PDA

View Full Version : Should AD be back there returning punt?

boomersoonerdude
9/22/2006, 11:08 PM
What is your opinion on this????

Dan Thompson
9/22/2006, 11:16 PM
I like AD, but for punt returns I like Reggie Smith more.

boomersoonerdude
9/22/2006, 11:18 PM
I like AD, but for punt returns I like Reggie Smith more.

I agree with you 100% on that.... I was surprised when I saw him out there returning punt last week.....

Desert Sapper
9/22/2006, 11:22 PM
I think Juaquin is the man for standing back there on the kicks with Reggie. That scared me when we put AD back there. He needs to get a little rest so he can crank out the yardage on opposing Defenses. Having him back there returning kicks can only serve to either a)hurt him or b)slow him down. I don't care how fast he is. Kick returns are too much of a liability for a franchise player like AD.

amlah6
9/22/2006, 11:27 PM
I don't even like him being back there on kickoff returns. Iglesias was averaging almost 32 yards a pop, I'm not sure the risk of having AD back there is worth the reward.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 11:37 PM
maybe we should try AD at DT

SoonerMajic
9/23/2006, 12:00 AM
I read somewhere where they were using AD on kick returns to help keep people from kicking away from Reggie. Obviosuly, that strategy worked well with Reggie's last return against Oregon. (Although I thought Iglasias was doing well back there).

For some reason that is hard for me to explain I do not think AD's runing style lends itself to punt returns. Maybe because he is too much of a north/south downhill runner?