PDA

View Full Version : good comments by Herbstriet

Hatfield
9/23/2006, 09:24 AM
basically said Bob was getting a bad rap because Bob is seen as "crying" or whatever, and hebie was saying look he is simply responding to questions that the media keeps asking him. he isn't out looking for press conferences to talk about it.

thanks herbie

Jason White's Third Knee
9/23/2006, 09:27 AM
He's one of the only reasonable and sane people in sports broadcasting.

GrapevineSooner
9/23/2006, 09:29 AM
You mean demanding accountability for officials who royally screw up a call (as opposed to just missing it) is flat out crazy talk in some media circles?

Sooner_Bob
9/23/2006, 09:30 AM
He's one of the only reasonable and sane people in sports broadcasting.

On occassion . . . not always.

booomer
9/23/2006, 09:35 AM
Corso is exactly the reason that anyone would be labeled for having an opinion over this debacle. He doesn't get two obvious things: 1) OU recovered the ball, 2) make the right call (after review) and the game is over.....there is no need for a last second field goal.

I'm tired of dumbasses like him being given a microphone and airtime to spew idiotic and uninformed garbage!

Bud_Wilkinson
9/23/2006, 09:41 AM
Then Corso get's on his soapbox about a game he lost because of a bad call back in the stoneage (pre-review).
What's it been a week today and he is still holds a grudge over something that happened 20+ years ago. It's OK for him, but not for anyone else.
What a tool! He needs to go be a SUC water boy. That would make us all happy.

OUDoc
9/23/2006, 09:44 AM
Then Corso get's on his soapbox about a game he lost because of a bad call back in the stoneage (pre-review).

Yeah. If it weren't for that call, Corso would have been 2-200 over his career.

TripleOption14
9/23/2006, 09:46 AM
I didn't realize that we had a dated form of replay in the Big 12. They definitely need to change that ASAP!!!!

JohnnyMack
9/23/2006, 10:14 AM
He's one of the few good things left at ESPN. ABC will have him full time soon.

Sooner98
9/23/2006, 10:30 AM
Also, Corso said in regards to Stoops commenting on the call, something like "Enough is enough coach, time to move on!"

Uh, Lee, he made those comments FOUR DAYS AGO, and hasn't said anything about it since. YOU GUYS are the ones bringing it up. :rolleyes:

Jimminy Crimson
9/23/2006, 11:42 AM
He's one of the few good things left at ESPN. ABC will have him full time soon.

ABC Sports is pretty much ESPN now, though...

OKC-SLC
9/23/2006, 11:48 AM
Corso is an ***.

carry on.

SoonerMajic
9/23/2006, 11:50 AM
Why do ESPN and others continue to treat the call in terms of it being a "mistake" - that's the claim, and maybe it was, but it sure does not look, act or sound like a mistake?

Why has there been no in-depth national coverage about exactly what happened in the replay booth and why?

Unfortunately, the issue is now dead . . . .

tbl
9/23/2006, 11:59 AM
I say fortunately the issue is now dead... Let's beat down MTSU and get ready for the whorns... Unfortunately we have a bye week so I have a feeling this might creep back up again. I sure hope not.

WIBAAADGER
9/23/2006, 12:02 PM
Wisconsin feels your pain against Michigan right now....officials are trying to calll them right out of this game.

r5TPsooner
9/23/2006, 12:22 PM
Could you imagine if it were media darling Notre Dame that was hosed instead of OU? There would have been firings and a recommended day of mourning as well as an observed minute of silence on Monday. Hell, they might even of already reversed the decision by now.

BTW, I heard Corso's comments this morning regarding the officiating and eventual OU loss and while I used to find him a bit funny and mildly entertaining, he definitely showed his hatred for Stoops and the OU program on Gameday this morning.

BULongfellow
9/23/2006, 01:07 PM
We didn't get much coverage of our own problems with Pac-10 officials last week (for obvious reasons), but Baylor was robbed of a win over Wazzu. The Pac-10 has acknowledged numerous errors that led to the loss:

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2006/09/23/09232006wacscrewups.html