :D

TopDaugIn2000
9/26/2006, 04:41 PM
if you call a cingular customer during the day it is a M2M call

if you call a cingular customer in the evening/weekend it's a N/WE Call

Rollover minutes are used if you go over the 5000 or the daytime minutes, and expire after 1 year. (only daytime minutes roll over)

that's how I understand it anyway. I have over 2K rollover minutes stacked up, so I don't worry about anything.

yermom
9/26/2006, 04:45 PM
sometimes the rules change if you are out of your home calling area as well, that might just be Sprint though

so mdk is finally getting a phone? ;)

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:45 PM

I'm trying my best to resist that tidal wave, but it's becoming really inconvenient when everybody assumes they can call you whenever the hell they want instead of planning ahead.

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:47 PM
so mdk is finally getting a phone? ;)

Not if I can help it.

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:52 PM
if you call a cingular customer during the day it is a M2M call

if you call a cingular customer in the evening/weekend it's a N/WE Call

So I should only call non-Cingular customers during nights and weekends and Cingular customers during the day. That's great. One of the reasons I was looking at Cingular is because all of my family has Cingular. But since I would mostly call them during N/W hours it doesn't matter.

****ing cell phones. And you know what else is annoying? Nobody else wears a watch anymore.

"What time is it?"

"Uhhh...." [fumbles in pocket/purse for cellphone]

Jebus. This country is one solar flare away from going to ****.

yermom
9/26/2006, 04:52 PM
i seriously am not sure how people got around without them...

BeetDigger
9/26/2006, 04:53 PM
I'm trying my best to resist that tidal wave, but it's becoming really inconvenient when everybody assumes they can call you whenever the hell they want instead of planning ahead.

As if anyone would want to call you. :texan:

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:55 PM
i seriously am not sure how people got around without them...

By calling somebody to cancel something before that person left their house and drove 30 minutes out and 30 minutes back to find your cancellation message on their answering machine. :mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2006, 04:56 PM
Just another reason why I dont do cell phones. :twinkies: :D Doing a cell phone. . .is that what people call phone secks these days?

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:56 PM
As if anyone would want to call you. :texan:

True. Why do you think I've gone so long without one? The N/W/M2M thing won't matter, because no way in hell will I use 5000 minutes a month.

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 04:57 PM
Doing a cell phone. . .is that what people call phone secks these days?

What do you think vibrate mode is for?

yermom
9/26/2006, 05:00 PM
By calling somebody to cancel something before that person left their house and drove 30 minutes out and 30 minutes back to find your cancellation message on their answering machine. :mad:

see?

there is also the "your directions suck, where the hell are you?" calls

it's also nice to text message Google for the number to the Wal-Mart in Emporia, Kansas to see how late their Lube/Tire Express is open on Sunday :eek:

yermom
9/26/2006, 05:01 PM
What do you think vibrate mode is for?

now we see what the real motivation is

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 05:25 PM
see?

By waiting until the last minute to call somebody to cancel, they've already left the house and wasted a lot of time even if they do have a cell phone. Plus, if they don't talk on the damn phone while they're driving (as 95% of the population doesn't have the brainpower to do safely) they're still not going to get the message until after they've already driven out to BFE. But nobody bothers to think about **** like that anymore because cell phones make you lazy.

Because of cell phones, people talk more and more and say less and less. I may go postal the next time I see some ******berry in the grocery store calling his wife who is TWO ASILES OVER to ask her which brand of salsa to get. How many times do you see people together at a restaurant--on dates even--talking to people on their phones instead of each other? If somebody ever calls me because he's bored and has nothing better to say than to tell me that he's at the laundromat folding his boxers I will hang up on him and kick him in the junk the next time I see him, so help me. I do not need to be notified that you are just leaving your house to come see me. Either I assumed you would be because that was the previously agreed-upon plan, or there is no plan and I'm either not at home or have no desire to see you on short notice*. And I really don't want a second call to tell me that you're "just pulling up". I don't need a 20-second warning before you get to the door.

*Unless hot monkey sex is involved.

TopDaugIn2000
9/26/2006, 05:38 PM
So I should only call non-Cingular customers during nights and weekends and Cingular customers during the day. That's great. One of the reasons I was looking at Cingular is because all of my family has Cingular. But since I would mostly call them during N/W hours it doesn't matter.

my parents have cingular, and I'm on the phone with them A LOT, at all hours. I've never even come remotely CLOSE to using my 5K N/W minutes. Daytime minutes to non-cingular customers is all you'll ever worry about. I have 450, and I've never gone over (did one month but my rollover minutes had me more than covered)

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 05:48 PM
my parents have cingular, and I'm on the phone with them A LOT, at all hours. I've never even come remotely CLOSE to using my 5K N/W minutes.

Yeah, 5000 minutes/month is almost three hours a day, and no way do I want to talk to my family that much. :D

9/26/2006, 06:12 PM
Cingular has given the best, continuous service I have yet to receive from a cellular service.

Cingular has given me the most completely odd, "explained on my invoice detail" charges I have yet to receive from a celluar service.

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 06:16 PM
Cingular has given me the most completely odd, "explained on my invoice detail" charges I have yet to receive from a celluar service.

Is this good or bad? :confused:

StoopTroup
9/26/2006, 06:19 PM
I'm getting ready to renew my plan with them.

SoonerBorn68
9/26/2006, 07:31 PM

Hey future oilfield boy, better get used to the idea of having a cell phone about your person 24/7. ;)

Petro-Sooner
9/27/2006, 11:58 AM
By waiting until the last minute to call somebody to cancel, they've already left the house and wasted a lot of time even if they do have a cell phone. Plus, if they don't talk on the damn phone while they're driving (as 95% of the population doesn't have the brainpower to do safely) they're still not going to get the message until after they've already driven out to BFE. But nobody bothers to think about **** like that anymore because cell phones make you lazy.

Because of cell phones, people talk more and more and say less and less. I may go postal the next time I see some ******berry in the grocery store calling his wife who is TWO ASILES OVER to ask her which brand of salsa to get. How many times do you see people together at a restaurant--on dates even--talking to people on their phones instead of each other? If somebody ever calls me because he's bored and has nothing better to say than to tell me that he's at the laundromat folding his boxers I will hang up on him and kick him in the junk the next time I see him, so help me. I do not need to be notified that you are just leaving your house to come see me. Either I assumed you would be because that was the previously agreed-upon plan, or there is no plan and I'm either not at home or have no desire to see you on short notice*. And I really don't want a second call to tell me that you're "just pulling up". I don't need a 20-second warning before you get to the door.

No trueer words were ever spoken.

Petro-Sooner
9/27/2006, 11:59 AM
Hey future oilfield boy, better get used to the idea of having a cell phone about your person 24/7. ;)

I know. Its only a matter of time. :texan:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/27/2006, 12:28 PM
Cingular has given the best, continuous service I have yet to receive from a cellular service.

this is one of the reasons that i couldn't wait to drop cingular. the problem is that i implemented half of those charges and knew exactly what their motivation was.

the actual marketing document for the regulatory program fee was titled "government allowed profit recovery" and it was originally $15. i was like "you expect them to pay this?" and they were like "we have their number hostage" and i was like "uh, LNP by november?". they knocked it down to $2.95 because they thought they could slip that through. its still by far the highest of the RFPs because at&t's costs were 40% higher than the other carriers. about the only thing that cingular carried over was that stupid fee.

Mjcpr
9/27/2006, 12:32 PM
the actual marketing document for the regulatory program fee was titled "government allowed profit recovery" and it was originally $15. i was like "you expect them to pay this?" and they were like "we have their number hostage" and i was like "uh, LNP by november?". they knocked it down to $2.95 because they thought they could slip that through. its still by far the highest of the RFPs because at&t's costs were 40% higher than the other carriers. about the only thing that cingular carried over was that stupid fee.

On behalf of all Cingular's customers, I say thanks for single-handedly reducing that charge for us.

StoopTroup
9/27/2006, 12:57 PM
I may ask to have this disclaimer added to every contract I sign from now on.

Thanks!

:pop:

SoonerInKCMO
9/27/2006, 02:13 PM

This is the rant I wish I would've written.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/27/2006, 02:20 PM
On behalf of all Cingular's customers, I say thanks for single-handedly reducing that charge for us.

my motivation had nothing to do with you, it was more centered around the inevitable emergency change that would have made me stay til 4 in the morning to unload the stupid thing out of production. there were hundreds of things that marketing would send to us to load that were ignorant. some of them benefited us so i let them through, like the mistake they made with the shareable plans that i posted on this board. some of them were offensive, like the "promotion to profiteer off the iraq war", etc...

Howzit
9/27/2006, 02:36 PM
I assume that by "my motivation had nothing to do with you, it was more centered around the inevitable emergency change that would have made me stay til 4 in the morning to unload the stupid thing out of production. there were hundreds of things that marketing would send to us to load that were ignorant. some of them benefited us so i let them through, like the mistake they made with the shareable plans that i posted on this board. some of them were offensive, like the "promotion to profiteer off the iraq war", etc..." you mean "**** off dip****!"

Mjcpr
9/27/2006, 02:38 PM
:les:I SAID ON BEHALF OF ALL CINGULAR'S CUSTOMERS!!!

:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/27/2006, 02:52 PM
I assume that by "my motivation had nothing to do with you, it was more centered around the inevitable emergency change that would have made me stay til 4 in the morning to unload the stupid thing out of production. there were hundreds of things that marketing would send to us to load that were ignorant. some of them benefited us so i let them through, like the mistake they made with the shareable plans that i posted on this board. some of them were offensive, like the "promotion to profiteer off the iraq war", etc..." you mean "**** off dip****!"

more along the lines of "i know its hard to believe, but these people really were that stupid"

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/27/2006, 02:56 PM
oh, and as an aside, the guy that got text messaging working on the at&t wireless system graduated from OU...