PDA

View Full Version : Chip, meet shoulder

CtheB
9/25/2006, 10:47 AM
The best thing that may have come out of the Eugene debaucle is the program may have started to rebuild the edge it lost back in 2003. It's been a long time since we physically dominated...destroyed....even a bad team. We got a taste of that on Saturday. For instance, I have been concerned that we lost the ability, or even the want, to destroy a team. It's always seemed like we went very conservative, on both sides of the ball, once we got a lead, which I referred to as "Dungy-ball" (when he was in Tampa). Well, this got us burned a few times, letting 'dogs stay in games way too long, and climaxed with the Oregon game. What makes me think differently after last week? 2:00 left in first half, up 38-0, and we got the ball inside our own 40, and we go deep to Kelly. Nail in the coffin, screw the ******'s of the world, and destroy somebody.

We may see the rebirth of the killer instinct in Norman. Don't care if its MTSU or MSU, or MU or USC. It's a killer instinct, and we need it.

Just my 2 cents...

sooner94
9/25/2006, 11:02 AM
I agree. I can't remember the last time I knew a game was won in the first quarter, based on the score AND how we were playing.

Yeah, MTSU is no football powerhouse, but it has been a while since we stepped on someone's throat and ended a game pretty early.

PDXsooner
9/25/2006, 11:04 AM
this would be the one thing that could help me rationalize the oregon loss* into a "good" thing...

*=win

SoonerJLB
9/25/2006, 11:04 AM
I agree. We need that swagger back on the team (from coaches and players). Not the blow hard trash talking Miami of old swagger. The kind of confidence that comes from down deep knowing that they can beat any team they play. If they get behind early, no problem, make some adjustments and climb back into the driver's seat and take over the game.

IronSooner
9/25/2006, 11:05 AM
I hope so. It seems like once we established ourselves we had several games that were very businesslike where we just went out, executed, and won by dint of superior talent. I'd love to see us play angry again and get our bad attitude back.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/25/2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah, MTSU is no football powerhouse, but it has been a while since we stepped on someone's throat and ended a game pretty early.

I agree, MTSU is not of Big-12 caliber, but it was good to see strong dominance of a foe...Perhaps they can carry this into the Texas game, they will be tough. Their o-line and defense look very formidable. We need to pressure Colt to disrupt their o game plan and we nned to protect Paul and option/misdirection to be strong on our o.