PDA

View Full Version : aggy: WE WAS ROBBED TOO!!!

bri
9/24/2006, 10:35 PM
John Holcomb is on teh Sports Blitz right now trying to make the replay call in the first half of the aggy/Planet Hooston game sound as CONTROVERSIAL as Duckgate. WE'RE IMPORTANT TOO, DANGIT!!!! :D

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:37 PM
Times like this, I'm glad I have nothing but Seinfeld and scrubs immediately after the news

bri
9/24/2006, 10:40 PM
Well...we have scrubs. It's just some spare aggy scrub...and Dean teh Dream. :D

sooner518
9/24/2006, 10:42 PM
what happenned on the call? and what game was it that was decided by one score? hmmmmmm

King Crimson
9/24/2006, 10:43 PM
my sister tells an hilarious story about Deano puking all over himself in the bathroom of the Mont....when she worked there.

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:45 PM
I have a story about Dean taking a girl (knew the girl) to Miami for the 85 OB and he showed up at her hotel room naked.

bri
9/24/2006, 10:51 PM
what happenned on the call? and what game was it that was decided by one score? hmmmmmm

Houston was driving and aggy forced a fumble. Coogs challenged, saying that the player's forward progress had been stopped, even though there had been no whistle at any point. The replay official agreed with them, Houston gets the ball back and goes on to score to take a 24-17 lead into the locker room.

They eventually won by nine, after aggy had two shots late in the game and turned the ball over inside the Houston five both times. The last time, they fumbled at the 2, Houston took over and went three and out, then aggy fumbled on the punt and Houston took a knee while me and Homey laughed our collective *ss off. :D

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:55 PM
That's aggy for you, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

XingTheRubicon
9/24/2006, 11:05 PM
That call WAS complete BS.

The replay official overturned the decision on the field (fumble). The ball was clearly out, but it was about forward progress. It was a one on one tackle and they were going sideways for about one second, and strip, fumble, aggot ball. Pretty much what you would call in football terms a "tackle."

I've been watching inter-conference games a little closer now and that was just one more example. The aggots would have probably lost anyway, because they're aggots, but I hate seeing out and out cheating by wanna-be conferences.

colleyvillesooner
9/24/2006, 11:20 PM
The OSU guys on the radio were going on and on about how forward progress is not challengeable.

XingTheRubicon
9/24/2006, 11:27 PM
I'm sorry, this is pretty f-in funny.

http://mb28.scout.com/fosuinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=24307.topic

bri
9/24/2006, 11:34 PM
The aggots would have probably lost anyway, because they're aggots, but I hate seeing out and out cheating by wanna-be conferences.

Hey, leave C-USA out of this, slappy. :D

And aggy sucks out loud. They don't really NEED anyone's help losing...

GrapevineSooner
9/24/2006, 11:35 PM
I guess they have a right to be heard.

Dunno that's going to change anything. Or that in the grand scheme of things, it's worth getting upset over.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/24/2006, 11:43 PM
Well...we have scrubs. It's just some spare aggy scrub...and Dean teh Dream. :D

he does their play by play but he actually went to OBU. is it just me or is dean the dream beginning to look like hubie brown?

colleyvillesooner
9/24/2006, 11:44 PM

So much gold so little time:

I made the mistake of going to Daquiri Zone for the Arkie state game. I did not realize (or remember) that the owner is Cedric Jones, former OU player. I asked if they had espnu and he said yes they did. Then I said "OK so what tv is the OSU game on?". He then realized what he said then he immediately said "well we have espnu but aren't able to show the OSU game, I don't know how else to explain it to you".

It then dawned on me that he was Cedric Jones and didn't want anything to do with OSU. Needless to say me and my people, about 18 of us, weren't going to stay there for the game. We got some beers and went to a house of an OU fan to watch the game. He just smiled and said "sure come on in and watch the OSU game". Both sides of the coin in that there are ****-poor OU fans and good OU fans. :rolleyes: yeah, right.

And just a side note- after Jones told me the Daquiri zone wasn't going to show the OSU game, he went to the door to open it for my people (I was the only one who went inside to see if they were showing the OSU game, everyone else stayed outside) and they started to come in. I then said "they aren't showing the OSU game let's go" and everyone turned around, including some others that were already in the zone that I didn't know, and walked out. After we left that place was empty, about 2 customers left. Screw 'em if they don't want any business.

bri
9/24/2006, 11:52 PM

The best part was after that, when his fellow aggy busted him for not knowing what damn channel the game was on. :D

crimson&cream
9/25/2006, 12:52 AM
Geez! I'll be Cedric cried fro an hr after you'all left.:pop:

badger
9/25/2006, 12:55 AM
HOLD ON, aggie has a point! If they have this loss on their record, they will be out of national title contention! :( Unless this call is overturned, what chance will they have at getting any respect from the national media? :mad: FEEL SORRY FOR THE AGGIES! THEIR SEASON IS RUINED, DANG IT! :stunned:

:D

Readyfor8
9/25/2006, 12:57 AM
We really should be upset, now we don't get to see Stunned Aggie II when they lose at home to Baylor again this year. :stunned:

Rhino
9/25/2006, 02:12 AM
OSU gave up 495 yards to Houston and repeatedly were retards in the game of football.

I don't really feel sorry for them, even if that call was BS - and it was.

Jimminy Crimson
9/25/2006, 02:25 AM
At Daquiri Zone, I'm pretty sure you can tune the TV at your table to anything you want, be it C-SPAN or ESPN U in his case.

walkoffsooner
9/25/2006, 02:44 AM
We may have been robbed of a bcs game. Osu may have robbed of a winning season. But to them that would be like a NC

nanimonai
9/25/2006, 02:50 AM
We may have been robbed of a bcs game. Osu may have robbed of a winning season. But to them that would be like a NC

They don't get to play us now or something?

Norm In Norman
9/25/2006, 07:54 AM
They eventually won by nine, after aggy had two shots late in the game and turned the ball over inside the Houston five both times. The last time, they fumbled at the 2, Houston took over and went three and out, then aggy fumbled on the punt and Houston took a knee while me and Homey laughed our collective *ss off. :D
I was at home watching the game when the aggies were at the 3 or 5 yard line about to score to move ahead and I said to my wife "Well, it's time for them to remember they are aggies." They immediately fumbled the ball away. It's like clockwork.

Also, i missed this part of the game, but why did they go for 2 in the third quarter to make them behind by 2 instead of 3? I'd say most coaches would have went for the extra point in that situation to make a field goal tie and a touchdown win.

tbl
9/25/2006, 08:08 AM
So this call happened in the first half to Houston... How in the mess is that even comparable?

bri
9/25/2006, 09:05 AM
Also, i missed this part of the game, but why did they go for 2 in the third quarter to make them behind by 2 instead of 3?

Because, as you so astutely pointed out, they are aggy.

FaninAma
9/25/2006, 09:30 AM
It does sound like a BS call but at least they had time to overcome the BS call.

OU had about a bazillion of those calls last year.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/25/2006, 11:24 AM
This thread makes aggy sad in his boots.

Scott D
9/25/2006, 11:31 AM
boy aggie fan has gotten even sadder since they learned that mama woods can't have anymore sons.

poke4christ
9/25/2006, 12:02 PM
Thought you guys might like to get an OSU fan's opinion on this.

Did the call cost us the game?

No, horrible D cost us the game. We admitedly looked pitfull in that respect.

How bad was the bad call?

In terms of the houston call vs. the Oregon call, I have to say that the Houston call was worse in terms of just the call itself. The video was VERY obvious and the reasoning was just dumb. Though the Oregon game's call was completly wrong, there was at least some question (very little mind you) in who touched the ball first.

However, when the entire game is factored in, the Oregon call is by far worse for the reasons allready outlined (affected the outcome of the game, OU actually recovered, two actual bad calls (onside and pass)).

Once again, the Houston call probably didn't affect the outcome of the game.

What was with the fumbles?

Though you can't give the guys a total repreive, I do want to explain the circumstances. All need to realize that OSU had two turnovers. Both were fumbles and both were in the last minuets of the game. These came during a hard Driving rain. The players and the ball were all soaked! They should have factored in the rain and held on tighter, but without the rain those fumbles don't happen.

Did OSU deserve to loose?

Yes, we lost this one fair and square. I still say that we are a better team and would beat them more times than not if we had the chance, but in this game we didn't and we didn't deserve to. Game over.

How did Reid do?

The poor defense overshadowed a stellar performance by Reid. He really came into his own. Hitting deep passes and running the option to perfection.

However, he made a poor choice on 4th and 2 by throwing to the EZ instead of passing to a decently open TE running an out on the flat. Overall, he did great though. Can't fault him for this loss.

Zach

poke4christ
9/25/2006, 12:05 PM
Also, i missed this part of the game, but why did they go for 2 in the third quarter to make them behind by 2 instead of 3? I'd say most coaches would have went for the extra point in that situation to make a field goal tie and a touchdown win.

We didn't go for two, they gave it to us. If you don't know OSU runs the Swinging gate formation for Exta point. Basicly the line lines up over to the side and then moves into position for the extra point. This allows the center to snap to the back behind the offset line to rush in for an easy two. Houston didn't gaurd it correctly and we capitalized for the 2pt conversion. So, it was only circumstantial, not a direct attempt.

Zach

NormanPride
9/25/2006, 12:09 PM
I like sheep

Clue: Nobody cares.

:D

Norm In Norman
9/25/2006, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure I want to know what "poke4christ" means.

And thanks for the clarification. It just sounded sort of - I dunno - stupid to go for 2 when it is fairly low percentage compared of the point after.

Rhino
9/25/2006, 12:48 PM
The refs made the forward progress call up to OSU on their successful two-point conversion.

That snap was about as illegal as they come and didn't get called.

poke4christ
9/25/2006, 12:51 PM
The refs made the forward progress call up to OSU on their successful two-point conversion.

That snap was about as illegal as they come and didn't get called.

True about the snap being illegal, but 2 doesn't equal 7.

Zach

poke4christ
9/25/2006, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure I want to know what "poke4christ" means.

And thanks for the clarification. It just sounded sort of - I dunno - stupid to go for 2 when it is fairly low percentage compared of the point after.

Very true, and you're welcome.

Zach

soonerinabilene
9/25/2006, 12:53 PM
so, uh, they gave a number for that bww's that they are griping about. think i may call them and tell them to keep up the good work.:)

Jimminy Crimson
9/25/2006, 01:27 PM
OSU runs the Swinging gate formation for Exta point

I think there might be a handfull of middle schools that still run that. :rolleyes:

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/25/2006, 01:34 PM
Aggy logic again. The BWW obviously does not want your business, so to "show them" you are not going to go back, and to top it off you are going to call and let them know how unhappy you are. If Im the manager, Im porting those calls out to the entire restaurant so everyone can enjoy them.

FREE BEER WITH EVERY UNHAPPY AGGY CALL!

picasso
9/25/2006, 01:46 PM
OSU gave up 495 yards to Houston and repeatedly were retards in the game of football.

I don't really feel sorry for them, even if that call was BS - and it was.
yeah but they won't face an offense like that again this season and ummm, Jimmy Tramel said on 1150 Tulsa this morning that Kolb is umm the best QB oSu shall face this ummm season. ummmm.

bri
9/25/2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Jimmy Tramel was out of his league back when he was covering Locust Grove for the Pryor Daily Times. The mere fact that he can manage to form words into marginally coherent sentences never ceases to astound me.

Scott D
9/25/2006, 01:54 PM
maybe he's been getting coached by that round man who hates that Bob Horner was lightyears better than him in the game of baseball.

Scott D
9/25/2006, 01:55 PM
I'll give aggie this...

the best qb they've had in the last decade is going to be a pretty good 3rd baseman.

bri
9/25/2006, 03:13 PM
Well, they ARE a self-proclaimed baseball school...:D

Scott D
9/25/2006, 04:00 PM
I thought they was them thar a wrastlin skool wit da big muneys paid by dat dere former javelin throwa. :D

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/25/2006, 04:34 PM
For those few on the football board that have facebook there is a group created by the pokes that is called "My Team Got Screwed On Review And I' Not Whining About It!!!"
http://sosu.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2210451871&topic=1498

Here is my contribution to their group...O yeah big props to Sooneron for the jaws of victory quote

Lets take a look at the stats per ESPN. Because apparently OSU fans have no evidence to prove that they lost by the hands of an official. I will put the team with the advantage on top

*Total Yards*
Houston-495
OSU-446

*Passing yards*
Houston-320
OSU-283

*Rushing yards*
Houston-175
OSU-163

*First Downs*
Houston-27
OSU-17

*Penalties*
Houston-2/19
OSU-3/30

*3rd down conversions*
Houston-6/14
OSU-4/10

*Turnovers*
Houston-1
OSU-2

So let me get this straight...You pokes are complaining because a ref supposedly cost you the game? In the meantime Houston is moving the ball at will for nearly 500 yards on your D. Pokes get the ball and fumble near the goal line which may have won the game. I am seeing Aggy logic at its finest and I have to tell you, this is not suprising at all. All this is to me is a case of little brother syndrome which aggy is notorious for...."Well, OU complained! so....so...Maybe we should too!!!" Give me a break! The pokes had plenty of time to win that game and in fine aggy tradition they grasped defeat from the jaws of victory. OSU had their asses handed to them on a Houston sized platter so instead of everything coming back to OU (see little brother reference) you should gather what little dignity your team has left and look ahead to K State who might possibly rival your pathetic program on the classless scale. With that...I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with aggy like things...Ya know, herding sheep,cows...etc.

KABOOKIE
9/26/2006, 12:17 PM
They will hear from me. My husband spends about $40 every week but no more.

Oooooooh. A high roller ag! :rolleyes:

umberto
9/26/2006, 08:14 PM

Their plan is so diabolical, it just might work! :rolleyes: