PDA

View Full Version : What is it with teenage girls?

achiro
9/26/2006, 08:59 AM
We have two young boys. We may try and have another kid at some point but haven't really decided for sure. When I meet a teenage girl I pretty much thank God that I have boys, and eliminate any thoughts of having another child for fear it would be a girl. So what is it with those girls around the 13-15 year old age. So many of them seem to have this ****ed off look...constantly. Oh, I take that back, when they are with girlfriends at the mall I see them smile but other than that they look like they'd rather rip someones head off with their bare hands than to have to share space with them.
Seriously, I am more skeert of a teenage girl than I am of the taliban.

Howzit
9/26/2006, 09:03 AM
Don't get me started.

:mad:

NormanPride
9/26/2006, 09:05 AM
You just have to know their codes. We've had them cracked for the past few years but they changed encryption and we're a bit lost right now.

I think Melo tipped them off.

TUSooner
9/26/2006, 09:10 AM
I have 2 of 'em, and I don't know NUTHIN. :O

IB4OU2
9/26/2006, 09:13 AM
Don't get me started.

:mad:

Me neither, I had two teenage girls but now that they're in their 20's they're starting to come to their senses. Their teenage years were very, very trying for me but now with both having less than a year to graduate from college they have matured and have realized Life is not all about them.

Btw, I love my girls more than anything in the world.

Okla-homey
9/26/2006, 09:21 AM
Teenage girls have driven more men (of all ages) to drink than any other form of human life.

just saying.

mrowl
9/26/2006, 09:22 AM
great... you guys are scaring me.

Mongo
9/26/2006, 09:24 AM
I have a boy on the way, thinking of getting snipped to prevent the chances of getting a girl. Kinda quit while I am ahead

Howzit
9/26/2006, 09:25 AM

You've got about 14 or 15 years, don't worry about it for now.

:D

C&CDean
9/26/2006, 09:29 AM
I'm tellin' y'all, estrogen is the debbil. God had to be really ****ed off at Adam to make Eve. Or has a really morbid sense of humor.

Okla-homey
9/26/2006, 09:30 AM

and as an added bonus, you get to pay for college and a wedding...and most "nice"* wedding estimates come in easily as much as four years at a state university!

*"Nice," as defined by the bride (and her mother,) is generally completely different from any reasonable nuptials conceptualization within the mind of straight men.

Tailwind
9/26/2006, 09:51 AM
Hey, I was once one of those teenage girls.......and I have to agree. Hormones are a cruel joke.

Pricetag
9/26/2006, 09:52 AM
I'm tellin' y'all, estrogen is the debbil. God had to be really ****ed off at Adam to make Eve. Or has a really morbid sense of humor.
What can I get for a rib?

Czar Soonerov
9/26/2006, 09:53 AM
Teen angst.

http://www.avril.cn/images/avril-lavigne-6.jpg

Osce0la
9/26/2006, 10:01 AM
Hey, I was once one of those teenage girls.......and I have to agree. Hormones are a cruel joke.
:eek:

yermom
9/26/2006, 10:02 AM
:hot:

BeetDigger
9/26/2006, 10:07 AM
The 8 year old is feeling her oats from time to time in terms of talking back to her mother and me. I am somewhat calm about it when she does that. Her mother, not so much.

Trying to to minimize the teenage years now.

Howzit
9/26/2006, 10:10 AM
The 8 year old is feeling her oats from time to time in terms of talking back to her mother and me. I am somewhat calm about it when she does that. Her mother, not so much.

Trying to to minimize the teenage years now.

Let me assure you, what is 'feeling her oats' at 8 will be 'cultivating a whole freakin section' by 15.

;)

Okla-homey
9/26/2006, 10:19 AM
Let me assure you, what is 'feeling her oats' at 8 will be 'cultivating a whole freakin section' by 15.

;)

f-that...she'll become the flippin' Quaker Oats d00d.

skycat
9/26/2006, 10:21 AM
and as an added bonus, you get to pay for college and a wedding...and most "nice"* wedding estimates come in easily as much as four years at a state university!

*"Nice," as defined by the bride (and her mother,) is generally completely different from any reasonable nuptials conceptualization within the mind of straight men.

I wish you would have talked to my Mother in Law.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/26/2006, 10:23 AM
I pray to God everyday that I don't have girls...but if I do, I pray to God they will become lesbian...hot lesbians like in the movies:D (that was I joke before I get ripped on here for being nasty!!!!) ...Knowing what I did in college and what boys do to get in to girls' pants is scary. Remember, it is fun when you do it, killer when your kids do it!

C&CDean
9/26/2006, 10:24 AM
God is good. God is great. God blessed me with 5 sons.

Amen.

NormanPride
9/26/2006, 11:01 AM
God is good. God is great. God blessed me with 5 sons.

Amen.

I often wonder if you would be the shining bastion of manhood you are if you'd had 5 girls.

phead903
9/26/2006, 11:03 AM
As the father of 2 teenage daughters (17 and 13), I can honestly agree with the statement:

"When you have boys, you only have to worry about 1 d***; when you have girls, you have to worry about all of them!"

I swear I am so lost about 1/2 the time trying to figure out what is going on with them and the 1/2 I do know what is going on scares the bejeesus out of me!

BeetDigger
9/26/2006, 11:10 AM

;)

I would like to think not, but sadly, I think it is a forgone conclusion.

VeeJay
9/26/2006, 11:14 AM
It don't get no better by the time they're 20 - not at my house, anyway.

Last night, my 6 year old daughter was calling me a "dweeb."

She's well on her way.

C&CDean
9/26/2006, 11:14 AM
I often wonder if you would be the shining bastion of manhood you are if you'd had 5 girls.

Hell no. I'd be a whimpering mass of flesh - covered with deep, bloody lacerations caused by an estrogen-laden whip. Like howzit.:twinkies:

Or else I'd be in prison for killing every single little ********** she brings home.

Howzit
9/26/2006, 11:15 AM
I would like to think not, but sadly, I think it is a forgone conclusion.

The only thing that gives me hope is when the guys like IB and Homey say they eventually get past it.

The upside is that I'm thinking Jr leaving for college won't be nearly as difficult as I once thought.

Howzit
9/26/2006, 11:17 AM
Hell no. I'd be a whimpering mass of flesh - covered with deep, bloody lacerations caused by an estrogen-laden whip. Like howzit.:twinkies:

I prefer the quirt, myself.

IB4OU2
9/26/2006, 11:21 AM
I prefer the quirt, myself.

Sorry friend but you'll be adding the "nuts in a vice" procedure soon.....:(

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/26/2006, 11:25 AM
Stanley bait heh

NormanPride
9/26/2006, 11:33 AM
*embarassed cough*

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2006, 12:13 PM
It don't get no better by the time they're 20 - not at my house, anyway.

Last night, my 6 year old daughter was calling me a "dweeb."

She's well on her way.My 6 year old niece was playing catch with her mom, who evidently can't catch as well as her dad. My brother comes out of the house just in time to hear "Mommy! Don't be such a p***y!!! I didn't throw it that hard."

achiro
9/26/2006, 12:29 PM
My 6 year old niece was playing catch with her mom, who evidently can't catch as well as her dad. My brother comes out of the house just in time to hear "Mommy! Don't be such a p***y!!! I didn't throw it that hard."
heh! It's hard as a parent when you know you should be scolding the kid but instead, you are holding back a laugh with everthing you've got.:D

Oh, and thanks for confirming that teenage girls are da debil.

mdklatt
9/26/2006, 12:32 PM
It's hard as a parent when you know you should be scolding the kid but instead, you are holding back a laugh with everthing you've got.:D

I imagine this happens a lot in the Soonerov household.

NormanPride
9/26/2006, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I bet Czar says tons of funny shiat. ;)

Vaevictis
9/26/2006, 08:28 PM
EDIT: Meh, double post. HTF did that happen?

Vaevictis
9/26/2006, 08:29 PM

This is when you break out the, "I'll pay $X or Y percent, which ever is higher" rule.

... but the most important thing is, NEVER EVER EVER EVER let your vendors know it's for a wedding. Vendors invariably charge more for the same thing if they know it's for a wedding.

Viking Kitten
9/26/2006, 08:32 PM

Every. Frickin. Day.

sanantoniosooner
9/26/2006, 08:35 PM
I know a guy with 3 daughters.

The first thing he does when he gets home is put his keys and his testicles on the counter.

GrapevineSooner
9/26/2006, 08:48 PM
I've only got one daughter.

And I'm already doing that, SAS.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 01:48 AM
The only thing that gives me hope is when the guys like IB and Homey say they eventually get past it.

The upside is that I'm thinking Jr leaving for college won't be nearly as difficult as I once thought.

mwahahahaha....you-have-no-idea.

Scott D
9/27/2006, 01:50 AM

Or else I'd be in prison for killing every single little ********** she brings home.

I'm pretty sure that just one girl would make you the previous...and you'd be dreaming of the latter.

SelmaBamaFan
9/27/2006, 01:54 AM
Scott, wtf you doing up so late eh?

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2006, 02:26 AM
Actually,
I'm straight and would insist on a very elaborate wedding. Ego boost I think..

I'd like for it to be at the Capitol building with the Governor (God willing not Perry) officiating (or whatever the hell you call it).

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/27/2006, 07:04 AM

*"Nice," as defined by the bride (and her mother,) is generally completely different from any reasonable nuptials conceptualization within the mind of straight men.That's ridiculous. If you are going to spend that much money so your beloved Bootsie can get married, tell her to elope and give her cash.

sooner n houston
9/27/2006, 08:17 AM
The main difference between raising boys and raising girls; boys will at least wait until your back is turned to do what you told them not to do! :D

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 08:51 AM
Actually,
I'm straight...

Fridge full of Zima not with standing.

Okla-homey
9/27/2006, 08:51 AM
That's ridiculous. If you are going to spend that much money so your beloved Bootsie can get married, tell her to elope and give her cash.

My then soon-to-be father-in-law seriously offered us $10K cash way back in 1982 to runnoft and get married on our own (thus foregoing the wedding-fest.) Mrs Homey wouldn't even entertain the notion five minutes.:O

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 08:58 AM

I guess we can just pray that they are good decision makers and that some Thanksgiving they don't bring home Lyle (who has just been promoted to swingshift welding work team leader at Fred's Trailer Manufacturing Company and who celebrated by getting rid of the 20 year old single wide and is looking at a five year old double wide) and announce that they eloped because she is three months pregnant.

TexasSooner01
9/27/2006, 09:07 AM
The main difference between raising boys and raising girls; boys will at least wait until your back is turned to do what you told them not to do! :D

Not always true. My 9 yr old son will sometimes (out of spite) will purposely immediately do something (right in front of me) that I told him not to. Then when my husband or I get onto him for doing whatever he was told not to, we of course are the meanest parents ever!

Overall, I think boys are alot more respectfull. All kids test their limits...Usually boys will test their limits at a younger age....girls however will wait until they hit 12 or 13.

I am lucky that I have 2 boys. I know how bad I was when i was a teenager....and with the mother's curse working against me....God bless my boys! :D

Howzit
9/27/2006, 09:08 AM
I guess we can just pray that they are good decision makers and that some Thanksgiving they don't bring home Lyle (who has just been promoted to swingshift welding work team leader at Fred's Trailer Manufacturing Company and who celebrated by getting rid of the 20 year old single wide and is looking at a five year old double wide) and announce that they eloped because she is three months pregnant.

Heh, I just had a conversation with a guy here at work about his daughter. She's 21, was on full scholarship, majoring in EE, and called him (from basic training) to tell him she had joined the Army. For 6 years.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2006, 09:21 AM
"So.. like Daddeeeee... like.. there's this party.. like..on Friday night like.. and like... [cell phone rings] oh wait a second.. "Oh Hi Maggie.. yes, we're like talking right now.. [pause].. No... NO... LIKE NO!!!! Cool.. ok, so, like I'll call you right back.. DON'T GO ANYWHERE!".... So, like daddeee... can I go, please... I do love you Daddeeee."

And she's only 13 friggin' years old... :(

BeetDigger
9/27/2006, 09:29 AM
"So.. like Daddeeeee... like.. there's this party.. like..on Friday night like.. and like... [cell phone rings] oh wait a second.. "Oh Hi Maggie.. yes, we're like talking right now.. [pause].. No... NO... LIKE NO!!!! Cool.. ok, so, like I'll call you right back.. DON'T GO ANYWHERE!".... So, like daddeee... can I go, please... I do love you Daddeeee."

And she's only 13 friggin' years old... :(

She looks much older in your avatar.

:D

Scott D
9/27/2006, 09:30 AM
Heh, I just had a conversation with a guy here at work about his daughter. She's 21, was on full scholarship, majoring in EE, and called him (from basic training) to tell him she had joined the Army. For 6 years.

heh ours signed up for the Air Force a few months back....she talked to her uncle who is in the Army first about it before she opened the subject with either her mother or me. She's finally got her dates for basic training.

Okla-homey
9/27/2006, 10:52 AM

I would be apoplectic...and then get over it. Still, WTF is wrong with waiting until you get your degree then joining? As it stands, I bet the Sigo guys get her.

Howzit
9/27/2006, 11:00 AM
I would be apoplectic...and then get over it. Still, WTF is wrong with waiting until you get your degree then joining? As it stands, I bet the Sigo guys get her.

Yeah, dad's an ex-Navy guy. He'll get over it, he just doesn't understand why she didn't call to discuss frist. I mean, getting a call FROM BASIC?

Plus the 6-year enlistment piece.

Plus the fact that he knows guys that are reaching the end of their enlistments and the gubmint ain't lettin' 'em go.

Lots of "plusses" here, and not the good kind.