PDA

View Full Version : O-ZONE RAWKS!

The Maestro
9/23/2006, 05:54 PM
Go spend your $9.95...I'm getting ready to watch the game live on the internet! Great stuff!

PeoriaSooner
9/23/2006, 05:57 PM
Link?

The Maestro
9/23/2006, 05:58 PM
soonersports.com...hurry!

emoinwinter
9/23/2006, 05:59 PM
Better link? I thought they were only going to show it 3 hours after it airs.

auto
9/23/2006, 05:59 PM
where, the adress? the url???

LosAngelesSooner
9/23/2006, 06:02 PM
It's live on Yahoo audio for 5 bucks.

O-Zone said they were broadcasting it 3 hours after the conclusion of the game. I'm a member there...so if that's wrong...where do I go?

(shoot...I'm up at 5am Hong Kong time just to listen to the game!)

ouflak
9/23/2006, 06:05 PM
You can listen to the audio for free if you don't mind listening to the Middle Tennessee broadcast. I don't see anyway to see it live online through O-Zone though.

PeoriaSooner
9/23/2006, 06:06 PM
O-Zone verbage says they have to delay webcasts for 3 hrs. Please let us know if you're actually getting a live feed.

ouflak
9/23/2006, 06:08 PM
Likely O-Zone twisted its wording around in such a way to convince people that they were showing the game live, just so they can snag a few subscribers.

King Crimson
9/23/2006, 06:09 PM
You can listen to the audio for free if you don't mind listening to the Middle Tennessee broadcast. I don't see anyway to see it live online through O-Zone though.

you can get OU audio free too. don't ever pay for yahoo.

http://www.kkgmam.com/final/index2.html

ouflak
9/23/2006, 06:21 PM
You can't always get it for free with the radio station feeds. Also, the quality of broadcast is far higher with Yahoo, something that's important for me overseas experiencing a higher ping.

sooneron
9/23/2006, 07:35 PM
you can get OU audio free too. don't ever pay for yahoo.

http://www.kkgmam.com/final/index2.html
Yeah, I tried that site before I even saw this thread and couldn't get it to work. Yahoo sounds far better than the other radio station feeds that I've heard.

ouflak
9/23/2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah, typically the radio feeds are 8 kb per second and it's a side thing for these stations. Yahoo is 32 kbs. Also they clearly have dedicated servers just for their internet broadcasts which means they are more stable with heavy traffic and more reliable.

soonerinabilene
9/23/2006, 08:13 PM
the yahoo thing is great even on dial up.

sooneron
9/23/2006, 08:37 PM
the yahoo thing is great even on dial up.
1999 called, it wants it's technology back!:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/24/2006, 12:49 PM
and for the record, the webcast STILL isn't up. they had teh highlights up in 3 hours, but that's it.

King Crimson
9/24/2006, 01:07 PM
you guys are high. i've been listening to OU football and hoops for free on the net for the last 5 years at least. KCOH, KOMA, a station in weatherford, the link i provided above, etc.

i paid for Yahoo! one year and at least two games "were not available" and they offered me no recompense. i will never pay yahoo another dime. and there is nothing about ozone from what i hear that makes me want to pay for that service.

Egeo
9/24/2006, 02:10 PM
and for the record, the webcast STILL isn't up. they had teh highlights up in 3 hours, but that's it.
i got the ozone for the first time this year and thats my beef - it takes them 4 days to get the games up...

i know lsu's geaux zone has the game (entire game, not highlights) up in a few hours

soonerhubs
9/24/2006, 02:32 PM
That free radio link worked great here in the soonerhubler household. I couldn't explain a 30 buck payment for a one game gig.

Egeo
9/24/2006, 10:46 PM
well, holy balls - teh game is ready to be downloaded on soonersports.com now

sooneron
9/24/2006, 10:51 PM
you guys are high. i've been listening to OU football and hoops for free on the net for the last 5 years at least. KCOH, KOMA, a station in weatherford, the link i provided above, etc.

i paid for Yahoo! one year and at least two games "were not available" and they offered me no recompense. i will never pay yahoo another dime. and there is nothing about ozone from what i hear that makes me want to pay for that service.
You may have a point about ozone as soonerscooter is schooling them on vid upload.

I am high...

on life, eh and cheap french grape juice.

Switzer-lander
9/24/2006, 11:28 PM
I was one of those they snagged. Great idea, terrible execution. I'll just wait for my DVD to arrive some time this week. That, Yahoo!, ESPN Game Plan Online, and, speaking of 1999, my bro in law holding the phone up to the TV for three hours, are the only things I can count on when it's game time.

ouflak
9/25/2006, 06:43 AM
Boy you guys are just trying to set me off on a rant aren't you? ;) Well, I'll try to keep it short.

i paid for Yahoo! one year and at least two games "were not available" and they offered me no recompense.

Herein lies the problem with OU and how badly it has sold out. It seems that OU has a clause in every broadcast deal they make basically stating:
"... if however somebody comes by and drops a suitcase full of enough money on our desk, then *they* will get the broadcast rights. And if they want, those rights will be to the exclusion of all others....

This is the reason why I've not been able to get any of our BCS Championship games through Yahoo. I would bet that nobody outside of the U.S. had any opportunity last year to listen (and/or certainly not see) any of the Tier I bowl games live in any way shape or form, no matter how much money they would be willing to pay. Disgusting and stupid if you ask me. Very counter intuitive. The key to good marketing is to get as many people as possible to get to see your biggest games. Not cut off as many people as possible. This will never generate fans or allow them to expand into even relatively domestic (inside the US) areas.

The NCAA could learn a LOT of lessons from the NBA/NFL/MLB. If there is an especially important or big game in one of these leagues, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get to have that game broadcast somewhere live on of the Satellite networks somewhere. Now iff only I liked pro-sports....

Anyway, the O-Zone is a business like any other. They absolutely depend on those subscriptions and so will do anything and say anything to get subscribers for a service which is very debatedly worth any money, or the amount they charge. What's sad is that it could be a top-notch service. I don't understand why it isn't possible to get an exclusive contract to give people their own personal video/audio broadcast. It's not like it will conflict with any other 'free' network live broadcasts. I don't have any access to those stations anyway. I doubt anybody who did have access to these broadcasts would have interest in paying for it streaming to their computer when they could probably have the game up on their big screen. Even many in the U.S. are forced into local coverage. It seems such an obvious and profitable venture for OU to do, that I'm thinking I must be missing some subtle point out of ignorace in believing that they couldn't/wouldn't make a ton of money providing this service. Anyway, enough.

LosAngelesSooner
9/25/2006, 08:18 AM
I can't get O-Zone to work. It says it's loading and then nothing happens.

It used to work, but ever since they went to the pup up window...nada.

I have turned off my Firewall and allowed all popups to that site, plus turned off my spam blocker to that site on Firefox...and STILL nada.

Any advice, 'cause if I can't get it to work...I'm cancelling my subscription. This didn't used to be a problem until they changed to the popup window...