PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the OU/MTSU box score...

Widescreen
9/23/2006, 10:00 PM
It looks to me like MTSU has a QB controversy brewing.

Joe Craddock IV 3/11 33 3.0 0 1
Clint Marks 3/9 40 4.4 0 1

Pretty close on the stats. Their coaches are going to have to really evaluate film to see separation from those 2 guys.

;)

oumartin
9/23/2006, 10:04 PM
thats funny stuff.
both could start over Brady Quinn

GoMTBlue
9/23/2006, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, I must apologize for our ****-poor showing. I have never seen a Middle Tennessee team look so bad. Oklahoma has a very good team, but we certainly made you look even better.

From watching the game it looked as if many of our "real" players must have missed the plane because I didn't recogonize their play on the field.

I never expected to win the game, but I certainly thought we would keep it interesting til at least halftime.

Anyways, here's to a good rest of the season and thanks for letting me hang out on this board for the past week.

sooneron
9/23/2006, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, I must apologize for our ****-poor showing. I have never seen a Middle Tennessee team look so bad. Oklahoma has a very good team, but we certainly made you look even better.

From watching the game it looked as if many of our "real" players must have missed the plane because I didn't recogonize their play on the field.

I never expected to win the game, but I certainly thought we would keep it interesting til at least halftime.

Anyways, here's to a good rest of the season and thanks for letting me hang out on this board for the past week.
Glad you came back. Stick around, you may end up being like our bama posters. They never leave. ON second thought....

Crimson Kid
9/23/2006, 10:34 PM

We all have our poor showings, sooner fans know this all to well, i think your team was doomed after we got ripped in duckie land.

Gl with the rest of your season.

Jackal
9/23/2006, 10:40 PM
Good luck GOMTblue, you just happened to run into a very angry football team after last week.

Desert Sapper
9/23/2006, 10:51 PM
OUr boys just had to prove that they were over 'the call'. Your boys just happened to be in the way. As a consolation, this was the best we've played all season. I hope you guys have a better game at North Texas next week. I really, really hope this means OUr D has finally woken the hell up. We should have been playing like this all year. It could have avoided some 'official intervention' last week. We finally played FOUR F***ING QUARTERS OF DEFENSE!! Yippee!!

...oh, and I hope you choose to stick around. The commentary is so much better when it doesn't come strictly from behind crimson shades.

Paperclip
9/23/2006, 11:09 PM
Speaking of the box score, on ESPN.com under passing it says Eric Huggins attempted a pass. Now, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a wide receiver attempting a pass tonight, but I sure don't remember seeing that.

sooner518
9/23/2006, 11:17 PM
it kept saying on ESPN Gamecast that Huggins threw 2 passes. I dont know whats up with that. Has he ever even gotten on the field for us?

mdklatt
9/23/2006, 11:23 PM
Speaking of the box score, on ESPN.com under passing it says Eric Huggins attempted a pass. Now, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a wide receiver attempting a pass tonight, but I sure don't remember seeing that.

Maybe they meant Halzle? Although he had more than one pass attempt.

horninokc
9/23/2006, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=...oh, and I hope you choose to stick around. The commentary is so much better when it doesn't come strictly from behind crimson shades.[/QUOTE]

Ya think some burnt orange shades would help? :D

Paperclip
9/23/2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe they meant Halzle? Although he had more than one pass attempt.

It listed Halzle with an attempt as well. I only remember one pass for him. The slant to Manuel Johnson.

mdklatt
9/23/2006, 11:32 PM
It listed Halzle with an attempt as well. I only remember one pass for him. The slant to Manuel Johnson.

Halzle had at least two passes didn't he? A reception and an incompletion?

Paperclip
9/23/2006, 11:37 PM
Halzle had at least two passes didn't he? A reception and an incompletion?

Maybe so. I just remember the one.

Widescreen
9/24/2006, 12:37 AM
Halzle threw deep down the right sideline but overthrew.

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2006, 12:39 AM
Halzle was 1/2 for 15 yards. Looked pretty comfortable in the pocket both times. Handed the ball off well. Looked like a QB, but not really any way to evaluate him based on today.

oumartin
9/24/2006, 09:56 AM
Halzle shouild be the starting QB!

proudsoonergal
9/24/2006, 11:43 AM

ESPN is confused because the names are not on the jerseys. :D

badger
9/24/2006, 11:49 AM

you're welcome to stay! i mean, look at all the lsu, bama and whorn fans that are still here... :rolleyes:

and auburn... and we haven't even played them.

soonerhubs
9/24/2006, 03:27 PM
What class are each of our O-line men? Freshmen/Sophomores/Juniors/Seniors?

Desert Sapper
9/24/2006, 07:50 PM
Ya think some burnt orange shades would help? :D

Nope. There's way too many of you a$$holes around, and I'm sure there will be even more in the next two weeks.:rolleyes:

What class are each of our O-line men? Freshmen/Sophomores/Juniors/Seniors?

Starters: Chris Messner-LT-Sr., Duke Robinson-LG-So., Jon Cooper-C-So., Brandon Walker-RG-So., Branndon Braxton-RT-So.

Backups: Cory Brandon-LT-Fr., Sherrone Moore-LG-Jr., Chase Beeler-C-Fr., Brian Simmons-RG-RFr., Trent Williams-RT-Fr.

1 Senior
1 Junior
4 Sophomores
4 Freshmen

We are young.