PDA

View Full Version : Did this game hurt AD?

DrZaius
9/24/2006, 07:53 AM
My brother and I were wondering if us scoring so fast on both sides of the ball hurt (not ended) AD's Heisman hopes last night. Because of the score getting out of hand so fast last night he didn't get much yardage, but he did get PLENTY-o-TOUCHDOWNS. I was glad to see him get rest though. I also completely agree with getting the starters out of a blowout because of the season ending injury to a player that did not need to be in the game scenario that so many teams fall in to.

discuss~

:pop:

Flagstaffsooner
9/24/2006, 07:59 AM
He needs to rip texass a new *******.

TripleOption14
9/24/2006, 08:03 AM
He needs to rip texass a new *******.

Yep!! Everyone is waiting to see what he does against the clowns. If goes off he'll be the front runner for sure.

fadada1
9/24/2006, 08:07 AM
Yep!! Everyone is waiting to see what he does against the clowns. If goes off he'll be the front runner for sure.
agreed. he's been pretty darn good up to this point. but the conference games will be where he shows his stuff. a big day against texas would go a long way - especialy with the big 12 having a somewhat questionable year as far as power is concerned.

The Maestro
9/24/2006, 08:42 AM
Troy Smith made one play the entire game and had fewer yards passing than AD had rushing...for the second straight game!

Steve Slaton at WVU had 78 yards rushing against East Carolina.

AD is fine.

Widescreen
9/24/2006, 08:46 AM
It's funny that when they realized they were going to have to pull him early they started pumping him the ball like crazy. He still ended up with 27 carries.

sooner518
9/24/2006, 09:02 AM
for some reason, ESPN and Heisman voters love TDs. Never mind the fact that all of AD's TD runs were from inside the 10. He scored and those guys love that. He's fine. With the Domer love-fest going on, I'm worried about Brady Quinn, although he looked absolutely horrific in the first half last night.

oumartin
9/24/2006, 09:44 AM
Brady Quinn is again the front runner according to everybody.

stoopified
9/24/2006, 10:20 AM
Averaged almost 5 yards a carry(4.7)against a D playing all -out to stop him and goes for 128 and 3 tds in basically one half?That can't hurt.

DrZaius
9/24/2006, 10:30 AM
Quinn was incredibly inept everytime someone pressures him. He BLOWS!

I see him the the domers losing at least 2 more games this season.

Miko
9/24/2006, 10:51 AM
I fear that the thing that hurt him about this last game is that it was not viewed by a big audience. Few voters saw him power those TDs in or spend so much time on the sideline with his helmet off. They only saw the box score for a mere 131 yards.

Big play in big games, especially in dallas, will make the difference.

sooneron
9/24/2006, 12:11 PM
According to espn, AD is on the upswing.

boomersoonerdude
9/24/2006, 12:17 PM
If AD come out and rip 200+ yards and 2+ TDs against the shorthorns.... He'll be the Heisman winner of 2006

colleyvillesooner
9/24/2006, 12:35 PM
The touchdowns are what he needed last night. He'll get a chance down the line for more yards, but 98 yards and 1 TD last night would have been way worse.

CatfishSooner
9/24/2006, 01:12 PM
We should have left him in untill he had 2 bills.

BigRedJed
9/24/2006, 01:21 PM
We should have left him in untill he had 2 bills.
...and possibly a blown knee or sprained ankle. During garbage time.

Sorry, Stoops did the right thing. AD will get his yards this year. Don't worry about it.

CatfishSooner
9/24/2006, 01:22 PM
ALL DAY

BigRedJed
9/24/2006, 01:26 PM
I agree, he's pretty damn durable. But you and I would probably be burning Stoops' house to the ground this morning if he had left AD in and something freakish had occurred. And even if it hadn't, we would be getting a ******-style roasting in the media today. We were playing a directional school, fercryinoutloud.

DrZaius
9/24/2006, 01:33 PM
I agree, he's pretty damn durable. But you and I would probably be burining Stoops' house to the ground this morning if he had left AD in and something freakish had occurred. And even if it hadn't, we would be getting a ******-style roasting in the media today. We were playing a directional school, fercryinoutloud.

I completely agree. Players careers ending in garbagetime games by stupid coaches is an old story in college.

TheGodfather889
9/24/2006, 03:00 PM
I don't think it hurt Adrian since he had 128 yards and 3 touchdowns but I don't think it helped him much. If we beat Texas and Adrian plays well doing i he'll be the Heisman front-runner.

Widescreen
9/24/2006, 03:13 PM
I can see why with his amazing 6.9 yards/pass average and eye-popping #43 pass efficiency rating.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2006, 03:15 PM
I completely agree. Players careers ending in garbagetime games by stupid coaches is an old story in college.
Exactly. Can you say Willis McGahee?

colleyvillesooner
9/24/2006, 04:32 PM
Exactly. Can you say Willis McGahee?

You must have forgot the smiley, cause McGahee went down in the national championship game.

soonervet
9/24/2006, 04:36 PM
Luckily everyone in the race had ho-hum weeks. Would have been nice for AD to put up some huge numbers to stand out. But not at the risk of him being injured.

Sooner98
9/24/2006, 04:36 PM
Nobody around the country even saw this game. It won't hurt or help either way. He will probably win or lose the Heisman in two weeks.

colleyvillesooner
9/24/2006, 04:43 PM
Luckily everyone in the race had ho-hum weeks. Would have been nice for AD to put up some huge numbers to stand out. But not at the risk of him being injured.

Quinn had 5 TD's and 319 yards passing. For a Notre Dame QB in the Heisman chase, that is huge.

DrZaius
9/24/2006, 07:05 PM
Quinn had 5 TD's and 319 yards passing. For a Notre Dame QB in the Heisman chase, that is huge.

True...but he is going to lose at least 2 more games. The Domers are not a very good team. M State gave that game back to them.

TUSooner
9/24/2006, 07:08 PM

If he wins, he needs to buy dinner for the entire Mich State team.