PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Bob, coach of the year

sooner n houston
9/26/2006, 10:15 AM
Yes, Pete and Mack are in the running as well!

http://www.coachoftheyear.com/index.aspx

boomrsoonr
9/26/2006, 10:19 AM
On Stoops bio, why do they only list these awards?

Produced a number of highly-awarded players including:
27 All-Americans
2 AP Players of the Year
2 Thorpe Award winners
1 Lombardi Award winner
~
If I remember correctly, there are a lot more awards during his tenure than that. Including 1 Heisman Trophy, and 2 Heisman Trophy runner-ups.

fadada1
9/26/2006, 10:26 AM
a buttkiss award winner as well.

soonerbabe90
9/26/2006, 01:52 PM
Actually 2 "butt-kiss" awards. See below.

Under Stoops, OU produced 27 All-Americans, two AP Players of the Year (Heupel, White), two Nagurski Award winners (Williams, Derrick Strait), two Thorpe Award winners (Williams, Strait), two Butkus Award winners (Rocky Calmus, Teddy Lehman), one Bednarik Award winner (Lehman), one Lombardi Award winner (Tommie Harris), one Walter Camp winner (Josh Heupel) two O’Brien Award winners (Jason White twice), a Maxwell Award winner (White), a Unitas Award winner (White), an Outland Trophy winner (Jammal Brown) and one Mosi Tatupu Award winner (J.T. Thatcher). OU has had a Butkus finalist in four of the last five years and a Lombardi finalist in three of the last four. The Sooners also had finalists for the Biletnikoff, Groza, Guy, Hendricks, Mackey and Doak Walker awards.

btw, I have actually met JT Thatcher. I met him at a bar in Norman. He let me try on his championship rings (2000 - big 12, national). It was pretty cool.

goingoneight
9/26/2006, 09:13 PM
I think Mike Gundy should win the Butt Kiss award, he seems to be doing very well given the arrogant bastard donor he has to keep happy.

It's a close one, though... Fran is really locking onto his AD's @$$ as well.

momark
9/26/2006, 10:28 PM
nice thread bro he got my vote today and every day here after

stuckinlubbock
9/27/2006, 01:17 AM
Don't forget all the head coaches he's produced ... four division one coaches in seven seasons right?

-Leach, TTU
-Mangino, KU
-Stoops, UA
-Long, SDSU