PDA

View Full Version : Gerald McCoy

CrimsonChampion
9/22/2006, 02:21 PM
Any word on whether or not he'll get some pt? I haven't seen him out there and we sure could use him, if he's ready that is.

I remember hearing he may play as a freshman, and he looked badazz in that high school all star game.

PDXsooner
9/22/2006, 02:32 PM
i get the feeling he'd play if he was ready. people think that he might miraculously come in and shore up the D.

i remember after the 2003 season when everyone wanted jason white to leave so bomar could play.

there's a "next guy in line" mentality that gets out of control some time.

Collier11
9/22/2006, 02:32 PM
everything we have heard so far is that he isnt ready...that being said, pendelton, bennett, and coleman arent doing jack so maybe him not being ready is still better than what we have???

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 02:36 PM
i dunno..seems to me that they should go ahead and redshirt him.....i dont know that he would make that big of a difference this year..

him and granger in the middle next season at 300 each will be nice

CrimsonChampion
9/22/2006, 02:38 PM
i get the feeling he'd play if he was ready. people think that he might miraculously come in and shore up the D.

i remember after the 2003 season when everyone wanted jason white to leave so bomar could play.

there's a "next guy in line" mentality that gets out of control some time.I'm wondering if he's gonna become a part of our rotation, not replace the starters we have.

PDXsooner
9/22/2006, 02:41 PM
i wonder too. it seems like really good d-lineman play early in their careers.

CrimsonChampion
9/22/2006, 02:43 PM
i dunno..seems to me that they should go ahead and redshirt him.....i dont know that he would make that big of a difference this year..

him and granger in the middle next season at 300 each will be nice
I agree, however, if we beat texass and things start to look BCS, we should move him into the rotation IF we're still struggling in the trenches.

I would way rather redshirt him and have him for years to come.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 02:55 PM
if we beat texas without him.. that will mean that our dts are playing better and that we wont need to pull him out of redshirt

jwlynn64
9/22/2006, 02:58 PM
Whatever happened to Mo Dampeer? ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2006, 03:02 PM

he is probably the reason pendleton and bennett didnt gain any weight...

mo to pendleton and bennett=" ya ll gonna eat cho cone bread?"

OUster
9/22/2006, 03:04 PM
Whatever happened to Mo Dampeer?

I heard that he ate an entire village of midgets before practice yesterday. They seem to let him do whatever he wants now.

jwlynn64
9/22/2006, 03:12 PM
Such a waste. He was great but no work ethic. I still remember him trying to run back that ball he intercepted. I've never laughed so hard at a football game.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
9/22/2006, 03:13 PM
http://moedampeer.com/

Blitzkrieg
9/22/2006, 03:47 PM
Seriously, can we put him in someone else's jersey, they don't have names on them.

That way he can play AND redshirt. It's really quite simple.

TopDawg
9/22/2006, 04:03 PM
Seriously, can we put him in someone else's jersey, they don't have names on them.

That way he can play AND redshirt. It's really quite simple.

"Wow. Jacob Gutierrez really put on some weight during the bye week."

washington's fave
9/22/2006, 07:37 PM
G-MAC will be a stud! He will help solidify the d-line against the run and occupy o-linemen in pass rush situations!! But and I say but - if he wasn't good enough to start on day 1 then let him redshirt and give him a chance to grow into his NFL body!! I believe the coaches shouldn't waste his opportunity to red shirt and become the next D-TACKLE SOONER STUD!! I say let him muscle up and learn his techniques and responsibilities so he can step into the line-up and be a game changer. Remember they pulled Marcus Walker out of red shirt and because he wasn't ready for the physical play of D-1 football, it has basically cost him 2 yrs of eligibility due to injury. Yeah the Sooners won the game against TAM but what have they lost because of it?

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/22/2006, 09:04 PM
The way our D-line has played so far I say turn him loose!!! Maybe he will the spark that starts the fire. So far this yaer on the D there seems to be no since of urgentacy(sp), we need a guy with an attitude, with lots and lots of attitude. Maybe hes the guy?? who knows. Dusty had attitude, maybe McCoy is just what we need ;)

CrimsonChampion
9/23/2006, 11:03 AM
I don't think it's a matter of intensity, if you notice, our D plays 10 times better in the 2nd half once we've figured out what the opposing offense is up to.

Now we just need to seperate ourselves from our opponents in the first half so we don't get into a situation like last week.