PDA

View Full Version : The best way to help the defemse is to keep

stoopified
9/23/2006, 09:49 AM
them off the field.The old saying that the best defense is a good offense.I would like to see us keep the hammer down on teams when we have the lead.If we have a 2TD lead at half,I want to win by 4TDs.Part of this is because we have nearly blown games that IMHO we should have won easily.Eor example Baylor,aTm,NU , UO,from last year.UO did get away from us this year.

I have noticed a change in our offensive approach the last three years.In 2003 and 2004 we put people away staying on the attack.Now we get the lead by attacking then seem to go into stall mode,running,running,running trying not to win but run out the clock so we don't lose.

As picasso pointed out in another thread,this approach works if you have a stout defense.We however do not as of yet even have an average one.There is one other thing that I feel you need to make the run out the clock approach work,that is a dominant o-line. While our line has done well(better than many expected) they are not dominant.

At the risk of stirring up a sh!tstorm,I would equate what we have done on offense the laST 2 1/4 years as the football equilivent of Sampson's basketball stall ball.The ten people who post on the b-ball board know what I'm talking about.

In truth I am happy as long as we win but I'd be happier if we won by bigger scores.In the old days Sooner Fans like me were called Chinamen(as in how much rice can a Chinaman eat).I think the memories of 69-7,73-21, not to mention 55-19 are partly to blame for my attitude.The other part is that to this point OUr offense is OUr best defense.BOOMER SOONER baby!