PDA

View Full Version : Records AD can and MOSTLY wil break at OU.

stoopified
9/26/2006, 10:43 AM
The most obvious of course is the career rushing record of 4118 yards by Billy Sims,AD at 3676 needs 443,should break it in 2-3 games.

He needs ( 2) 100 yard games to break the school Career record of 21 held by Steve Owens.

He needs (1) 200 yard game to break tie at (6) shared with Billy Sims.

CAREER CARRIES ,AD needs 283 to break Owen's record of 959, AD is averaging 29.3 a game and needs to average 31.4 in the next nine.An appearence in the CCG would lower the average to 28.3 carries a game needed.This would give AD 400 carries for the season and break the previous mark of 393 CARRIES IN A SEASON by Owens.

To break his own SINGLE SEASON RUSHING RECORD of 1925 yards,AD needs to average 142.6 yards which is below the 160.8 he is currently averaging a game.

Other records AD has a shot at include:Most career TDs(needs 25 to break Owens record of 57),this is a longshot.TDs in a season ,record(23) held by Owens and Sims;Adrian woul need 17 in his final 9-10 games.

Single-game records for rushing yards(294 by Pruitt) and TDs(6) by Q are possible but unlikely IMHO .IF AD breaks all the records that are easily in reach(barring injury) he will be considered by MOST OU fans to be the BEST RB EVER at OU.IF he breaks ALL the records mentioned there should be no doubt in anyones mind that he IS THE GREATEST RB at OU of all-time.

ADs_Agent
9/26/2006, 10:46 AM
if Peterson breaks the rushing record and the carries record then yes he will.

tbl
9/26/2006, 10:47 AM
No way he breaks Q's 6 TD record. However, if he were to do it, I hope he does it in the same venue.

boomrsoonr
9/26/2006, 10:54 AM
No way he breaks Q's 6 TD record. However, if he were to do it, I hope he does it in the same venue.

Yeah, 7 TDs against saxeT would be nice. So would 200 yards of rushing. ;)

SeattleOUstudent
9/26/2006, 10:55 AM
Man, and keep that in perspective. He is a Junior. He was out for 8 games due to injuries.....the man is amazing and should be considered the best RB in OU history if he finishes the season without injury.

SoonerInKCMO
9/26/2006, 11:11 AM
Bah. Billy Sims was better.

boomrsoonr
9/26/2006, 11:13 AM
Bah. Billy Sims was better.

His BBQ is better. Although I have to admit I haven't had any AD BBQ yet, but I have had some BBQ that lasted all day.

Sooner Born & Sooner Bred
9/26/2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, 7 TDs against saxeT would be nice. So would 200 yards of rushing. ;)

Ditto... Love to see that. Forsure.:P :mack: Hook 'em

Jason White's Third Knee
9/26/2006, 11:32 AM
I hope he mostly breaks a bunch of records.

Octavian
9/26/2006, 11:39 AM
if he came back for his senior year, he could break Ron Dayne's NCAA all-time rushing record (6,397)

Stoop Dawg
9/26/2006, 11:42 AM
How is he NOT #1 on everyone's Heisman list? There really isn't even a question who the BEST college football player in the country is this year.

badger
9/26/2006, 11:45 AM
if he came back for his senior year, he could break Ron Dayne's NCAA all-time rushing record (6,397)
ad has an nfl career ahead of him. ron dayne does not. should we really take this away from poor "great" dayne???

(as a pseudo badger fan, I can tell you there will be as many angry badger fans about ad stealing the record as there were texas fans angry about dayne stealing the record from ricky "pot" williams)

ah well--- if it's going to happen eventually anyway (and it will), it might as well be an OU player who does it :D

BermudaSooner
9/26/2006, 01:26 PM
Why would it be stealing Dayne's record if he broke it?

Salt City Sooner
9/26/2006, 01:46 PM
"He needs (1) 200 yard game to break tie at (6) shared with Billy Sims."
Billy had 7 such games.

magic33216
9/26/2006, 04:01 PM
I like AD the best, but it's just because he is my generation at OU, same as Q...anyway what is the NCAA record for single-season rushing yards?

ADs_Agent
9/26/2006, 04:13 PM
well Barry Sanders busted off over a 2500 yarder in his days so that's a good question.

stoopified
9/26/2006, 06:05 PM
Billy had 7 such games.You are right,my bad. AD needs one to tie,two to break.I think he will do it, OSU,TT,ISU , BU all have less than stellar run defense.I think IF AD gets in position to break the single-game TD or rushing records, Bob would give him the chnce to do it.MTSU might have been such a game IF the score had not been 45-0 at half.

Another boo-boo on my part AD has 36 career TDs so he only needs 22 to break Owen's TD record of 57.After a while all those numbers run together.That is one reason I dropped out of accounting many years ago.

OUfan7
9/26/2006, 06:14 PM
How is he NOT #1 on everyone's Heisman list? There really isn't even a question who the BEST college football player in the country is this year.

I thought Brady Quinn already had it sewn up.;)

PDXsooner
9/26/2006, 06:20 PM

no question, but the heisman's never been about that. jason white wasn't the BEST player either, but a desrving winner, nonetheless.

goingoneight
9/26/2006, 09:47 PM
How great would it be to see AD run wild on a toss sweep for a TD or ENA toss a TD pass to Kelly against UT first play OUr first possession.

I'm getting ahead of myself, here... hope we beat BYE before this all folds out...

picasso
9/26/2006, 09:52 PM
no question, but the heisman's never been about that. jason white wasn't the BEST player either, but a desrving winner, nonetheless.
yep. best season not best player.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2006, 11:43 PM
I thought Brady Quinn already had it sewn up.;)

I honestly heard some schmuck on the radio say his top 3 for the Heisman were Troy Smith, Chris Leak, and AD.

OK, I can at least see Troy Smith, but Chris Leak? WTF?

Salt City Sooner
9/27/2006, 01:28 PM
Leak's having a very good year so far. 63.6 completion %, 1,066 yds, 12 TD's to 4 picks. 4th in the nation in passing efficiency on a top 5 rated SEC team. Add all that into the fact that they've been slobbering all over him since he arrived on campus a few years back, & you've got a primo candidate.

SoonerPr8r
9/27/2006, 02:01 PM
I'm getting ahead of myself, here... hope we beat BYE before this all folds out...

Arent we playing at BYE this year???:D

The Maestro
9/27/2006, 02:44 PM
AD should be the hands down leader right now, but I would definitely have Chris Leak over Troy Smith. The numbers aren't even close and Leak has faced a strong defense in Tennessee. He won that game late on the road.

Like I have said...AD has more yards RUSHING in each of the last two games than Troy Smith has PASSING!! Troy makes one highlight play last week and all of the sudden two interceptions and only throwing for 115 yards is all of the sudden forgiven or overlooked.

I think it would be fun to see AD edge out the USC and Florida quarterbacks for the Heisman so the papers would read, "Peterson beats Booty, Leak".

boomrsoonr
9/27/2006, 02:59 PM
I think it would be fun to see AD edge out the USC and Florida quarterbacks for the Heisman so the papers would read, "Peterson beats Booty, Leak".

It may just say.......... "the Heisman finalist are, All-Day Booty Leak" (forgetting the correct punctuation). ;)