PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dean What do you think of PT NOW?

BoogercountySooner
9/24/2006, 10:19 AM
Just curious Dean what your thoughts might be on PT now after your predictions of HAzle starting by the MTSU game. Just Curious!:)

Flagstaffsooner
9/24/2006, 10:25 AM
Dont bother him now. He's busy shooting little animals in his texass sockies.

stoopified
9/24/2006, 10:26 AM
I'll answer that one for Dean.It is 70/40 Halzle is the starter for UT,they hve been holding Joey back for the BIG GAME.The man is a joke.On the coaches show he tried to get Bob to talk ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT,Bob gave him a dirty lokk and he dropped it.Wish Spencer Tillman would come back to OK and take over for Dean.

BoogercountySooner
9/24/2006, 10:39 AM
I'll answer that one for Dean.It is 70/40 Halzle is the starter for UT,they hve been holding Joey back for the BIG GAME.The man is a joke.On the coaches show he tried to get Bob to talk ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT,Bob gave him a dirty lokk and he dropped it.Wish Spencer Tillman would come back to OK and take over for Dean.

Wrong Dean dude!

C&C Dean Quote: If Halzle and Thompson are healthy, I'll bet your $20 that by the MTSU game Halzle is the starter. Maybe even by Washington. Maybe even by UAB.

Link to thread.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74521&page=3

I've never seen Dean be this wrong!!:)

OUAndy1807
9/24/2006, 10:41 AM
he owes me $20.

okienole3
9/24/2006, 10:48 AM
What's changed? Uh, he sucked? And don't you dare pull the Chuck card on this one. PT simply ain't a QB.
:pop:

Readyfor8
9/24/2006, 11:20 AM
Poor Dean, but lets be honest. He wasn't the only one who was wrong about PT. I was wrong about PT, I said Halze was the better drop back passer and PT has proved me wrong by showing poise, control, and mastery of the offense.

On a side note: Did you notice that the same people in the media who said PT wouldn't be any good, are the same people who said we wouldn't win at Oregon, and are also the same people that said we didn't play well enough to win the game. This isn't the case with Dean but isn't it nice to prove the talking heads and the talentless losers (like gottdweeb) wrong?

I'm glad PT proved me wrong!!!

Okla-homey
9/24/2006, 11:45 AM
I am delighted that fate intervened to put PT in at QB going into the RRS and Big XII play. He gets better with every snap. PT is a far superior QB than that Colt McTumbleweed kid in austin. Not sure you could have said the same thing of Bomar.

It's idle fantasizing to wonder where we'd be if PT had started the entire season last year, but kinda fun nevertheless.

badger
9/24/2006, 11:45 AM
[toby keith]how do ya like me now???[/toby keith]

OKC-SLC
9/24/2006, 12:00 PM
get off dean's azz. he was wrong, as many sooner fans have been, about PT. Maybe PT would have been the difference in a couple of losses last year or not. But I know dean and every other fan who doubted PT is pulling for the kid.

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 12:07 PM
Yea, I honestly think we would have at least one more loss if we had Bomar at the helm. I think either UAB or Washington would've gotten us. Bomar played great at times, but Thompson has shown a type of consistency that Bomar never had. Maybe Rhett would have improved over time, maybe he wouldn't have. Who cares now though? I'm too busy drinking the P.T. Kool-Aid.:D

badger
9/24/2006, 12:07 PM
get off dean's azz. he was wrong, as many sooner fans have been, about PT. Maybe PT would have been the difference in a couple of losses last year or not. But I know dean and every other fan who doubted PT is pulling for the kid.
however, for those of us who were right, give us a little time to gloat.

and then... we'll all get baned and this thread will get locked... but we'll still have this!!! and pt. and a winning sooner team :D

stoopified
9/24/2006, 12:09 PM
Wrong Dean dude!

C&C Dean Quote: If Halzle and Thompson are healthy, I'll bet your $20 that by the MTSU game Halzle is the starter. Maybe even by Washington. Maybe even by UAB.

Link to thread.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74521&page=3

I've never seen Dean be this wrong!!:)
Well he should say C&C Dean,not just Dean.Doesn't matter,I like to take shots at KWTV Dean every chance I get.

OKC-SLC
9/24/2006, 12:11 PM
however, for those of us who were right, give us a little time to gloat.

and then... we'll all get baned and this thread will get locked... but we'll still have this!!! and pt. and a winning sooner team :D
heh. fair enough. carry on.

IBTL.

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 12:13 PM
heh. fair enough. carry on.

IBTL.
You're a good man:D

westcoast_sooner
9/24/2006, 12:21 PM
I was wrong about Paul. I'll admit it. Last year, I thought the Idiot did a good job of learning the offense, and certainly deserved to be the starter this year. When all that stuff went down, just before Summer practice, I thought Dean was right . I figured if Paul had had that much time in the system and hadn't come around, then he never would. And, I kept thinking that if he played as well as Nate, I'd be happy. But after 4 games, he has done great. He is not a "keep us in the game" QB. He's a winner.

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 12:23 PM
I was wrong about Paul. I'll admit it. Last year, I thought the Idiot did a good job of learning the offense, and certainly deserved to be the starter this year. When all that stuff went down, just before Summer practice, I thought Dean was right . I figured if Paul had had that much time in the system and hadn't come around, then he never would. And, I kept thinking that if he played as well as Nate, I'd be happy. But after 4 games, he has done great. He is not a "keep us in the game" QB. He's a winner.
Way to be a man and admit it. Have some spek:D

badger
9/24/2006, 12:26 PM
and I would like to re-iterate that I KNEW last year that he was a good guy and deserved to have a better chance at qb...

but woulda coulda shoulda aside, things turned out for the best.

now about that $20... give everybody 20 more vCash and it'll be settled, mkay???

BoogercountySooner
9/24/2006, 12:29 PM
Well he should say C&C Dean,not just Dean.Doesn't matter,I like to take shots at KWTV Dean every chance I get.

Sorry Stoopified my bad. :D

85Sooner
9/24/2006, 12:30 PM
I still expect we will see more running from him before all is said and done. I'm glad he proved me right so far. we'll see after texas where he stands.

FaninAma
9/24/2006, 12:32 PM
Don't you guys know it's bad karma to start saying "I told you so!" before the season's over? If OU loses to Texas and PT has a horrible game I'm blaming you guys.:mad:

BoogercountySooner
9/24/2006, 12:35 PM
I'm not playin I told you so, I want to know what Dean thinks now. I said nothing in that thread about either one. When someone crows very loudly sometimes they need to recant their crowing thats all.

FaninAma
9/24/2006, 12:38 PM
I'm not playin I told you so, I want to know what Dean thinks now. I said nothing in that thread about either one. When someone crows very loudly sometimes they need to recant their crowing thats all.

You could have fooled me.

usmc-sooner
9/24/2006, 12:46 PM

why on God's Green Earth should he have to recant something. I never took his opinion as crowing. He went with what he saw last year, which is all anybody had to go with.

BoogercountySooner
9/24/2006, 01:10 PM
I had my doubts also but I gave the dude a chance which he deserves to prove himself. Dean also said he would be one of the first to cheer Paul on and here is his chance.

FaninAma
9/24/2006, 02:24 PM
Booger, I don't think you're going to like Dean's response to being called out.

He and a lot of others, including myself, were voicing an opinion on the hot topic of the time that Halzle was the better QB based on what we'd seen out of PT in the past as well as the limited August practices that were open this year.

Thompson has done a great job although he still has a little trouble with the medium over the middle slant and crossing patterns. I think he'll continue to improve and has a chance to be the Big 12's all conference QB. Paul deserves a lot of credit as does Josh Huepel.

Anyway I think C&CDEAN has already stated his opinion about Paul was wrong.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, and Dean doesn't have innerweb at his house. He only posts from work. So he'll probably see this tomorrow morning.

BoogercountySooner
9/24/2006, 03:46 PM
He's not being called out to nothing other than his opinion on how PT is doing now. There is nothing wrong with me wondering what he thinks now that his prediction time frame has passed.:)

BoogercountySooner
9/25/2006, 08:34 AM
I'm headed to the deer woods to do some work and I will be out of touch. I am still curious though. I'll check back in later!:)

C&CDean
9/25/2006, 09:31 AM
I already posted in another thread, but I'll try and recap what I said:

I am tickled pink. I am giddy as a school girl. My smile stretches ear-to-ear. That is not a banana in my pants, it's wood. Solid wood.

To this point, I could not have been more wrong. And I am ecstatic about it. PT has my total support (and he did before, I just never expected him to do as well as he is, and neither did most other people if they're honest about it). I will temper it a little with the fact that everybody so far has completely sold out to stop AD - which makes PT's job easier, but dang if the boy hasn't got er' done.

Being the opinionated guy I am, I have no problem with sharing my opinion (which is right maybe 98% of the time) and certainly have no problem admitting that I was wrong. Wronger than wrong. Wrong as two longwhorns having butt secks. And that is wrong.

IB4OU2
9/25/2006, 09:40 AM

I am tickled pink. I am giddy as a school girl. My smile stretches ear-to-ear. That is not a banana in my pants, it's wood. Solid wood.

To this point, I could not have been more wrong. And I am ecstatic about it. PT has my total support (and he did before, I just never expected him to do as well as he is, and neither did most other people if they're honest about it). I will temper it a little with the fact that everybody so far has completely sold out to stop AD - which makes PT's job easier, but dang if the boy hasn't got er' done.

Being the opinionated guy I am, I have no problem with sharing my opinion (which is right maybe 98% of the time) and certainly have no problem admitting that I was wrong. Wronger than wrong. Wrong as two longwhorns having butt secks. And that is wrong.

It takes a BIG man to admit they were wrong......I had my reservations about PT as well cause we only had the TCU game to measure his effectiveness at qb and he's played far beyond any expectation I had for him.

SoonerInKCMO
9/25/2006, 09:53 AM
It takes a BIG man to admit they were wrong.......

You callin' Dean fat??

sooner_born_1960
9/25/2006, 10:03 AM
I didn't say so in a public forum, but I knew all along that PT would do just fine. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Widescreen
9/25/2006, 10:07 AM
I still expect we will see more running from him before all is said and done. I'm glad he proved me right so far. we'll see after texas where he stands.
I wonder if your feelings would've been different if PT wasn't from Leander. I suspect your main motivation last year was to cheer on the hometown boy. NTTAWWT and I'm glad he's playing well. We sure needed him to.

IB4OU2
9/25/2006, 10:08 AM
You callin' Dean fat??

Of course not....but he does have a bit of a belly....;)

ADs_Agent
9/25/2006, 10:13 AM
they aren't going to run PT, if he gets hurt then what? Joey Halzle take the helm? Ask yourself, who's a better runner PT or AD? Play action has worked and will continue to work, PT doesn't need to run.

CtheB
9/25/2006, 10:41 AM

CCD...I think a truth serum in even those who touted PT would find that no one, I mean no one, expected him to play as well as he has thus far. I'm geeked up about PT's level of play thus far, and thankful he's the man going into the RRS.

The offense around PT is much better than 05. More chance for success.

sooner94
9/25/2006, 10:58 AM
C&C Dean- very well said. I was also skeptical of PT before the season, and have never been so happy to have been so wrong.

Well, except for the time I thought I had herpes, but turned out to not have it. Boy was I happy to be wrong then too!

ADs_Agent
9/25/2006, 11:09 AM
TMI

RedstickSooner
9/25/2006, 11:21 AM
I was *totally* wrong about PT.

I thought, like Dean, that there was no way Paul kept the starter's job. I expected Halzle to have it -- and quite frankly, was peeved that he wasn't given it the day Stupid got the boot.

I thought Paul was lousy, and incapable of being a quarterback. I thought the coaches even agreed with me, as evidenced by their not putting him in against LSU when Jason White's arm was being held on by duct tape.

I was completely wrong. Whatever problems Paul had in the past, he has blossomed into a really good QB. I don't want to say great yet, because frankly with the way he has improved from week to week, I'd rather leave him some room for improvement in my description of him. Plus, I wasn't able to see the MTSU game, so I don't know how he looked in that one.

Whatever the case, Paul has proven me wrong and then some. I couldn't be happier with the job he's done as our starting QB, and it's also enormously satisfying to know that such a great kid is finally getting a starring role. Guy has put in the work and then some.

85Sooner
9/25/2006, 11:58 AM
I wonder if your feelings would've been different if PT wasn't from Leander. I suspect your main motivation last year was to cheer on the hometown boy. NTTAWWT and I'm glad he's playing well. We sure needed him to.

I am from OKC. I am temporarily displaced in Leander. I just got to watch PTs highschool career and knew he was a great competitor and very talanted. More so than alot gave him credit for last year. I caught more than my share of shinola by expressing that view last year after the TCU game. Hey its a new year and I hope he continues to improve. Texas will be the first test.

Wishboned
9/25/2006, 05:03 PM
I'm going to be honest and say that I wasn't worried at all.

I was disappointed in what happened with Bomar, I was really expecting good things from him this season, and I was shocked at the news but I didn't panic.

From everything I had heard about PT and Stoops I knew that Stoops had all the confidence in the world in him and wouldn't have offered him the starting job if he didn't feel he could handle it.

And I am not disappointed at all. He hasn't been perfect but he's showing a lot of improvement every game. He already had the maturity and confidence and now he's fine tuning his ability.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I really wish we could have seen what he was capable of last year. No telling how good he would have been this year with that experience.

85Sooner
9/25/2006, 06:26 PM
I'm going to be honest and say that I wasn't worried at all.

I was disappointed in what happened with Bomar, I was really expecting good things from him this season, and I was shocked at the news but I didn't panic.

From everything I had heard about PT and Stoops I knew that Stoops had all the confidence in the world in him and wouldn't have offered him the starting job if he didn't feel he could handle it.

And I am not disappointed at all. He hasn't been perfect but he's showing a lot of improvement every game. He already had the maturity and confidence and now he's fine tuning his ability.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I really wish we could have seen what he was capable of last year. No telling how good he would have been this year with that experience.

Yeah, maybe natl title hopes would have been possible if we could have beaten texas and the tech refs. definitely better title hopes for this year. but like you said hindsight is 20/20

BoogercountySooner
9/25/2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks Dean I was hoping you wouldn't be upset. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back with you before now I was out hangin stands and scouting all day. I saw a real nice buck on one place and some scrapes and rubs on another. I also saw a rub on one place as big as your forearm.:D :D

picasso
9/25/2006, 08:08 PM
Dean was wrong but I'll bet you he'd tell you he's glad he is.

OKC-SLC
9/25/2006, 08:18 PM
Wrong as two longwhorns having butt secks. And that is wrong.
Then why do they keep doing it, Dean?

Why?

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2006, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure if anything that I ACTUALLY said about PT was wrong.(As opposed to whatever 85 thinks I said)

At the time, Bomar was trying to make plays, and PT looked like he was just trying not to screw up. Bomar's mentality on the field appealed to me more.

Now what is hard to explain totally, is what factors led to PT playing that way. Was he afraid of losing the position? Possibly. Why? Perhaps the playcalling catered to RB's strengths as opposed to PT's. I couldn't possibly list all of the factors that made PT appear less comfortable as a leader at that time.

What I do know, is that he isn't looking over his shoulder now and he's playing like he doesn't have a care in the world. Even though the layoff at QB may have caused some rust, I believe he was way more prepared mentally to lead this team on short notice than he was last season.

How he is performing right now has little to do with how he was performing before. There's been a lot of water under the dam. Just ask Bob.

Stoop Dawg
9/25/2006, 10:55 PM

Dean's not right anywhere near 98% of the time, but that post is near-perfect.

IB4OU2
9/26/2006, 07:56 AM
I also saw a rub on one place as big as your forearm.:D :D

Must be from one of those little spikes ya'll need to cull out.........:D

FaninAma
9/26/2006, 08:34 AM

If he disagrees with you 98% of the time then, yes, he is right 98% of the time. ;)

C&CDean
9/26/2006, 08:44 AM

Ok. 97.9999999999%, but let's not split hairs.

westcoast_sooner
9/27/2006, 11:39 PM
What is absolutely amazing about how well Paul has played is that he started off playing a solid game against UAB and has just gotten better. The first couple of games he had difficulty with the long throw, and he's still not perfect, but he's starting to hit his receivers down field.

The Idiot played with some fire. He improved from week to week as well. I always got the feeling he was one big hit from an injury, or some kind of implosion.

But with Paul, I just get the feeling that he's mature enough that he's going to keep improving all year long. He doesn't get rattled, he just keeps his head and plays.

What a great story about a fine young man.

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/28/2006, 02:42 PM
Ok. 97.9999999999%, but let's not split hairs.

you're beginning to slip some. you need to suck it up and keep after it.:D ;)

TXBOOMER
9/28/2006, 08:34 PM
PT has surpassed my expectations thus far. I hope he surpasses them once again against texassssssssssssssssssssssssss.