PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where to get some really good Beef Jerky?

SoonerBBall
9/24/2006, 02:58 PM
And I'm not talking about that Jack's Links or O'bertos stuff. I'm talking about dry, salted, make your jaw hurt after chewing for five minutes beef jerky. I like Robertson's and World's Kitchen, but I think I can do better.

Thanks in advance.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2006, 02:59 PM
Make your own. YWIA.

Viking Kitten
9/24/2006, 04:14 PM
The Beef Jerky Emporium (http://www.tbje.com/) on North May in OKC.

Try the gator jerky too. Yummy.

TUSooner
9/24/2006, 04:16 PM
And I'm not talking about that Jack's Links or O'bertos stuff. I'm talking about dry, salted, make your jaw hurt after chewing for five minutes beef jerky. I like Robertson's and World's Kitchen, but I think I can do better.

Thanks in advance.
There's a place on N. May (near Britton Rd ?). I think it's called the "Jerky Emporium" or something. At least it was around there last year. They have all kinda weird stuff.

EDIT: One of these days I'll start reading these threads I post in. MAybe tomorrow. :O

Cam
9/24/2006, 04:32 PM

This place RMFO.

SteelPanz
9/24/2006, 05:09 PM
my father usually makes some good jerky. but i'd like to taste some others around tulsa. perhaps we can have a beef jerky emporium or something.

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2006, 06:01 PM
Just outside of Concan, Tx there is this little homemade beef jerky stand that is, without a doubt, the best g-damned jerky you are EVER going to eat.

The stuff is amazing absolutely amazing. Pretty high for beef jerky, but definitely worth every penny.

SoonerBBall
9/24/2006, 06:24 PM

Not only does VK come up with the best answer first, she comes up with a link and has a frickin Fraggle Rock avatar. VK wins the internet.

Thanks guys.

King Crimson
9/24/2006, 07:25 PM
Robertson's used to be pretty good. BBQ sauce is still pretty good.

TUSooner
9/24/2006, 07:39 PM
Has anybody mentioned the Beef Jerky Emporium on N May in OKC? I think they may have a website.

:O

TUSooner
9/24/2006, 07:39 PM
Robertson's used to be pretty good. BBQ sauce is still pretty good.

Robertson's was little too much like cardboard for me. Tasty though.

DrZaius
9/24/2006, 08:27 PM
Abu probably has some

Thank you come again

Boomer.....
9/25/2006, 08:58 AM
You can get Robertson's at Love's gas stations.

Hatfield
9/25/2006, 09:05 AM
i have been hearing about a place up on may....don't know what it is called but think jerky might be in the title.....

check with VK

Viking Kitten
9/25/2006, 09:19 AM
I already won this thread.

:les: THE INTERNET IS MINE, BITCHEZ!!!

TUSooner
9/25/2006, 09:24 AM
I already won this thread.

:les: THE INTERNET IS MINE, BITCHEZ!!!
Yeah, but only becaue I had to stop to try to remember the freekin address of a place I haven't been in a year.
:mad:

:D

IB4OU2
9/25/2006, 09:28 AM
Ralph's in Perkins makes some of the best Jerky around........and believe me I know good Jerky. :)

Viking Kitten
9/25/2006, 09:28 AM
Just admit you suck, TU.

goodonya
9/25/2006, 10:03 AM
Midway Market, Katy, Texas.

Beef, Turkey, Venison w/or w/o jalapeno.

BigRedJed
9/25/2006, 10:34 AM
I agree with VK. If TBE doesn't have it, it ain't jerky!

TUSooner
9/25/2006, 12:01 PM
Just admit you suck, TU.
Does this mean our little "meeting" this weekend is off?

:eek:

mdklatt
9/25/2006, 12:40 PM
Beef Jerky: $5
Beef Sucky: $10

Viking Kitten
9/25/2006, 01:28 PM
Does this mean our little "meeting" this weekend is off?

:eek:

You must have me confused with some other Internet whore. I only participate in kinky, random encounters with Oklahoma bar members.

mdklatt
9/25/2006, 01:43 PM
I only participate in kinky, random encounters with Oklahoma bar members.

Something tells me Okla-homey is going to get the highest grade in his class on his next law school exam.

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/25/2006, 02:16 PM
It has been at least 10 years since I have had this beef jerky so I cant say if they are still making good jerky or not, or if they are even still open but east of Duncan on hwy 7, a few miles out...there was a little gas station on the North side of the road. We would always stop there and get jerky on our way to Snyder....they had some "hot" that was really good.

OUDoc
9/25/2006, 02:21 PM
So far, no one has connected Beef, our poster, and the word "jerky"?

Ask Beef's roommate?

I really can't believe Beef hasn't done it himself. Heh, "done it himself." :D

Cam
11/15/2008, 08:21 PM

FYI, they just opened a new store. Wife's not too thrilled that it's right by the office. :D

Visit Our New Location:
4405 SW 3rd Street
(I-40 & Meridian, Behind Tener's)
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 949-9000
Mon - Sat 10am - 6pm

soonerboomer93
11/15/2008, 08:31 PM
robertson's is too thin, to cardboardy

my refined taste requires beef jerky to be slightly thicker and more flavorful

there's a place called JR's on 59 south of houston i'll stop by when i'm traveling between there and corpus

my last bill there was over $40 for some teriyaki jerky, garlic jerky and then this summer sausage with pork, venison, cheese and jalapeno's

Turd_Ferguson
11/15/2008, 08:35 PM
robertson's is too thin, to cardboardy

my refined taste requires beef jerky to be slightly thicker and more flavorful

there's a place called JR's on 59 south of houston i'll stop by when i'm traveling between there and corpus

my last bill there was over $40 for some teriyaki jerky, garlic jerky and then this summer sausage with pork, venison, cheese and jalapeno'sThere's a place in Centerville, between Dallas and Houston that has really good summer sausage....it's right off the highway, but can't remember the name of it.

GottaHavePride
11/15/2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/TradingPlaces59.jpg

BEEF JERKY TIME!

Vaevictis
11/15/2008, 09:09 PM
There's a place in Centerville, between Dallas and Houston that has really good summer sausage....it's right off the highway, but can't remember the name of it.

Woody's.

And the jerky frigging good.

I was in France this summer working, and my coworkers heard I liked cheese. So they came to work one day with some of the creepiest, nastiest cheese you can imagine. They did it deliberately to try to make the American sick. I gave them no satisfaction in that regard. Ate it all.

I was nicer. I brought them jerky from Woody's. And they liked it.

Dude, if it's American and the French like it, it's got to be good.