PDA

View Full Version : How about an 11 am game, ABC?

Penguin
9/23/2006, 01:29 PM
There are some good games going on. I wouldn't mind watching one.

Newbomb Turk
9/23/2006, 01:42 PM
but then we wouldn't be able to see the Charlie Weis story. :rolleyes:

SelmaBamaFan
9/23/2006, 01:45 PM
You mean this weeks 'Greatest Coaches' show is on Charlie Weis? WTF? It's his SECOND YEAR!!!

God I hate Notre Damned

yermom
9/23/2006, 01:46 PM
this ESPN/abc junk kinda succs

i guess they figured no one would watch if it wasn't us :)

1Pigskin
9/23/2006, 01:48 PM
You wonder why the penn state/ ohio state game isn't televised. Both big10 co champs last year.
:confused:

OK2LA
9/23/2006, 01:55 PM
You wonder why the penn state/ ohio state game isn't televised. Both big10 co champs last year.

That if fuggin' RE - DICK - U - LUS!!!

rebmus
9/23/2006, 01:55 PM
You mean this weeks 'Greatest Coaches' show is on Charlie Weis? WTF? It's his SECOND YEAR!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

i remember ND and espn pimping ty willingham as a "great coach" after his first year (which was even with weis's first year).

the media loves them some ND... and i'm way past sick of it.

bama deserved a bcs bowl last year more than ND did...

i'd never lose sleep if ND never won another game. weakarse schedules and 9 wins gets them ~$14 million bowl... something's BAD wrong with the BcS.

rebmus
9/23/2006, 02:06 PM
here's some research i did for an arrogant ND fan a while back selma... you'll like it. (btw, i'm guessing a strong arguement could be made for a big 12 and ACC team also.. i just picked bama since i'm an sec fan).

ND schedule/results from 05.

W
Pittsburgh (PA)(5-6)

W
Michigan(7-5) *bowl team

L
Michigan St.(5-6)

W
Washington(2-9)

W
Purdue (IN)(5-6)

L
Southern California(12-1) *bowl team

W
Brigham Young (UT)(6-6) *bowl team

W
Tennessee(5-6)

W
Navy (8-4) *bowl team

W
Syracuse(1-10)

W
Stanford(5-6)

L
Ohio St.(10-2)
Fiesta Bowl

in 05... ND beat two teams with a winning record.
one of those two teams was navy... HARDLY a powerhouse.
add in the fact ND lost to michigan st... a team with a losing record.

yet, ND gets a fiesta bowl bid (worth around $14 million) while other teams didn't?
let's compare that to bama.

W
Middle Tennessee St.(4-7)

W
Southern Mississippi (7-5)*bowl team

W
South Carolina (7-5) *bowl team

W
Arkansas (4-7)

W
Florida (9-3) *bowl team

W
Mississippi (3-8)

W
Tennessee (5-6)

W
Utah St. (3-8)

W
Mississippi St.(3-8)

L
Louisiana St.(11-2) *bowl team

L
Auburn (9-3) *bowl team

W
Texas Tech (9-3)
Cotton Bowl

bama beat three teams with a winning record. bama lost to two teams with a winning record and lost
to noone with a losing record.

so... who should have gotten the fiesta bowl bid?
see why people claim ND is overrated?

SelmaBamaFan
9/23/2006, 02:11 PM
Nice post, but I dont think Bama was as deserving as some other teams in the nation (dont know who, forgot).

Just wish we coulda pulled out that OT game against LSU. That was heart breaking, especially since I had 4 LSU fans on my crew and we were alllllllllll at the same sports bar watching it :( . I got pretty drunk that day :D

handcrafted
9/23/2006, 02:16 PM

It's gotta be on somewhere. ESPN Gameday is there. There's no way they'd do a roadshow on a non-televised game.

SelmaBamaFan
9/23/2006, 02:20 PM
I think it's the prime time ABC game tonight.

handcrafted
9/23/2006, 02:22 PM
I think it's the prime time ABC game tonight.

Nope, turns out its on the 2:30 regional (we are getting Iowa St. v saxeT here). The prime game tonight is ND-Mich. St.

yermom
9/23/2006, 02:22 PM
Nice post, but I dont think Bama was as deserving as some other teams in the nation (dont know who, forgot).

Just wish we coulda pulled out that OT game against LSU. That was heart breaking, especially since I had 4 LSU fans on my crew and we were alllllllllll at the same sports bar watching it :( . I got pretty drunk that day :D

Oregon...

rebmus
9/23/2006, 02:36 PM

i just yanked bama when i compiled that b/c bama's schedule was handy for me.

i have no doubt AT LEAST 3 other teams have a legit arguement for getting the BcS bid.

ND getting the bid was an absolute joke... that was my point.

handcrafted
9/23/2006, 03:03 PM
I really hope they switch to the Ohio State-Penn State game. Watching IASt get a mudhole stomped in them is not very interesting.