PDA

View Full Version : MASSIVE DOMER LOVEFEST on ESPN

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/23/2006, 11:12 PM
I am tuned in to Gameday Final on ESPN, and ALL they talk about is notredame being in the hunt for MNC, now that they came from many points back to vanquish the mighty Mich State. This goes on for 10-15 minutes before they even get to ANY other games. Sheesh!!!

Flagstaffsooner
9/23/2006, 11:15 PM
Horse**** central.

mikeb
9/23/2006, 11:16 PM
Figures..

sooner518
chokejob by MSU. Up until their final drive, Mich. St threw 4 passes in the 2nd half!! FOUR!! Perfect example of "playing not to lose".

I am sick of the lovefest for Troy Smith today as well. He played poorly but all they can talk about is his "Heisman moment". Apparently his 2 INTs and 115 yards passing are irrelevant.

North Dakota Sooner
Yeah they get blown out by Michigan at home, in the process of being blown out by MSU but MSU gave it to them, but they are still in the MNC picture...CROCK ****

stoops the eternal pimp
OU beats Michigan State by 3 scores

Wishboned
9/23/2006, 11:17 PM
It was a real test of character for the Fighting Irish to come from behind and beat an unranked team.

(where's a jerking off hand gesture smitty when you need one?)

OUstud
9/23/2006, 11:20 PM
1. John L. Smith won't be coaching MSU next year.
2. Can we get a puking smiley or something? It would be needed on threads like this.

PhxSooner
9/23/2006, 11:21 PM
It was a real test of character for the Fighting Irish to come from behind and beat an unranked team.

(where's a jerking off hand gesture smitty when you need one?)
That's exactly what I thought. Next we'll see a true test of character when they beat one of the academies. They're all heart, those guys.:rolleyes:

Blue
9/23/2006, 11:24 PM
Lou Holtz' Homerism is bringing "Zero Credibility" to a show that was Suspect any way.

Holtz should expect Saturdays on the recliner next year.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2006, 11:26 PM
prediction: Michigan State will finish under .500 like most of the teams they beat and nobody will say a word about it

North Dakota Sooner
9/23/2006, 11:38 PM
Of course no highliughts of the OU game just a mention of it

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2006, 11:40 PM
But how about those LSU Tulane highlights....

sooner518
9/23/2006, 11:40 PM
they didnt even mention Adrian Peterson. Just a mention of how we won big. lame

North Dakota Sooner
9/23/2006, 11:41 PM
I am already tired of hearing about Troy Smiths "Heisman defining momen"....CRAP

Blue
9/23/2006, 11:43 PM
We beat Texas and AD has 150+, we'll hear about it.

AD is gonna have to earn this one.

9/23/2006, 11:45 PM
Of course no highlights of the OU game, just a mention of itAIN'T THAT A PIS*ER!?!? no film of nebbish, either.

noobalicious
9/23/2006, 11:48 PM
They're also giving a lot of love to Ohio St.

sanantoniosooner
9/23/2006, 11:52 PM
AD just got some props

noobalicious
9/23/2006, 11:53 PM
Thank you Desmond Howard! Someone gives AD some props. I'm a Packers fan too (from WI) and even though they suck now I always liked Desmond Howard. Real nice guy and talented when he was in his prime as the "Dante Hall" type.

mdklatt
9/23/2006, 11:54 PM
"That's why you're Michigan State."

Heh.

North Dakota Sooner
9/23/2006, 11:55 PM
"That's why you're Michigan State."

Heh.

Hey they gave up a 14 million dollar win...what can you do

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2006, 11:55 PM
of course they rag him because of who we played...I think AD has already proved he can put up the numbers against the big names schools morons

sanantoniosooner
9/23/2006, 11:57 PM
of course they rag him because of who we played...I think AD has already proved he can put up the numbers against the big names schools morons
They didn't rag AD.

They did comment that it waaaaaaas against MTS......but that it was still impressive.

OUr complex amuses me sometimes.

Scott D
9/23/2006, 11:59 PM

punctuation clearly isn't a friend of yours.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2006, 12:11 AM
They didn't rag AD.

They did comment that it waaaaaaas against MTS......but that it was still impressive.

OUr complex amuses me sometimes.

They ragged Desmond Howard..Thats who I was referring to..i am amused as well

Sooner in the Bluegrass
9/24/2006, 12:28 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist where ESPN (vis a vis OU, anyway) is concerned-- there are perfectly legitimate, non-biased reasons to skip OU highlights-- but it will have negative consequences, even if only slight ones. Consider how many coaches and media types around the country didn't watch the OU/MTSU game and will be relying on the likes of ESPN GameDay Final, etc. to help them decide how to cast a vote in the upcoming poll and/or Heisman race. They get to hear Corso make a harebrained case for how Quinn deserves to get back in the H. race despite the fact that he sucked for a half and needed serious help from the Spartans to get the comeback. And hopefully they will dismiss that as the rantings of a demented, gibbering simpleton . . . but still.

Then they'll also hear how Troy Smith had a big play against a team that is only just still ranked in the top 25, plus they're the number one ranked team . . . and yeah, granted, they'll see a little love for AD (from a strangely giddy Desmond Howard. I'm not knocking him, but did he just do a few NO2 ballons before the cutaway, or does he perhaps have a weasel down his trousers? Maybe Corso was tickling him with a feather-duster under the table. Now I need brain bleach . . . ).

Now, I fully realize it's "only" MTSU and AD's numbers will speak for themselves . . . but would it kill them to show the highlights? They showed the short version during halftime of UF-UK, so it's not a rights issue. Sure, it's a blowout, but there's an angle there, given the way that there was lots of discussion on the OU-UO officiating "controversy" all week (e.g., "Many speculated OU would have a bit of a hangover after what happened last week in Eugene, but that was not the case . . ."[roll highlights]).

At the least, I feel they could have cut out a few seconds of their ND knobslobberfest. 'Cause nobody's getting anything out of that, except for a realization that MSU really knows how to blow a big lead late.

I guess all will be well when we beat Texass. But I'm sure there will still be some high-profile ND matchup that week, too, so who knows?

Blue
9/24/2006, 12:32 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist where ESPN (vis a vis OU, anyway) is concerned-- there are perfectly legitimate, non-biased reasons to skip OU highlights-- but it will have negative consequences, even if only slight ones. Consider how many coaches and media types around the country didn't watch the OU/MTSU game and will be relying on the likes of ESPN GameDay Final, etc. to help them decide how to cast a vote in the upcoming poll and/or Heisman race. They get to hear Corso make a harebrained case for how Quinn deserves to get back in the H. race despite the fact that he sucked for a half and needed serious help from the Spartans to get the comeback. And hopefully they will dismiss that as the rantings of a demented, gibbering simpleton . . . but still.

Then they'll also hear how Troy Smith had a big play against a team that is only just still ranked in the top 25, plus they're the number one ranked team . . . and yeah, granted, they'll see a little love for AD (from a strangely giddy Desmond Howard. I'm not knocking him, but did he just do a few NO2 ballons before the cutaway, or does he perhaps have a weasel down his trousers? Maybe Corso was tickling him with a feather-duster under the table. Now I need brain bleach . . . ).

Now, I fully realize it's "only" MTSU and AD's numbers will speak for themselves . . . but would it kill them to show the highlights? They showed the short version during halftime of UF-UK, so it's not a rights issue. Sure, it's a blowout, but there's an angle there, given the way that there was lots of discussion on the OU-UO officiating "controversy" all week (e.g., "Many speculated OU would have a bit of a hangover after what happened last week in Eugene, but that was not the case . . ."[roll highlights]).

At the least, I feel they could have cut out a few seconds of their ND knobslobberfest. 'Cause nobody's getting anything out of that, except for a realization that MSU really knows how to blow a big lead late.

I guess all will be well when we beat Texass. But I'm sure there will still be some high-profile ND matchup that week, too, so who knows?

If he continues his pace, he'll be in the mix. Don't forget that the "Bias" is because many voters are from the South, Southwest, and West. It's AD's to lose.

Widescreen
9/24/2006, 12:33 AM
Craig James and Doug Flutie both gave major props to AD. James said that the Heisman should go to AD because he's the most outstanding player in college football and that's what the Heisman is supposed to be for. They basically dismissed Smith and Quinn. Flutie also had nice things to say about PT.

magic33216
9/24/2006, 12:38 AM
Don't worry...whenever Texas, USuC, Ohio St., and Notre Dame go back into sucking full time, the boys down at ESPN will hop off the bandwagon. It's Inevitable!

Sooner in the Bluegrass
9/24/2006, 12:40 AM
Well, in light of that very reasonable info . . . I guess ESPN is just trying to keep it interesting.

Or make me nauseous with all the ND love, I can't decide.:D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/24/2006, 12:49 AM
Wow..Hawaii has a 350 lb fullback

Fraggle145
9/24/2006, 01:28 AM
They're also giving a lot of love to Ohio St.

as much as I think Herbie kinda knows what he is talking about, you can probably thank him for this...

boomersooner28
9/24/2006, 01:38 AM
ND and MNC should not even be in the same sentence, unless somehow LA falls off into the ocean and the USC vs ND game never happens. SC 49, Domers 14.

9/24/2006, 02:02 AM
ND and MNC should not even be in the same sentence, unless somehow LA falls off into the ocean and the USC vs ND game never happens. SC 49, Domers 14.It's why tOSU will be my second favorite team, if we don't make it to Fiesta Bowl.(I want someone there who can beat domer or suc)