PDA

View Full Version : malcolm kelly

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/24/2006, 12:52 AM
Kelly's three catches for 134 yards in the first quarter breaks a 44-year old record (1962) for most receiving yards in a quarter held by TE John Flynn (3-128, TD) versus Colorado in the second quarter.

:eek:

Blue
9/24/2006, 12:53 AM
S-T-U-D.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2006, 12:54 AM
Im glad we have him at least for one more year...whoever qbs next year will have a great wideout that can catch anything thrown in his direction

Scott D
9/24/2006, 12:54 AM
see we used to use the tight end a lot, goddamn chuck long!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2006, 12:55 AM
I did enjoy the safety falling off of Gresham on his catch

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah, Gresham finally got a chance to redeem himself from his first collegiate catch. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/24/2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah, Gresham finally got a chance to redeem himself from his first collegiate catch. :D

luckily, this guy only weighed 170 instead of 175...

Blue
9/24/2006, 01:02 AM
I heard he had, "Brick-Hands." I'm sticking with that analysis.

RacerX
9/24/2006, 11:19 AM
I enjoyed watching Halzle yell at Gresham because Gresham wouldn't go in motion.

badger
9/24/2006, 11:46 AM
if only those almost touchdowns were touchdowns :D

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 11:54 AM
I think Malcolm Kelly will be the difference between our recent quarterback woes and next year when we have to start a different quarterback. When Thompson and you know who were battling it out last year, there really wasn't a go-to guy like a Mark Clayton type of player. I think next year, Kelly can be just that.

Readyfor8
9/24/2006, 11:58 AM
I think Malcolm Kelly will be the difference between our recent quarterback woes and next year when we have to start a different quarterback. When Thompson and you know who were battling it out last year, there really wasn't a go-to guy like a Mark Clayton type of player. I think next year, Kelly can be just that.

I agree with this, with Juaquin on the other edge and I am betting we start hyping Reggie for Heisman around this time so he will have weapons. Allen Patrick will get his shot and Demarco Murray will make a move. The future looks bright.

Plus the coaches are really high on our young Wideouts.

sooneron
9/24/2006, 11:59 AM
To be honest, I think we will have a slew of go to guys next year- Finley, Kelly, Iglesias, and Johnson.

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 12:00 PM
I agree with this, with Juaquin on the other edge and I am betting we start hyping Reggie for Heisman around this time so he will have weapons. Allen Patrick will get his shot and Demarco Murray will make a move. The future looks bright.

Plus the coaches are really high on our young Wideouts.
The biggest difference for next year as far as our team as a whole is concerned, all those freshman we played last year are going to be juniors next year. Inexperience shouldn't be a problem next year like it has been recently with the exception of quarterback and maybe running back

soonerhubs
9/24/2006, 01:21 PM
Kelly is amazing. As the O-line continues to gel and get better I see PT making better passes to this special wide out.

CatfishSooner
9/24/2006, 01:26 PM
Kelly is LEGIT

PLaw
9/24/2006, 01:29 PM
S-T-U-D.

That was exactly my first thought - this kid may actually be the most talented on the team. It's probably a toss up between him and Smith.

Can Halzle develop enough by next season to be able to use these tools? Is there JUCO kid that may be want to drive this Benz?

Boomer Sooner

soonerhubs
9/24/2006, 02:41 PM
That was exactly my first thought - this kid may actually be the most talented on the team. It's probably a toss up between him and Smith.

Can Halzle develop enough by next season to be able to use these tools? Is there JUCO kid that may be want to drive this Benz?

Boomer Sooner
Ahem... Dids't thou forget about the first rounder we have in the back field. ;)

BoonesFarmSooner
9/24/2006, 02:41 PM
Adron Tennell got his first catch last night as well.

I saw Kelly on Saturday morning outside the Switzer Center. His high school coach was there with his little boy. It's good to see the high school coaches from Texas up at OU for some of the games!

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 02:42 PM
Adron Tennell got his first catch last night as well.

I saw Kelly on Saturday morning outside the Switzer Center. His high school coach was there with his little boy. It's good to see the high school coaches from Texas up at OU for some of the games!
That's our connection. That's why we get all the good Texas players.:D

Pepper
9/24/2006, 02:51 PM
Kelly is the #12 receiver in the country by yards. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2006/divia/individual/receiving_byRECPTYDS_PER_GAME.html

PT is #13 in passing efficiency.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2006/divia/individual/passing_efficiency_byQB_RATING.html

Garrett Hartley is #1 in kicking for points scored.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2006/divia/individual/kicking_byPOINTS.html

Peterson is of course #2 in rushing yards.

Not bad for a "one man offense," as Chris Fowler called us last week.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah, kind of funny that they call us one-dimensional, but I think in nearly every game PT has thrown for nearly as many yards, if not more, than AD has on the ground.

josh09
9/24/2006, 04:21 PM
I enjoyed watching Halzle yell at Gresham because Gresham wouldn't go in motion.

hahaha that really cracked me up

jps
9/24/2006, 08:13 PM
Wow, so Paul Thompson has more passing yards than ESPN's heisman favorite Troy Smith. Actually, if you look at all the numbers they are fairly close. Why is Troy Smith a front runner for the heisman again????

SoonerE
9/24/2006, 08:34 PM
Wow, so Paul Thompson has more passing yards than ESPN's heisman favorite Troy Smith. Actually, if you look at all the numbers they are fairly close. Why is Troy Smith a front runner for the heisman again????

Because he's got ESPN up his butt! :(

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 08:36 PM
I think it's more of a question of why PT isn't the Heisman frontrunner. The answer: Because we're Oklahoma. :(

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2006, 08:46 PM

Possibly because Troy Smith has done it against better teams than Paul Thompson has, and Troy Smith started at QB for tOSU all last year and played very well all last year as well.

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 08:50 PM
Possibly because Troy Smith has done it against better teams than Paul Thompson has, and Troy Smith started at QB for tOSU all last year and played very well all last year as well.
That's funny, I didn't know the Heisman trophy was a cumulative trophy. It's supposed to be for this year and this year only. With that being said, I see your point:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/24/2006, 09:11 PM
see crouch, eric

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 09:32 PM
see crouch, eric
Yea, he was a real winner. I'm still shaking my head trying to figure out how he ever won a Heisman.:confused:

Harry Beanbag
9/24/2006, 09:54 PM
Yea, he was a real winner. I'm still shaking my head trying to figure out how he ever won a Heisman.:confused:

Hybl fell down. That's really the only reason. :mad:

Snrfn4ever08
9/24/2006, 10:20 PM
Hybl fell down. That's really the only reason. :mad:
Hybl fell down. Again, and again, and again.:D As much as I liked to make fun of him, I kind of liked him. He was a lot better than I ever gave him credit for at the time. He was great entertainment. Sometimes, he just did some really dumb things that really gave me a good laugh.