PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Soonerfans.com

colleyvillesooner
9/26/2006, 11:38 AM
Cause we're not Hornfans.com*

NEW RULE

Hopefully this one won't have to last more than a week, but a new phenomenon has cropped up on HornFans.

It seems to be the latest HornFans trend to post a "negative" thread title followed by a "positive" post, usually accompanied by bitching about the supposed bitchers.

There is already a rule that you are not to post responses to posts that do not exist in some sort of "anticipation" of expected posts. Respond to actual posts. Posts that violate the Posting Guidelines should be called to my attention via the Notify Moderator button .

In particular, this nonsense that Colt McCoy is somehow being bashed by this forum is ridiculous. If it is happening on another website :D, go "defend" him there. If you think it is happening here, call it to my attention via the Notify Moderator button . If you can't find an example, it means that it ISN'T HAPPENING. At least not to nearly the extend that a "defense" thread is necessary.

So, the rule is no thread titles that are intended as sarcasm. At least until this crap calms down. Jeez... this feels like late July -- the worst part of the offseason.

That place cracks me up. I wish Dean could hack LonghornGirlie's account and be a Mod there for a day. They would lose their ****.

*this is about a message board, not the whorns, thus, hopefully, not breaking NLT.

Ike
9/26/2006, 11:44 AM
heh. whorns don't get sarcasm.

Rhino
9/26/2006, 11:44 AM
oh man...

TexasLidig8r
9/26/2006, 11:48 AM
I suggested to Katie that they should have a No Sooner Thursday.. but, she sent back an email saying they were all big boys and girls there and the posters would take care of the malcontents...

then.. she baned me. :D

BeetDigger
9/26/2006, 11:53 AM
then.. she baned me. :D

Was it good?

AustinTXHorn
9/26/2006, 11:53 AM
Football board at HornFans has gotten un-****ing-readable. Nobody knows/talks about football there anymore. Any discussion is "they suck, we rule". I mentioned that Todd Blythe was a great WR that we would have problems with last week and it was met with a bunch of sarcastic comments.

The 40 Acres (pay) board on Orangebloods is about ten times better.

TexasLidig8r
9/26/2006, 11:55 AM
Was it good?

moooooo.......

yermom
9/26/2006, 11:55 AM
you have to be kidding about getting baned...

do we really have NHT these two weeks?

mrowl
9/26/2006, 12:16 PM
every day for them is "lets be unrealistic about our team and worship the longhorn nazi day" or... LBUAOTAWTLND

crawfish
9/26/2006, 12:18 PM
We need a little bar under our username that indicates how many times we've been baned from hornfans.

Me, three. But I haven't been there in years...

yermom
9/26/2006, 12:20 PM
i think i still have a troll account over there, but i have barely posted

TexasLidig8r
9/26/2006, 12:21 PM
We need a little bar under our username that indicates how many times we've been baned from hornfans.

Me, three. But I haven't been there in years...

Oh.. to match my three banings on here!

AustinTXHorn
9/26/2006, 12:26 PM
If you've ever posted on the basketball board there, you've probably gotten banned.

Widescreen
9/26/2006, 12:27 PM
We should have a "Who can get banned at HF.com in the fewest posts" contest. I wonder if it's possible to get banned in 0 posts? Maybe by signing up with a "HornsAreTheSuccAggiesSoonersRuleLonghornGirlieIsAN aziAndDyke" username.

crawfish
9/26/2006, 12:27 PM
Oh.. to match my three banings on here!

The last time I was baned, I just gently chided a poster about 63-14 and even added a winky. I like to think it takes a bit more to get baned here. :D

StoopTroup
9/26/2006, 12:28 PM
Football board at HornFans has gotten un-****ing-readable. Nobody knows/talks about football there anymore. Any discussion is "they suck, we rule". I mentioned that Todd Blythe was a great WR that we would have problems with last week and it was met with a bunch of sarcastic comments.

The 40 Acres (pay) board on Orangebloods is about ten times better.
yOU SUCK...WE RULE! :D

:pop:

TexasLidig8r
9/26/2006, 12:42 PM
The last time I was baned, I just gently chided a poster about 63-14 and even added a winky. I like to think it takes a bit more to get baned here. :D

lol.. I got a one day baning for referring to posters in general on the football board as "f'in' hillbillies."

And I always thought it was a term of endearment.

BigRedJed
9/26/2006, 12:57 PM
I think you should be banned for doing away with the longwhorn bowtie avatar, but that's just me.