PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Chris Simms

cobrapilot
9/24/2006, 07:43 PM
I have given my fair share of hits to Chrissy over the years

However tonight he is in my prayers as he recovers from surgery following todays game.

goingoneight
9/24/2006, 07:45 PM
Nobody with a pulse wants that to happen to a guy... here's hoping for a fast recovery... Roy's a'waiting...

Statalyzer
9/24/2006, 07:45 PM
Can't believe he kept playing with a ruptured spleen. At least the report of "critical condition" turned out to be false. Whew....

But you couldn't resist making fun of him? Prayers for Chrissy? I understand you like to make fun of him as a former Texas player, but you could at least call him Chris while you're saying "Hey, this guys in trouble, let's pray for him".

badger
9/24/2006, 07:46 PM
here is a link for those of you who haven't heard:
link (http://normantranscript.com/feeds/apcontent/apstories/apstorysection/D8KBHUD00.xml.txt/resources_apstoryview)
if you're concerned about the rivalry, just remember that it takes two teams and chris made those games competitive and fun.

get well.

birddog
9/24/2006, 07:47 PM
that pesky spleen was just taking up space anyways. man, what a painful injury that must be. good luck lad.

oumartin
9/24/2006, 07:50 PM
word is now he is in stable condition.

DrZaius
9/24/2006, 07:51 PM
I apologize for my bad taste in humor earlier. I never wish that kind of injury to anyone.

He played a very physical game today and proved to me that he is tougher than I ever gave him credit for.

hang in there.

StoopTroup
9/24/2006, 07:53 PM
Does his spleen have it's own limo?

badger
9/24/2006, 07:57 PM
Does his spleen have it's own limo?
:(

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/24/2006, 07:58 PM
Get well soon

tbl
9/24/2006, 08:00 PM
chris made those games competitive and fun.

He definitely made them fun... I'm not too sure about competitive. Hope he gets better. You hate to see that happen to anybody in football.

westcoast_sooner
9/24/2006, 08:13 PM
Definitely best wishes for the young man and his entire family.

StoopTroup
9/24/2006, 08:18 PM
I hate to see anything like what happened to Joe Theisman or the Bama player last year...

Careful Image is Shocking (http://www.spysoftball.com/october_5_update1_files/image002.jpg)

If Simms risked his health by continuing to play...that's pretty dumb IMO.

It would seem he's lucky he didn't get hurt worse.

goingoneight
9/24/2006, 08:38 PM
I hate to see anything like what happened to Joe Theisman or the Bama player last year...

Careful Image is Shocking (http://www.spysoftball.com/october_5_update1_files/image002.jpg)

JEEZ!!! Why is it that I always fall for the "don't touch, wet paint" theory?!?! :eek:

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 08:42 PM
My prayers are with him too. As much as I hated him while he was at Texas and as much fun as I had making fun of him, I would never wish that upon anybody. Hopefully he'll heal soon.

GrapevineSooner
9/24/2006, 08:51 PM
Bit of a scary situation.

As a Bucs fan, obviously I hope he recovers first and foremost. His football career is of secondary concern.

Rocker
9/24/2006, 08:53 PM
Many Prayers For Chris!

OUAndy1807
9/24/2006, 08:57 PM
I heard from a Buc fan last week that they were going to fake an injury on Simms so that they can try out their backup without demoting him.

not that I believe it's true, just interesting.

Hope Chris is ok.

Desert Sapper
9/24/2006, 08:58 PM
They just showed the hit again on NBC. OUCH. I hope Chris get's well soon. We had a guy lose his spleen after he took a pair of cleats to the gut when I was in HS. His career was over.

bexar county horn
9/24/2006, 09:12 PM

Some of you people are just freaking heartless...unbelievable.

Alum81
9/24/2006, 09:20 PM
Can't believe he kept playing with a ruptured spleen. At least the report of "critical condition" turned out to be false. Whew....

But you couldn't resist making fun of him? Prayers for Chrissy? I understand you like to make fun of him as a former Texas player, but you could at least call him Chris while you're saying "Hey, this guys in trouble, let's pray for him".

And you couldn't resist turning this into more than it is? Look at what he said whorn:

Prayers for Chris Simms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have given my fair share of hits to Chrissy over the years

However tonight he is in my prayers as he recovers from surgery following todays game

He didn't say "prayers for Chrissy" he said prayers for Chris Simms. He then acknowledged he had made fun of him in the past with the "Chrissy" moniker.
You, however, come onto a Sooner website and try and impose your whorn purity? Give me a break!

OKC-SLC
9/24/2006, 09:24 PM
I wish him well. He doesn't deserve to get hurt, and he's tougher than sf.com has given him credit for.

Ash
9/24/2006, 09:25 PM
Even when Sooners show some class and try to extend their sincere concerns for someone who played QB for their rival - "fans" of that rival team feel the need to come on here and flame.

Way to stoop to a new level of low, whorns.

Alum81
9/24/2006, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by StoopTroup

Careful Image is Shocking

Some of you people are just freaking heartless...unbelievable.

And you, whorn, are on a SOONER board, acting all pious. The statement is very true, if Simms risked his health by continuing to play...that's pretty dumb.
That is not saying that we don't wish him a speedy and successful recovery, now is it?

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 09:30 PM
Even when Sooners show some class and try to extend their sincere concerns for someone who played QB for their rival - "fans" of that rival team feel the need to come on here and flame.

Way to stoop to a new level of low, whorns.
Seriously, we want to wish the best to the guy. While football is very important to a lot of us, there are some things that are so much more important. Football isn't one of my life priorities. There's no reason to flame when we're trying to wish the guy well.

OklahomaRed
9/24/2006, 10:10 PM
Best wishes to Mr. Simms. No football player needs to be hurt playing a game. I wish him the best at his recovery. :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/24/2006, 10:16 PM
Godspeed to Chris and the entire Simms family

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:16 PM
I hope he recovers and has a fruitful career. I live very close to his family, I see his dad at the local pancake house(friggin amazing, btw) from time to time. Best wishes to him. I have trouble disliking him since he never beat us.

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 10:17 PM
I hope he recovers and has a fruitful career. I live very close to his family, I see his dad at the local pancake house(friggin amazing, btw) from time to time. Best wishes to him. I have trouble disliking him since he never beat us.
It's kind of the same as feeling sorry for Baylor, because they've never beaten us either.:D

XingTheRubicon
9/24/2006, 10:55 PM
Prayers to Kyle as well.

XingTheRubicon
9/24/2006, 10:55 PM
wait

Big Red Ron
9/24/2006, 10:57 PM
Prayers to Kyle as well.Indeed sir, indeed.

:D

mikeb
9/24/2006, 11:39 PM
Mr.simms has earned a new found respect from me. I wish him the best. He will be back.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/24/2006, 11:44 PM
Kyle Shanahan? They're close friends. I'm sure he is concerned.

Prayers to Chris' wife and his baby daughter as well.

horninokc
9/24/2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks to most of you. Aside from Stoop Troup and a couple of others, very classy from you sooners. I didn't think Chris was as tough as that either. It would have been dumb to take the risk but he surely did not know his spleen was ruptured and bleeding into his gut. Had to hurt like hell, though.

Tailwind
9/24/2006, 11:56 PM
Bummer. Hope he gets well soon.

KingDavid
9/24/2006, 11:56 PM

I have some comments about this post, but first I need to run to the bathroom to vomit my guts out. Possibly this sickest thing I've seen in a while.

I will definitely have something to say after I work through my feelings with my therapist.

(Note to self: when Stooptroup warns, listen carefully . . .)

jdsooner
9/25/2006, 12:20 AM
God Bless Chris Simms! (hard to believe I posted that)

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2006, 12:32 AM
Hope he recovers OK.

daMentor
9/25/2006, 04:36 AM
I certainly have done my fair share of dogging on Chris. It all feels a bit silly now.

My prayers are with Chris and his family. I just watched the highlights from the game. His spleen was ruptured on one of those hits. I don't think they know exactly when it happened. When he took a knee and took himself out of the time, I'm sure it was ruptured by that time. I can only assume that he thought he was just cramping up, and he went to the locker room to get some fluids. Little did he know that what he felt was internal bleeding. That is just unreal. That must have been really painful. I have a new found respect for Chris. I mean the kid led a drive into field goal position and the FG was good to give them a chance to win the game. He did all this while he had a ruptured spleen. WOW. I hope he recovers and does well after his recovery.

StoopTroup
9/25/2006, 05:54 AM
For those of you who might consider that some of us are heartless...

I give you this guy. No...it's not football related, but I feel for him.

A freak accident and he might be done as a Pro.

Nick Johnson - Broken Femur (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060923&content_id=1678194&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

"I was yelling, 'Look out!'" Logan said. "I saw Nick and Kearnsie going after the ball, and I heard a snap. I stopped and didn't even want to go over there. What can I do? Just call out the trainers."

A very serious injury. This is one of those injuries that emergency crews hate to see. So many things can go wrong.

Checkout the 350k video on this one.

I'm sure Simms will be OK even if his career is over.

Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms had his spleen removed in an emergency procedure at a Tampa, Fla., hospital after rupturing it in Sunday's 26-24 loss to Carolina. Simms is expected to remain in the hospital for several days. "Chris is doing well and we anticipate a full recovery," team physician Dr. Joe Diaco said in a statement, adding that Simms was in stable condition.

XingTheRubicon
9/25/2006, 10:47 AM
Thank Gawd for Buc fans he wasn't seriously injured. I can't imagine what would happen to someone playing with a ruptured spleen if they took the wrong hit. He's a tough kid and has come a long way from screaming "Get the stretcher!" after a sprained finger in the '01 B12CG

SoonerJLB
9/25/2006, 11:11 AM
Done! I know most of us (I know I did) liked to tease him because he was a Texas Longhorn but I wish him the best with a fast and full recovering.

BigRedJed
9/25/2006, 11:32 AM
I don't think he knew he was risking his health or career. Apparently he thought he had a broken rib or ribs. Still impressive that he stuck in there. Frankly, after the pinky finger incident and others, I didn't really think he had any intestinal fortitude, at all. I'm glad he'll be OK.

couchman
9/25/2006, 12:12 PM
Fans who have watched lots of his games know Chris has always been a tough SOB.

According to his coach, he may play again this year.

"He's going to be just fine. There is a chance he can come back and play this season," Gruden told a news conference. "He is a tough guy. He wants to play this week."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602141

poke4christ
9/25/2006, 12:44 PM
First, get well soon chris.

Second, I just want to say good show to all the sooners here who have contributed to wishing Chris well. This shows a lot of class.

Zach

Statalyzer
9/25/2006, 12:54 PM
As for Chris being stupid for not taking himself out, I'm sure he didn't know he had a spleen injury. He probably thought he was just sore from taking a hard shot in the ribs/stomach.

He's a tough kid and has come a long way from screaming "Get the stretcher!" after a sprained finger in the '01 B12CG

He dislocated his finger during a game the next year, ran over to the sidelines to get it popped back in, didn't miss a play and the very next play threw a TD pass.

You, however, come onto a Sooner website and try and impose your whorn purity? Give me a break!

IMO, Horn and Sooner standards ought to be the same on injury threads. I'm not over here trying to impose anything on anyone. I was over here because the Texas and the Tampa Bay message boards were both down from all the traffic, and I figured y'all would be following the situation also, and be a lot more sane about it than texags would be.

boomersoonerdude
9/25/2006, 01:06 PM
Hey Chrissy,

Thanks for all the sweet memories.... one after another you handed the Sooners a big win.... It's sad to say that we owned you and the Texas Shorthorns.... It's sadder to see you got hurt.... "Get Well Sooner Buddy!"

One of my all time favorite:

"Let me answer that one for Mack (Chris)."

DalHorn
9/25/2006, 01:14 PM
Chris took a lot of grief while in Austin. No sane fan ever questioned his toughness though.

Dio
9/25/2006, 01:15 PM
Hate to see a guy get hurt like that, even a whorn. Get well, Chris.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/25/2006, 01:36 PM
Definitely can't question his toughness if he is playing with a ruptured spleen! I hope he comes through it 100% Best wishes Chris!

Jdog
9/25/2006, 01:56 PM
My family and I had an interesting encounter with Simms at Shady Grove Resturant in Austin a couple of days after they had lost to us (the year that Roy W. blocked the pass). The guy was a class act - He even signed my son's OU hat.
Our prayers are with him and his family!

StoopTroup
9/25/2006, 02:12 PM
They opened him up for surgery in his belly area.

They didn't use Laparoscopic surgery techniques on him supposedly.

The soonest he'll recover might be December is what I hear.

The good thing is that he's young and in pretty good shape.

I bet he's done unless the Bucs can make post season...which is highly unlikely IMO.