PDA

View Full Version : Average age of replay officals

Socrefbek
9/24/2006, 03:41 PM
Lets see the Gordon Riese guy is reported as 64 years old and now this ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Roger Judd, the replay assistant during the controversial Oregon-Oklahoma game last Saturday, declined to comment on specifics of the "glitch" that resulted in an incorrect ruling on an onside kick.

"I'm sorry I can't help you, but I really need to honor the Pac-10 statement -- they told me not to respond," Judd, 85, of Salem said Saturday in his first public comments on the matter. "The whole thing was . . . a blown call, that's all I can say."

Pacific-10 Conference officials said ABC fed the replay booth ample angles of the play that gave the Ducks new life with 1:06 left and led to their dramatic 34-33 win, but replay official Gordon Riese did not get those replays on his monitor.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Lets see the average age of the two guys in the booth is 75. Sounds like a high probability that they would have the type of keen eyesight required to make a definitive decision on close calls. :rolleyes:

leavingthezoo
9/24/2006, 03:43 PM
yeah well... my grandma is 97 and she was able to make out what happened.

The Maestro
9/24/2006, 03:44 PM
It appears that Oregon may have bribed them with green and yellow jello and some Amos and Andy radio shows on DVD.

BudsBoy
9/24/2006, 03:49 PM
Hey guy watch out, I'm 66 and I can see a country mile. I just can't find my johnson.

daMentor
9/24/2006, 04:00 PM
Hey, I hear 75 is the new 50.

Sooner98
9/24/2006, 04:09 PM
It appears that Oregon may have bribed them with green and yellow jello and some Amos and Andy radio shows on DVD.

Do 85-year-olds know how to work a DVD player?

yermom
9/24/2006, 05:02 PM
this is because they are halfassedly doing the replay thing

they are using primarily retired officials for the booth