PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one sick of the media bashing OU?

stoopified
9/23/2006, 03:45 PM
I was atching ISU-UT when ABC edoes this bit on the OU-UO officiating CONTROVERSY.Controversy my A$$,everyone knows the calls were blown.I have also heard and watched FSN,ESPN,ESPN Gameday,all jump ij on this.What really irks me the most is they keep saying Bob and co.need to let it go.Bob has let it go and the media won't let it go.IAM MAD AS HELL THAT THEY ARE SMEARING OUR TEAM,COACHES !IT isTOTAL BULL$HIT!

OK,I feel better now.

OUster
9/23/2006, 03:50 PM
That choice of wording didn't bother me so much as the comentator saying matter of factly that Jamaal Charles is the most exciting running back to watch in the country...WTF?! He must only watch Texas games cause I don't think he is going to find anyone agree with him. Jamaal Charles is good, but not exactly in the most exciting in the country category..

Penguin
9/23/2006, 03:57 PM
Personally, I'm getting sick and tired of them really pushing the Superdome on MNF.

Listening to these idiots make me think that we'll all be sitting around the tv holding hands while singing Kumbaya.

oumartin
9/23/2006, 04:00 PM
let it go stoop!

SoonerBorn
9/23/2006, 04:11 PM
It's only a "controversy" because the media says it is. Controversy helps get viewers and readers. They can take final comments from Coach Stoops on Tuesday and make it sound like he's been saying it all week long.

Notably absent from ABC's "report" on the "controversy" was the fact that the PAC-10 apologized for the poor reviews and admitted that they changed the outcome of the game. And, of course, that the ref crew was kinda-sorta suspended for 1 game. Of course, if you mention that, it's a bit harder to make it look like a controversy.

Sooner-N-KS
9/23/2006, 04:30 PM
I would have liked to have seen ABC show several views and say, "These are the replays that were given to the replay official to review."

SoonerHeart
9/23/2006, 05:03 PM
It's only a "controversy" because the media says it is. Controversy helps get viewers and readers. They can take final comments from Coach Stoops on Tuesday and make it sound like he's been saying it all week long.

Notably absent from ABC's "report" on the "controversy" was the fact that the PAC-10 apologized for the poor reviews and admitted that they changed the outcome of the game. And, of course, that the ref crew was kinda-sorta suspended for 1 game. Of course, if you mention that, it's a bit harder to make it look like a controversy.

You know what? I'd love it if you would write this exact thing into the networks and announcers, who are spindoctoring this to death. Oh, wait though, there's no reason they'd ever point out it was an O.U. Sooner fan being a voice of reason and simply telling the truth here. No they get more mileage out of making it seem as if it's a "controversy."

Yes, I'm sick of them bashing us it's been going on so long now though that I've come to think of it as part of the reason we are such a great team, bash the Sooners some more. It makes us mad and we will come over there and whip your sorry ***. BOOMER SOONER! I don't care what they ever do or say, I haven't seen any amount of bashing keep us down for long. However, it would be nice once in a while to get some credit and not have to listen the facts being twisted.

Hell, I like most O.U. fans are just keeping my eyes on TODAYS game. NOT last weeks! That is if they would shut up about the "controversy" I would!:rolleyes: ;)

lil'duck
9/23/2006, 05:23 PM
At first the media seemed to be bashing Oregon, now they seem to bashing Oklahoma. Why not bash the appropriate people?: the Pac-10 officiating. This needs to be remedied right away - a REAL suspension and new rules with unbiased officials that include members outside the Pac-10.

What is this garbage about the fact that the Pac-10 officials are under-staffed and so the suspension has to be "staggered"? Will Arizona, too, bare the brunt of this "controversy"? We'll find out tonight.

And good luck, Sooners, on your game tonight. Wish it was televised.