PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?

Sooner24
9/22/2006, 07:19 PM
Just a few years ago I would have still been able to bite a nail in two after the Oregon game and I was over it in a day or two. I am so sick of hearing about it I change the radio or TV when they start talking about it. I am either become very old or very apathetic one.

I stayed mad after the 84 Texas game for months but then again I still have not dried out from that game.

TheGodfather889
9/22/2006, 07:35 PM
Be happy if you can get over a loss quickly. I don't possess that skill and for some bad games I have been bitter for awhile. I was upset for about 7 months over the loss to USC. I don't think about it that much but I do get annoyed whenever I hear anything about it.

olevetonahill
9/22/2006, 07:50 PM
gettin old is the succ:eek:

DrZaius
9/22/2006, 08:08 PM
no doubt

OKLA21FAN
9/22/2006, 08:14 PM
hitting from the other side of the plate?

OUinFLA
9/22/2006, 08:17 PM

at least we have a clique

OK2LA
9/22/2006, 08:21 PM
To misquote Swingers:

"Everyday the sting - hurts a little bit less, and a little bit less. Then one day, you wake up, and it's gone - and you don't think about it."

That suc game has taken some time to get over - I think the only way possible that I'd EVER be able to get COMPLETELY over it . . . for us to thrash them the same way in the championship game.

The likelyhood of that happening isn't very good - hell, just to play them again would be pretty slim, but for us to dismantle them like they did us - just a very unlikely scenario.

And that my friend is why I hate usc.

I still don't know how those tejas guys got over those 65-13 drubbings . . . that would make my heart hurt.

I am pretty much "over" the oregon debacle, because it was so obvious, and everyone knows it. Again - stating the obvious - There is NOTHING you can do about it. Nothing you will do will change the outcome. EVEN if they did strike it from the record books, and "the game never happened." That doesn't take the pain away from it ACTUALLY happening - same thing with that Orange Bowl game. EVEN if Reggie Bush costs himself the heisman, and them the bcs championship - that doesn't change a damn thing about what happened that night.

GOTTA MOVE ON, or it will eat you alive & affect everything that you do in life. Relationships, Work, etc.

Lots of those coaches say: "You can't get too high with the wins, and can't get too low with the losses".

Ok, that's enough jibber jabber psycho babble -

carry on.

olevetonahill
9/22/2006, 08:28 PM
at least we have a clique
tru dat
just a few years ago I could DRIVE nails with it :D

GrapevineSooner
9/22/2006, 08:29 PM
I feel the same as Sooner24 does.

But it's partially because I've been arguing on this guy's blog (http://sturminator.blogspot.com) for the entire week with Longhorn fans and other assorted Sooner-haterade drinking asshats. And I'm getting severe tired head because of it.

olevetonahill
9/22/2006, 08:30 PM
To misquote Swingers:

"Everyday the sting - hurts a little bit less, and a little bit less. Then one day, you wake up, and it's gone - and you don't think about it."

That suc game has taken some time to get over - I think the only way possible that I'd EVER be able to get COMPLETELY over it . . . for us to thrash them the same way in the championship game.

The likelyhood of that happening isn't very good - hell, just to play them again would be pretty slim, but for us to dismantle them like they did us - just a very unlikely scenario.

And that my friend is why I hate usc.

I still don't know how those tejas guys got over those 65-13 drubbings . . . that would make my heart hurt.

I am pretty much "over" the oregon debacle, because it was so obvious, and everyone knows it. Again - stating the obvious - There is NOTHING you can do about it. Nothing you will do will change the outcome. EVEN if they did strike it from the record books, and "the game never happened." That doesn't take the pain away from it ACTUALLY happening - same thing with that Orange Bowl game. EVEN if Reggie Bush costs himself the heisman, and them the bcs championship - that doesn't change a damn thing about what happened that night.

GOTTA MOVE ON, or it will eat you alive & affect everything that you do in life. Relationships, Work, etc.

Lots of those coaches say: "You can't get too high with the wins, and can't get too low with the losses".

Ok, that's enough jibber jabber psycho babble -

carry on.

You said all that
to just say "chill "? :confused:

RedstickSooner
9/22/2006, 09:36 PM
I actually cooled way, way off when that Pac-10 dude apologized 'n such.

It was an unusual move, and I believe in being very molified by an actual apology -- as apologies should be worth somethin'.

Plus, having pretty much the entire world (aside from Oregon fans, and Pokies, apparently) on our side also helped.

I didn't get ****ed off again until my father-in-law (an LSU fan) made some remark about how, while it was unfortunate that we got hosed, it didn't *matter* as much as LSU getting hosed, 'cuz, y'see, LSU actually had a shot at the national championship. Where, obviously, OU was going to lose 2 or 3 more games no matter *what* happened at Oregon.

That got me a bit cheesed again. But that's probably what in-laws are for.

Sooner24
9/22/2006, 09:37 PM

Beats the alternative.

TheGodfather889
9/22/2006, 09:40 PM
That's what happened to me over the Orange Bowl.

RacerX
9/22/2006, 09:41 PM
Just a few years ago I would have still been able to bite a nail in two after the Oregon game and I was over it in a day or two. I am so sick of hearing about it I change the radio or TV when they start talking about it. I am either become very old or very apathetic one.

I stayed mad after the 84 Texas game for months but then again I still have not dried out from that game.

Back in the olden days you couldn't discuss it with as many Sooner fans in a short period of time as you can today.

Also, back in the olden days, there were about 15 sports guys on TV that would talk about it. Now there's a brazilian...and about 90% of them are asshats.

olevetonahill
9/22/2006, 09:53 PM
Beats the alternative.
Yup :cool:

opksooner
9/22/2006, 09:57 PM
Just a few years ago I would have still been able to bite a nail in two after the Oregon game and I was over it in a day or two. I am so sick of hearing about it I change the radio or TV when they start talking about it. I am either become very old or very apathetic one.........
This condition is known as "creeping old-fartism".

.............sorry http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Blues1
9/22/2006, 10:18 PM
Back in the olden days you couldn't discuss it with as many Sooner fans in a short period of time as you can today.

Also, back in the olden days, there were about 15 sports guys on TV that would talk about it. Now there's a brazilian...and about 90% of them are asshats.

Back in the OLD OLD days like when ND stop our Win streak -1957 -You had newspaper and a crying towel....Maybe a few fellow sooner fans if lived out of state...So it's over 50 years now and I'm still p!$$ed - But at least in that game I can say the officials didn't screw us...They beat us Fair & Square -

This Oregon game I will only be p!$$ed until I'm dead......:eek:

Still :D

RacerX
9/22/2006, 11:02 PM
No doubt Blues.

I just think we reach saturation on discussing it faster.

Sooner24
9/22/2006, 11:13 PM
Back in the OLD OLD days like when ND stop our Win streak -1957 -You had newspaper and a crying towel....Maybe a few fellow sooner fans if lived out of state...So it's over 50 years now and I'm still p!$$ed - But at least in that game I can say the officials didn't screw us...They beat us Fair & Square -

This Oregon game I will only be p!$$ed until I'm dead......:eek:

Still :D

I could get completely over it faster if the just refund all the money I was out going up there. :D

SouthFortySooner
9/23/2006, 02:41 AM
I really don't think there is a thing wrong with you that a good defensive showing wouldn't cure. :D

william_brasky
9/23/2006, 03:02 AM

Still haven't dried out from that game? Wowee wow wow.

yermom
9/23/2006, 03:04 AM
kicking the **** out of Texas would take a lot of the sting out of it

the only way i don't stay ****ed about this is if we somehow make it to the top 2 of the BCS at the end of the year

Readyfor8
9/23/2006, 03:13 AM
I'm with you yermom, I was just drinking and thinking and happend to think what if we played Oregon for the Championship, that would be great.

Flagstaffsooner
9/23/2006, 06:05 AM
at least we have a cliqueand groupies...

http://home.comcast.net/~sherryjlogan/picture/old_ladies.bmp

jrsooner
9/23/2006, 07:40 AM
Just a few years ago I would have still been able to bite a nail in two after the Oregon game and I was over it in a day or two.For me... it's because I know we got robbed but could do nothing about it. I listed a few things that must be done to calm me down, and each one of those have happened. The key one is that this was recognized as we would have won if the refs didn't step in. We are getting that from all quarters (except the state of Oregon - but they don't matter much anyways :) ) so that makes it a little bit easier. It's not like everyone is bragging on the ducks saying how well they "beat" us. Most are saying the ducks got lucky and would have lost. I think that goes a looong ways in cooling the anger.

I stayed madder of the suc game, because our guys had a direct hand involved in it. My quote to my boys are "Did you play your best? Did you train your hardest? If so, it's okay, if not it's your fault." After the suc game I could not say that they did both of those, so it just ate my lunch for a few months.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/23/2006, 09:39 AM
Be happy if you can get over a loss quickly. I don't possess that skill and for some bad games I have been bitter for awhile. I was upset for about 7 months over the loss to USC. I don't think about it that much but I do get annoyed whenever I hear anything about it.

Ding.