PDA

View Full Version : golf/Jim Furyk question

fadada1
9/24/2006, 07:40 AM
for some of you die-hards out there:

have any of you ever seen furyk playing golf (on TV - for clarification) with his shirt untucked??? we're having some issues with one of our members... let's call him nick tortelli (because he walks and talks just like him), seems to think there are "tons" of professional golfers playing with their shirts left out of the confines of their belt - furyk in particular.

now, before you say "that's silly", it's in the rules of our club. and before today, nick had been (relatively) nice about me saying something. today, however, he went a bit off the handle and asked if it was in the "rules". well... YES, IT IS IN THE RULES.... PAGE ONE!!!!!

Men: 1 - Golf shirts must have a collar (standard style, turtleneck or mock style) and must be tucked in at all times.

basically, we don't want people looking like slobs out here. and i didn't MAKE the rule, i'm just enforcing the rule. i've been getting too many complaints about it (in general), and frankly, it looks like crap.

i'm out

fadada1
9/24/2006, 07:46 AM
p.s. - in 15 pages of a GIS, i found NOT ONE picture with his shirt untucked.

strange.

afs
9/24/2006, 08:56 AM
my golf question: will the US ever win the Ryder Cup again in my lifetime?

fadada1
9/24/2006, 08:58 AM
not today, my american brotha. not today.

afs
9/24/2006, 09:00 AM

not when Darren Clarke is making shots like that.

afs
9/24/2006, 09:08 AM
to answer your question i haven't seen A golfer on TV with their shirt untucked. i think it's something that would stand out and cause people to take notice, sorta like Payne Stewart's pants.

i have found many magazine articles talking about how you can tell a bad golfer by their untucked shirt.