03 - Sunday
02 - Saturday
01 - Friday
00 - Thursday
99 - Tuesday
98 - Monday
97 - Sunday
96 - Saturday

According to my computer's calendar, that is. :)

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 02:02 PM
Thank you Norman Pride. You are a true gemtleman, as usual.

http://www.google.comOkay, I googled the exact words "As it turns out I also need to know what day of the week all of the
August 10ths have fallen on since 1996. and what came up was Consumating: A new way to find people who dont suck. :D

Scott D
9/22/2006, 02:10 PM
you know you still love me mom :)

p.s. NP is badgerwhipped

NormanPride
9/22/2006, 02:13 PM
you know you still love me mom :)

p.s. NP is badgerwhipped

Shut up and play with your new friend in the political thread. :D

Scott D
9/22/2006, 02:20 PM
Shut up and play with your new friend in the political thread. :D

don't you need to go practice to 'Jump Around' ;)

StoopTroup
9/22/2006, 02:23 PM
May we ask why you needed to know that stuff Mom?

Scott D
9/22/2006, 02:25 PM
mom's timing her jihad on daughter in law ;)

NormanPride
9/22/2006, 02:30 PM
don't you need to go practice to 'Jump Around' ;)

Any tradition that can potentially destroy a 70k person stadium is okay by me. :D

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 03:06 PM
mom's timing her jihad on daughter in law ;)Well actually, my former daughter in law promised us that my 10 year old granddaughter could spend fall break with us here in Woodward. Fall break is from Oct 18th until the 23rd. I would have to have her back on Sunday the 22nd. Because of distance, thats the only window of opportunity we get from August until the Christmas Break.

Well, I had it all planned. I would drive the 3 hours to Edmond on Tuesday afternoon, Oct 17th, pick her up after school and bring her here to Woodward. On Friday the 20th, we would drive to our hotel and have a fun filled OU Homecoming Colorado game. We could make a weekend of it, wake up on Sunday, go to mass at St Pats, and have great lunch, along with the rest of the Oklahoma City based family, including the X daughter in laws parents, and take her back home on our way back to Woodward. We have dinner with my X daughter in laws parents all the time with and without our granddaughter.

Well, The X-daughter in law just said that wont work because her baby who is almost 1 yr. old has a birthday on Wednesday the 18th and she just decided today that she going to plan a party for that night. So she wants me to pick my granddaughter up on Thursday the 19th at noon instead, which is nuts. If I did that, I would have to drive to Edmond, drive right back to Woodward, eat dinner, go to bed early, pack the next day (Friday), and turn right around again to leave when Papa sees his last patient of the day.

My point is that my granddaughters birthdays have always been celebrated on the Saturdays before or after her real birthdays, except for the birthdays which actually fell on Saturday. Her own family who I get along with very well, doesn't want to go to any Wednesday night party either.

She is just trying to be controlling again and annoy us all. She does that alot. She just told my granddaughter that Nana wants you to make a choice between her and your baby sister! :(

She is one of those kind of women who needs a husband and her mom to support her because she has never worked a day in her life at a real job. So my X daughterinlaws mother, who is also my dear friend and doesn't get along with her, suggested that I get a list of all the days that my granddaughters birthdays have fallen on she was born so we can make our point. We celebrated my granddaughters 1st birthday the day before her actual birthday. I just found the invitation. The date is August 9th! But she is saying that she is doing this because the 1st birthday is special.

OCUDad
9/22/2006, 03:11 PM
I think the SO could be more help than just giving you days of the week. Why not have Dean kill her, or william favor bore her to death?

SoonerBK
9/22/2006, 03:12 PM
Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!

GottaHavePride
9/22/2006, 03:15 PM
You know what? The kid will not remember what the heck anyone did on her first birthday. Hell, I don't even remember what I did on my 16th, 18th OR 21st birthdays. No, wait, my 21st I had an exam at 8 am the next morning so I was freaking studying.

A kid's first birthday party is thrown only for the benefit of the relatives.

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 03:36 PM
Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!:rolleyes:

You know what? The kid will not remember what the heck anyone did on her first birthday. Hell, I don't even remember what I did on my 16th, 18th OR 21st birthdays. No, wait, my 21st I had an exam at 8 am the next morning so I was freaking studying.

A kid's first birthday party is thrown only for the benefit of the relatives.That was another point that the other grandfather made when he just called to try to reason with her, but she did the "Oooops I have to go", hang up thing.

leavingthezoo
9/22/2006, 03:50 PM
i remember my first birthday. someone spiked the milk. AWESOME!

Osce0la
9/22/2006, 03:53 PM
I have some good advice for you:

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

Just kidding...I have people like this in my family as well.

My aunt got mad because my grandparent's stopped doing Birthday parties for grandchildren because they didn't have the money (they have custody of my cousin's 2 children - not to mention that have loaned said aunt and uncle a load of money over the last few years)...Well, said aunt has a child that is about to turn 1 and she doesn't think it's fair that they aren't throwing said child a party - never mentioning the fact that my grandparents had let them borrow money amounting in the thousands in the previous 12 months - which they haven't paid back, helping to aid in there lack of money...

If it wasn't for my grandparents, these people wouldn't even have a place to live right now, and then the fact that neither of them would take the steps to prevent having more kids - so now they have 6 children...

Scott D
9/22/2006, 03:59 PM
see I told you it had to do with that daughter in law type :D

IB4OU2
9/22/2006, 04:03 PM
see I told you it had to do with that daughter in law type :D

Which begs the question. Why do Mother-In-Laws and Daughter-In-Laws dislike one another so much? Iv'e found this to be pretty common...are they a threat to each other or what?

Osce0la
9/22/2006, 04:16 PM
Which begs the question. Why do Mother-In-Laws and Daughter-In-Laws dislike one another so much? Iv'e found this to be pretty common...are they a threat to each other or what?
My mom and my wife get along great, they always have...However, my wife and I both can't stand my mother-in-law...

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 04:33 PM
Which begs the question. Why do Mother-In-Laws and Daughter-In-Laws dislike one another so much? Iv'e found this to be pretty common...are they a threat to each other or what?I get along with her pretty well, as long as I tow the line, which is what I usually do, for the grandchilds sake, but sometimes its impossible for me to be able to do what she tells me to do. :)

She just remarried November before last and is very controling. That is why my son left her. Thats when our relationship started to change to unbearable. Her husband has two kids from a previous marriage and resents the things we 4 grandparents do for our grandchild because his kids granparents live far away and the ones here just dont put forth the effort.

IB4OU2
9/22/2006, 04:37 PM
I get along with her pretty well, as long as I tow the line, which is what I usually do, for the grandchilds sake, but sometimes its impossible for me to be able to do what she tells me to do. :)

i'm very familiar with that scenario mom.....;) atleast from a distance.

olevetonahill
9/22/2006, 04:44 PM
why dont you just let us take em both out ! ex and current slut dil :pop:

critical_phil
9/22/2006, 04:47 PM
No, wait, my 21st I had an exam at 8 am the next morning so I was freaking studying.

quitcherbitchin college boy.

i spent my 21st digging sand out of my drawers in saudi arabia...

C&CDean
9/22/2006, 04:55 PM
Mom,

My advice? Turn it loose. Let it be.

I dealt with a similar situation (involving kids, not grandkids) years ago. I finally got tired of fighting - and spending money on attorneys - and decided "why am I doing this? sure, for the kid/s, but it it healthy for the kids when the adults in their lives are ****ing and fighting with each other over stupid crap?"

You see, the problem here is estrogen. When you get estrogen involved, you get all kinds of irrational **** like this. She can't help being a yainch. It's her destiny.

Why don't you just have your son talk to her new husband about it. I'm sure they can come to some kind of an understanding.

And this, people, is why we haven't (and I pray to God never) had a female president. Females are great, but damn they're hard to deal with sometimes.

9/22/2006, 05:13 PM
C&C Dean
Estrogenal Expert

Dean, I'm going to print some business cards up for you. Pick 'em up when you get down here for the game, alright?

BeetDigger
9/22/2006, 05:34 PM
... but sometimes its impossible for me to be able to do what she tells me to do. :)

This line cracked me up. I know you meant something else, but I kept thinking about how the above statement is USUALLY used to imply being told to do something anatomically impossible.

Now let me get this straight: her own mom doesn't get along with her? And she is on your side in this? When the water is thicker than the blood, then something is messed up. Unfortunately, I think that there may be more of these situations in the future.

GottaHavePride
9/22/2006, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, estrogen the problem is. When involved, estrogen becomes, irrational **** like this you get. A yainch she canot help being. Her destiny it is.
http://ironteam.net/archives/yoda.jpg

For some reason, that's how that post read in my mind. Except put Dean's face on Yoda and laugh for about five minutes. :D

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 05:41 PM
Mom,

My advice? Turn it loose. Let it be.

I dealt with a similar situation (involving kids, not grandkids) years ago. I finally got tired of fighting - and spending money on attorneys - and decided "why am I doing this? sure, for the kid/s, but it it healthy for the kids when the adults in their lives are ****ing and fighting with each other over stupid crap?"

You see, the problem here is estrogen. When you get estrogen involved, you get all kinds of irrational **** like this. She can't help being a yainch. It's her destiny.

Why don't you just have your son talk to her new husband about it. I'm sure they can come to some kind of an understanding.

And this, people, is why we haven't (and I pray to God never) had a female president. Females are great, but damn they're hard to deal with sometimes.My son wont help. He does whatever is easiest. I dont blame him. I do the same thing myself most of the time. I did entertain the idea of letting them miss me for awhile. ;)

proud gonzo
9/22/2006, 05:43 PM
http://ironteam.net/archives/yoda.jpg

For some reason, that's how that post read in my mind. Except put Dean's face on Yoda and laugh for about five minutes. :D

*sigh*

C&CDean
9/22/2006, 05:43 PM
Well then good luck Mom.

MamaMia
9/22/2006, 05:45 PM
This line cracked me up. I know you meant something else, but I kept thinking about how the above statement is USUALLY used to imply being told to do something anatomically impossible.

Now let me get this straight: her own mom doesn't get along with her? And she is on your side in this? When the water is thicker than the blood, then something is messed up. Unfortunately, I think that there may be more of these situations in the future.Yes. I am the peace maker between the two of them. Her daughter and my son hate it that we are so close, but the granddaughter loves it that way. Our husbands, the grandfathers are pals as well. :D

proud gonzo
9/22/2006, 06:01 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1773/deanyodayv8.jpg

9/22/2006, 06:11 PM
Folks, it ain't gettin' no funnier.

StoopTroup
9/22/2006, 07:47 PM
Yes. I am the peace maker between the two of them. Her daughter and my son hate it that we are so close, but the granddaughter loves it that way. Our husbands, the grandfathers are pals as well. :D
Lucky Kids.

TUSooner
9/22/2006, 07:53 PM
BOOKMARK THIS - http://www.timeanddate.com/
It's really handy for, well, time and date stuff

EDIT - Yes, I did note that this thread is no longer about time and date, but it's still a handy site.

C&CDean
9/25/2006, 09:41 AM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1773/deanyodayv8.jpg

I've kilt me a bitch for less.

proud gonzo
9/25/2006, 01:30 PM
bwahaha :D

MamaMia
9/25/2006, 03:48 PM
Papa and I took the granddaughter and her best friend to lunch Sunday. She called me on my cell, saying that we needed to talk. We had a great time. I gave her the list of days all her real birthdays fell on and copies of all her birthday invitations showing that they were on different dates. I gathered those from my keepsake box. She laughed but was nonetheless impressed with how I made my point. She said she totally agrees with me and she'll try to reason with her mother, but for me not to get my hopes up. :)