PDA

View Full Version : Progress in the AP!!!

bri
9/24/2006, 09:49 PM
We moved UP a spot from 17 to 16!! w00t!!!!!11

Nice to see that "we should vote as if OU didn't lose the Oregon game" movement really paid off, and wasn't just so much empty posturing from media types who LOVE to drone on and on about "doing the right thing" but then don't ever follow through...:rolleyes:

:D

OKC-SLC
9/24/2006, 09:59 PM
gawd, no sh*t.

OklahomaRed
9/24/2006, 10:12 PM
After we beat texass we should move into the top 10. :cool:

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 10:14 PM
After we beat texass we should move into the top 10. :cool:
Forget the top 10, how about the top 5. I mean, we will be undefeated with wins against a top 10 opponent and a top 20 opponent. :D

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:19 PM
and misery just carcked the top 25 :eek: !!!

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 10:22 PM
and misery just carcked the top 25 :eek: !!!
Chase Daniels seems to be doing a pretty good job at making the Missouri faithful forget about Brad Smith. The Tigers might be giving Nebraska a nice little run in the North. I couldn't imagine Colorado being in the mix this year, but they always seem to find a way to win. I don't understand it.

Jackal
9/24/2006, 10:23 PM
So if we run the table and don't have a shot on the national championship, how pissed off are you people going to be?

soonerkaufmanII
9/24/2006, 10:24 PM
Why didn't Georgia drop more? They almost lost to Colo. We beat UAB and dropped five spots.

mikeb
9/24/2006, 11:20 PM
Why didn't Georgia drop more? They almost lost to Colo. We beat UAB and dropped five spots.
This is exactly what I want to know. I was going to start a thread about this. Soonerkaufman I think you should have the honors of starting this thread. I want some explanations and I want them now.:mad: :mad:

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/24/2006, 11:41 PM
I agree completely, yesterday i meantioned that Georgia would most likely be out of the top ten since they almost lost to a team with a 7-game losing streak. glad to see the ap doesnt think much of an un rated opponent almost embarassing a top 10 team in their own house...as long as they got the W right? so much for voting for OU eh?

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2006, 12:34 AM

We beat UAB by a touchdown.

Georgia shut UAB out and blew them out by several touchdowns.

That's not really a great comparison.

Ruuuuuufus
9/25/2006, 12:46 AM
who cares about the AP poll, let's focus on the other poll(s) that won't have us jump many spots either

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2006, 01:03 AM
So if we run the table and don't have a shot on the national championship, how pissed off are you people going to be?Who do you pull for the most in college football?

Desert Sapper
9/25/2006, 01:16 AM

I think the quote you responded to is referring to the disparity of voting after a close win against a team you are supposed to blow out at home. We were supposed to do that to UAB and didn't. UGA was supposed to do that to Colorado and didn't. We dropped 5 spots for our win. UGA didn't drop at all. That doesn't strike you as even remotely curious? Colorado is 0-4 by the way and lost to Montana State to start the season.

Readyfor8
9/25/2006, 01:36 AM
Colorado is atleast from a BCS conference but to not drop at all suprises me.

nanimonai
9/25/2006, 03:54 AM
All we have to do is blowout USC, Texas, Ohio State, Notre Dame, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, the Indianalpolis Colts and Temple in the next few weeks and we might move up a spot or two.

North Dakota Sooner
9/25/2006, 04:03 AM
All we have to do is blowout USC, Texas, Ohio State, Notre Dame, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, the Indianalpolis Colts and Temple in the next few weeks and we might move up a spot or two.

But if we blow them out, that means AD sits out the 2nd half and doesnt get the heisman, cause all the voters see is that he had 150 and 2 TD's so we are screwed either way!!

TrophyCollector
9/25/2006, 06:56 AM
Although it is a full-on asshat poll that means nothing, I thought it was funny that in the CBS Poll - we FELL um FIVE spots this week from 15 to 21.

BermudaSooner
9/25/2006, 06:59 AM
I think the quote you responded to is referring to the disparity of voting after a close win against a team you are supposed to blow out at home. We were supposed to do that to UAB and didn't. UGA was supposed to do that to Colorado and didn't. We dropped 5 spots for our win. UGA didn't drop at all. That doesn't strike you as even remotely curious? Colorado is 0-4 by the way and lost to Montana State to start the season.

I understand that the initial AP poll was voted on well before the season got going and before we learned about the Idiot's transgressions. The drop in the poll was likely more from losing our starting QB rather than our lackluster performance against UAB.

stoopified
9/25/2006, 08:12 AM
Why didn't Georgia drop more? They almost lost to Colo. We beat UAB and dropped five spots.Bingo that is what I thought when I saw the polls.If we beat UT we will proably be lucky to get to #12.There appears to be a different driteria for voting on OU(close win,drop 5,big win.move up 1-2).

birddog
9/25/2006, 08:20 AM

colorado LOST to montana st. i think it's a good comparison in that we dropped 5 spots after a win and georgia didn't after a narrow win.