PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing this Sat for the Bye State Game?!?

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:30 PM
Me?

I am finally making the trip up to West Point to see Army play Rice. I am psyched. I've always wanted to go to an Army game.

I feel bad for never having gone to an Army game when West Point is only an hour or so away. I'll post pics from the trip.

jk the sooner fan
9/24/2006, 10:51 PM
michie stadium is a GREAT place to watch a football game - have fun!

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:53 PM
I can't wait. Is there a place that's like the Swizer Center to see all the hardware from the old days? j/c

I'm thinking about calling a relative from down in DC (Brig Gen) to see if he wants to meet me at the game.

jk the sooner fan
9/24/2006, 11:05 PM
i dont know about a "doc blanchard" hall or anything like that.....they've got a nice visitors center at the front gate, and you'll definitely want to go check out the point off the quad.....it overlooks the hudson, should be gorgeous this time of year

sooneron
9/24/2006, 11:14 PM
Leaf peepin'...

AustinTXHorn
9/24/2006, 11:17 PM
I definitely want to see pictures from the trip. That's one place that I'm definitely going at some point.

Me, I'm going to see Texas play Bye...err...Sam Houston State. I had thoughts of going to catch another game this weekend, but I just don't feel like missing a home game.

sooneron
9/24/2006, 11:21 PM
dood, you get to see Brett Rhomar!!!

AustinTXHorn
9/24/2006, 11:28 PM
dood, you get to see Brett Rhomar!!!
He's not going to play apparently. Though if he were...:pop:

sooneron
9/24/2006, 11:30 PM
Too bad the game is not in Prisonville USA , as the best BBQ in the nation is Mt Zion in Huntsville.

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/24/2006, 11:47 PM
lol. rhomar gets to play after his team plays TU poor guy...NOT!!!

SelmaBamaFan
9/24/2006, 11:50 PM
I will be reluctantly watching Bama at Florida on TV.

... and prolly will be bitchin and moaning on here.

Desert Sapper
9/25/2006, 12:13 AM
Michie stadium is great. Those 4000(-) Kay-dets can make some horrendous noise (no, I'm not kidding -- we made more noise than ND in South Bend from our little corner in that stadium and we were only a 1/4 of the Corps).

Visit the Museum. It is in the old Ladycliff college right off campus. It's worth the visit.

Go to the parade. It is amazing to watch (only got to watch once, though). When the regiments doing the review march on through the salley ports by Washington Hall (the one with the statue of Washington in front), it'll send chills down your spine.

Visit battle monument to see the largest piece of turned granite in the western hemisphere.

http://www.usma.edu/Tour/images/BattleMonument.jpg

Be sure to stop by the West Point Cemetery. It has the original West Point chapel. The one that all those famous generals used to worship in. The cemetery is the final resting place of a few famous names and a few of my classmates.

http://www.usma.edu/Tour/images/OldCadetChapel.jpg

If you have time, get tours of the redoubts, Fort Putnum, etc. This is the oldest continuously manned garrison in the United States. History resides at West Point. And yes, it is gorgeous this time of year. I wish I could visit this weekend, too. Post pictures. Have fun!

sooneron
9/25/2006, 07:05 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Sapper!

StoopTroup
9/25/2006, 07:31 AM
We gonna slaughter a bull at some ritual thingy...

DrZaius
9/25/2006, 08:19 AM
I will be reluctantly watching Bama at Florida on TV.

... and prolly will be bitchin and moaning on here.

let's just hope that it doesn't come down to field goals.....

Sorry, I forgot your playing Florida...:D

salth2o
9/25/2006, 08:34 AM
I'm going fishing.