PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone congratulated the Cowpukes for # 500 yet?.

stoopified
9/26/2006, 11:31 AM
They came into this season with 499 losses and needed one big L to reach #500.These stats are according to the College Football Data Warehouse.The sad thing is that the Pukes have only won 479.In Stoolwater however they count the 1972 forfeit OU gave them as a W so according to them they are currently 480-499.This does mean however that you still have time to congratulate your favorite Payne County Tractor Driving Academy fan on their big Milestone.I guess in all Fairness I should have said T.Boone Pickens Tractor Driving Academy.My bad.

T_Boner
9/26/2006, 11:39 AM
T. Booger Pickins hates you for this thread :D

badger
9/26/2006, 11:47 AM
here you go :D:D:D:D:D
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/kamaya7/imgs/1/f/1faf8246.jpg
(yes, real non-farked picture)
and another...
http://www.mvcr.cz/patrani/veci/00_08_29/veci_4/foto/500.jpg

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 12:23 PM
1972 forfeit OU gave them

What was that about? :confused:

OUMallen
9/26/2006, 12:29 PM
What was that about? :confused:

That's what I was going to ask...

NormanPride
9/26/2006, 12:42 PM
In the 70s, OU was ahead of its time. The NCAA then exerted its fascist grip on the enterprising Sooners.

:D

CtheB
9/26/2006, 12:47 PM
'72 was the year we had to forfeit games due to an ineligible player (Kerry Jackson)

OUMallen
9/26/2006, 12:48 PM
Which game was it where the band director was ejected from the game and the Pride played Boomer Sooner nonstop until OU came back and won? Do I have that quite right?

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/26/2006, 12:50 PM
Faggies...

NormanPride
9/26/2006, 12:56 PM
Which game was it where the band director was ejected from the game and the Pride played Boomer Sooner nonstop until OU came back and won? Do I have that quite right?

Yep. Was that the '82 game? I can't remember...

OUMallen
9/26/2006, 12:57 PM
Yep. Was that the '82 game? I can't remember...

what a cool story that is...

GottaHavePride
9/26/2006, 03:19 PM

It was 87 or 88. And they now use that as an excuse to be way too serious and hard-core about themselves since the director now was in the band for that game. DAMMIT! I said I wasn't gonna turn this into a Pride thread.

SoonerDood
9/26/2006, 03:35 PM
1983. Jimmy Johnson's last.

SamTheSham
9/26/2006, 04:14 PM
I was at that game, sitting alone in a section surrounded by aggy fans. By the time the game was over, the only people in the stadium were O.U. fans, the O.U. band, and the Sooner football team. I have never seen a stadium empty out so fast.

Sooner Magic strikes again!

stoopified
9/26/2006, 05:41 PM
What was that about? :confused:We used two frosh QB Kerry Jacson,DE Mike Philips who had their transcripts altered by their HS coaches so they would be eligible to play as frosh.OU asst (Bill Michaels,I think) knew of it.We forfeited three gmes in 1972 but NCAA put us on probation anyway.

goingoneight
9/26/2006, 09:11 PM
But of course... Screw-O-U. Is there any other rule in the NCAA Big Book of Laws???

crimson&cream
9/27/2006, 12:15 AM
But of course... Screw-O-U. Is there any other rule in the NCAA Big Book of Laws???
This incident is a great example of the innocents being punished and the guilty coming out OK. One coach ended up coaching in the Pros and the other opened a restrurant in Dallas.
Thats the biggest problem I have with the NCAA the guilty either get off light or all together, but those who had nothing to do with breaking NCAA rules get punished.
I once challenge a Denver Sports Talk show host to name me one person at OU who was guilty of any wrong doing after OU fired Michaels who had nothing to do directly with altering the transcripts , but didn't tell anybody at OU he knew what was being done by the HS coach. The host had remarked OU got what they richly deserved with the probation.
The talk show host said I was being absurd. So the next week his home town Hockey team was playing the Tulsa Oiler's, and he was doing the play by play, so I walk up to his broadcast booth and gave him a souvineer 7up Natl Championship( which OU won the NC during the probation) bottle and told him I was the person who he thought was being absurd and still disagreed with him then turned and walked away.:pop:

william_brasky
9/27/2006, 03:59 AM
so I walk up to his broadcast booth and gave him a souvineer 7up Natl Championship( which OU won the NC during the probation) bottle and told him I was the person who he thought was being absurd and still disagreed with him then turned and walked away.:pop:

remind me to never get in a disagreement with you. :texan:

Jason White's Third Knee
9/27/2006, 08:07 AM
They came into this season with 499 losses and needed one big L to reach #500.These stats are according to the College Football Data Warehouse.The sad thing is that the Pukes have only won 479.In Stoolwater however they count the 1972 forfeit OU gave them as a W so according to them they are currently 480-499.This does mean however that you still have time to congratulate your favorite Payne County Tractor Driving Academy fan on their big Milestone.I guess in all Fairness I should have said T.Boone Pickens Tractor Driving Academy.My bad.

That is just funny.