PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else in the DFW region having their arse kicked by allergies?

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 10:04 AM
Or is it just me? Or is this a cold, disguised as allergies? I need to see one of those doctor thingies buy I'm afraid it will be $110 for him to tell me that the "wind blew, the sh!t flew and it will all be over in a day or two."

pb4ou
9/25/2006, 10:05 AM
Oh yeah. My allergies have been going crazy the last couple of weeks.

OUDoc
9/25/2006, 10:06 AM
I'd only charge $73 to tell you that.

jk the sooner fan
9/25/2006, 10:36 AM
yes

nasonex and zyrtec-d are my buddies

Beef
9/25/2006, 10:41 AM
allergies bad

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 11:15 AM
yes

nasonex and zyrtec-d are my buddies

I suspect that both require prescriptions. What exactly does Nasonex do? I haven't paid attention to the advertisements. I guess I need to next time I see one.

jeremy885
9/25/2006, 11:15 AM
Same for me and my wife.

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 11:16 AM
I'd only charge $73 to tell you that.

A veritable bargain. You're not in DFW though are you?

jk the sooner fan
9/25/2006, 11:28 AM
umm, i dont know exactly how nasonex works, but lord does it ever......for me anyway......the last 2 summers, i've gotten middle ear infections from allergies up ny nose.....the nasonex gets rid of it, and yes, its a prescription

OKLA21FAN
9/25/2006, 11:29 AM
worst summer evar

OUDoc
9/25/2006, 11:31 AM
No, not in DFW. I'd give you a better deal than that though.

Nasonex is a nasal steroid. Helps decrease swelling in the nasal tissues and cuts back on the drainage. Needs to be used fairly consistently or it doesn't work very well.

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 11:37 AM
No, not in DFW. I'd give you a better deal than that though.

Nasonex is a nasal steroid. Helps decrease swelling in the nasal tissues and cuts back on the drainage. Needs to be used fairly consistently or it doesn't work very well.

Thanks.

Will it make your nose all muscular and stuff?

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 11:40 AM
I need a new doc, my old one picked up his practice and moved. He wasn't a good doctor, but he always seemed to be able to diagnose things for me. I think he had like 25 patients is all.

Doc I wish you were in the Plano area. I don't think I could turn my head and cough for a fellow poster however.

jk the sooner fan
9/25/2006, 12:13 PM
it took 2 weeks for the nasonex to kick in where i could notice a difference.....i use it everyday now though

Petro-Sooner
9/25/2006, 12:19 PM
Is there flu like crap going around cause I'm not feeling so hot today?

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 12:20 PM
The steroids that I usually am prescribed are prednisone. And they are quick to get me off of them. I will talk to the doc about this nasonex stuff when I go see him. I am feeling somewhat better at the moment. I took some Guiffen that the old doc prescribed for me.

StoopTroup
9/25/2006, 12:21 PM
I'm betting alot of the dust is coming from all the whorn fans coming out of the closet this time of year.

OUDoc
9/25/2006, 12:26 PM
Is there flu like crap going around cause I'm not feeling so hot today?
I haven't seen any flu yet.

proud gonzo
9/25/2006, 01:50 PM
it's everywhere, not just DFW. And there are several other people in my classes today complaining of the same thing.

I feel like sh*t. Sinus headache, tired, tickley ears, argh. i've been sneezing my head off today and my eyes itch like mad.

i use Allegra and Nasacort everyday AND get allergy shots once a week.

BeetDigger
9/25/2006, 02:52 PM
it's everywhere, not just DFW. And there are several other people in my classes today complaining of the same thing.

I feel like sh*t. Sinus headache, tired, tickley ears, argh. i've been sneezing my head off today and my eyes itch like mad.

i use Allegra and Nasacort everyday AND get allergy shots once a week.

After reading that, I suddenly don't feel quite as bad.

proud gonzo
9/25/2006, 03:17 PM
yes, let my misery alleviate yours ;)

BajaOklahoma
9/25/2006, 05:19 PM
I had nebulizer treatments going constantly at school last Thursday and today (we had conferences only on Friday).

Nasacort works for me, the others may as well be water. So if the first nasal spray doesn't work after several weeks, try another one.

Widescreen
9/25/2006, 05:39 PM
The last 14 days have been hell. There were times where I couldn't breath through either nostril AT ALL. I'd swallow and my head would feel like it was going to a$$plode due to the pressure. Plus I was exhausted all the time because I couldn't sleep. I moved 1 of our Ionic Breezes into the bedroom and it helped almost immediately. It's been pretty good the last 3 days.

Rufnek76
9/25/2006, 05:48 PM
AMEN! I just moved here in August from Tulsa...Allergies hit me last Sunday but today it is somewhat better! Guess I need to buy an Ionic Breeze if it did that much good...

GottaHavePride
9/25/2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah, this year's pretty nasty, but I'm on prednisone for the crazy allergy reaction I had on my hands anyway, so I haven't noticed.

Widescreen
9/25/2006, 10:44 PM
Prednisone can MESS YOU UP. Be careful dude. Take it all in the exact order indicated.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2006, 10:52 PM
Prednisone can MESS YOU UP. Be careful dude. Take it all in the exact order indicated.

I am. I'm in the process of stepping down off the stuff.

BeetDigger
9/26/2006, 09:48 AM
Wow. I guess misery loves company. The wife's zyrtec's are only helping a little bit. I may just go back to my over the counter allergy pills while I decide if I am bad enough to go to the doctor. The ionic breeze thing sounds interesting. It reminds me that I need to change out the filters in the AC, which should help some. If I go to the doc, I am going to enquire about nasonex (stuff sounds great) and Nasacort.

proud gonzo
9/26/2006, 12:13 PM
i can't do over the counter antihistamines. They just kill me. I don't know why, but Allegra doesn't make me drowsy at all, but Benadryl puts me to sleep.

Okla-homey
9/26/2006, 07:48 PM
TV weather guy says its going to be the succs to be allergic now...until the first hard freeze. Then you guys will get some relief.

Widescreen
9/26/2006, 08:54 PM
First hard freeze???? In this global warming? :mad: